PDA

View Full Version : Australian GP discussion thread

Pages : 1 [2]

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 15:33
What the hell have you been watching? \.

I don't have an answer to your question. I wish I did. You? Did you watch F1? And if so what set of rules were you going by?

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 15:36
Bet you didn't think anything of the sort in 2002.

I recall distictly at the first race every ody was focused on racing not studying, interptreting the rules manual, calling attorneys, setting meetings for appeals, conter appeals, and so on. But if that's does not bother you, enjoy the show. And the winner is......whatever, whoever. We'll let you know in six months.

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 15:38
You're joking, right? We've just witnessed F1 at its best. Stop whining.

And what rules did you excately went by? Watching the cars running around?

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 15:42
[quote="revised rules.[/QUOTE"]

Revised rules???????????? Already?????? They have not even started ONE race and they have a revised rules book? And how about the revision of the revised rules? Is it coming out anytime soon?

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 15:45
Bye!! don't let the door smack your arse on the way out!!

Did you forget to take your pill this morning? You seem to be quite interested in my....derriere, I noticed. Is there something would you like to share with everyone in here?

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 16:08
Just a party pooper - leave him whine.

I did not think complaining not having clear rules from the start of highly "regarded" sport is whining. I guess you just like watching cars going around regardeless of any rules. Have you tried watching Formula Indy? That's even easeir to follow.

OutRun
28th March 2009, 16:11
I feel like puking. Watching this qualifying session was revolting. For the first time in my entire life I finished watching this sharade and I have no idea what's the meaning of everithing I just saw. It was like watching two different championship at once with one set of cars made in one way and on other set made in another way. How can anyone call what we just watched Formula 1? And the results how true are they gonna be? For how long? Steadily and constantly getting turned off.

I felt exactly the same last season as a Honda fan. Not only did the chassis suck but the engine was underpowered due to the engine freeze.

Unfortunately I have no sympathy for you. Suck it up. there's always next year.

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 16:13
Just a party pooper?

Party poper? Where is the party? If you ask anyone on the track I hardly believe anyone would be talking about a party. Even Ross Brown last night, after Button and Barrichello took first and second row, did not crack a smile, as noticed by many tv commentators. While respecting your opinion, it's a huge mess.

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 16:15
Actually I expected Brawn 1-2 and McLaren's troubles, but only after Barcelona. It is reflected in my pickems. However, I am shocked by RBR and to a degree from Williams and I feel pretty sad for Ferrari and Renault.
But F1 rules, IMO :)

You are comparing apples with oranges

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 16:17
I see no reason why I have to respect a stupid post. The stewards deemed the cars legal, so what's his point?

I am starting to REALLY dislike you. And BTW your post are ALL highly enlighting.

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 16:22
There is no point, I wonder why many of these stupid posts come from the US and A? Anyway, this is what F1 is supposed to be: clever engineering, innovations, taking the rules to the limit. Vintage stuff.

F1 right now is clever? High engineering? innovations? Taking the rules to the limits? Considering the source of all those "edge cutting" parameters they are all representitive of their source: senile, bizarre, inconsistant, backwards, etc.
PS As for your comment about stupid posts coming from the U.S. what makes you sound intelligent? YOU saying that??

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 16:24
No, not at all.

And why is that? You don't know the rules of coexisting with others? Of pluralism and democracy?

Simmi
28th March 2009, 16:25
Revised rules???????????? Already?????? They have not even started ONE race and they have a revised rules book? And how about the revision of the revised rules? Is it coming out anytime soon?

Stop crying the people who designed the 'dodgy' diffusers were doing their jobs. They spot the grey area, they exploit it - good on them, give the people involved a pay rise IMO. It is up to the other teams to catch up. Anyone would think there was a five second deficit between the teams with and without said diffuser design.

And btw no one wants to see an entire page of the thread taken up by the inane ramble of someone who clearly doesn't understand the very nature of F1. Get a clue coz you just watched the best qually session in recent memory.

dj_bytedisaster
28th March 2009, 16:25
I am starting to REALLY dislike you. And BTW your post are ALL highly enlighting.

Well must people in here will by now eigther hate you or think you're an utter clot. You start off by posting a comment that had nothing whatsoever to do with reality, since pretty much all except you seemed to like what they saw in qualifying. Nobody is happy about the stuff that goes on off-track with all the protest malarkey, but on-track action was brilliant - and then you round up your obvious disorientation by flooding the forum with dozens of single line insult posts within a few minutes. Just get your twaddle out in a single post and be done with it for pete's sake.
Maybe I'm wrong, but you really come across as a McMerc or Ferrari fanboy, that doesn't get the 1 second per lap advantage of his favourite team that you seem to feel entitled to. Many here think your initial post was rubbish and that's why you took the flak.

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 16:28
I felt exactly the same last season as a Honda fan. Not only did the chassis suck but the engine was underpowered due to the engine freeze.

Unfortunately I have no sympathy for you. Suck it up. there's always next year.

I am sorry. I obviously live in a world way different than yours. In my world I don't have to put up with what I don't like. In my world there is a word most likely absent in yours. It's called: CHANGE. Feel bad for you.

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 16:50
Well must people in here will by now eigther hate you or think you're an utter clot. You start off by posting a comment that had nothing whatsoever to do with reality, since pretty much all except you seemed to like what they saw in qualifying. Nobody is happy about the stuff that goes on off-track with all the protest malarkey, but on-track action was brilliant - and then you round up your obvious disorientation by flooding the forum with dozens of single line insult posts within a few minutes. Just get your twaddle out in a single post and be done with it for pete's sake.
Maybe I'm wrong, but you really come across as a McMerc or Ferrari fanboy, that doesn't get the 1 second per lap advantage of his favourite team that you seem to feel entitled to. Many here think your initial post was rubbish and that's why you took the flak.

My dear DJ if you have ever read my posts, I have ALWAYS, and repeat ALWAYS respected every single one of you. My post was just stating my opinion -about the reality in F1 right now- about how revolting the situation is with this diffuser issue. As Pino and others have indicated I am ONLY responding to many UNJUSTIFIED attacks I received. These are coming, surprisingly enough, from people I have always respected. (I dare anyone of you to prove me wrong).

Second, my nickname (MSTILLHERE) leaves no doubt who I root for. However, my support for my team in not fanatical like it is for many other people in here. To support what I am saying I, last yea, posted a series of HIGHLY critical posts AGAINST my team for their incredible poor performance.

I, as an individual, am TOTALLY against verbal and physical abuse. However, I become very "outspoken, when I am unfairly and undoubtly insulted and provoked. I have been a member of this forum for quite a while now, and I keep in noticing (as previously dicussed in an other thread) that the level of rudeness and poor behaviour in this forum has definetly changed the true original civil nature of this site.

I can reassure you that my original intent was just to make one post. I had no idea how bad things have gotten in this forum. So, I had to defend my self from the many insults I received.

Thank you for your message. I really appreciated your since it gave me the opportunity to clearify my position. Please people be civil to each other and try to enjoy the rest of teh championship.

jens
28th March 2009, 16:53
In my world there is a word most likely absent in yours. It's called: CHANGE.

Well, in this case the current F1 world and your world should fit together very nicely. :) A LOT has changed in F1, pecking order has almost changed as much as possible - you should be satisfied. ;)

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 16:59
Well, in this case the current F1 world and your world should fit together very nicely. :) A LOT has changed in F1, pecking order has almost changed as much as possible - you should be satisfied. ;)

Hi Jens,
I totally agree with you. Change is definetly something I love and welcome in my life and in sports as well. I would have been very satisfied if I had not seen how the FIA has refused to make the use of the diffusers right or wrong for all the teams, dragging it for ever. As a spectator I would want to know how to watch the race. Follow some sort of rules. At this time I am totally blaming the F1 leadership for this mess. I can't care less if at this time Ferrari is slower that the Brawn team . It's a very long championship and Ferrari have no problem in catching up.

dj_bytedisaster
28th March 2009, 17:02
My dear DJ if you have ever read my posts,

... shortened ...

Thank you for your message. I really appreciated your since it gave me the opportunity to clearify my position. Please people be civil to each other and try to enjoy the rest of teh championship.

We all dislike the whole diffuser and "whom do we protest today" malarkey. But judging by your 500+ posts one would think you'd notice that you posted in the wrong thread - there are several threads about the diffuser junk, this one is the GP (mostly ontrack) discussion. That's why you got such a rude reply, since your post almost wrecked a very nice and happy discussion. Please vent your anger in the appropriate thread - and as a veteran around here, you should know how to quote more than one person in a single thread rather then spamming the forum with one-liners.

Hope that we settle this then and can go on with the topic of the thread, which is the GP and not the damn politics, that we have way to much of anyways.

BDunnell
28th March 2009, 17:47
My dear DJ if you have ever read my posts, I have ALWAYS, and repeat ALWAYS respected every single one of you. My post was just stating my opinion -about the reality in F1 right now- about how revolting the situation is with this diffuser issue. As Pino and others have indicated I am ONLY responding to many UNJUSTIFIED attacks I received. These are coming, surprisingly enough, from people I have always respected. (I dare anyone of you to prove me wrong).

Second, my nickname (MSTILLHERE) leaves no doubt who I root for. However, my support for my team in not fanatical like it is for many other people in here. To support what I am saying I, last yea, posted a series of HIGHLY critical posts AGAINST my team for their incredible poor performance.

I, as an individual, am TOTALLY against verbal and physical abuse. However, I become very "outspoken, when I am unfairly and undoubtly insulted and provoked. I have been a member of this forum for quite a while now, and I keep in noticing (as previously dicussed in an other thread) that the level of rudeness and poor behaviour in this forum has definetly changed the true original civil nature of this site.

I can reassure you that my original intent was just to make one post. I had no idea how bad things have gotten in this forum. So, I had to defend my self from the many insults I received.

I couldn't agree more, as I too occasionally feel the need to become outspoken, as you put it, in the face of what I consider to be the almost impossible attitude of certain members.

We are in for a great and fascinating season, and I certainly plan to enjoy it for the racing, as I feel enthusiasts should.

BDunnell
28th March 2009, 17:49
Hi Jens,
I totally agree with you. Change is definetly something I love and welcome in my life and in sports as well. I would have been very satisfied if I had not seen how the FIA has refused to make the use of the diffusers right or wrong for all the teams, dragging it for ever.

I'm with you on this, because while I will still find the race very enjoyable and fascinating, it's a shame that something approaching an atmosphere of chaos is surrounding it, and that the FIA has shown no leadership on the major technical issue of the day.

dj_bytedisaster
28th March 2009, 18:10
I'm with you on this, because while I will still find the race very enjoyable and fascinating, it's a shame that something approaching an atmosphere of chaos is surrounding it, and that the FIA has shown no leadership on the major technical issue of the day.

When *did* the FIA show leadership? They're a bunch of blithering idiots that couldn't tell their arse from a hole in the ground, we all know that. Idiot-Midget and Nazi-Max have almost ruined it, and pretty much all around here are fed up with it, but please discuss that in the gazillion politics threads in the forum, this one is for us celebrating Ross Brawn's lads mopping the floor with the lot of them ;)

At least we, who live in blatant denial need a place to pretend all's going to be ok, well 8 :beer: might help *giggle*

pino
28th March 2009, 18:35
To all of you, let's go back to the topic now, and please don't let me ask this again, or you will be sorry !

dj_bytedisaster
28th March 2009, 18:44
To all of you, let's go back to the topic now, and please don't let me ask this again, or you will be sorry !

That's what me post was aimed at (may have been too blunt, sorry)- just trying to keep the politics out of at least one thread ;) The race could be epic and I don't wnt to worry about nothing else :D

Valve Bounce
28th March 2009, 18:45
I don't have an answer to your question. I wish I did. You? Did you watch F1? And if so what set of rules were you going by?
The one set by the Stewards, not your posts.

F1boat
28th March 2009, 19:16
Although the row about the diffusers is even uglier...

dj_bytedisaster
28th March 2009, 19:24
Although the row about the diffusers is even uglier...

ur doin' it wrong mate - no diffuser sh*t in here, only racin' ;)

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 21:14
Stop crying the people who designed the 'dodgy' diffusers were doing their jobs. They spot the grey area, they exploit it - good on them, give the people involved a pay rise IMO. It is up to the other teams to catch up. Anyone would think there was a five second deficit between the teams with and without said diffuser design.

And btw no one wants to see an entire page of the thread taken up by the inane ramble of someone who clearly doesn't understand the very nature of F1. Get a clue coz you just watched the best qually session in recent memory.

First of all tone it down, buddy. What's the "very nature of F1"? Having no rules? If there are rules, what are they, GENIUS??

ShiftingGears
28th March 2009, 21:22
And why is that? You don't know the rules of coexisting with others? Of pluralism and democracy?

Just because someone else has an opinion doesn't mean I have to respect it.

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 21:25

Said Hitler

gloomyDAY
Why is everyone so mad in this thread?

Relax! Let's go racing and make sure the past stays where it should, behind us.

ioan

Is there anything you respect? It doesn't look like it.

markabilly
28th March 2009, 21:30
First of all tone it down, buddy. What's the "very nature of F1"? Having no rules? If there are rules, what are they, GENIUS??

Okay, here you go since you asked me:

(1) Yes, tone it down or pino might spank
(2) Racing
(3) NO,many rules but only one ruler who says what they are
(4) See number three above

you are welcome. Any more questions, just call out my name and I will be there, don't worry, ain't no mountain high enough....ain't no river wide enough....

.....new theme song for "team brawn"--love the name

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 21:31
Why is everyone so mad in this thread?

Relax! Let's go racing and make sure the past stays where it should, behind us.

Hi Gloomy,

not everybody is mad here. There are a couple of nazis in here who believe that whatever they say it's the law. Anyone else who does not agree with them and dares disagreeing or venture posting their thought, gets insulted, disrespected, called names, and so on. As far as I am concerned I am just defending myself from their continued verbal abuse and verbal assault.
I beg Pino to stop this and start banning these nazis for life.

christophulus
GP Discussion Thread guys - come on!

Only 8 1/2 hours to go before we find out which Brawn driver will clinch the first victory of the season... Getting up at 6am has never seemed so appealing!

BDunnell
Said Hitler

That's rather strong. I certainly don't respect everybody's opinions and I hope I wouldn't be compared to Hitler! Respecting everybody's right to have an opinion and express it is what's important. Thereafter, everybody should be free to form their own view of those opinions, and those views might include not taking them seriously or disagreeing with them vehemently.

BDunnell
28th March 2009, 21:32
Hi Gloomy,

not everybody is mad here. There are a couple of nazis in here who believe that whatever they say it's the law. Anyone else who does not agree with them and dares disagreeing or venture posting their thought, gets insulted, disrespected, called names, and so on. As far as I am concerned I am just defending myself from their continued verbal abuse and verbal assault.

Calling people Nazis is beyond the pale, in my view. Yes, there are people on these forums whose comments I sometimes find bizarre and infuriating in the extreme, but there are no Nazis.

ShiftingGears
28th March 2009, 21:32
Is there anything you respect?

Yes.

ShiftingGears
28th March 2009, 21:33
Said Hitler

:laugh:

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 21:34
Okay, here you go since you asked me:

(1) Yes, tone it down or pino might spank
(2) Racing
(3) NO,many rules but only one ruler who says what they are
(4) See number three above

you are welcome. Any more questions, just call out my name and I will be there, don't worry, ain't no mountain high enough.....

So now I am supposed to be scared, mr. tough guy?

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 21:35
That's rather strong. I certainly don't respect everybody's opinions and I hope I wouldn't be compared to Hitler! Respecting everybody's right to have an opinion and express it is what's important. Thereafter, everybody should be free to form their own view of those opinions, and those views might include not taking them seriously or disagreeing with them vehemently.

You are preaching to the choir. You should be addressing your words somewhere else.

BDunnell
28th March 2009, 21:36
You are preaching the choir. You should be addressing your words somewhere else.

I'm afraid I genuinely don't get what you mean by that.

markabilly
28th March 2009, 21:37
So now I am supposed to be scared, mr. tough guy?
that ain't my name, I done told you when you asked for my help
It is Mr. Genius Markabilly, but you can call me cooler than kimi, and as it says in my signature...if you ain't....

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 21:41
I'm afraid I genuinely don't get what you mean by that.

I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR QUITE SOMETIME NOT TO PERSONALY INSULT ME OR THREATNING ME BECAUSE OF WHAT I WROTE AND BECAUSE OF WHAT I THINK. SINCE SOME PEOPLE HERE KEEP IN INSULTING ME, I AM CALLING THEM "NAZIS" BECAUSE OF THE AGGRESSIVE NATURE OF THEIR PERSONALITY. SINCE THE NAZIS WERE AGGRESSIVE PEOPLE TOO, I CALL THESE PEOPLE NAZIES. THERE YOU GO.

BDunnell
28th March 2009, 21:41
I'm out of this thread. It's taken a frankly nasty turn.

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 21:46
that ain't my name, I done told you when you asked for my help
It is Mr. Genius Markabilly, but you can call me cooler than kimi, and as it says in my signature...if you ain't....

Sorry, buddy. Sorry. I got carried away. My deepest apologies.
PS I just did not get the reference to the song

mstillhere
28th March 2009, 21:49
I'm out of this thread. It's taken a frankly nasty turn.

I am sorry BDunel, although I know why you are saying that. I was the first one who had to suffer the attacks. Now I am just returning fire.

ShiftingGears
28th March 2009, 21:58
I am sorry BDunel, although I know why you are saying that. I was the first one who had to suffer the attacks. Now I am just returning fire.

I don't see where my attack was. I said that I don't have to respect every single opinion everyone says, and then you implied that it was a Nazi-exclusive trait.

Anyway, I think BrawnGP will win this one. Hopefully a Red Bull will grab the last podium spot. It's a little unfortunate for Webber that he got shuffled from 3rd to 10th, but he can recover for some good points.

I also wonder what the on-track action will be like. In the midst of all the bizarre results I think some have overlooked what the technical changes were supposed to be for. And we'll find out this evening.

markabilly
28th March 2009, 22:09
I also wonder what the on-track action will be like. In the midst of all the bizarre results I think some have overlooked what the technical changes were supposed to be for. And we'll find out this evening.

I wonder more about team orders.....like maybe whoever laps a ferrari first gets the win????? :s mokin:

pino
28th March 2009, 22:25

What part of the above post you Guys don't understand ? I've asked to move on and keep this thread on topic. Next off-topic post will be punished with a month ban...try me ! :mad:

Valve Bounce
28th March 2009, 22:44
What part of the above post you Guys don't understand ? I've asked to move on and keep this thread on topic. Next off-topic post will be punished with a month ban...try me ! :mad:

Here we go, back on topic guys!!

Somebody was out on the track just after 8 am for around 15 minutes. I was cycling past when they started. Don't know who it was, could have been Lewis testing his gearbox, or Toyota testing their new rear wings.

ozrevhead
28th March 2009, 22:48
Come on guys lets Chilax a bit shall we....(and pino just delete the posts rather than ban anyone!)

Its the first race of the year and im so excited! God I hope Mark has got his starts down pat! And again I have to put up with Vettel going to ____ all over Webber BS in other forums even though Mark has beeen quicker all weekend bar one lap :mad:

IF BrawnF1 do romp it home I really really really hope its Rubeans who wins

ioan
28th March 2009, 22:55

You are right.

Never ever beg anyone.

And calm down FGS.

Back to topic. A few hours more and will be glued to the sofas in front of the TV sets. I'm off to take a sleep before that cause I'm gonna lose one hour tonight.

christophulus
28th March 2009, 23:01
Somebody was out on the track just after 8 am for around 15 minutes. I was cycling past when they started. Don't know who it was, could have been Lewis testing his gearbox, or Toyota testing their new rear wings.

Didn't know they were allowed to practice whenever they wanted.. is it an official session then?

ioan
28th March 2009, 23:04
Didn't know they were allowed to practice whenever they wanted.. is it an official session then?

Nah, Valve was still dreaming F1 cars after the breakfast. :p :

ozrevhead
28th March 2009, 23:51
could of been one of thoes two seaters

Mark in Oshawa
29th March 2009, 02:23
After finding out the Brawn's took the pole, I can just say Honda look like idiots for one, and it is at least gratifying to see something new happen and a true shakeup in F1. I may have to watch tonight, and I usually watch the first race hoping F1 will be more like it was in the 70's and 80's when I saw actual races for position all through the field and throughout the race.

I will say these cars are funny looking but they do look like they are a handful to drive and THAT means drivers have to be on top of the car, which is always a good thing.

V12
29th March 2009, 04:04
Starting to get excited now! As if I could have gotten to sleep early last night...nope Australian GP weekend has always been all-nighter weekend and it will continue to be :)

dj_bytedisaster
29th March 2009, 04:20
Unfortunately they jacked the race back, so it starts like 8am now (thats germany time). Somehow the "feel" gets lost a bit - in the olden days me dad and I got up at like 4am to see the race - with my old man usually falling asleep again halfway to the race so I had to inject a hefty dose of coffee into the old fella :laugh:

anyway, I'm really excited about todays race and god help me, that's a first for many years, hope that this is just the first of many exciting races this year :D The whole field within 2 seconds that just begs for an adrenaline fueled race - if those front tray tables stay on :D

V12
29th March 2009, 05:14
I'm glad I'm not the only Euro who enjoys pulling the night shift more than the early start at 6/7 whatever, I agree it's part of the whole feel and atmosphere of the Australian race for us Europeans, I guess our Antipodean friends get to do this every other weekend once the European season starts!

mstillhere
29th March 2009, 05:25
After finding out the Brawn's took the pole, I can just say Honda look like idiots for one, and it is at least gratifying to see something new happen and a true shakeup in F1. I may have to watch tonight, and I usually watch the first race hoping F1 will be more like it was in the 70's and 80's when I saw actual races for position all through the field and throughout the race.

I will say these cars are funny looking but they do look like they are a handful to drive and THAT means drivers have to be on top of the car, which is always a good thing.

Hi,
you do bring a good point. Honda after years and millions of dollars in trying to win something, R. Brown at his first attempt as owner of the team is looking pretty good and attracting new sponsorships. I wonder what it was that kept them so behind.

Valve Bounce
29th March 2009, 05:26
Unfortunately they jacked the race back, so it starts like 8am now (thats germany time). Somehow the "feel" gets lost a bit - in the olden days me dad and I got up at like 4am to see the race - with my old man usually falling asleep again halfway to the race so I had to inject a hefty dose of coffee into the old fella :laugh:

anyway, I'm really excited about todays race and god help me, that's a first for many years, hope that this is just the first of many exciting races this year :D The whole field within 2 seconds that just begs for an adrenaline fueled race - if those front tray tables stay on :D

............and with three fast cars at the rear of the field, two with rebel diffusers.

dj_bytedisaster
29th March 2009, 07:13
Nice action on the track. :D

Yet, the "bonehead of the race" award goes to Mr. Barrichello of Brazil for wrecking half the field. Rubens, what the hell were you thinking, dude ? *riddle*

Giuseppe F1
29th March 2009, 07:54
Excuse my ignorance here, but I thought refueling during pitstops was banned?

dj_bytedisaster
29th March 2009, 07:56
Eh, you might have misunderstood something there. Of course refuelling is allowed.

christophulus
29th March 2009, 08:13
Excuse my ignorance here, but I thought refueling during pitstops was banned?

Banned as of next season

Daniel
29th March 2009, 08:31
Wtf? Were there some drugs in my coke last night?

dj_bytedisaster
29th March 2009, 08:31
Looks like I awarded my "bonehead of the race" too early, it's been now decided that Mr. Barrichello has to concede that viciously fought award to Mr. Vettel of Germany. That must be the first time, that a driver said on team radio "I'm an idiot, sorry" :laugh:

christophulus
29th March 2009, 08:32
Brilliant brilliant brilliant! Brawn 1-2 but really should have been Kubica and Vettel on the podium, they messed up pretty badly there. And Hamilton 4th! HOW??

Fantastic start :D

ArrowsFA1
29th March 2009, 08:33
As Ross said to JB "Sensational job" :cool:

ShiftingGears
29th March 2009, 08:34
What a collossal f&%^up.

pino
29th March 2009, 08:35
Congrats to Button and great job by Trulli too :up:

Daniel
29th March 2009, 08:36
Yes Pino he did really well too. Can't really believe this. Congrats to Jenson and Brawn.

dj_bytedisaster
29th March 2009, 08:36
2 Brawns and a Toyota that started bog last on the podium. That makes Lazarus' comeback look pretty lame :D

Hamilton 4th *wow*
Glock 5th *wow*

That was the best start into a season since ages :D

jjanicke
29th March 2009, 08:40
Called it!!!

Great race. Great race.

ozrevhead
29th March 2009, 08:43
Well done Button & Trulli - I'm really happy for the pair :D

Young Bumei did really well for his debue race & Kudos to Glock and Lewis

Shame for Kubi - dumb mistake for Vettel :mad:
Oh Mark - what did u do in a previous life :( I dont think I could feel this bad in a race :bigcry:

ioan
29th March 2009, 08:44
Looks like I awarded my "bonehead of the race" too early, it's been now decided that Mr. Barrichello has to concede that viciously fought award to Mr. Vettel of Germany. That must be the first time, that a driver said on team radio "I'm an idiot, sorry" :laugh:

Vettel was fighting for position and the car slid a bit at the exit of that turn.
Also he is an honest guy who owns up to his mistakes unlike most of the F1 drivers who will always find someone else to blame.

Ranger
29th March 2009, 08:45
Nup, don't believe it.

Well done to the Brawn team.

Barrichello should've known better than to wreck the races of 3 people at the first corner, completely his mistake, deserving of a penalty.

Big idiot awards go to Vettel and Kubica though. Not to worry, at least they'll be up the pointy end for the rest of the season.

Ranger
29th March 2009, 08:47
Vettel was fighting for position and the car slid a bit at the exit of that turn.
Also he is an honest guy who owns up to his mistakes unlike most of the F1 drivers who will always find someone else to blame.

He is a nice guy but today he was a big idiot, no excuses.

ioan
29th March 2009, 08:50

They both were idiots of about the same rang. Vettel for trying to keep a much faster car behind and Kubica for not waiting for a clearer shot on the next straight.

Anyway in racing this things happen and in close racing they happen even ofter.

What Barrichello did at the start was worse and much more dangerous.

jjanicke
29th March 2009, 08:50

Not so sure. Kubica had his role. Could have given a little more space.

Daniel
29th March 2009, 08:51
Rubens said he was hit from behind at the start

dj_bytedisaster
29th March 2009, 08:51
But I liked, that he owned up to the mistake. One tends to forget that he's one of the more inexperienced blokes out there, that was like his 20th (??) or so GP, so mistakes happen and it isn't really easy to open the door, if you're fighting for 2nd. But yes it was his mistake.

There should have been at least a warning though for Barichellos punt in the first corner, that really was a boneheaded move from someone who's been in the business for 16 years *headshake*

Daniel
29th March 2009, 08:55
If he was pushed why warn him?

F1boat
29th March 2009, 08:56
Not so sure. Kubica had his role. Could have given a little more space.

Both were thinking not with their head. It happens with young people in competition. But congratulations for Brawn GP, for Jenson's flawless victory, and what an amazing drive from both Jarno Trulli and Lewis Hamilton. Soon McLaren wiil catch Brawn and may turn the season into a DTM-like Mercedes Cup.
And British battle, of course.

Daniel
29th March 2009, 08:56
On the replay Rubens definitely pushed from behind. Not his fault at all

AndyL
29th March 2009, 08:58
Hamilton 4th *wow*

If the diffusers get ruled out on appeal, he just won the race!

I wouldn't be too hard on Vettel for that incident. As I see it, it was just two drivers who were both desperate to take second place and wouldn't yield to each other. Racing incident. Proof, if any were needed, that we don't need any whacky scoring schemes from Bernie or Max to encourage drivers to try to overtake one another.

Congratulations to Jenson and Ross :D

dj_bytedisaster
29th March 2009, 09:00

you may have seen something other than everybody else. He went for a gap that wasn't there and shoved Webbers car into the Beemer of Heidfeld.

christophulus
29th March 2009, 09:02
They both were idiots of about the same rang. Vettel for trying to keep a much faster car behind and Kubica for not waiting for a clearer shot on the next straight.

I wouldn't say they were idiots but they certainly weren't thinking rationally. But then again, with a shot at winning I'm not overly surprised. Real shame but they've shown they have the pace.

I'd say Barrichello was ultimately to blame but I think someone else might have had a hand in that incident. Will check the replay later

Garry Walker
29th March 2009, 09:03

Kubica was already past Vettel, he was not expecting sebby to lose his mind montoya-style.

Daniel
29th March 2009, 09:03
It was clear on the replay dj. You see Rubens' car lurch forward.

Triumph
29th March 2009, 09:05
Fantastic to see Jenson Button in a good car at long last and able to demonstrate his ability.

Excellent performance by Lewis Hamilton. Hopefully they will get that car sorted out quickly.

:-)

ioan
29th March 2009, 09:06
you may have seen something other than everybody else. He went for a gap that wasn't there and shoved Webbers car into the Beemer of Heidfeld.

Yep that's how I remember it too.

christophulus
29th March 2009, 09:10
I'd say Barrichello was ultimately to blame but I think someone else might have had a hand in that incident. Will check the replay later

I take it back. Kovalainen tapped him from behind, my bad

ioan
29th March 2009, 09:10
Kubica was already past Vettel, he was not expecting sebby to lose his mind montoya-style.

Kubica was past Vettel?! :laugh:
Kubica had one wheel in front of Vettel when the both turned in. I suppose you are one of those who think that if you manage to put your nose in front under braking and on the outside, so not the ideal line, than the other should just say "after you"?
This is racing not rallying, and it was a hard fought battle between them. IMO they are not stupid and they are not morons or idiots as you like to call drivers you hate. They are just two young and fast drivers who misjudged the move, both of them.

Now Vettel said sorry, I'm waiting to see what if Kubica will own up to his part of the mistake.

Daniel
29th March 2009, 09:11
Np's everyone makes mistakes. I didn't see it till the end either.

christophulus
29th March 2009, 09:13
Uh oh. McLaren's Whitmarsh has said the FIA are looking at Trulli and he might lose 3rd place. Apparently he went 'off' under the SC at the end, Hamilton passed and then Trulli overtook again.

We shall see what comes of it!

Garry Walker
Fantastic to see Jenson Button in a good car at long last and able to demonstrate his ability.

:-)
Brawn is not a good car. It is a fantastic and a dominant car. It is a shame that car will help him over other much better drivers, with lesser cars.

Dave B
What Barrichello did at the start was worse and much more dangerous.

There should have been at least a warning though for Barichellos punt in the first corner, that really was a boneheaded move from someone who's been in the business for 16 years *headshake*

Daniel is right. Please watch the replays. Rubens did look like a numpty but the replays clearly show that Kovy tapped him from behind, he was just as much of a victim as Webber.

McLaren have protested Trulli's P3, claiming he overtook Hamilton under the Safety Car.

Daniel
29th March 2009, 09:16
Would be a pity to see Jarno lose his 3rd but rules are rules.

AndyL
29th March 2009, 09:16
Brawn is not a good car. It is a fantastic and a dominant car. It is a shame that car will help him over other much better drivers, with lesser cars.

Yes, that must be why it did the fastest lap of the race. Oh, hang on... :rolleyes:

Garry Walker
29th March 2009, 09:19
Kubica was past Vettel?! :laugh:
Kubica had one wheel in front of Vettel when the both turned in. I suppose you are one of those who think that if you manage to put your nose in front under braking and on the outside, so not the ideal line, than the other should just say "after you"?
This is racing not rallying, and it was a hard fought battle between them. IMO they are not stupid and they are not morons or idiots as you like to call drivers you hate. They are just two young and fast drivers who misjudged the move, both of them.

Now Vettel said sorry, I'm waiting to see what if Kubica will own up to his part of the mistake.

Kubica did not make any mistake, he did not drive into Vettel, Vettel drove into him. Vettel had the chance to fight for position like others before him did at the same time avoiding ramming Kubica, but he was unable to do so.

If someone had driven into Vettel, like Vettel drove into Kubica, you would be screaming bloody murder.

Garry Walker
29th March 2009, 09:20
Yes, that must be why it did the fastest lap of the race. Oh, hang on... :rolleyes:

Is this the first race you followed?
Are you saying Brawn GP car is not by a clear margin the fastest car out there?

ozrevhead
29th March 2009, 09:23
Daniel is right. Please watch the replays. Rubens did look like a numpty but the replays clearly show that Kovy tapped him from behind, he was just as much of a victim as Webber.

McLaren have protested Trulli's P3, claiming he overtook Hamilton under the Safety Car.
Mark clealy had the right of way - he should of yelided

Its bad enough to have his race ruined without numpies defending the idiot who hit him

Dave B
29th March 2009, 09:25
Mark clealy had the right of way - he should of yelided

Its bad enough to have his race ruined without numpies defending the idiot who hit him
How could Rubens yield? There was a McLaren on his rear diffuser.

Call me a numpty again and I'll report your post.

Dave B
29th March 2009, 09:25
Vettel & Kubica; Trulli & Hamilton all being investigated.

christophulus
29th March 2009, 09:26
Uh oh. McLaren's Whitmarsh has said the FIA are looking at Trulli and he might lose 3rd place. Apparently he went 'off' under the SC at the end, Hamilton passed and then Trulli overtook again.

We shall see what comes of it!

Vettel, Kubica, Hamilton, Trulli all off to see the stewards at the moment (BBC)

dj_bytedisaster
29th March 2009, 09:27

Why am I not surprized. Just what we needed - another protest. I'm really surprized that nobody protested the weather, I mean, it was way too good. This is pathetic

Daniel
29th March 2009, 09:31
I'm no fan of McLaren but i think they're right to protest.

ozrevhead
29th March 2009, 09:31
How could Rubens yield? There was a McLaren on his rear diffuser.

Call me a numpty again and I'll report your post.
as appose to telling me to get some glasses

you such a big man arent you NUMPTY!

Dave B
29th March 2009, 09:34

Please provide a link to the post where I told you that, as I don't really doing so.

dj_bytedisaster
29th March 2009, 09:36

@oz, as you're seemingly quite fond of Mark Webber, you are understandably upset, but please knock that name calling off - this thread almost got out of hand yesterday, we don't need that again today.

@Dave, daniel, same goes for you, dont't let people provoke you and no need to bicker over the shove or not. You saw it, others didn't - it's just like any ball game that relies on a second's decision.

be nice to each other people

ozrevhead
report me i dont care - you provoked me

its hard to be nice to those who goat you

Garry Walker

Hilarious :D

Daniel
29th March 2009, 09:38
Dj I do take back the glasses comment but looking back on the comments Oz has made you have to see my point.

christophulus
29th March 2009, 09:40
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7970518.stm

Highlights, UK users only though sorry :(

To me it looks like Webber might have turned across Barrichello before Kovalainen hit him. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: from the onboard, Webber looked like he was struggling to stop in time to miss Heidfeld, even before being hit by Rubens. Kovalainen still probably to blame for me though.

dj_bytedisaster
Dj I do take back the glasses comment but looking back on the comments Oz has made you have to see my point.

Just trying to calm things down, it's pretty easy to see why oz is rather easily upset at the moment, so taking a can of fuel to a bonfire is a bad idea ;)

ozrevhead

what point - my favorite driver got punted out of a potential for a podium for the 1000th time and you defend the idiot who did it

Why should I be bleeding upset - Mark isnt a dirty driver, he doesnt drive like an idiot and yet he gets all the bad luck

AndyL
29th March 2009, 09:41
Is this the first race you followed?
Are you saying Brawn GP car is not by a clear margin the fastest car out there?

Yes it was the best car over the course of the race. However for much of the race there were other cars in the field that were matching it or even exceeding it for pace, as evidenced by Rosberg in the Williams taking the fastest lap, which I would say runs against your argument that it is "dominant".

Also I would not call it a "shame" that some cars are faster than others...

Dave B
29th March 2009, 09:42
@Dave, daniel, same goes for you, dont't let people provoke you and no need to bicker over the shove or not. You saw it, others didn't - it's just like any ball game that relies on a second's decision.
Nobody's provoking me. I freely admit that at the time I was furious and disappointed with Rubens, it did look for all the world as if the first-lap incident was his fault. I don't claim any special powers of eyesight, it was only thanks to a reply on the BBC coverage that I saw what actually happened.

You may remember Spa last year when Massa was accused of driving off the track in his attempt to overtake Webber. I grabbed some frames from the TV footage and realised I was wrong. I had no problem admitting my mistake then, and I have no problem admitting I was wrong over Rubens.

It just baffles me why some people seem incapable of changing their mind when confronted with evidence. Hey ho. :\

Valve Bounce
29th March 2009, 09:43
Chillout guys - no need to get heated. Go drink some French Champagne, and you'll feel better (like me). :)

Daniel
Just trying to calm things down, it's pretty easy to see why oz is rather easily upset at the moment, so taking a can of fuel to a bonfire is a bad idea ;)

Do you blame the shop that sells the rope when someone makes a noose out of it, hangs it over a branch and jumps off the chair? :)

I can understand why Oz is unhappy, but there's no excuse for blaming the wrong person when most other people seem to agree that Rubens wasn't to blame and the coverage clearly shows this.

dj_bytedisaster
what point - my favorite driver got punted out of a potential and you defend the idiot who did i

Why should I be bleeding upset - Mark isnt a dirty driver, he doesnt drive like an idiot and yet hes fair game all the time

you're quite worked up, because his race was destroyed, understandably so, but no need to explode though. I agree that to me it looks like an overly optimistic move even if Barrichello was punted, but no need to attack other people who think otherwise, the only thing coming out of it would be a spanking from Pino (moderator) and that particular moderator might still be pissed off at yesterdays flame war in here, so I try to prevent the fireworks before the excrements hit the rotating cooling device :D

ozrevhead
29th March 2009, 09:44
I know what I saw OK :( :( :(

Daniel
29th March 2009, 09:47

I saw the same thing at the time and felt the same as you at the time. But now I have more evidence I see things very differently. Dave and myself are not one eyed Brawn/Rubens fans or anything and I myself get annoyed at Marks bad luck but Rubens was pushed. Please stop this before you look even sillier. Not for my sake or for the forum, but for yourself.

Valve Bounce
29th March 2009, 09:47

Oz!! let me give you a virtual hug and comfort you!! :)

Daniel
29th March 2009, 09:49
Nobody's provoking me. I freely admit that at the time I was furious and disappointed with Rubens, it did look for all the world as if the first-lap incident was his fault. I don't claim any special powers of eyesight, it was only thanks to a reply on the BBC coverage that I saw what actually happened.

You may remember Spa last year when Massa was accused of driving off the track in his attempt to overtake Webber. I grabbed some frames from the TV footage and realised I was wrong. I had no problem admitting my mistake then, and I have no problem admitting I was wrong over Rubens.

It just baffles me why some people seem incapable of changing their mind when confronted with evidence. Hey ho. :\

We all make judgements based on what we see at the time. I originally felt Lewis did the right thing in Spa last year but when I saw the replays I changed my mind. It's just how it goes.

ozrevhead
29th March 2009, 09:51
Oz!! let me give you a virtual hug and comfort you!! :)
Thanks

I dont care how silly I look - Im not going to pretend to be happy just to make me look less silly

I'm upset angry and fustrated - looking un-silly isnt top on my list of prioirites at the moment

AndyL
29th March 2009, 09:53
Yes it was the best car over the course of the race. However for much of the race there were other cars in the field that were matching it or even exceeding it for pace, as evidenced by Rosberg in the Williams taking the fastest lap, which I would say runs against your argument that it is "dominant".

Also I would not call it a "shame" that some cars are faster than others...

Just to add to that, Mario Thiessen also didn't think that Brawn was dominant since he reckons his man was going to win the race until the collision with Vettel.

I wonder if this was the first race Mario Thiessen has followed ;)

Daniel
29th March 2009, 09:53
Thanks

I dont care how silly I look - Im not going to pretend to be happy just to make me look less silly

I'm upset angry and fustrated - looking un-silly isnt top on my list of prioirites at the moment
No one expects you to be happy. Your favourite driver had his race ruined by an idiot in a Mercedes powered car, all we expect is that you blame the right car :) You seem a nice guy and I just don't want to see you look silly like this.

Valve Bounce
29th March 2009, 09:56
Thanks

I know how you feel, and I used to bad mouth bunsen - how good was his drive?? Out of a drive, team kaput, looking like spending this year proving he never had it - then kaboom!! he leaves them all. Forget Hungary, THIS is the real deal, the real win!! Nobody can take anything from this win.

It begs the question: had bunsen been driving for McLaren instead of Lewis Hamilton these past two years, would bunsen be a WDC?

Knockie will be chuffed. :)

ozrevhead
29th March 2009, 09:56
No one expects you to be happy. Your favourite driver had his race ruined by an idiot in a Mercedes powered car, all we expect is that you blame the right car :) You seem a nice guy and I just don't want to see you look silly like this.

Im a girl for startes

If it wasnt this it was vettel in japan and fizi before that and a whole host of retirements - im not too concered if im silly or not...try telling me somthing I dont know!

Geez louise!

Valve Bounce
29th March 2009, 09:57

Daniel, Oz is NOT a guy!! :rolleyes:

ozrevhead
29th March 2009, 09:58
ahh dont worry about it Valve - your my knight in shining armour though :p

I know how you feel, and I used to bad mouth bunsen - how good was his drive?? Out of a drive, team kaput, looking like spending this year proving he never had it - then kaboom!! he leaves them all. Forget Hungary, THIS is the real deal, the real win!! Nobody can take anything from this win.

It begs the question: had bunsen been driving for McLaren instead of Lewis Hamilton these past two years, would bunsen be a WDC?

Knockie will be chuffed. :)
He would of too you know - Hamilton had the best car all year - same as Lewis wouldnt of won if he was with BAR/Honda

aryan
29th March 2009, 10:00

No. He was pushed by HK. It wasn't Rubens' fault.

Heikki gets all the blame for that.

Daniel
29th March 2009, 10:04
lol my apologies oz. No offence intended at all. Please excuse my ignorance!

ozrevhead
29th March 2009, 10:06
lol my apologies oz. No offence intended at all. Please excuse my ignorance!
No worried - i guess i should be the one apologizing really

it just soooooo :mad: :( - they interviewed Mark afterwards he was so dejected :(

aryan
29th March 2009, 10:09
No worried - i guess i should be the one apologizing really

it just soo :mad: :(

Oz, I understand you. I feel for you.

But, it was a racing accident. Hopefully, Vettel has proven that RB is a fast car this year, and that means Mark will have a shot at podiums and even a win or two.

Look at the full half of the glass ;) :)

ozrevhead
29th March 2009, 10:12
Oz, I understand you. I feel for you.

But, it was a racing accident. Hopefully, Vettel has proven that RB is a fast car this year, and that means Mark will have a shot at podiums and even a win or two.

Look at the full half of the glass ;) :)
thats if someone else doenst hit him out you mean :(

Ive looked at the half full glass for the last 100 GP - how many more smashed glasses should I look at?

AndyL
29th March 2009, 10:14
No. He was pushed by HK. It wasn't Rubens' fault.

Heikki gets all the blame for that.

It certainly seems that it was Heikki who initiated that chain of events. But I think it's a little harsh to assign blame to anyone when 20 cars are all competing for the same bit of track. An accident somewhere in the field is almost inevitable and it's pretty much a lottery who makes the first contact.

Valve Bounce
29th March 2009, 10:18
Can we blame it on the sun, as all the cars were driving into the setting sun!!

Giuseppe F1
29th March 2009, 10:20
Move of the race for me had to be Glock round the outside of Alonso, for position, for points - made it stick good

Triumph
29th March 2009, 10:33
I have just heard something on the radio about Lewis Hamilton now being third, so I presume Trulli has been penalized for a move under safety car conditions.

superocean
29th March 2009, 11:18
exciting but a disaster of a race.
1. Rubens with the bad start
2. Safety car was sleeping then stayed at the party too long.
3. Good passing and challenges by mid pack cars and cars coming out of the pits.
4. Kubica and Vettle could have been awesome had they not ended up with bonehead awards.
5. Trulli not 3rd? WTH?
Where was Ferrari and Quick Nick and Aussie Webber?

Drive of the day was Buemi mixing it up with the pros. Good start to F1 career. Keep it up.
I'm going to look for a benz engine on ebay to put in my honda and see if I see similar results.

christophulus
29th March 2009, 11:24
Edit: Old news, never mind :)

woody2goody
29th March 2009, 11:24
Does anyone think that Nico Rosberg's tyre issues at the start explain his great pace in qualifying - i.e. the fact that the Williams must have used it's soft tyres very quickly?

Ranger
29th March 2009, 11:26
The producer and camerawork was great today as it always is at Melbourne. Shame the Tv coverage was not.

woody2goody
29th March 2009, 11:33
The producer and camerawork was great today as it always is at Melbourne. Shame the Tv coverage was not.

Do you have the Aussie feed mate? How come the coverage isn't good?

aryan
29th March 2009, 11:45
It certainly seems that it was Heikki who initiated that chain of events. But I think it's a little harsh to assign blame to anyone when 20 cars are all competing for the same bit of track. An accident somewhere in the field is almost inevitable and it's pretty much a lottery who makes the first contact.

I certainly agree with you :)

Mistakes always happen on the first corner, specially when the guy on the front row has made a terrible start, and there are some cars which start much faster due to KERS.

It is just bound to happen. Probably Heikki was too fast with all that extra 80 PS and couldn't do anything but to run into Rubens...

aryan
29th March 2009, 11:47
I'm going to look for a benz engine on ebay to put in my honda and see if I see similar results.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ranger
29th March 2009, 11:51
Do you have the Aussie feed mate? How come the coverage isn't good?

Well everyone gets the same feed, which is always good in the Oz GP, as opposed to Japan, for instance.

The TV coverage is bad, because Channel Ten puts in adbreaks in the worst places possible, ie. at the end of a 5-lap safety car period. Today we missed Raikkonen and Piquet's accidents completely.

Devo.

Valve Bounce
29th March 2009, 11:53
Well everyone gets the same feed, which is always good in the Oz GP, as opposed to Japan, for instance.

The TV coverage is bad, because Channel Ten puts in adbreaks in the worst places possible, ie. at the end of a 5-lap safety car period. Today we missed Raikkonen and Piquet's accidents completely.

Devo.

So that's what happened. I was sipping champagne and missed it :(

BDunnell
29th March 2009, 12:24
I thought it was a fabulous race, highly entertaining and full of incident. Could have been even better if Vettel and Kubica hadn't collided, but there you go.

AndyRAC
29th March 2009, 12:32
I thought it was a fabulous race, highly entertaining and full of incident. Could have been even better if Vettel and Kubica hadn't collided, but there you go.

I'd agree, when F1 is good, it's fantastic!! I just hope the rest of the season shapes up just as good - oh, and not too much politics. But I wouldn't count on it.

Valve Bounce
29th March 2009, 12:38

Could have been even better had the first SC didn't bugger up bunsen's lead. Unfortunately for bunsen, his lead meant he got next to no TV coverage for much of the time and just looking at the extensive coverage the black car got, one could have been forgiven if they thought he was in the lead without listening to the commentary.

VkmSpouge
29th March 2009, 13:14
A very enjoyable race.

Jenson Button a deserving race winner, he drove almost flawlessly throughout the weekend. Rubens Barrichello got a bit lucky to get second, clearly the Brawn is quite strong to take all those hits. Still a one-two on their debut, brilliant stuff from Brawn.

Lewis Hamilton got rather lucky to get 3rd place in the end. That said he did some good overtaking moves and then kept himself out of trouble. He'll be very pleased with the result but there is a huge gulf between that McLaren and the Brawns.

A real shame Kubica and Vettel colliding spoilt a potentially quite exciting race end. I'm not sure it was entirely Vettel's fault, Kubica had no need to squeeze the Red Bull so much (he would have got by at the next corner), while Vettel should have let Kubica go, there was no way he would have held off Kubica.

Well done to Sebastien Buemi scoring 2 championship points on his debut.

OutRun
29th March 2009, 15:20
A brilliant and historic debut for Brawn GP. :D That was a well deserved and dominant finish. It's scary to think that they are still behind in development and testing. It's only going to get better. :D

The other teams need to stop whining about diffusers and get on with the competition in the midfield. :laugh: Ferrari were an embarrassment.
:rotflmao:

Brawn GP has put a smile on my face. :D

Brown, Jon Brow
29th March 2009, 15:41
This is probably the worst ever race for Ioan!
Ferrari cock it up and so does his favourite Vettel. And the 'hopeless slower than Sato/Sutil' Button dominates and Hamilton proves he can work his way through from the back.

Hamilton was superb today. Yes, he had a lot of luck to get 3rd but he stayed out of trouble but was still aggressive. He really showed his class. :up:

Giuseppe F1
29th March 2009, 20:03
Why was Ross Brawn specifically telling Rubens to slow down towards the very end of the race in a panicked state?

They broadcast Rubens' radio transmission and you could hear his engineer telling him to slow down and then it cut to Ross interjecting on the radio and insisting Rubens "Slow down! Slow down Rubens!" as if he wasnt listening to his engineer.......what was this all about specifically?

Anyone know??

Zico
29th March 2009, 20:25
Why was Ross Brawn specifically telling Rubens to slow down towards the very end of the race in a panicked state?

They broadcast Rubens' radio transmission and you could hear his engineer telling him to slow down and then it cut to Ross interjecting on the radio and insisting Rubens "Slow down! Slow down Rubens!" as if he wasnt listening to his engineer.......what was this all about specifically?

Anyone know??

Wasn't that under the safety car and I could be wrong but isn't there a rule that the lap or sector time must fall below a certain percentage of full race pace?

BDunnell
29th March 2009, 20:27
Incidentally, I think it was also said that that transmission was broadcast with a delay and didn't match the on-board footage from Rubens' car that was being shown at the time.

rickos
29th March 2009, 20:34

Rubens has been told to slow down almost every race, year after year in his career. Is there not a rule against team orders as such? :D

SGWilko
29th March 2009, 20:47
Rubens has been told to slow down almost every race, year after year in his career. Is there not a rule against team orders as such? :D

:rotflmao:

F1boat
29th March 2009, 21:41

Maybe Ross was scared that Rubens might hit Jenson with a bonehead move, I dunno.

ioan
29th March 2009, 21:47
It's because of the SC rules. They have to keep a certain speed after the SC is deployed.

BDunnell
29th March 2009, 21:53
It's because of the SC rules. They have to keep a certain speed after the SC is deployed.

I didn't know that. I presume that this wonderfully consistent rule doesn't apply to those who are allowed to overtake and join on the back of the train...

Giuseppe F1
29th March 2009, 22:33

Ahhh, of course! Thanks Ioan

RB must have been very tight there because its the only time Ross seemed to lose his cool this weekend as he was really ordering him to slow down.

Thanks again Ioan

Valve Bounce
30th March 2009, 00:37
I think you're wrong ald fruit (well, there's a shocker).

Brawn GP will turn heads this year.

Come on, what's the bet?

You are right kncokie - and I was way, way wrong. Hope my sig is OK with you.

ozrevhead
30th March 2009, 00:57

Anyone know??
engine may of been heating too fast mby

call_me_andrew
30th March 2009, 02:38
It was a great race until Vettel crashed and ruined my FGP team.

30th March 2009, 06:21
Jenson :s mokin:

555-04Q2
30th March 2009, 06:35
To our younger members and those new to F1, Sunday was an example of the racing we used to see in the 80's and early 90's. Plenty of overtaking, twitchy cars, upsets, uncertainty etc etc. It was great. What a season 2009 is going to be :up:

Well done to Bunsen, Rubens and the whole Brawn GP Team. Ross, you are a masterclass that will never be matched :up:

555-04Q2
30th March 2009, 06:37

Correct :up: The time minimum time limit to get complete a lap has been set to prevent people "racing" around the track during the SC period to increase safety.

F1boat
30th March 2009, 07:41
To our younger members and those new to F1, Sunday was an example of the racing we used to see in the 80's and early 90's. Plenty of overtaking, twitchy cars, upsets, uncertainty etc etc. It was great. What a season 2009 is going to be :up:

Well done to Bunsen, Rubens and the whole Brawn GP Team. Ross, you are a masterclass that will never be matched :up:

If this was how the 80s were, I like it a lot...

christophulus
30th March 2009, 08:15

That's something I noticed too. I've been pestering my friends and flatmates to watch the F1 this year (probably a bit too much..) but they all said how much they enjoyed it which is great to see :up: . These are the same people who got bored of the last few years because "nothing happened"

What I haven't enjoyed is trying to explain the row over the confusers to everyone :p

AndyRAC
30th March 2009, 09:06
That's something I noticed too. I've been pestering my friends and flatmates to watch the F1 this year (probably a bit too much..) but they all said how much they enjoyed it which is great to see :up: . These are the same people who got bored of the last few years because "nothing happened"

What I haven't enjoyed is trying to explain the row over the confusers to everyone :p

Yeah,the confusers are certainly causing some diffusion...... ;)

Valve Bounce
30th March 2009, 09:30
Yeah,the confusers are certainly causing some diffusion...... ;)

Yeah!! I was totally diffused. :(

jens
30th March 2009, 18:02

Never? Overexaggeration. How do you know, what is going to happen in the future? ;)