PDA

View Full Version : for all you speeders with points.. appeal!!

Fred Basset
26th February 2009, 12:40
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/gloucestershireheadlines/Speeding-convictions-overturned/article-728518-detail/article.html

If this guy wins, it could be interesting. He's saying that all speed cameras have been illegal for the last 16 years.. his point is in the article

555-04Q2
26th February 2009, 14:10
:erm: Its easier to just obey the rules of the road and not speed.

Garry Walker
26th February 2009, 14:31
I hope he loses.
I have no compassion for people caught speeding and support speed cameras 100%.

Daniel
26th February 2009, 15:04
I hope he loses.
I have no compassion for people caught speeding and support speed cameras 100%.
Agreed. I've been caught a few times in Australia for speeding and even got a point on my licence (you're allowed 12) and I paid my fines and took my points. Do the crime you do the time.

Most of the speed cameras in the UK are fixed and quite visible plus we have warning signs so you really have to be a bit of a clot to get caught. If speed cameras were ruled illegal it would be a tragedy because every tosspot would turn into a BMW driver overnight.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th February 2009, 15:05
Agreed. I've been caught a few times in Australia for speeding and even got a point on my licence (you're allowed 12) and I paid my fines and took my points. Do the crime you do the time.

Most of the speed cameras in the UK are fixed and quite visible plus we have warning signs so you really have to be a bit of a clot to get caught. If speed cameras were ruled illegal it would be a tragedy because every tosspot would turn into a BMW driver overnight.

What have speed cameras got to do with not being let out at road junctions?

Daniel
26th February 2009, 15:07
What have speed cameras got to do with not being let out at road junctions?

:p

I forgot to mention that the guy was going 44 in a 30 zone which is an indicated 50 or so at least. I hope they throw the book at him!

Mark
26th February 2009, 15:08
I got up to 115mph on Monday :cool:

Brown, Jon Brow
26th February 2009, 15:12
I got up to 115mph on Monday :cool:

On a Train?

Wade91
26th February 2009, 15:16
:erm: Its easier to just obey the rules of the road and not speed.
why should there even be rules speeding? :p

i think the guy has a good point, its always good to see people getting revenge like this ;)

also, i think traffic light cameras here in the US should be taken down becouse that was a stupid idea! :mad:

Mark
26th February 2009, 15:16
On a Train?

As it happens, yes :p

Daniel
26th February 2009, 15:18
also, i think traffic light cameras here in the US should be taken down becouse that was a stupid idea! :mad:

I agree. I mean what's the point of enforcing the rules and penalising people who run red lights? I mean what's the deal with red lights? I reckon people should be allowed to go through red lights anyway

Mark
26th February 2009, 15:19
I agree. I mean what's the point of enforcing the rules and penalising people who run red lights? I mean what's the deal with red lights? I reckon people should be allowed to go through red lights anyway

In America, you can :D

Brown, Jon Brow
26th February 2009, 15:19

I facebook stalked you :p

Wade91
26th February 2009, 15:20
i have been on a train before, but i'm not sure how fast it was, in any case, it was abel to stop in time when it saw a ramp that someone had put on the tracks to derail it :eek:

Fred Basset
26th February 2009, 15:50

turning right on red.. great little trick that

Easy Drifter
26th February 2009, 15:54
I never really speed anymore. On the highways I usually run slightly under what 99% of the cops allow. In Ontario, outside built up areas, 20 k over posted is usually the real limit, especially on multi lane highways. Just do not go sailing past an officer who is just at the limit. He/she is looking to write a ticket.
The fastest I have gone on a highway was many years ago (early 70's) and that was 105 mph ------ over the 70mph limit.
It was late at night in a car that officially did not exist owned by the General (Motors). A factory playtoy Firebird Trans Am with 4 IDA 48mm downdraft Webers and a 5 speed ZF tranny amongst other things. Neither were available even as options. With different gearing it had done over 220 at the GM Test Track in Arizona.
I also not so long ago went more than a little over on an almost deserted 400 near here in Z8 BMW. Think James Bond. Nice car. 143 mph in a 100k zone. Speedo was in mph. It belonged to BMW.

Drew
26th February 2009, 20:37
Somebody went to the European Court of Human Rights about it and lost, of course they're not going to win.

Alexamateo
26th February 2009, 22:12

turning right on red.. great little trick that

OT, but here in Tennessee, a motorcycle may make a legal left turn on a red light after coming to a stop. The reason is that so many lights have vehicle sensors in the roadway to detect stopped traffic and change the light to green. However, motorcycles on secondary roads are too light to change the light to green, so they changed the laws to allow motorcycles to run the light legally.

I'm glad they changed it, it keeps me from being a lawbreaker! :D

Mark
27th February 2009, 09:05
OT, but here in Tennessee, a motorcycle may make a legal left turn on a red light after coming to a stop. The reason is that so many lights have vehicle sensors in the roadway to detect stopped traffic and change the light to green. However, motorcycles on secondary roads are too light to change the light to green, so they changed the laws to allow motorcycles to run the light legally.

I'm glad they changed it, it keeps me from being a lawbreaker! :D

That's a good idea! In the UK it's the same, the majority of lights have under road sensors to detect traffic. It's especially a problem for cyclists who never trigger the lights, but they mostly ignore red lights anyway :p

Brown, Jon Brow
27th February 2009, 12:38

I get free train travel! :p

Mark
27th February 2009, 13:41
I get free train travel! :p

Some luck for you, I paid £103.50 for a weeks pass. Not a month, a flamin' week!