PDA

View Full Version : irresponsible driver

gadjo_dilo
5th March 2009, 07:47
How irresponsible could someone be to act like this while driving?

http://www.realitatea.net/video_682782_danseaza-in-picioare-pe-scaun--pleaca-de-la-volan--asculta-muzica-la-maximum---comportamentul-unui-sofer-roman-pe-autostrada---vezi-video_469607.html

Sonic
5th March 2009, 08:06
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have taped that!

Seriously tho......what a muppet.

Easy Drifter
5th March 2009, 08:27
The Ontario Provincial Police just caught an Infiniti G35 , late at night, doing 150 K over the speed limit. Like 250K in a 100 K zone. It was on the 400 highway in Toronto which is about 10 or 12 lanes (5 or 6 each way) at that point. Chase cars further down the highway pulled him over as he came up on them. They had their roof lights on.
Car automatically impounded for 7 days and licence suspended for 7 days on the spot.
If guilty (caught on Radar) 6 demerit points, and up to $10,000.00 fine. Insurance rate will be out of sight.

When I was young and stupid and traffic far far lighter almost 40 years ago I did over 170 mph in a 70 mph zone on the 401 which was a 4 lane highway then. That was at 2 am. That was in a Pontiac Trans Am GM owned prototype with mods no Trans Am was ever sold with.
About 3 years ago on an almost deserted 400 up here I was over 140mph in a Z8 BMW. Then my brain kicked in and I backed off. Speedo was in mph and I was thinking in kph at first. Big Ooops.

Drew
5th March 2009, 17:02
Don't worry, it's not as if he was speeding! :rolleyes:

Wade91
5th March 2009, 17:19
whats wrong with haveing a little fun wile driveing? :p

Camelopard
6th March 2009, 00:39
From a few weeks ago, surely if you were smart you wouldn't make it so easy for the police to track you down?

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/youtube-motorbike-hoon-nets-driving-ban/1443267.aspx

ShiftingGears
6th March 2009, 01:57
whats wrong with haveing a little fun wile driveing? :p

I hope you are kidding. What he was doing was clearly reckless and stupid.

Mark in Oshawa
6th March 2009, 17:05
AS someone who drives a big rig for a living, if I saw a guy doing this as I passed him, I would be taking note of the company, truck number and making a phone call to the local cops. I know it is a long day out there behind the wheel and there is a boredom factor, but this guy is a loon. Not bright especially when you consider someone was taping this idiot and posting it on the net. I would be curious to know if this moron was recognized by someone who sent that little clip to his boss......

That said, I have seen a lot out on the road, and this loon in many ways had more control over his situation than some people driving cars reading books or playing with their computers.

Wade91
7th March 2009, 05:10
I hope you are kidding. What he was doing was clearly reckless and stupid.
well, i big rig is big enough to do that, so why not? :p

ShiftingGears
7th March 2009, 05:25

Because he could kill other motorists thanks to his stupidity. Obviously.

Ranger
7th March 2009, 05:30
This isn't how large a big rig's dancefloor is.

A driver's license means you are entrusted to drive carefully.

I have little to no respect for people who don't understand this concept.

Wade91
7th March 2009, 13:49
This isn't how large a big rig's dancefloor is.

A driver's license means you are entrusted to drive carefully.

I have little to no respect for people who don't understand this concept.
well, the truck still stayed strat lol

Jag_Warrior
7th March 2009, 16:51
Hmm. Well, the lil fellow sure has a lot of energy, doesn't he? Wonder if his parents had any kids that weren't retarded?

MrJan
7th March 2009, 18:12
I'm not overly bothered by the irresponsible driving, I just think that the bloke is a p****. If I had been the bloke witrh the camera then at the next set of traffic lights I'd have t***ted his face against the steering wheel and then got out of the vehicle :D

ioan
7th March 2009, 21:31
That's why I prefer taking the train every time I visit Romania, people back there should have an intelligence test before being granted a driving license.

PS: Last year I went by car for the first time after 9 years, and it was the most stressful journey I had in many years. You need to avoid other's stupidity at least once every 15 minutes.

ShiftingGears
8th March 2009, 01:43
well, the truck still stayed strat lol

What if he had to brake suddenly due to an accident ahead of him?

I hope you don't have a license, with the way you think his reckless behaviour is acceptible.

Wade91
8th March 2009, 11:59
What if he had to brake suddenly due to an accident ahead of him?

I hope you don't have a license, with the way you think his reckless behaviour is acceptible.
lol serieriolsy, automobills, are a means of trancpertation, but they are also a great deal of fun, unfortanally though, i think alot of silly laws like strict speed limits such, have tryed to take all the fun out of it :( , so, its nice to see reminders, from time to time that the roads still are not as boring as the laws and stuff meant, ;) BTW i currently have a learners permit :)

Ranger
8th March 2009, 12:44
lol serieriolsy, automobills, are a means of trancpertation, but they are also a great deal of fun, unfortanally though, i think alot of silly laws like strict speed limits such, have tryed to take all the fun out of it :(
The road rules aren't made by the fun police. They are made to reduce the cost to the community of road injuries and fatalities.

Anywhere you go, you can ask a police officer or firefighter how much 'fun' it is cleaning up an accident scene, where a 19-year old just threw their own or several others' lives away because his/her idea of fun was blatantly irresponsible, ie. going double the speed limit.

It certainly makes you take a dim view of people who are intentionally irresponsible when driving.

so, its nice to see reminders, from time to time that the roads still are not as boring as the laws and stuff meant, ;) BTW i currently have a learners permit :)

Fortunately, you can enjoy driving without being plain stupid like that guy in the video.

Mark in Oshawa
9th March 2009, 16:21
Wade...do me a favour. Shread the learner's permit and don't drive until you grow up.

While I have a great sense of humour, and love music, the last thing anyone should be doing while driving a big rig is dancing around the cab with no hands on the wheel. Ya the truck was going straight, but if a blowout occurs or someone cuts the truck off, he isn't in a position to do anything but be splattered all over the cab when that rig hits something solid, and likely half kills someone.

Geeze...to argue the guy was having fun and no harm was done is missing the point...and hence the reason you son should be walking....

Wade91
9th March 2009, 16:50
Wade...do me a favour. Shread the learner's permit and don't drive until you grow up.

While I have a great sense of humour, and love music, the last thing anyone should be doing while driving a big rig is dancing around the cab with no hands on the wheel. Ya the truck was going straight, but if a blowout occurs or someone cuts the truck off, he isn't in a position to do anything but be splattered all over the cab when that rig hits something solid, and likely half kills someone.

Geeze...to argue the guy was having fun and no harm was done is missing the point...and hence the reason you son should be walking....
LOL i dont even have a big rig to dance in wile driving :rolleyes:

Mark in Oshawa
9th March 2009, 16:59
Wade....as I am the driver of a big rig, and I travel through your state a couple of times a month, I am glad you don't have a rig. I would be happier still if you didn't treat stuff like speed limits and the rules of the road as something that dulls down your driving experience.

You want to drive like a loon? Go get an old car and enter demo derbies....

Wade91
9th March 2009, 17:14
hey, i may enter a demo berbie, someday, becouse i think they look like fun, but i also really like cool fast cars that i think we should be abel to drive wide open on the freeway without the fear of a stupid ticket ;)

Mark in Oshawa
9th March 2009, 19:31
Wade....go to a racing school. Go fast in the middle of no where. Don't do it on the interstate.....it is clear you don't quite get it....

gadjo_dilo
10th March 2009, 11:55
The film was shot by the driver's brother and he phoned during a TV debate. He claims his brother exaggerated but didn't hurt anybody ( as if it could be an excuse ). He said that most drivers use to cut their nails, arrange hair, etc. during travels and the driving was safe cos the truck has an automatic pilot system. He also claims that his brother has a legal licence and passed the psichological tests without problems.

That's why I prefer taking the train every time I visit Romania, people back there should have an intelligence test before being granted a driving license.

PS: Last year I went by car for the first time after 9 years, and it was the most stressful journey I had in many years. You need to avoid other's stupidity at least once every 15 minutes.

Sorry but I think you've noticed the idiot was driving abroad so you're not perfectly safe anywhere. He can't do such things at home for at least 2 reasons: lack of freeways and the numberless holes in the asphalt.
But I reckon at home we have other kind of "smkr" :laugh: :

http://www.realitatea.net/video_588836_smecherii-soselelor--un-sofer-a-mers-pe-contrasens-de-la-comarnic-pana-in-campina_426956.html

Need I say that in Romania traffic keeps to the right?

Mark in Oshawa
12th March 2009, 04:39
It gets Better Gadjo. This doofus is now internationally famous. I was sitting in a Flying J truckstop eating dinner and the "O'Reilly Factor" on Fox was on ( for those unaware, in the restaurants in Flying J's you either have a tv on Fox or CNN all the time). In his "pinhead or patriot" segment at the end of the show, he played about 20 seconds of this ding dong and I just about fell out of my chair laughing recognizing him immediately. Apparently the Romanian police have figured out who he is and they are just trying to figure out what laws he broke and how fast they can take his trucking license away from him.....oh yes, he was a "pinhead" of course!!

gadjo_dilo
12th March 2009, 10:00
Apparently the Romanian police have figured out who he is and they are just trying to figure out what laws he broke and how fast they can take his trucking license away from him.....oh yes, he was a "pinhead" of course!!

I think that in this case romanian police has its hands tied because the law wasn't broken on romanian teritory.
It's funny that in our media the driver is called "Tarzan ", don't know if it's his real nickname or they called him because he acts like a monkey.

Just for fun, after Tarzan- the dancing driver now we have a "Pavarotti" driver. On his cap it's written "Legea" meaning The Law. :laugh: If you get bored my his vocals jump directly to the last 1,3 min. when the rhythm gets faster.

http://stirileprotv.ro/exclusiv/stirile-tale/dupa-tarzan-la-volan-avem-si-un-sofer-de-tir-care-se-crede-pavarotti.html

P.S. On morning news I watched a driver who was illiterate and didn't know any of the traffic signs.

Drew
13th March 2009, 00:31
http://stirileprotv.ro/exclusiv/stirile-tale/dupa-tarzan-la-volan-avem-si-un-sofer-de-tir-care-se-crede-pavarotti.html

:eek:

Now I can't understand Romanian, but I guess in campina means in the countryside? How come there was such a huge traffic jam in the countryside?!

gadjo_dilo
13th March 2009, 11:08
:eek:
Now I can't understand Romanian, but I guess in campina means in the countryside? How come there was such a huge traffic jam in the countryside?!

Campina is the name of a very nice town at about 90 km north of Bucharest. The road in the movie is DN1 and is the most important road of the country. The segment between Bucharest and Brasov is a real nightmare esp in weekends when people leave the capital for the touristic zone Prahova Valley. In the movie the road has 4 bands but wait to see what's happening when it narrows to just 2....:

http://www.trilulilu.ro/bedeabza/8e3aaa382f1b85
:laugh: :laugh:

If you had tough nerves you should come here. Despite the miserable infrastructure the landscapes are breathtaking. :laugh:

Mark in Oshawa
20th March 2009, 18:42
All of this craziness on the highways and you want me to stop and look at scenery??? yikes....