PDA

View Full Version : Mario Dominguez off to FIAGT and is pacific coast doesnt look like its happening either

evo5_mat
6th March 2009, 12:44
looks like he off to FIA GT, and cant see pacific happening either if they still havent got the funding

take from autosport
Former Champ Car race-winner Mario Dominguez is aiming to switch to the FIA GT Championship after lining up a test in the new K plus K Motorsport team's Saleen.

Czech squad K plus K recently announced that they had acquired two Saleen S7Rs for the 2009 season, and have signed JetAlliance Aston Martin duo Karl Wendlinger and Ryan Sharp for the lead car, but Adam Lacko is so far the only driver confirmed for the second machine.

With Dominguez's 2008 IndyCar team Pacific Coast Motorsports yet to finalise their 2009 plans, and the Mexican considered unlikely to stay on even if they find funding, he is looking to move into sportscars with K plus K instead. He will test for the team at Lausitz later this month.

"I am delighted to test for K plus K Motorsport with teammates like Karl, Ryan, and Adam Lacko," said Dominguez. "I would definitely like to race in the FIA GT Championship together."

K plus K team owner Karel Kubu confirmed that he is keen to get Dominguez on board for the full season.

"I am happy to put Mario in one of my cars for these three days of testing and I hope for a strong future together," he said.

Dominguez took two wins and 11 podiums during his six seasons in Champ Car before the series folded.

Mad_Hatter
6th March 2009, 22:04
I thought PCM was supposed to be partnered in the rubicon or 3G team. On Dominguez, at least he's racing.

:confused:

DanicaFan
7th March 2009, 03:54
I thought PCM was supposed to be partnered in the rubicon or 3G team. On Dominguez, at least he's racing.

:confused:
They are and Buddy Rice is the driver.

Chamoo
7th March 2009, 05:29
They are and Buddy Rice is the driver.

Nothing official yet, and it's been in the rumor mill so long, I am starting to doubt it.