PDA

View Full Version : FGP For 2009 *Final results online*

Pages : [1] 2

N. Jones
1st March 2009, 17:33
Welcome to FGP for 2009!
I am not sure if we will have a website for easy viewing but I hope to make an announcement on that soon. Also, I have put TBA for the team name of the former Honda outfit in the chassis section. I have also put 2nd TBA driver in the drivers section as well since we do not know who that will be (it seems to be between Bruno Senna & Rubens Barrichello).

The Rules:

You are the owner of a Formula One team with a budget of £48,000,000 for the 2009 season. To complete your team, you need to pick three drivers (two official drivers and a 3rd driver), a chassis and an engine. A list of drivers, chassis and engines, with their relative prices can be found below. Two of your three drivers must come from this price list. Your third driver choice, who will cost you £1m, is any driver that does not appear on the price list. Finally you must pick a bonus GP which will score double points for your team at that race.

Your team must be unique. If you are equal with another team except bonus GP then your team is considered unique.

Points are awarded throughout the race weekend and are detailed below.

Only the first chassis and engine that crosses the line scores points for your team. Chassis scores are 1st-8th: 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1. Engine scores are 1st-5th: 10-8-6-5-4.
Drivers points are the same as the chassis scores with two extras:
The pole position is rewarded with 2 extra points for the driver who obtains it. The fastest lap is rewarded with 1 extra point.

A race disqualification loses you all points for the disqualified driver/chassis/engine for that race weekend.

In the event of two or more FGP teams scoring the same amount of points by the end of the season the winner will be decided by the number of race wins achieved by the FGP teams involved.

If the teams cannot be separated by wins then the team owner who was first to submit their FGP2009 entry wins.

The Price List

DRIVERS

Hamilton 32
Massa 29
Raikkonen 27
Kubica 25
Alonso 23
Heidfeld 20
Kovalianen 17
Vettel 14
Trulli 12
Glock 10
Webber 10
Piquet Jr 9
Rosberg 8
Nakijima 7
Bourdais 6
Buemi 5
Button 4
2nd TBA Driver 3
Sutil 2
Fisichella 2

CHASSIS

Ferrari 22
McLaren 20
BMW 17
Renault 14
Toyota 11
STR 9
Red Bull 7
Williams 6
TBA 4
Force India 3

ENGINE

Ferrari 20
Mercedes 18
BMW 16
Renault 14
Toyota 12

You have until the end of March 25th, 2009 to submit your team.
Good luck and thank you to all who enter!

N. Jones
1st March 2009, 17:39
This Time, unlike previous year's, I have my fgp team all set and ready to go. After years of looking for the right sponsors we can finally reveal our permanent team name:

POS-F1 sponsored by HP

Here is our lineup:

Timo Glock (10)
Adrian Sutil (2)
Kamui Kobayashi (1)
BMW chassis (17)
BMW engine (16)
Bonus GP - Hungary
Total Budget = 46 mil.

The extra two will be "just in case".

pettersolberg29
1st March 2009, 18:11
Go on then, I'll have a go!

Team Name: Deutschland F1

Heidfeld (20)
Sutil (2)
Klien (1)
Toyota Chassis (11)
Renault Engine (14)
Bonus GP - Montreal

=48m exactly.

N. Jones
1st March 2009, 18:25

Heidfeld (20)
Sutil (2)
Klien (1)
Toyota Chassis (11)
Renault Engine (14)
Bonus GP - Montreal

=48m exactly.

Please change your bonus GP as Canada is not on the calendar.

TEEJAY
1st March 2009, 18:39
Team: Drive it like you STOLE it!!!

Team lineup:

Sebastian Vettel = 14
Jenson Button = 4
Christian Klien = 1
Renault Chassis = 14
Renault Engine = 14

Bonus GP: Singapore

Total = 47 mil

gloomyDAY
1st March 2009, 19:07
Team name: Scuderia Guanajuato

Drivers: Vettel (14), Bourdais (6), Hülkenberg (1)

Chassis: STR (9)

Engine: Mercedes (18)

Bonus GP: Germany

pettersolberg29
1st March 2009, 19:18
Please change your bonus GP as Canada is not on the calendar.

Sorry about that - a mind block...Here's real completed list.

Heidfeld (20)
Sutil (2)
Klien (1)
Toyota Chassis (11)
Renault Engine (14)
Bonus GP - Spa,Belgium

=48m exactly.

N. Jones
1st March 2009, 20:06
Thanks! :)

jens
1st March 2009, 20:51
Team Name: Rising Sun Racing (RSR)

Driver #1: S. Vettel (14)
Driver #2: T. Glock (10)
Driver #3: R. Grosjean (1)
Chassis: Toyota (11)
Engine: Toyota (12)
Bonus GP: Bahrain GP

Total - £48M

:)

call_me_andrew
1st March 2009, 21:47
I find it both funny and sad that STR costs more than Red Bull.

Team: USF2
Driver 1: Nick Heidfeld
Driver 2: Sébastien Bourdais
Driver 3: Vitantonio Liuzzi
Engine: Renault
Chassis: Red Bull
Bonus GP: Australia

Sonic
1st March 2009, 22:01
Team - Raggin' it

Ferrari - Chassis (22)
Renault - Engine (14)
Rosberg - Driver 1 (8)
Fissi - Driver 2 (2)
Christian Klien - Driver 3 (1)
Bonus GP - Australia

Total 47 million methinks

Firstgear
1st March 2009, 22:26
Team Name - My 2 Cents

Driver 1 - Glock 10
Driver 2 - Bourdais 6
Driver 3 - De La Rosa 1
Engine - Ferrari 20
Chassis - Toyota 11
Bonus GP - Monaco

N. Jones
1st March 2009, 23:33
I find it both funny and sad that STR costs more than Red Bull.

Team: USF2
Driver 1: Nick Heidfeld
Driver 2: Sébastien Bourdais
Driver 3: Vitantonio Liuzzi
Engine: Renault

I use the standings when rating the drivers/chassis/engine. So that is why STR is higher than Red Bull.

Rollo
1st March 2009, 23:48
Team:
Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express

20 - Ferrari engines
20 - McLaren Chassis
04 - Button
02 - Sutil
02 - Fisichella

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 00:04
Team:

20 - Ferrari engines
20 - McLaren Chassis
04 - Button
02 - Sutil
02 - Fisichella

You have to use any driver not listed in the driver section as your third driver.
I also need a bonus GP from you.
Please choose again (you may keep your engine & chassis the same).

ioan
2nd March 2009, 00:12
I don't want to rain on your party but how is anyone supposed to complete a team with Hamilton as one of the drivers?! Not that I want to chose him but the game is flawed, IMO.

Example:

1st driver - L. Hamilton - 32 m
Cheapest chassis - Force India - 3 m
Cheapest Engine - Toyota - 12 m

That's a total of 47 milions out of 48 possible and no more money for 2nd and 3rd driver!

I think most of the drivers are overpriced.
A maximum price of 20 milions, for any driver, chassis or engine would be much more realistic.

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 00:27
Wow, after four years (the length of my visit here). You finally show up to the FGP! But instead of joining in you have to find fault with the way the game is played??

As Sgt. Shultz said in "Stalag 17": 'I do not understand.'

yodasarmpit
2nd March 2009, 00:32
Kovalianen 17
Button 4
B Senna 1
Red Bull 7
Renault 14

Bonus Monaco

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 00:44
Kovalianen 17
Button 4
B Senna 1
Red Bull 7
Renault 14

Bonus Monaco

Hmm... I can't accept Bruno Senna has your 3rd driver until we know for sure who the second driver for BrackleyF1/Brawnracing/former HondaF1.

Also, I need a team name from you and a bonus GP.

Other than that you are all set! :)

Rollo
2nd March 2009, 00:54
Team:

20 - Ferrari engines
20 - McLaren Chassis
04 - Button
02 - Sutil
01 - Paffett

Bonus GP - Britain

PSfan
2nd March 2009, 00:59
Was thinking that Barrichello should be valued between Rosberg and Nakijima, and Senna should be valued at 2m, but those drivers should have the asterix beside them stating that they can be used as a 1m 3rd driver if they aren't selected as the 2nd driver at the team previously known as Honda F1...

Just a thought...

And shame on you Ioan for doing so much research into using Hamilton in FGP :p

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 01:06
The reason why I put them there is because the former Honda team has worked on the new car but it has been so long between the end of last season to now that they are going to be very behind. I like your idea PSfan and I know what you are saying since Rubens has way more experience than Senna, but I think the way I did it is a little more simpler.

Also, I thought you post was for announcing your team. Are you still thinking over the details to your latest challenge? :)

Powered by Cosworth
2nd March 2009, 01:15
Team Name - Potenza di Cosworth

Mark Webber - 10m
2nd TBA Driver - I'm feeling Lucky! - 3m
Pedro De La Rosa - 1m
Ferrari Chassis - 22m
Toyota Engine -12m

Monza - Bonus GP

£48m on the dot

PSfan
2nd March 2009, 01:26
The reason why I put them there is because the former Honda team has worked on the new car but it has been so long between the end of last season to now that they are going to be very behind. I like your idea PSfan and I know what you are saying since Rubens has way more experience than Senna, but I think the way I did it is a little more simpler.

Also, I thought you post was for announcing your team. Are you still thinking over the details to your latest challenge? :)

Was just thinking since Rubens scored alot better last year then Button, and the value of the drivers are based on how they finished the previous years...

I'm still debating between 2 directions I could take my FGP team, and which song to name it after (Every FGP team of mine has been named after a song...) But should have something soon.... :)

meph
2nd March 2009, 02:17
team: mephrace

BMW chassis (17)
BMW engine (16)
Glock (10)
Button(4)
Hulkenberg(1)
Bonus GP = Spa (Belgian Grand Prix)

total 48 mil £

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 02:34
Was just thinking since Rubens scored alot better last year then Button, and the value of the drivers are based on how they finished the previous years...

I'm still debating between 2 directions I could take my FGP team, and which song to name it after (Every FGP team of mine has been named after a song...) But should have something soon.... :)

Yeah he was and I thought about that when putting the pricing together. The only problem is the uncertainty of who will take the seat and if the TBA team is going to compete for points.

Tazio
2nd March 2009, 04:04
Team--“Hard Rock Returns to Prison from the Hospital for the Criminally Insane"

Ferrari Power-plant 20
Toyota Chassis 11
Glock Driver 10
Bordais Driver 6
Klien Driver 1
Bonus Gp Austrailia

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 04:18
Good Lord! Can your name be any longer??? :laugh:

Tazio
2nd March 2009, 04:24
Good Lord! Can your name be any longer??? :laugh: Why yes I could have included "by Etheridge Knight" :)

davidalbert
2nd March 2009, 06:11
Team :- Redwings

14- Vettel
10- Webber
01 -Grosjean
14- Renault engines
07- Redbull chassis
Bonus GP Australia
Total 46 million

PSfan
2nd March 2009, 07:13
Team Name: Blue Skies
Engine: Ferrari - 20
Chassis: Red Bull - 7
Driver 1: S. Vettal - 14
Driver 2: S. Bourdais - 6
Reserve: J. Villeneuve - 1

Bonus Gp: Hungary

K-Pu
2nd March 2009, 08:58
Team Name: Tierra de Pinares

Driver 1: Alonso (23)
Driver 2: Button (4)
Driver 3: De la Rosa (1)
Chassis: Williams (6)
Engine: Renault (14)

Bonus GP: Monaco

Total: 48M

ioan
2nd March 2009, 09:19
Wow, after four years (the length of my visit here). You finally show up to the FGP! But instead of joining in you have to find fault with the way the game is played??

As Sgt. Shultz said in "Stalag 17": 'I do not understand.'

Well, I was expecting an answer as to why you included drivers that can not be used in combination with any chassis + engine + 2nd and 3rd drivers. Instead I get an arrogant bumbling with quotes from Stalag 17.

And shame on you Ioan for doing so much research into using Hamilton in FGP :p

Research?
It was obvious at the very first glance.

yodasarmpit
2nd March 2009, 11:17
Hmm... I can't accept Bruno Senna has your 3rd driver until we know for sure who the second driver for BrackleyF1/Brawnracing/former HondaF1.

Also, I need a team name from you and a bonus GP.

Other than that you are all set! :)
It was worth a try :)

Team Name: BMD Racing.

Driver 1:Kovalianen 17
Driver 2:Button 4
Driver 3:Paul DiResta 1

Chassis:Red Bull 7
Engine: Renault 14

Knock-on
2nd March 2009, 11:35
Alonso - 23
Button - 4
xxx - 3
Williams - 6
Toyota - 12

Bonus - UK

Team - Team Knock-on
(what else ;) )

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 14:48
Alonso - 23
Button - 4
xxx - 3
Williams - 6
Toyota - 12

Bonus - UK

Team - Team Knock-on
(what else ;) )

That looks nice Knocky but, who is you 1mil third driver?

pino
2nd March 2009, 18:33
Team: Scuderia Azzurra

Driver 1: Jarno Trulli 12
Driver 2: Giancarlo Fisichella 2
Driver 3: Vitantonio Liuzzi 1
Engine: Ferrari 20
Chassis: Toyota 11

pino
2nd March 2009, 18:35
btw thanks for your great work N.Jones :up:

truefan72
2nd March 2009, 18:37
Team TrueSpeed F1

Driver 1: Kovaleinen - 17
Driver 2: Bourdais - 6
Driver 3. Liuzzi - 1
Chassis: Williams - 6
Engine: Mercedes: 18

Bonus GP: Spa-Francorchamps

total $48 M

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 18:46
Thanks to the moderator for making this thread a sticky!

truefan72
2nd March 2009, 18:46
Well, I was expecting an answer as to why you included drivers that can not be used in combination with any chassis + engine + 2nd and 3rd drivers. Instead I get an arrogant bumbling with quotes from Stalag 17.

Ioan you are a true buzz kill.

You find fault with the game, which is pretty straightforward and has been well liked for the past few years, and then you proceed to insult the host when he doesn't answer your question to your liking?

You can "expect" an answer all you want, but such an attitude does nothing to make one forthcoming. You have a valid point though, but the follow up makes one less than willing to deal with the issue.

It's a game. I suggest relaxing a bit, and understanding that we are all here for a bit of fun. N.Jones has put a lot of time and effort into this FGP with little reward other than our gratitude, and when that is lacking, it sure seems less fun doesn't it?

Cheer up mate and just enjoy the game :|

truefan72
2nd March 2009, 19:07
now to the problem on hand;
N.Jones, despite ioan's comments, he does have a valid point though and you probably should address the situation.
Massa' price and using a the cheapest 2nd and 3rd driver along with chassis and engine maxes out at $47M, making it impossible tu use Hamilton in any combination. I would suggest revising the top drivers down a bit in order to allow a bit more flexibility and options for people, as well as those, like Ioan, who desperately want to use LH as their driver (kidding ioan). But even if you do choose Massa, it would be pointless since you would only be guaranteeing yourself a maximum of 8 point every race. Instead, peopel would be better off choosing the engine and/or chassis and still get the same result, while allowing themselves more options in the drivers. As it is currently configured, there is absolutely no incentive to choose any one of the top 4 drivers, which seems a bit odd in my book. tough on the fans of LH, Massa. Kimi and Kubica, who know, choosing their driver, simply means loosing out every weekend.

A while back, there was also a suggestion of making a different price for the STR- Ferrari, Force India- Mercedes, Williams-Toyota, and RBR- Renault engines, for more flexibility. Could this be considered?

Let me know if you want help on this and we can go from there.

cheers

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 19:37
I thought about increasing the budget to 50 million, but that would impact everyone and I wanted to avoid forcing twenty people to resend their team. The question is how do I make a change with out peeving people off?

Do I lower Hamilton, Massa, and Raikkonen and hope the teams already posted will not....wait a minute, if I change their prices everyone is open to change their team until the 25 March deadline.

I will look into that. I quickly discounted ioan's statement because it came across as negative to me and I am not dealing with that in a fantasy setting.
Did I misjudge your post, ioan?

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 19:54
After looking over the pricing list I see that I did indeed make a mistake than ioan uncovered. The current list does not allow anyone to choose Hamilton and it severely limits the choices for anyone choosing Massa through Kubica. Therefore I have a new pricing list for drivers:

DRIVERS

Hamilton 27
Massa 26
Raikkonen 25
Kubica 24
Alonso 23
Heidfeld 20
Kovalianen 17
Vettel 14
Trulli 12
Glock 10
Webber 10
Piquet Jr 9
Rosberg 8
Nakijima 7
Bourdais 6
Buemi 5
Button 4
2nd TBA Driver 3
Sutil 2
Fisichella 2

This way all drivers can be had although as usual, the better the driver you choose the smaller the budget you have when filling out the rest of your squad.

If there is a way to edit my original post and add the above I would.
ALSO - You may edit you team as much as you like up to the 25 March deadline. It is an unwritten rule that I have used since taking over FGP.

Thanks to everyone who has entered and I hope this will encourage more to join up!

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 20:02
now to the problem on hand;
N.Jones, despite ioan's comments, he does have a valid point though and you probably should address the situation.
Massa' price and using a the cheapest 2nd and 3rd driver along with chassis and engine maxes out at $47M, making it impossible tu use Hamilton in any combination. I would suggest revising the top drivers down a bit in order to allow a bit more flexibility and options for people, as well as those, like Ioan, who desperately want to use LH as their driver (kidding ioan). But even if you do choose Massa, it would be pointless since you would only be guaranteeing yourself a maximum of 8 point every race. Instead, peopel would be better off choosing the engine and/or chassis and still get the same result, while allowing themselves more options in the drivers. As it is currently configured, there is absolutely no incentive to choose any one of the top 4 drivers, which seems a bit odd in my book. tough on the fans of LH, Massa. Kimi and Kubica, who know, choosing their driver, simply means loosing out every weekend.

A while back, there was also a suggestion of making a different price for the STR- Ferrari, Force India- Mercedes, Williams-Toyota, and RBR- Renault engines, for more flexibility. Could this be considered?

Let me know if you want help on this and we can go from there.

cheers

The point of rating the best teams high is to discourage "super" teams. Wouldn't everyone choose some type of McLaren/Ferrari combo with their favorite driver or chassis/engine/favorite GP if that was possible? The point of fantasy is to get a chance to setup a team and see if you can do better than the people that get paid to do this stuff! :) It is the same with any fantasy sport - to see if the "arm-chair quarterbacks/coaches/managers" can really do better than the people who get paid to do it.

Sonic
2nd March 2009, 20:49
Phew.....my teams unchanged!

N. Jones
2nd March 2009, 20:58
Yep. I changed the top four drivers as that would impact everyone the least.

Shifter
2nd March 2009, 21:07
oooh, a rule change to exploit...

TEAM: Blue Ridge Engineering

Driver 1: Raikkonen (25)
Driver 2: Sutil (2)
Driver 3: Hulkenberg (1)
Chassis: Red Bull (7)
Bonus GP: European GP at Valencia.

47m

ioan
2nd March 2009, 22:56
Ioan you are a true buzz kill.

You find fault with the game, which is pretty straightforward and has been well liked for the past few years, and then you proceed to insult the host when he doesn't answer your question to your liking?

You can "expect" an answer all you want, but such an attitude does nothing to make one forthcoming. You have a valid point though, but the follow up makes one less than willing to deal with the issue.

It's a game. I suggest relaxing a bit, and understanding that we are all here for a bit of fun. N.Jones has put a lot of time and effort into this FGP with little reward other than our gratitude, and when that is lacking, it sure seems less fun doesn't it?

Cheer up mate and just enjoy the game :|

I didn't insult anyone, I merely pointed out a fault and asked if there is a reason to it.

Have fun with the game. :)

Rica
3rd March 2009, 01:51
Team Name: 64 Rox

Driver: Alonso 23
Driver: Fisichella 2
Driver: M Schumacher 1
Chassis: Force India 3
Engine: Mercedes 18
Bonus Monaco

truefan72
3rd March 2009, 06:43
I didn't insult anyone, I merely pointed out a fault and asked if there is a reason to it.

Have fun with the game. :)

ioan, relax and participate. Sometimes you come off too strong with the comments and calling N.Jones arrogant and in context was a little boorish. But lets have fun here and please do supply a team. should be fun :)

leopard
3rd March 2009, 07:25
Chassis: Renault 14
Driver 1: Timo Glock 10
Driver 2: Sebastien Buemi 5
Driver 3: Pedro de la Rosa 1
Bonus GP: Abu Dhabi

Total 48

Team name: Nissanity Defenses Automovilismo (NDA)

Alex Rider
4th March 2009, 02:26
Team: Viper

Driver 1 Trulli (12)
Driver 2 Glock (10)
Driver 3 Coultard (1)
Chassis Red Bull (7)
Engine Mercedes (18)
Bonus GP Britain

Prancing Horse
4th March 2009, 02:31
Team: Prancing Horse

Driver #1 - Vettel 14
Driver #2 - Glock 10
Driver #3 - Badoer 1
Chassis - Force India 3
Engine - Ferrari 20
Bonus GP - Germany

Breeze
4th March 2009, 18:52
UpOn3

Engine: Toyota

Breeze
4th March 2009, 19:01
UpOn3

Chassis: Red Bull $7m
Engine: Toyota $12m
Driver1: Heidfeld $20m
Driver2: Rosberg $8m
Driver3: Hulkenberg $1m
Bonus GP: GP Belgium @ Spa-Franc.

yeah team

93VTEC
4th March 2009, 19:24
Vettel 14
Sutil 2
Klien 1
Renault 14 - Chassis
BMW 16 - Engine
Bonus GP - Brazil

Nikki Katz
4th March 2009, 22:07
If I have Ide as my test driver can I have him for free?

Failing that:

Team: Toyota
Chassis - Toyota $11m
Engine - Toyota $12m
Driver 1 - Trulli $12m
Driver 2 - Glock $10m
Reserve - Kobayashi $1m
Bonus GP - Japan (the one time I actually wanted Fuji to be on the calender!)

AJP
4th March 2009, 23:17
Team : INTO THE RED

Chassis : Ferrari 22 mill
Engine: McLaren Mercedes 18 mill
Driver: Buemi 5 mill
Driver: Fisichella 2 mill
Driver: Badoer 1 mill

Total Budget 48 mill

N. Jones
5th March 2009, 02:32
Vettel 14
Sutil 2
Klien 1
Renault 14 - Chassis
BMW 16 - Engine
Bonus GP - Brazil

How about a team name, buddy?

N. Jones
5th March 2009, 02:33
If I have Ide as my test driver can I have him for free?

Failing that:

Team: Toyota
Chassis - Toyota $11m
Engine - Toyota $12m
Driver 1 - Trulli $12m
Driver 2 - Glock $10m
Reserve - Kobayashi $1m
Bonus GP - Japan (the one time I actually wanted Fuji to be on the calender!)
:rotflmao:

LolaLita
5th March 2009, 03:00
Team Lola

Driver 1 - Trulli 12
Driver 2 - Rosberg 6
Driver 3 - Klien 1
Chassis - Toyota 11
Engine - Mercedes 18
Bonus GP - Italy

Sonic
5th March 2009, 09:58
Team Lola

Driver 1 - Trulli 12
Driver 2 - Rosberg 6
Driver 3 - Klien 1
Chassis - Toyota 11
Engine - Mercedes 18
Bonus GP - Italy

credit crunch I know but cough up an extra 2 million for Nico :D :p :

Robinho
5th March 2009, 13:12
Team Spanner

Driver 1 - Webber £10m
Driver 2 - Glock £10M
Driver 3 - Hulkenberg £1m
Chassis - Red Bull £7m
Engine - Ferrari £20m

Bonus GP - Austalia

Total £48m

N. Jones
5th March 2009, 14:15
Team Lola

Driver 1 - Trulli 12
Driver 2 - Rosberg 6
Driver 3 - Klien 1
Chassis - Toyota 11
Engine - Mercedes 18
Bonus GP - Italy

You will need to change your team as Rosberg is rated an 8, not a six. This gives you a total budget of 50 million, two over the limit.

N. Jones
5th March 2009, 14:17
As a reminder:

New pricing list for drivers:

DRIVERS

Hamilton 27
Massa 26
Raikkonen 25
Kubica 24
Alonso 23
Heidfeld 20
Kovalianen 17
Vettel 14
Trulli 12
Glock 10
Webber 10
Piquet Jr 9
Rosberg 8
Nakijima 7
Bourdais 6
Buemi 5
Button 4
2nd TBA Driver 3
Sutil 2
Fisichella 2

ALSO - You may edit you team as much as you like up to the 25 March deadline.

LolaLita
5th March 2009, 21:02
Ok once more times

Rosberg, you're FIRED :D

Team Lola

Driver 1 - Trulli 12
Driver 2 - Bourdais 6
Driver 3 - Klien 1
Chassis - Toyota 11
Engine - Mercedes 18
Bonus GP - Italy

N. Jones
5th March 2009, 21:47
:laugh:

Cool, thanks for the update.

N. Jones
6th March 2009, 02:20
As a reminder:

New pricing list for drivers:

DRIVERS

Hamilton 27
Massa 26
Raikkonen 25
Kubica 24
Alonso 23
Heidfeld 20
Kovalianen 17
Vettel 14
Trulli 12
Glock 10
Webber 10
Piquet Jr 9
Rosberg 8
Nakijima 7
Bourdais 6
Buemi 5
Button 4
Barrichello 3
Sutil 2
Fisichella 2

CHASSIS (NO price change, just reflecting new name of former Honda team)
Ferrari 22
McLaren 20
BMW 17
Renault 14
Toyota 11
STR 9
Red Bull 7
Williams 6
Brawn GP 4
Force India 3
ALSO - You may edit you team as much as you like up to the 25 March deadline.

It's official - Rubens Barrichello is the 2nd driver for Brawn GP, which is the new name of the former Honda squad.

Tazio
6th March 2009, 04:16
Team-Hardrock Returns to Prison From the Hospital for the Criminally Insane

Ferrari power-plant 20
Brawn Chasis 4
Kovalianen 17
Bourdais 6
Hulkenburg 1

N. Jones
6th March 2009, 11:12
It looks like we will not have a website this season as andreag has not gotten back to me.

So we will go the low budget way during these sour times and post everything here in the forum.

Extremerevs
6th March 2009, 13:42
Team name: Rooster
Chassis: Mclaren 20
Driver: Buemi 5
Driver: Sutil 2
Driver: De la Rosa 1
Bonus GP: Japan
Total: 48

N. Jones
6th March 2009, 15:26
Something I may have forgotten to add in the rules but will make sure to add next season:

3rd drivers - they only score points for your team if one of your other two drivers does not race a grand prix. Take my team for example. My race drivers are Glock & Sutil and my 3rd driver is Kobayashi. If my 3rd driver replaced Trulli for the Belgium GP and finished 8th I would not receive his points because I still have Glock & Sutil racing in the Belgium GP. Kobayashi would ONLY score points for me in the above example if Sutil was also out of the Belgium GP. Kobayashi would also score points for me if he replaced Glock in a GP and finished in the points.

xaerts
6th March 2009, 15:39
team : racession

driver 1 : Alonso (23)
driver 2 : Button (4)
driver 3 : Coulthart (1)

engine : Force India (3)

chassis : BMW (16)

total : 47 mil

bonus GP : Abu Dhabi, UAE

N. Jones
6th March 2009, 15:44
It's actually Force India chassis and BMW engine, but you are not over the budget so no worries. :)

Shifter
6th March 2009, 16:51
Something I may have forgotten to add in the rules but will make sure to add next season:

3rd drivers - they only score points for your team if one of your other two drivers does not race a grand prix. Take my team for example. My race drivers are Glock & Sutil and my 3rd driver is Kobayashi. If my 3rd driver replaced Trulli for the Belgium GP and finished 8th I would not receive his points because I still have Glock & Sutil racing in the Belgium GP. Kobayashi would ONLY score points for me in the above example if Sutil was also out of the Belgium GP. Kobayashi would also score points for me if he replaced Glock in a GP and finished in the points.

Though you say you forgot to mention it in the rules does it still apply this year? I'd be in favor of a system where if all three drivers race the highest two finishers are the ones that score, or something to that extent.

Thanks again for running this!

N. Jones
6th March 2009, 19:44
Yes. Actually it has been a rule since the days when ArrowsF1 ran the FGP.

Somebody
6th March 2009, 19:54
Team name: Blink F1

Driver 1: Nico Rosberg (8)
Driver 2: Rubens Barrichello (3)
Driver 3: Pedro de la Rosa (1)
Chassis: BMW (17)
TOTAL: £47m

Bonus GP: Australian Grand Prix

Tazio
6th March 2009, 21:07
Team-Hardrock Returns to Prison From the Hospital for the Criminally Insane

Ferrari power-plant 20
Brawn Chasis 4
Kovalianen 17
Bourdais 6
Hulkenburg 1
Bonus race Silverstone Kings!!!

Firstgear
8th March 2009, 02:38
Yes. Actually it has been a rule since the days when ArrowsF1 ran the FGP.
I thought that maybe you left that out intentionally.

But since it still applies, please change my 3rd driver from De la Rosa to Kobayashi

N. Jones
8th March 2009, 02:44
Done.

jas123f1
8th March 2009, 23:28
Team Jas123 F1

Engine Mercedes 18
Driv 1 Kovalainen 17
Driv 2 Rosberg 8
Driv 3 Hulkenberg 1
Chassis Brown GP 4
Bonus GP SPA

jso1985
9th March 2009, 00:03
Team: Snakes on Bernie Ecclestone's Plane

Driver 1: Jarno Trulli 12m
Driver 2: Rubens Barrichello 3m
Driver 3: Lucas di Grassi 1m
Chassis: Renault 14m
Engine: BMW 16m

Total: 46m

jso1985
10th March 2009, 01:42
forgot...

Bonus GP: Spain

Bolton Midnight
10th March 2009, 22:05
Vettel 14
Button 4
Renault 14
Toyota 12

Bonus: British GP

3rd: Senna

93VTEC
12th March 2009, 18:12
How about a team name, buddy?

My bad. Team Brawn

N. Jones
12th March 2009, 18:31
Thank You. Now I just need a team name from Bolton Midnight...

Tazio
12th March 2009, 20:56
Team Hard Rock Returns to Prison From the Hospital for the Criminally Insane

Ferrari Power-Plant
Brawn Chasis
Rubins
Heidfield
Hulkenburg

Bonus Australia

Bingo :p :

Shifter
12th March 2009, 23:55
I want in on some of this Brawn GP hype! Out goes Sutil in order to hire Barrichello.

Team: Blue Ridge Engineering
Raikkonen 25
Barrichello 3
Hulkenberg 1
Red Bull 7
Toyota 12
Bonus GP: European GP at Valencia.

48m

Bolton Midnight
13th March 2009, 02:32
Thank You. Now I just need a team name from Bolton Midnight...

Can I go with 'Bolton Midnight' ?

N. Jones
13th March 2009, 13:18
Yes you can.

COD
13th March 2009, 13:29
Force Finland

Ferrari Chassis 22
Renault Engine 14
Driver 1 Rosberg 8
Driver 2 Barrichello 3
Driver 3 Kobayashi 1
Total 48

Bonus GP Belgium SPA

Knock-on
13th March 2009, 14:33
Is there a list up yet. I went back over the thread but couldn't find it.

Wasted Talent
13th March 2009, 15:19
Force Yorkshire

Button - 4
Barrichello - 3
Anthony Davison - 1
Brawn - 4
Mercedes - 18

Bonus GP: Brazil

Total: 30

N. Jones
13th March 2009, 16:29
Is there a list up yet. I went back over the thread but couldn't find it.

No. I have been unable to contact andreag so for the moment we do not have a website. I can say that I have been contacted by someone else on this forum but I do not have anything concrete.

shaun8
14th March 2009, 13:44
Team Name: West Racing

Chassis: Brawn GP 4
Driver 1: Heidfeld 20
Driver 2: Button 4
Driver 3: Hartley 1

Breeze
14th March 2009, 14:13
UpOn3

Chassis: Red Bull $7m
Engine: Toyota $12m
Driver1: Heidfeld $20m
Driver2: Rosberg $8m
Driver3: Hulkenberg $1m
Bonus GP: GP Belgium @ Spa-Franc.

yeah team

Changes to team

New Name: Red Mist

Chassis: Brawn 4M
Engine: Toyota 12M
Driver 1: Heidfeld 20M
Driver 2: Webber 10M
Driver 3: Coulthard 1M
Bonus GP: Belgium

ClarkFan
14th March 2009, 18:38
Team ACBC

Chassis: Ferrari (22)
Drivers:
Button (4)
TBA/Rubens (3)
Bruno Senna (1)
Bonus GP: Spa

N. Jones
14th March 2009, 19:46
For those of you who have made changes I have recorded them.

Anyone wondering if there will be a website I am still working on that.

My next post will list all of the teams, so far we have 40 and counting.
With a week and a half to go there is still time to sign up. THANK YOU to all who have done so. I always worry that no one will join FGP and when people do that makes me happy. :)

N. Jones
14th March 2009, 19:54
Current teams in FGP, in groups of ten, listed in the order entered.

POS-F1 sponsored by HP N. Jones Glock Sutil Kobayashi BMW BMW Hungary

Deutschland F1 pettersolberg29 Heidfeld Sutil Klien Toyota Renault Belgium

Drive it like you STOLE it!!! TEEJAY Vettel Button Klien Renault Renault Singapore

Scuderia Guanajuato gloomyDAY Vettel Bourdais Hulkenberg Red Bull Ferrari Germany

Rising Sun Racing jens Vettel Glock Grosjean Toyota Toyota Bahrain

USF2 call_me_andrew Heidfeld Bourdais Liuzzi Red Bull Renault Australia

Raggin' it Sonic Rosberg Fisichella Klien Ferrari Renault Australia

My 2 Cents Firstgear Glock Bourdais Kobayashi Toyota Ferrari Monaco

Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express Rollo Button Sutil Paffet McLaren Ferrari Britain

Potenza di Cosworth Powered by Cosworth Webber Barrichello de la Rosa Ferrari Toyota Italy

N. Jones
14th March 2009, 19:56
mephrace meph Glock Button Hulkenberg BMW BMW Belgium

Hard Rock Returns to Prison from the Hospital for the Criminally Insane Tazio Heidfeld Barrichello Hulkenberg Brawn GP Ferrari Australia

Redwings davidalbert Vettel Webber Grosjean Red Bull Renault Australia

Blue Skies PSFan Vettel Bourdais Villenevue Red Bull Ferrari Hungary
Tierra de Pinares K-Pu Alonso Button de la Rosa Williams Renault Monaco

BMD Racing yodasarmpit Kovalainen Button DiRista Red Bull Renault Monaco

Scuderia Azzurra pino Trulli Fisichella Liuzzi Toyota Ferrari Monaco

TrueSpeed F1 TrueFan72 Kovalainen Bourdais Liuzzi Williams Mercedes Belgium

Blue Ridge Engineering Shifter Raikkonen Barrichello Hulkenberg Red Bull Toyota European

64 Rox Rica Alonso Fisichella Schumacher Force India Mercedes Monaco

gloomyDAY
14th March 2009, 20:01
Team name: Scuderia Guanajuato

Drivers: Vettel (14), Bourdais (6), Hülkenberg (1)

Chassis: STR (9)

Bonus GP: Germany I want to make a few edits:

Engine: Ferrari (20)

N. Jones
14th March 2009, 20:02
Nissanity Defenses Automovilismo (NDA) leopardsleeping Glock Buemi de la Rosa Renault Mercedes Abu Dhabi

Viper Alex Rider Trulli Glock Coultard Red Bull Mercedes Britain

Prancing Horse Prancing Horse Vettel Glock Badoer Force India Ferrari Germany

Red Mist Breeze Heidfeld Webber Coultard Brawn GP Toyota Belgium

Team Brawn 93VTEC Vettel Sutil Klien Renault BMW Brazil

Toyota Nikki Katz Trulli Glock Kobayashi Toyota Toyota Japan

INTO THE RED AJP Buemi Fisichella Badoer Ferrari Mercedes Australia

Team Spanner Robinho Webber Glock Hulkenberg Red Bull Ferrari Australia

Team Lola LolaLita Trulli Bourdais Klien Toyota Mercedes Italy

Team Knock-on Knock-on Alonso Button Sato Williams Toyota Britain

N. Jones
14th March 2009, 20:04
Rooster Extremerevs Buemi Sutil de la Rosa McLaren Ferrari Japan

racession xaerts Alonso Button Coultard Force India BMW Abu Dhabi

Blink F1 Somebody Rosberg Barrichello de la Rosa BMW Mercedes Australia

Jas123 F1 Jas123F1 Kovalainen Rosberg Hulkenberg Brawn GP Mercedes Belgium

Snakes on Bernie Ecclestone's Plane jso1985 Trulli Barrichello di Grassi Renault BMW Spain

Bolton Midnight Bolton Midnight Vettel Button Senna Renault Toyota Britain

Force Finland COD Rosberg Barrichello Kobayashi Ferrari Renault Belgium

Force Yorkshire Wasted Talent Button Barrichello Davison Brawn GP Mercedes Brazil

West Racing shaun8 Heidfeld Button Hartley Brawn GP Mercedes Australia

Team ACBC ClarkFan Button Barrichello Senna Ferrari Mercedes Belgium

N. Jones
14th March 2009, 20:04
I want to make a few edits:

Engine: Ferrari (20)

I have already made this change, so you are all set. :)

Shifter
14th March 2009, 20:11
Sweet! Thanks N!

pettersolberg29
14th March 2009, 21:02

Heidfeld (20)
Sutil (2)
Klien (1)
Toyota Chassis (11)
Renault Engine (14)
Bonus GP - Montreal

=48m exactly.

Sorry to be awkward but I have a couple of changes:

Heidfeld (20)
Button (4)
Klien (1)
Toyota Chassis (11)
Toyota Engine (12)
Bonus GP - Montreal

=48m

N. Jones
14th March 2009, 21:15
Sorry to be awkward but I have a couple of changes:

Heidfeld (20)
Button (4)
Klien (1)
Toyota Chassis (11)
Toyota Engine (12)
Bonus GP - Montreal

=48m

There is no race in Canada this year. :(

pettersolberg29
14th March 2009, 21:18
There is no race in Canada this year. :(

Sorry - I copy and pasted this mistake from my first post so I hope you don't think I'm an idiot...twice!

I meant to pick Spa. Cheers.

N. Jones
14th March 2009, 22:30
ok. Belgium it is.

Thanks.

Tazio
15th March 2009, 05:15
This is my first attempt at any fantasy sports contest.
I'm hoping for a respectable midfield finnish!
Then after I get some more electro-shock treatment at "The Hospital"
I will hope to be fully recharged for a run at the podium in 2010!
Good luck dogs!!
:crazy:

scaliwag
15th March 2009, 11:19
Driver (1) Button (4)
Driver (2) Barichello (3)
Driver (3) Klien (1)
Chasiss Brawn (4)
Engine Mercedes (18)
Total (30)
Bonus British GP

N. Jones
15th March 2009, 16:13
Driver (1) Button (4)
Driver (3) Klien (1)
Chasiss Brawn (4)
Engine Mercedes (18)
Total (30)
Bonus British GP
I need a team name, my friend!

UltimateDanGTR
15th March 2009, 18:47
Right then, my first entry into FGP in my first year here:

Team Name: Ipswichian-DiamondEagle Grand Prix F1 Team (sponsored by Woolworths!)

Chassis: Ferrari-22
Engine: BMW-16
1st Driver: Jensen Button-4
2nd Driver-Rubens Barrichello-3
3rd Driver-Bruno Senna-1
Bonus GP: Malaysia

Equals £46 mil. spent. The other two are for a new team base in Suffolk.

As my first fantasy sport game, I hope to avoid being last!

N. Jones
16th March 2009, 00:18
Welcome aboard! I LOVE the team name! :laugh:

scaliwag
16th March 2009, 05:13
Name is. Warum nicht

Originally Posted by scaliwag View Post
Driver (1) Button (4)
Driver (3) Klien (1)
Chasiss Brawn (4)
Engine Mercedes (18)
Total (30)
Bonus British GP

Thanks Mr Jones.

harsha
16th March 2009, 07:09
team eXtreme F1

DRIVERS

Vettel 14
Sutil 2
Klien 1

CHASSIS

Renault 14

ENGINE

BMW 16

Bonus GP - Australian GP

1 point remains : total 47 m

pino
16th March 2009, 07:19
Team: Scuderia Azzurra

Driver 1: Jarno Trulli 12
Driver 2: Jenson Button 4
Driver 3: Vitantonio Liuzzi 1
Chassis: Toyota 11

Total 48 M.

Is that ok Mr Jones ? :D

N. Jones
16th March 2009, 23:58
Works for me! :)

jso1985
18th March 2009, 02:48
are we gonna keep the old points system or are we gonna used the f...ing stupid new system here?

Shifter
18th March 2009, 04:46
I vote to keep it old school. The FGP might be the most legit F1 we get this year!

N. Jones
18th March 2009, 13:06
There will be no changes made to FGP.

gm99
18th March 2009, 15:51
Ok, here goes:

Name: Team Lotus
Driver #1: Kimi Räikkönen (27)
Driver #2: Jenson Button (4)
Driver #3: Christian Klien (1)
Chassis: Brawn (4)

Bonus GP: Melbourne

Robinho
18th March 2009, 16:27
i'd like to make some changes given the recent testing times!

Team Spanner

Driver 1 - Button £4m
Driver 2 - Barrichello £3M
Driver 3 - Hulkenberg £1m
Chassis - Ferrari £22m
Engine - Mercedes £18m

Bonus GP - Austalia

Total £48m

Thanks

aryan
18th March 2009, 17:11
Team Name: Mt. Damavand F1 Racing

Engine: Ferrari, 20
Chassis: BMW, 17
Driver 1: Button, 4
Driver 2: Barichello, 3
Driver 3: Romain Gorsjean, 1

Total: 45
Bonus Track: Abu Dhabi

LO1D25
20th March 2009, 10:45
Team name: Woody Sounding GP

Driver 1: Heidfeld (20)
Driver 2: Button (4)
Driver 3: de la Rosa (1)

Total: 47

Bonus Track: Germany

Priorat
20th March 2009, 18:04
Team name: Baix Camp
Driver 1 - Button £4m
Driver 3 - Grosjean £1m
Chassis - Ferrari £22m
Engine - Mercedes £18m

Bonus GP - Turkey

Total £48m

Haven't read all the posts so I don't know if it's repeated.
Thanks for running this.

N. Jones
20th March 2009, 19:03
No worries. Most of the posts are people entering their teams. We should have a website soon that will make viewing teams and eventually results a little easier.

N. Jones
20th March 2009, 19:04
Team name: Baix Camp
Driver 1 - Button £4m
Driver 3 - Grosjean £1m
Chassis - Ferrari £22m
Engine - Mercedes £18m

Bonus GP - Turkey

Total £48m

Haven't read all the posts so I don't know if it's repeated.
Thanks for running this.

Nope you are fine because your the first one to choose Turkey as your bonus GP. :)

courageous
21st March 2009, 10:34
Team Name Racing For Sealand

Driver 1 Raikonnen £25m
Driver 2 Fisichella £2m
Driver 3 Liuzzi £1m

Chassis Brawn GP £4m
Engine Renault £14m

Bonus GPAustralia

£2m left over to be donated to the Jade Goody benevolent fund

N. Jones
22nd March 2009, 02:22
Two more teams and we have 50. Everyone has four days left to join in the fun!

:)

johnny shell
23rd March 2009, 20:41
Kentucky Fried Racing

Chasis - Ferrari (22)
Engine - Ferrari (20)
Driver 1 - TBD 2nd Driver (3)
Driver 2 - Fisichella (2)
Driver 3 - Paffett (1)

Bonus - Australia

N. Jones
24th March 2009, 01:19
Kentucky Fried Racing

Chasis - Ferrari (22)
Engine - Ferrari (20)
Driver 1 - TBD 2nd Driver (3)
Driver 2 - Fisichella (2)
Driver 3 - Paffett (1)

Bonus - Australia

Your 1st driver is Barrichello.

52Paddy
24th March 2009, 08:43
Team Name: GráDonSpórt

Driver 1: Alonso (23)
Driver 2: Bourdais (6)
Driver 3: Adam Caroll (1)
Chassis: Williams (6)
Bonus GP: Monza

Total: €48m

Thor
24th March 2009, 09:45
Team: Thor Racing

Team lineup:

Sebastian Vettel = 14
Nico Rosberg= 8
Christian Klien = 1
Red Bull Chassis = 7
Mercedes Engine = 18
Bonus GP: Nürburgring
Total = €48m

johnny shell
24th March 2009, 11:50
Your 1st driver is Barrichello.

Si Senor. That's what I was hoping, but I couldn't believe that I could get him for 3,000.

I was hoping that if I didn't put his name down I might have a better chance of slipping my steal past you.

N. Jones
24th March 2009, 13:01
Nope, you got him. I don't put any stock in testing times so I put the Brawn GP guys low on the list (well, Button was already down there due to my rating system).

stevie_gerrard
24th March 2009, 13:57
Ok, Here is my team.

Stevie Gerrard Racing

Jenson Button (4m)
Timo Glock (10m)
Vitantolio Liuzzi (1m)
BMW chassis (17m)
Renault engine (14m)
Bonus GP: Britain

Total = 46m

£2 million left for extras and the party after Buttons win in Monaco ;)

I'll be hoping for better luck than last year after finishing close to the bottom of the pile.

N. Jones
24th March 2009, 20:26
Ah, stevie! welcome back! Nice to see some of the "FGP veterans" returning.

Just try not to beat up Villa again, okay? :) :)

N. Jones
25th March 2009, 09:24
Today is the last day for entering a team, so if you are thinking about putting on in you have less than 24 hrs to do so! :) The very first post has the rules but this post has the updated drivers list.

The Price List

DRIVERS

Hamilton 27
Massa 26
Raikkonen 25
Kubica 24
Alonso 23
Heidfeld 20
Kovalianen 17
Vettel 14
Trulli 12
Glock 10
Webber 10
Piquet Jr 9
Rosberg 8
Nakijima 7
Bourdais 6
Buemi 5
Button 4
Barrichello 3
Sutil 2
Fisichella 2

CHASSIS

Ferrari 22
McLaren 20
BMW 17
Renault 14
Toyota 11
STR 9
Red Bull 7
Williams 6
TBA 4
Force India 3

ENGINE

Ferrari 20
Mercedes 18
BMW 16
Renault 14
Toyota 12

jens
25th March 2009, 10:44
I have decided to make some changes to my line-up, especially as I'm afraid Vettel isn't quite going to help me out in the fight for top results. So...

Team Name: Rising Sun Racing (RSR)

Driver #1: T: Glock (10)
Driver #2: J. Button (4)
Driver #3: R. Grosjean (1)
Chassis: Toyota (11)
Bonus GP: Bahrain GP

Total - £44M

Didn't reach the £48 limit, but I'm not worried. I'm fully satisfied with my very competitive line-up and I firmly believe this team is capable of proving that it's possible to succeed without wasting as much money as others. :D

Bagwan
25th March 2009, 12:37
Sir Bagly Ecclestone has asked me to put in a team for him again , Mr. Jones .
I hope you don't mind .
He still has enough money left from last year to party on until the season has finished , so he asked me to pick winners this time .

Team name - FGP champion 2009

Driver#1 - Rubens - $3mill
Driver#2 - Jarno -$12mill
Reserve - Christian -$1mill
Chassis - BMW -$17mill
Engine - Renault -$14mill

Bonus GP -Brazil

Trophy Wife
25th March 2009, 12:48
Team name - Double Trouble

Driver #1

Trophy Wife
25th March 2009, 12:58
Let's try this again
Team Name - Trouble and Strife

Driver #1 - Heidfeld 20
Driver #2 -Timo Glock 10
Reserve - Kobayashi 1
Chassis - Brawn 4
Engine - Toyota 12

Bonus GP - Germany

N. Jones
25th March 2009, 13:20
Sir Bagly Ecclestone has asked me to put in a team for him again , Mr. Jones .
I hope you don't mind .
He still has enough money left from last year to party on until the season has finished , so he asked me to pick winners this time .

Team name - FGP champion 2009

Driver#1 - Rubens - $3mill
Driver#2 - Jarno -$12mill
Reserve - Christian -$1mill
Chassis - BMW -$17mill
Engine - Renault -$14mill

Bonus GP -Brazil

jonny hurlock
25th March 2009, 13:28
hope im not too late

team name: j-hrk racing

Driver#1 - Barrichello 3m
Driver#2 - Raikkonen 25m
Reserve - Sato 1m
Chassis - Brawn 4m
Engine - Toyota 12m

total: 45m

N. Jones
25th March 2009, 19:02
Nope. Everyone is still able to add a team/make changes for another ten hours.
(http://www.timeanddate.com - go to the converter. Choose your city and my city - Chicago, IL, USA. The difference will tell you how much time is left before registration is closed!).

Shifter
25th March 2009, 21:08
Ok, here goes:

Name: Team Lotus
Driver #1: Kimi Räikkönen (27)
Driver #2: Jenson Button (4)
Driver #3: Christian Klien (1)

Bonus GP: Melbourne

Your team looks very much like mine, so I noticed that you are paying Raikkonen his original price. He was adjusted down to 25m, so you have 2m more to spend on either chassis, engine, or 2nd driver ;)

N. Jones
25th March 2009, 23:21
Wow - so far NO duplicate teams. I think this is a first.

Also - these GPs have gotten no love from FGP'ers:

France
China

N. Jones
26th March 2009, 11:17
That is it. Registration of new FGP teams is closed (making changes is also no longer allowed). 55 teams, one more than last year. Nice!

UltimateDanGTR
26th March 2009, 16:33
wow! despite the recession some motorsport formulas just keep growing.....

call_me_andrew
28th March 2009, 05:57
Anyone notice that since there are bonus points for drivers but not teams places extra value on drivers? I would have exploited that when I noticed it but didn't feel like doing all that math again.

UltimateDanGTR
28th March 2009, 08:20
so glad I chose Button and Barrichello as my drivers!

N. Jones
28th March 2009, 11:14
LOL! I bet most people are.

Me, I'm happy I have BMW because one of two things are going to happen:

1) the FIA deems these diffusers illegal, thereby leveling the playing field.
2) They are deemed legal and everyone else starts using them. Teams catch up quickly in F1 and I cannot see Toyota, Brawn/Virgin, and Williams staying on top all season.

N. Jones
29th March 2009, 23:51
Sorry for the late post, my taping of the race was foiled and I only just finished watching it.

RESULTS OF THE AUSTRALIAN GP ( also the overall standings since this is rd 1)

West Racing 64
Team Spanner 60
Team Lotus 60
Hard Rock Returns to Prison from the Hospital for the Criminally Insane 46
Blink F1 46
Force Yorkshire 40
Warum nicht 40
Rising Sun Racing 33
Racing For Sealand 32
Woody Sounding GP 32
Team ACBC 30
Baix Camp 30
Team Knock-on 28
Mt. Damavand F1 Racing 26
Kentucky Fried Racing 26
Deutschland F1 26
j-hrk racing 26
Tierra de Pinares 26
Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express 25
Bolton Midnight 25
INTO THE RED 24
Jas123 F1 24
Stevie Gerrard Racing 24
Ipswichian-DiamondEagle Grand Prix F1 Team (sponsored by Woolworths!) 24
Trouble and Strife 23
Scuderia Azzurra 23
Drive it like you STOLE it!!! 23
Nissanity Defenses Automovilismo (NDA) 22
racession 22
mephrace 22
Raggin' it 20
8 19
eXtreme F1 18
Red Mist 18
Force Finland 18
BMD Racing 18
Team Lola 17
GráDonSpórt 17
My 2 Cents 17
Snakes on Bernie Ecclestone's Plane 17
Blue Ridge Engineering 16
Potenza di Cosworth 16
64 Rox 16
TrueSpeed F1 15
FGP champion 2009 15
Viper 15
Rooster 15
USF2 14
Thor Racing 14
Redwings 12
Prancing Horse 12
POS-F1 sponsored by HP 10
Team Brawn 9
Scuderia Guanajuato 6
Blue Skies 6

I am still working on a website for our little FGP. When I have something setup I will will announce it. (pino - if you could kindly sticky this and all subsequent ones I would greatly appreciate it!!!)

N. Jones
29th March 2009, 23:52
Now you all know what POS means. :) Three spots from last. *shakes head* I just hope this Brawn GP phenomenon doesn't last or it will be a long year for me!

Somebody
30th March 2009, 02:11
I was really hoping that Vettel would fall off in the last part... but that Kubica would keep going, since I have the BMW chassis. As it is, it feels a bit disappointing for my double-race.

aryan
30th March 2009, 02:43
Well, I have a BMW/Ferrari car and the Brawn drivers.

Mixed fortunes for me, but it could be worse.

call_me_andrew
30th March 2009, 07:31
I'm sorry, but I don't think these points are tallied correctly. I had an engine finish 5th (4 points) and a driver finish 8th (1 point). I didn't earn any bonus points, and my chassis were out of the points. Since this was my bonus GP, I should have 10 points. Instead, I have 14. I don't usually complain about getting extra points for nothing. I kept my mouth shut about it last year. But I can't help but wonder how many other teams are getting more points than they should.

And I'd like to keep my 4 extra points as an honesty bonus.

TEEJAY
30th March 2009, 14:16
I'm sorry, but I don't think these points are tallied correctly. I had an engine finish 5th (4 points) and a driver finish 8th (1 point). I didn't earn any bonus points, and my chassis were out of the points. Since this was my bonus GP, I should have 10 points. Instead, I have 14. I don't usually complain about getting extra points for nothing. I kept my mouth shut about it last year. But I can't help but wonder how many other teams are getting more points than they should.

It just so happens that i am sitting here with N. Jones discussing points. He will look into it this evening and update if needed.

N. Jones
30th March 2009, 18:05

No - your points are correct:

0 for Heidfeld
1 for Bourdais
0 for Liuzzi
0 for Red Bull
6 for Renault

= 7
Your bonus GP was Australia, so 7 * 2 = 14

I count the FIRST engine that crosses the line.
The finish was:
1 - Mercedes
2 - Mercedes
3 - Mercedes
4 - Toyota
5 - Renault
6 - Toyota
7 - Ferrari
8 - Ferrari
9 - Mercedes
10 - BMW

Counting the first time an engine crosses the line the points are given as follows:

10 - Mercedes
8 - Toyota
6 - Renault
5 - Ferrari
4 - BMW

N. Jones
30th March 2009, 18:08
Would one of the moderators be so kind as to sticky this post please?

jens
30th March 2009, 18:16
I'm satisfied with a strong start into the season with my underfunded team (£44M). :p : Brawn and Toyota haven't let me down yet.

Shifter
30th March 2009, 19:26
Here's hoping that post-race penalties don't crop up too often creating a bunch of extra work for you, and thanks as always N!

Sonic
30th March 2009, 19:37
I was laughing my a$$ off when Kimi buzzed the wall then I remebered I had Ferrari chassis! BALLS!

N. Jones
30th March 2009, 20:04
I was laughing my a$$ off when Kimi buzzed the wall then I remembered I had Ferrari chassis! BALLS!

N. Jones
30th March 2009, 20:05
Here's hoping that post-race penalties don't crop up too often creating a bunch of extra work for you, and thanks as always N!
Your Welcome! :D

UltimateDanGTR
30th March 2009, 20:44
Why Didnt I Spend An Extra 2 Million That I Had On Mercedes Engines! Then My Team Would Have Done Excellent!

N. Jones
30th March 2009, 21:47
Thank You for making this a sticky!

pino
30th March 2009, 22:00
Thank You for making this a sticky!

I've just merged the "Results Thread" with this one, so from now on, use this thread to post all results, thanks :)

N. Jones
31st March 2009, 00:24
OK. Will You change the title to reflect each GPy

scaliwag
31st March 2009, 05:52
Mr Jones, I have just changed my computer and I am unable to find the FGP results page can anyone help?
Regards scaliwag.

N. Jones
31st March 2009, 12:13
This page is it as I do not have a website yet. :(
But I am working on getting one up and as soon as I have something I will let everyone know. :)

scaliwag
31st March 2009, 13:24
This page is it as I do not have a website yet. :(
But I am working on getting one up and as soon as I have something I will let everyone know. :)

I am confused (not difficult in my case) call me andrew disputes his points allocation, you correct him, OK, so where did he see his points allocation, last year we had a league table with results and points awarded, and it showed the movement of teams within the league, but now I don't know if my team is top or bottom, I cant find the appropriate page, please help this old fool.

Regards scaliwag.

N. Jones
31st March 2009, 14:27
I am confused (not difficult in my case) call me andrew disputes his points allocation, you correct him, OK, so where did he see his points allocation, last year we had a league table with results and points awarded, and it showed the movement of teams within the league, but now I don't know if my team is top or bottom, I cant find the appropriate page, please help this old fool.

Regards scaliwag.

I don't know how he tabulated his points.
The web page we had last year listed everyone's team on one page and the results on another, so it was a little easier to try and figure out your points. Unfortunately I do not have that available at the moment but I am working on a website for FGP.

Shifter
31st March 2009, 16:17

Regards scaliwag.

Well, you know your team and the rules. I know what my teams points are even before I log on. When results are posted there will be current race results and overall standings. The only problem is that right now to compare your team to others you must dig into this thread (page 4-5 or somewhere abouts, where alot of teams were listed). Hope that helps. For instance, I was curious about the current leader, West Racing, so I told google to search the forums for the team name.

52Paddy
31st March 2009, 18:38
Well, not the worst start for me, but I am in the bad end of the leader-board nonetheless. I think both Alonso and Bourdais can put in much better performances as the year progress. Toyota, most definitely can; really disappointed that Trulli was penalised. Williams seem to have a promising package too. I think Nico could be a surprise driver in some races this year. Kazuki seems quicker than he was last year, but still prone to driver error.

Looking on to the coming races with confidence. :up:

N. Jones
31st March 2009, 21:53
Same here - confidence. I have it for BMW. They can turn it around and so can Glock. Sutil on the other hand....well, I'll just have to wait to the second half of the season before he scores points (I hope).

scaliwag
1st April 2009, 05:39
I don't know how he tabulated his points.
The web page we had last year listed everyone's team on one page and the results on another, so it was a little easier to try and figure out your points. Unfortunately I do not have that available at the moment but I am working on a website for FGP.

Mr Jones/Shifter

Thanks for the info, all is clear now.
Regards scaliwag.

stevie_gerrard
1st April 2009, 10:52
Very happy with midtable to start me off, Having Button and Glock is pure genius :D , now just need Renault and BMW to sort themselves out and i will be happy :)

N. Jones
2nd April 2009, 14:28
It looks like I will be re-calculating the points after this new ruling by the FIA.

gloomyDAY
2nd April 2009, 23:45
No! My FGP results are going to be worse.

N. Jones
2nd April 2009, 23:57
LOL. Sorry, I have to follow the official scoring.

N. Jones
3rd April 2009, 02:34
The revised Australian GP Results:

Team Spanner 70
West Racing 64
Team Lotus 60
Blink F1 48
Hard Rock Returns to Prison from the Hospital for the Criminally Insane 46
Force Yorkshire 40
Warum nicht 40
Rising Sun Racing 35
INTO THE RED 34
Racing For Sealand 32
Woody Sounding GP 32
Scuderia Azzurra 31
Team ACBC 30
Baix Camp 30
Team Knock-on 29
Ipswichian-DiamondEagle Grand Prix F1 Team (sponsored by Woolworths!) 29
Deutschland F1 28
Mt. Damavand F1 Racing 27
Toyota 27
Tierra de Pinares 27
Kentucky Fried Racing 26
Bolton Midnight 26
j-hrk racing 26
Stevie Gerrard Racing 25
Team Lola 25
Jas123 F1 24
Drive it like you STOLE it!!! 24
Snakes on Bernie Ecclestone's Plane 24
Nissanity Defenses Automovilismo (NDA) 23
racession 23
mephrace 23
Force Finland 23
Trouble and 4ife 23
FGP champion 2009 22
Viper 22
Raggin' it 20
eXtreme F1 20
My 2 Cents 19
BMD Racing 19
Red Mist 18
GráDonSpórt 18
Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express 17
Blue Ridge Engineering 17
64 Rox 17
USF2 16
TrueSpeed F1 16
Potenza di Cosworth 16
Thor Racing 15
Redwings 14
Prancing Horse 13
POS-F1 sponsored by HP 11
Team Brawn 10
Scuderia Guanajuato 7
Blue Skies 7
Rooster 7

Somebody
3rd April 2009, 03:08
Well, that helped me... I think [where did the extra point - doubled for my bonus GP - come from? I don't have Toyota, McLaren nor any of their drivers, and any effect from the Merc engine was cancelled out by both Brawns coming in front of Hamilton]

Shifter
3rd April 2009, 04:36
Well, that helped me... I think [where did the extra point - doubled for my bonus GP - come from? I don't have Toyota, McLaren nor any of their drivers, and any effect from the Merc engine was cancelled out by both Brawns coming in front of Hamilton]

Red Bull chassis? I picked up a point from my RBR chassis because McLaren dropped out of the chassis points.

N. Jones
3rd April 2009, 14:21
Yes, Red Bull picked up a point. I guess it might be helpful to list how the points shake out now that McLaren were booted from Oz:

This is highly unusual, but since we do not have a website up with everyone's team I'll post the points I used to get the above:

DRIVERS
Button - 12
Barrichello - 8
Trulli - 6
Glock - 5
Alonso - 4
Rosberg - 4
Buemi - 2
Bourdais - 1

CHASSIS
Brawn GP - 10
Toyota - 8
Renault - 6
Williams - 5
STR - 4
Force India - 3
BMW - 2
Red Bull - 1

ENGINE
Mercedes - 10
Toyota - 8
Renault - 6
Ferrari - 5
BMW - 4

52Paddy
4th April 2009, 12:19
I gained a point from that mix up. Should be a good one for Toyota tomorrow and Nico Rosberg was on form at points during practice. Not so sure about Alonso and Bourdais. I expect they'll be scrambling for the lesser points places, but not a major threat to anybody.

Robinho
4th April 2009, 12:35
cool, that puts me top, can't see it lasting, but the Button, Barichello and Merc combination with Melbourne as my bonus gives me a little glory, if i'd gone the Brawn chassis instead of Ferrari i'd be unassailable!

N. Jones
4th April 2009, 12:45
A wonderful announcement!

We have a website for FGP! Please point your browser to this location:

http://www.ameri.me/fgp/2009/

This will be our website for the season. It is a simple for now while we work out something much grander as the season rolls on.

When I say "we" I must introduce and thank the person who worked to put this website together. Please give a shout out to aryan for stepping up and helping FGP when it was homeless internet-wise! :D

We are starting a new trend as well; after each GP we will be posting the points that I use to calculate the results of your team.
I hope you all like what we have for now, which will make viewing the results much more easier to read than going through the forum.

gloomyDAY
4th April 2009, 16:03
Awesome! Well, the news not my FGP picks.

pino
4th April 2009, 16:59
Great news, thanks N.Jones :up:

52Paddy
5th April 2009, 00:12
Great job on the website. It makes the FGP much easier to follow.

Question: Do the third drivers serve any purpose? :p :

N. Jones
5th April 2009, 01:59
Great job on the website. It makes the FGP much easier to follow.

Question: Do the third drivers serve any purpose? :p :

Yes. It is best if you choose a 3rd driver that is on the same team as one of your other drivers (such as Kobayashi to your Trulli or Glock) because if one goes down and your third driver steps in and scores points your FGP team scores as well.

This also works if you luck out in this way. Say you have Kobayshi along with Rosberg and Piquet.
Example: Say Piquet gets the boot for the Italian GP and Glock is unable to race, replaced by Kobayashi. Kobayashi finishes 7th in the race. You would get his points in place of Piquet.

Make sense? :)

aryan
5th April 2009, 03:46
Just to let everyone know that I have some plans for a more refined and "modern" website later on in the season. Whether I get the time to do that of course, is still an open question.

For now, this rather crude and simple website should do, and it would at least make following FGP much easier.

Cheers to N.Jones for keeping FGP alive, and every one of us 55 people who submitted a team!

N. Jones
5th April 2009, 12:05
Before anyone asks, yes I am going with half points. Building it now even though I don't know who had the fastest lap of the race. Once I find that I will post the results.

52Paddy
5th April 2009, 12:23
I didn't realize that the third drivers had to be official third drivers. I don't think Adam Carroll is third driver for any team, so could I switch to a real third driver, to make it worth my while? At the moment, its safe to do so without compromising myself or anybody else.

Oh, and more hard work for you N. Jones! Not the year to be running the FGP is it? :p :

Somebody
5th April 2009, 12:56
Before anyone asks, yes I am going with half points. Building it now even though I don't know who had the fastest lap of the race. Once I find that I will post the results.

Fastest lap: Button, 1:36.641
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74288

N. Jones
5th April 2009, 14:11
Thanks.

Paddy, do you really think you will use your third driver? The cutoff date has passed....

N. Jones
5th April 2009, 14:12
Results for the Malaysian Grand Prix:

Ipswichian-DiamondEagle Grand Prix F1 Team (sponsored by Woolworths!) 30
Woody Sounding GP 22
West Racing 22
Warum nicht 20
Force Yorkshire 20
mephrace 19
Rising Sun Racing 19
Deutschland F1 18
Stevie Gerrard Racing 17.5
Baix Camp 16
Team ACBC 16
Team Spanner 16
Team Lotus 16
Mt. Damavand F1 Racing 16
Scuderia Azzurra 15.5
Trouble and Strife 15
Red Mist 13.5
BMD Racing 13
Viper 13
Hard Rock Returns to Prison from the Hospital for the Criminally Insane 13
Team Knock-on 12.5
Tierra de Pinares 12
Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express 12
racession 12
Toyota 11.5
Blink F1 11.5
POS-F1 sponsored by HP 11
Bolton Midnight 11
FGP champion 2009 11
Drive it like you STOLE it!!! 10.5
Team Lola 10.5
Jas123 F1 10.5
j-hrk racing 10
USF2 9
Snakes on Bernie Ecclestone's Plane 8.5
My 2 Cents 8
Thor Racing 8
Nissanity Defenses Automovilismo (NDA) 8
Potenza di Cosworth 7.5
Blue Ridge Engineering 7.5
Racing For Sealand 7.5
TrueSpeed F1 6.5
Redwings 6.5
Force Finland 6
INTO THE RED 6
64 Rox 5
Prancing Horse 5
Kentucky Fried Racing 5
GráDonSpórt 4.5
Blue Skies 4.5
Scuderia Guanajuato 4.5
Rooster 4
Team Brawn 4
Raggin' it 4
eXtreme F1 4

N. Jones
5th April 2009, 14:12
Overall standings, along with the race standings and points scored, will be posted here:

52Paddy
5th April 2009, 15:29
Thanks.

Paddy, do you really think you will use your third driver? The cutoff date has passed....

I suppose its not the most important factor in FGP. I've no problem carrying on without one. :)

Not a good Malaysian GP for me though :( Alonso was running as high as third at one point but that fell apart. Bourdais had an unimpressive opening stint, but was moving through the field, slowly but surely. He may have scored points had the race went full distance. Then again, so may a lot of other people so thats not worth thinking about. Toyota's result, on the other hand, helped me out from what I lost with my driver selection. Had Rosberg kept up his early race form, I may have gained more points, using my Williams chassis. Alas no.

Wasted Talent
5th April 2009, 15:54
Overall standings, along with the race standings and points scored, will be posted here:

What programme is needed to open this file??

Thanks
WT

N. Jones
5th April 2009, 17:59
What programme is needed to open this file??

Thanks
WT

Your getting an error? It's a xhtml file and should be opened easily with any web browser; although I have heard that people using Vista seem to have a problem opening the links.

Robinho
5th April 2009, 18:30
i can't open it either, Windows XP, Internet explorer 7

Breeze
5th April 2009, 18:37
Me neither, Window's Vista w/IE8. Currently trying to open with and OpenOffice app. We'll see. So far getting nothing but code.

Wasted Talent
5th April 2009, 18:37
I can open the site but not the results or points - it says "01_points.xhtml"

IE 6.0

WT

52Paddy
5th April 2009, 18:45
Its working fine for me. Linux with Firefox :)

N. Jones
5th April 2009, 19:44
Don't know. I'll ask aryan to look into it.

aryan
6th April 2009, 01:56
Results are updates and available at http://www.ameri.me/fgp/2009/

It seems some people are experiencing problems. These are standard xhtml files, there is nothing fancy in them, and as N.Jones said, any modern browser should be able to show it.

It seems however that IE has problems. Again :mad:

I use Linux, and that means testing things on IE isn't easy for me, as I don't have IE. I can guarantee that the website works on any other browser, like Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Opera.

I'll try to get my hand on a Windows box and will test in with IE later on in the day to see what the problem is.

In the meantime, if you really want to see the results, use a proper browser! ;)

aryan
6th April 2009, 05:36
So, further investigation shows that the problem is that Internet Explorer does not support xhtml.

Yes, xhtml, a standard web format defined in 1999, is still not supported by Microsoft's latest and greatest browser. Make your own judgements about Microsoft. I made mine years ago.

I've converted the files into normal html now, and have validated all of them. They should work on ANY web browser developed in this century.

Results are available at http://www.ameri.me/fgp/2009/

UltimateDanGTR
6th April 2009, 09:43
I WON in Malaysia!!!! Wow, that was unexpected especially because of my useless ferrari chassis. not bad for second ever Formula Grand Prix. Malaysia was my double points race though. This championship is interesting actually Im enjoying it alot!

Wasted Talent
6th April 2009, 10:42
So, further investigation shows that the problem is that Internet Explorer does not support xhtml.

Yes, xhtml, a standard web format defined in 1999, is still not supported by Microsoft's latest and greatest browser. Make your own judgements about Microsoft. I made mine years ago.

I've converted the files into normal html now, and have validated all of them. They should work on ANY web browser developed in this century.

Results are available at http://www.ameri.me/fgp/2009/

Thanks Aryan!

I can see clearly now (the rain has gone)....

Just one point I don't think "Force Yorkshire" or "Warum nicht" have used the bonus yet (mine is Brazilian GP for Force Yorkshire)

Thanks again
WT

scaliwag
6th April 2009, 11:30
Mr Jones, the standings page has my team (warum nicht) down as having used my bonus, however my bonus is the British GP.

Regards scaliwag.

johnny shell
6th April 2009, 12:51
I picked a bad year to put all my eggs in the Ferrari basket.

Breeze
6th April 2009, 13:36
Once again aryan, thanks for the assist on the web site.

Now I'm wondering what happened to the points for the Malaysia race? I see any mention in the rules about half points for a shortened race.

aryan
6th April 2009, 14:17
Thanks Aryan!

Just one point I don't think "Force Yorkshire" or "Warum nicht" have used the bonus yet (mine is Brazilian GP for Force Yorkshire)

Correct! Sorry, my mistake. It has been fixed now.

aryan
6th April 2009, 14:18
Mr Jones, the standings page has my team (warum nicht) down as having used my bonus, however my bonus is the British GP.

Regards scaliwag.

N.Jones sent me the correct data, I messed up putting it on the web. My mistake. It has been fixed now.

N. Jones
6th April 2009, 16:25
I WON in Malaysia!!!! Wow, that was unexpected especially because of my useless ferrari chassis. not bad for second ever Formula Grand Prix. Malaysia was my double points race though. This championship is interesting actually Im enjoying it alot!

Good to hear!

Plus, you had an excellent shot at winning the GP since you were the only one to choose Malaysia. ;)

N. Jones
6th April 2009, 16:26
Once again aryan, thanks for the assist on the web site.

Now I'm wondering what happened to the points for the Malaysia race? I see any mention in the rules about half points for a shortened race.

I always follow the FIA when it comes to race results. I guess I will have to make that clear in the rules! :laugh:

Sonic
6th April 2009, 19:57
God I Suck!

UltimateDanGTR
6th April 2009, 20:05
Good to hear!

Plus, you had an excellent shot at winning the GP since you were the only one to choose Malaysia. ;)

I noticed that! :D

something tells me the ferrari chassis aint gonna be at all useful, so Ill rely on the drivers (although lots of people have Jenson and Rubens I see) on my drivers :)

N. Jones
7th April 2009, 02:13
N.Jones sent me the correct data, I messed up putting it on the web. My mistake. It has been fixed now.

Thank You for all of your help!!!!

stevie_gerrard
7th April 2009, 10:15
Happy days, i'm making my charge for the title! :D Bit early, i know, but you have to be optimistic :p :

Good job on the website as well :up: good to see the points that drivers and teams scored too to help with the understanding of the scoring.

scaliwag
7th April 2009, 10:37

Many thanks aryan, much appreciated.

Regards scaliwag.

52Paddy
7th April 2009, 21:05
Cheers aryan. Simply but very effective. :up:

52Paddy
7th April 2009, 21:06
Just to clarify: I've always used Firefox, so I could always view the results. I'm really thanking you for putting in the latest positions. I wouldn't stoop as low as to use Internet Explorer (sorry guys, it is THAT bad.) :p :

N. Jones
19th April 2009, 13:22
RESULTS FOR THE GRAND PRIX OF CHINA

Redwings 40
Drive it like you STOLE it!!! 31
Thor Racing 30
BMD Racing 30
Force Yorkshire 28
Warum nicht 28
Bolton Midnight 27
Scuderia Guanajuato 27
Blue Skies 27
Team Spanner 22
West Racing 22
Red Mist 22
Team ACBC 22
Blue Ridge Engineering 22
Woody Sounding GP 22
Potenza di Cosworth 22
Baix Camp 22
Rising Sun Racing 21
USF2 20
Team Lotus 20
Jas123 F1 20
Viper 20
j-hrk racing 20
Hard Rock Returns to Prison from the Hospital for the Criminally Insane 19
eXtreme F1 19
Team Brawn 19
Stevie Gerrard Racing 19
Prancing Horse 19
Mt. Damavand F1 Racing 18
Racing For Sealand 18
Force Finland 18
Ipswichian-DiamondEagle Grand Prix F1 Team (sponsored by Woolworths!) 18
Deutschland F1 17
FGP champion 2009 17
Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express 17
Trouble and Strife 16
Tierra de Pinares 16
Scuderia Azzurra 16
Blink F1 15
Nissanity Defenses Automovilismo (NDA) 14
Kentucky Fried Racing 13
mephrace 13
Team Lola 13
Toyota 13
Snakes on Bernie Ecclestone's Plane 13
Raggin' it 12
TrueSpeed F1 12
Team Knock-on 12
Rooster 12
My 2 Cents 12
INTO THE RED 11
racession 10
64 Rox 8
POS-F1 sponsored by HP 7
GráDonSpórt 6

N. Jones
19th April 2009, 13:34
Overall Standings:

Team Spanner 108
West Racing 108
Team Lotus 96
Force Yorkshire 88
Warum nicht 88
Hard Rock Returns to Prison from the Hospital for the Criminally Insane 78
Ipswichian-DiamondEagle Grand Prix F1 Team (sponsored by Woolworths!) 77
Woody Sounding GP 76
Rising Sun Racing 75
Blink F1 74.5
Baix Camp 68
Team ACBC 68
Drive it like you STOLE it!!! 65.5
Bolton Midnight 64
Deutschland F1 63
Scuderia Azzurra 62.5
BMD Racing 62
Stevie Gerrard Racing 61.5
Mt. Damavand F1 Racing 61
Redwings 60.5
Racing For Sealand 57.5
j-hrk racing 56
mephrace 55
Tierra de Pinares 55
Viper 55
Jas123 F1 54.5
Trouble and 4ife 54
Red Mist 53.5
Team Knock-on 53.5
Thor Racing 53
Toyota 51.5
INTO THE RED 51
FGP champion 2009 50
Team Lola 48.5
Force Finland 47
Blue Ridge Engineering 46.5
Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express 46
Potenza di Cosworth 45.5
Snakes on Bernie Ecclestone's Plane 45.5
Nissanity Defenses Automovilismo (NDA) 45
racession 45
USF2 45
Kentucky Fried Racing 44
eXtreme F1 43
My 2 Cents 39
Blue Skies 38.5
Scuderia Guanajuato 38.5
Prancing Horse 37
Raggin' it 36
TrueSpeed F1 34.5
Team Brawn 33
64 Rox 30
POS-F1 sponsored by HP 29
GráDonSpórt 28.5
Rooster 23

gloomyDAY
19th April 2009, 23:21
I thought Ferrari were going to have a brilliant season, so I chose their engines.

Damn...

aryan
19th April 2009, 23:45
Result are available online.

Shifter
20th April 2009, 04:52
Finally better days for my team. I'm pretty happy with my Red Bull chassis right now. Still peeved that I went with Raikkonen as a driver though...I had visions of fast lap/pole position bonus points in my head when I chose him.

52Paddy
20th April 2009, 08:39
Dead last. Can't get any worse than that :mark:

It may have been different if Alonso had not restarted so far back. Bourdais wasn't anything special anyway. Williams had an awful race too and Toyota were not on usual top form. Roll on Bahrain...

johnny shell
20th April 2009, 12:47
man, I picked the wrong year to put so many of my eggs in that Ferrari basket!

who'd have thunk that Ferrari... THE FERRARI.... would finish 2nd to last in both the engine AND in the chasis race????

I mean seriously? WTF

at least my lowest dollar purchase - Reubens - is getting me some points

N. Jones
20th April 2009, 18:52
Dead last. Can't get any worse than that :mark:

It may have been different if Alonso had not restarted so far back. Bourdais wasn't anything special anyway. Williams had an awful race too and Toyota were not on usual top form. Roll on Bahrain...

I'm only two spots up from you. I guess BMW weren't sandbagging during winter testing, they are just bad.

Thank God there is no relegation in F1 or we'd be in trouble! :laugh:

52Paddy
20th April 2009, 19:26
Thank God there is no relegation in F1 or we'd be in trouble! :laugh:

But at least we'd be fighting for the lead of something ;) :laugh:

Sonic
21st April 2009, 09:58
At least you haven't already used your bonus race!!!! ARGGGGHHH - WHY DID I PICK FERRARI!?!?!?!

N. Jones
21st April 2009, 12:12
:) I always try to pick a bonus gp that no one else does (came close - only one or two other Hungary fans) and is somewhere in the middle of the season.

Although, a late season bonus only helps if you aren't two places from the bottom! :mad:

aryan
23rd April 2009, 06:42
The lucky ones are the ones who picked the Mercedes engine thinking about McLaren, and are now finding themselves rewarded with "Free" points!

N. Jones
26th April 2009, 01:28
That is very true.

Help us Obi-Glock, you are our only hope!

N. Jones
26th April 2009, 15:41
BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX RESULTS:

Rising Sun Racing 56
Force Yorkshire 34
Warum nicht 34
West Racing 30
Woody Sounding GP 30
Scuderia Azzurra 30
Team Lotus 29
Viper 29
Drive it like you STOLE it!!! 29
Team Spanner 28
Team ACBC 28
Baix Camp 28
Bolton Midnight 27
Thor Racing 26
BMD Racing 26
Team Lola 25
Redwings 24
Toyota team 23
j-hrk racing 23
Deutschland F1 22
Ipswichian-DiamondEagle Grand Prix F1 Team (sponsored by Woolworths!) 22
Racing For Sealand 21
FGP champion 2009 21
Blue Ridge Engineering 21
Scuderia Guanajuato 21
Blue Skies 21
Tierra de Pinares 21
Jas123 F1 20
Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express 20
Stevie Gerrard Racing 20
Snakes on Bernie Ecclestone's Plane 20
Mt. Damavand F1 Racing 19
Hard Rock Returns to Prison from the Hospital for the Criminally Insane 19
Team Knock-on 19
Trouble and Strife 18
USF2 16
mephrace 16
Red Mist 16
Force Finland 16
Nissanity Defenses Automovilismo (NDA) 15
racession 15
eXtreme F1 15
Team Brawn 15
Prancing Horse 15
INTO THE RED 14
Blink F1 14
Potenza di Cosworth 14
Kentucky Fried Racing 13
My 2 Cents 13
Raggin' it 12
TrueSpeed F1 12
64 Rox 11
Rooster 10
GráDonSpórt 9
POS-F1 sponsored by HP 6

N. Jones
26th April 2009, 15:54
Overall standings:

West Racing 138
Team Spanner 136
Rising Sun Racing 131
Team Lotus 125
Force Yorkshire 122
Warum nicht 122
Woody Sounding GP 106
Ipswichian-DiamondEagle Grand Prix F1 Team (sponsored by Woolworths!) 99
Hard Rock Returns to Prison from the Hospital for the Criminally Insane 97
Baix Camp 96
Team ACBC 96
Drive it like you STOLE it!!! 94.5
Scuderia Azzurra 92.5
Bolton Midnight 91
Blink F1 88.5
BMD Racing 88
Deutschland F1 85
Redwings 84.5
Viper 84
Stevie Gerrard Racing 81.5
Mt. Damavand F1 Racing 80
j-hrk racing 79
Thor Racing 79
Racing For Sealand 78.5
Tierra de Pinares 76
Jas123 F1 74.5
Toyota 74.5
Team Lola 73.5
Team Knock-on 72.5
Trouble and 4ife 72
FGP champion 2009 71
mephrace 71
Red Mist 69.5
Blue Ridge Engineering 67.5
Flying Yorkie Zakspeed Express 66
Snakes on Bernie Ecclestone's Plane 65.5
INTO THE RED 65
Force Finland 63
USF2 61
Nissanity Defenses Automovilismo (NDA) 60
racession 60
Blue Skies 59.5
Potenza di Cosworth 59.5
Scuderia Guanajuato 59.5
eXtreme F1 58
Kentucky Fried Racing 57
My 2 Cents 52
Prancing Horse 52
Raggin' it 48
Team Brawn 48
TrueSpeed F1 46.5
64 Rox 41
GráDonSpórt 37.5
POS-F1 sponsored by HP 35
Rooster 33

Everything will be posted here:

UltimateDanGTR
26th April 2009, 16:58
wow, you worked those out fast!

N. Jones
26th April 2009, 18:15
This race wasn't on at 1:00am my time for once so I was able to calculate everything once the race was over.

I should be able to do that from here on out until we get toward the end of the season.

aryan
26th April 2009, 18:20
Results are available online NOW! :D

http://www.ameri.me/fgp/2009 (http://www.ameri.me/fgp/2009/)

Congratulations to Rising Sun Racing for winning this GP :)

N. Jones
26th April 2009, 19:56
Woe is BMW. There pain is my pain....

And Toyota - you fumbled a 1-2 start! For shame.... :(

jens
26th April 2009, 20:04
Results are available online NOW! :D

http://www.ameri.me/fgp/2009 (http://www.ameri.me/fgp/2009/)

Congratulations to Rising Sun Racing for winning this GP :)

Thank you. :) I chose Bahrain GP for bonus event, because Toyota has been traditionally good there and it seemed like a good bet for a good points haul. ;) Shame Timo was a slight let-down, it could have been possible to get even better points.

But 3rd in overall standings - everything is still possible. :)

Shifter
26th April 2009, 20:16
Woe is BMW. There pain is my pain....

And Toyota - you fumbled a 1-2 start! For shame.... :(

Wow...ouch for you! Funny, I ran a BMW-BMW setup once before myself.

Personally, I'm happy to see some progress out of Raikkonen, perhaps my 1st driver isn't a complete write-off for the season. I still need Barrichello to have his day in the sun.

52Paddy
26th April 2009, 20:52
Alonso raced about as well as I expected him too (7th max.) Bourdais was awful. So slow in quali, I had no chance with him. Williams don't look to hopeful anymore either. And my race could have been saved if Toyota lived up to the better of their expectations. I'll keep plugging on nonetheless.

N. Jones
26th April 2009, 22:50
Wow...ouch for you! Funny, I ran a BMW-BMW setup once before myself.

Personally, I'm happy to see some progress out of Raikkonen, perhaps my 1st driver isn't a complete write-off for the season. I still need Barrichello to have his day in the sun.

The POS is last in the GP and we're 2nd last overall.

This is slowly becoming a FGP to forget....