PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Tour

Hazell B
6th March 2009, 13:25
Would you go?

Forgetting his (in some people's opinion) brilliance on stage, I wonder why he's chosen the UK to relaunch his career? After all, he sold more records in the States.

I've wondered if it's because the people of America have finally seen that he may just be a sad, pathetic man who's liable to turn up late on stage then mime two songs before letting backing dancers and singers take over the rest. As he's also knee deep in debt, perhaps he wouldn't earn anything at home anyway - the creditors would get it all.

I wouldn't go for one simple reason. He spent his cash on either tacky rubbish or paying off families. I won't help rebuild his fortune so he can pay off more possible lawsuits for deeds I'd rather not thinik about.

Over to you .....

BeansBeansBeans
6th March 2009, 13:31
I wouldn't go because it'll cost a fortune and he's bound to be a shadow of his former pop-genius self.

A.F.F.
6th March 2009, 13:49
Now he is a shadow of an alien he used to be.

Donney
6th March 2009, 16:13
I wouldn't go because I don't like his music nor him.

emporer_k
6th March 2009, 16:32
I don't particularly like his music.

Mark in Oshawa
6th March 2009, 17:10
Hazell...you said it too well. There is no point in elaborating...you figured the little fraud out.

Point is, he is lucky he isn't in jail for child molestation....

schmenke
6th March 2009, 17:32
Hazell...you said it too well. There is no point in elaborating...you figured the little fraud out. ....

Yep. His motivation for touring now is dubious (similar to Phil Collins btw... :mark: ).

yodasarmpit
6th March 2009, 18:13
No, I don't support paeodophilia.
Plus I'm not a fan of his music anyway.

Roamy
6th March 2009, 18:25
I wouldn't take the time to piss on this pathetic pedophile

Roamy
6th March 2009, 18:27
you know when it is bedtime at michael jackson's ??

when the big hand touches the little hand

Drew
6th March 2009, 19:41
I've wondered if it's because the people of America have finally seen that he may just be a sad, pathetic man who's liable to turn up late on stage then mime two songs before letting backing dancers and singers take over the rest. As he's also knee deep in debt, perhaps he wouldn't earn anything at home anyway - the creditors would get it all.

Whereas we people of Britain think he's truely a pop god and that none of the awful (but legally speaking unsuccessful) lawsuits against him mean anything? It must be the money part. Plus he has a whole group of freaky fanatics that would follow him to Burma to see him.

I wouldn't pay to go, put it that way :)

Sonic
6th March 2009, 19:42
you know when it is bedtime at michael jackson's ??

when the big hand touches the little hand

I feel dirty!! ;) *shivers*

Hazell B
7th March 2009, 13:00
Whereas we people of Britain think he's truely a pop god .......?

Well, some seem to see the old Jackson. After all, tickets are expected to sell out in minutes and he wouldn't be able to book the O2 for so long without sound finances in place, which means a confident backing from somebody rich and gormless.

Frightening, isn't it? I bet some people buy tickets for their kids, too :s

BDunnell
7th March 2009, 13:26
I have seen him once — not performing, but at the Houses of Parliament, weirdly — and that glimpse was enough for me.

A.F.F.
7th March 2009, 13:39
I saw him at Madame Tussaud's. :)

Dave B
7th March 2009, 14:18
I have seen him once — not performing, but at the Houses of Parliament, weirdly — and that glimpse was enough for me.
One day you really should publish your memoirs - they'd be far more interesting than any of the celebrity crap which sells by the bucketload!

For a giggle I've just been looking at the eBay listings for tickets - considering they're not on sale yet there's a surprising number of people claiming they've got guaranteed tickets. Most of them have little or poor feedback scores, and some of them want as little as £300 for a £75 ticket. I'm seriously tempted! That reminds me, I must reply to that Nigerian prince...

Drew
7th March 2009, 15:45
Well, some seem to see the old Jackson. After all, tickets are expected to sell out in minutes and he wouldn't be able to book the O2 for so long without sound finances in place, which means a confident backing from somebody rich and gormless.

Frightening, isn't it? I bet some people buy tickets for their kids, too :s

Yeah but you see it won't just be British people buying it, it'll be all of his loony fans from around the world that will flock to London to see him :\

BDunnell
7th March 2009, 16:46
One day you really should publish your memoirs - they'd be far more interesting than any of the celebrity crap which sells by the bucketload!

Great advertising slogan for a book: 'Far more interesting than any of the celebrity crap which sells by the bucketload'.

Sonic
7th March 2009, 18:28
I saw him at Madame Tussaud's. :)

probably less wax than the real one :D

A.F.F.
8th March 2009, 06:44
probably less wax than the real one :D

:laugh: :up:

Caroline
8th March 2009, 14:25
Michael Jackson surely will milk as much money from the loyal fans with high merchandise prices and tickets. I am sure he really means 'farewell to my debts tour'. Or am I being unkind?

BeansBeansBeans
8th March 2009, 16:41
Michael Jackson surely will milk as much money from the loyal fans with high merchandise prices and tickets. I am sure he really means 'farewell to my debts tour'. Or am I being unkind?

Fair, I'd say.

But he's not the first popstar to head back on the road for one last payday.

Roamy
8th March 2009, 18:31
i''d like to knock that fag pedophile fake nose right off him.

Sonic
8th March 2009, 19:25
i''d like to knock that fag pedophile fake nose right off him.

No need to knock it off. Looks like its gonna drop off on its own any day. I've just seen the press conference for the first time and his nose is different shapes on each side....ODD

harsha
9th March 2009, 10:18
i like his music.............MJ's songs were the ones which got me into music bigtime..

but i won't go to any of his concerts even if it were held in Hyderabad,India

turves
9th March 2009, 13:06
I saw the History tour many years ago, but wouldn't go again now...

turves
9th March 2009, 13:07
plus he's probably got Gary Glitter supporting...

stevie_gerrard
24th March 2009, 13:18
I can say that i would love to go to this concert, mainly because i am a big fan, but i couldn't get tickets despite having a friend queue for hours only to be disappointed.

I tend to agree with most people though and say it won't be anywhere near as good as if he was 20 years younger, but it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see one of the greats of music in concert.

Mark in Oshawa
24th March 2009, 14:24

Nope...pretty much sums it up, and apprently in the UK he feels you guys are sheep to be fleeced!

He is up to his eyeballs in debt. Pretty sad for a guy who owns a chunk of the Beatle's catalogue plus his own music. Then again when you are insane about how you spend money, this happens.

ChrisS
24th March 2009, 16:26
I can say that i would love to go to this concert, mainly because i am a big fan, but i couldn't get tickets despite having a friend queue for hours only to be disappointed.

I tend to agree with most people though and say it won't be anywhere near as good as if he was 20 years younger, but it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to see one of the greats of music in concert.

I would hate to have tickets for one of the later dates because I think only the first few concerts will be good. I just cant see him keeping up with so many shows back to back, I wouldnt be surprised if after the first few ones he starts cancelling concerts.