PDA

View Full Version : Rainex

steve_spackman
25th February 2009, 01:26
Wanting to know if Rainex actually works?

Fred Basset
25th February 2009, 02:13
Wiper blades?

Rainex sooo over-rated. Check out Amazon.com for the reviews.
You need Bosch Icons

Easy Drifter
25th February 2009, 02:15
Yes it does.
It is a bit of a pain to apply and you do need to follow the directions.
It lasts usually for a couple of months before another application is required.
However that depends to some extent on how often you are in rain. Salt in winter affects its longevity as do bugs in summer. The more you have to use your wipers the shorter time it is effective.
You do have to be moving for it to really work.
There are some other products on the market that claim to be better and are less hassle to apply but I have no experience with them.

bowler
25th February 2009, 04:33
It doesn't last as long as it suggests, and using wipers makes it a short term solution. Not good for a product to be used in the rain. I use it on side windows, but won't buy any more once it is used up.

Sonic
25th February 2009, 12:31
Used it on my skid lid for years, always pleased with results

Les
25th February 2009, 12:35
hubby uses it - I don't. His car is so much better in the rain than mine.

MrJan
25th February 2009, 12:49
It's magic stuff. The old main uses it on his old MG and also has it on his helmet visor. Basically it would seem that the people who don't like it are the ones to have used wipers, in terms of visors or old cars where the wipers are useless then it's the business.

Daniel
26th February 2009, 02:57
RainX is excellent stuff. As people have pointed out if you're doing city driving it doesn't last long and you don't get the benefits but if you're doing lots of motorway driving it's excellent. Even at low speeds it tends to help your wipers wipe the screen a little better but when you're doing 50 or over and it's raining it works like magic and you'll only have to use your wipers in the heaviest of rain showers.

Steve I think there is a kit in Halfords which comes with the anti-fog stuff, a glass cleaner and of course RainX. Clean your windscreen inside and out with the glass cleaner and apply the anti-fog stuff inside and a couple of applications of RainX and you're good to go and you'll have great visibility. I find if you put two coats on with some drying time inbetween it helps at lower speeds.

Easy Drifter
26th February 2009, 06:01
I didn't mention in my earlier post your windshield has to be cleaned first but Daniel did. And following directions is important. It cannot be applied below a certain temp. and in direct hot sunlight it is a little tricky.
Those who have had trouble with it probably didn't follow the directions.
Remember if all else fails read the instructions. :p :
It won't work against road grime and bugs and cleaning that off will cause the Rainex to wear off sooner.