PDA

View Full Version : Video Coverage of the IRL testing?

Chamoo
20th February 2009, 15:29
Will the ICS or FIL site be showing coverage of the testing at Homestead? If so, where do I look for such video. I just checked both sites and couldn't see anything obvious so I'm hoping one of you fine folk could help me out.

dataman1
24th February 2009, 15:46
Will they post the speeds?

Mad_Hatter
24th February 2009, 21:15
http://www.indycar.com/videoplayer.php

http://scoring.indycar.com/2008/

Claus Hansen
24th February 2009, 21:20
Yep, angle is a bit boring !

garyshell
24th February 2009, 22:19
Who are Mike Conway and Stanton Barrett? The latter rings a bell but not Conway???

Gary

cos
24th February 2009, 22:47
Who are Mike Conway and Stanton Barrett? The latter rings a bell but not Conway???

Gary

Er, Conway is DRR's driver for '09, deal announced a month ago. Former British F3 champ.

ChampUSfan
25th February 2009, 02:14

Gary

And Stanton Barrett raced last year in Nascar and still race part time in Nascar this season but will race all IRL events in 09. He's driving for Greg Beck.

The instant classic
25th February 2009, 17:28
will their be more coverage for testing today?

Chamoo
25th February 2009, 21:33
Yes, its on right now

The instant classic
25th February 2009, 21:45
ok thanks i will head on over to indycar.com now
kind of hard to remember when testing and stuff like that starts, cuz my friend who use to talk with got me all the info, i guess i always could look it up myself but they seemed to love telling me lol

thanks again

MDS
26th February 2009, 00:38
This should really be shown live with commentary on Verses.

anthonyvop
27th February 2009, 02:42
This should really be shown live with commentary on Verses.

Really?
testing?

Great TV watching Scott Dixon pull out of the pits. Cruise once around then back in the Pits...over and over again.

MDS
27th February 2009, 12:15
Really?
testing?

Great TV watching Scott Dixon pull out of the pits. Cruise once around then back in the Pits...over and over again.

Every Single practice session leading up to the Daytona 500 was covered live on Speed.

It's not like Verses has anything else to show during that time period, although I totally get that they can't preempt low-budget hunting reality shows that make up 98 percent of their broadcast day.

call_me_andrew
28th February 2009, 21:55
Every Single practice session leading up to the Daytona 500 was covered live on Speed.

Yeah, practice. Not testing.

MDS
28th February 2009, 23:45
Yeah, practice. Not testing.

But both Speed and ESPN had nightly shows from Daytona during preseason testing. Verses could have/should have done that.

anthonyvop
1st March 2009, 03:37
But both Speed and ESPN had nightly shows from Daytona during preseason testing. Verses could have/should have done that.
Those shows were just that....Shows. Driver interviews, stories, personal pieces. the cars practicing were just background shots.

testing is a tedious sometimes boring spectacle. Not the stuff of exciting TV.

MDS
1st March 2009, 05:02
And what Verses normally shows is exciting?

anthonyvop
2nd March 2009, 01:17
And what Verses normally shows is exciting?
For many people it is.
You cannot discount the popularity of MMA. Bass fishing and other outdoor sports are very popular as well. So popular that ESPN show them as well and a whole network is dedicated to it. "Outdoor"

Autoracing doesn't even have it's own channel. The first person who mentions Speed gets slapped.

garyshell
2nd March 2009, 03:01
For many people it is.
You cannot discount the popularity of MMA. Bass fishing and other outdoor sports are very popular as well. So popular that ESPN show them as well and a whole network is dedicated to it. "Outdoor"

Autoracing doesn't even have it's own channel. The first person who mentions Speed gets slapped.

Isn't "Outdoor" now "Versus"??? What you mean Speed isn't an autoracing channel? ...big ol' grin...

Gary

call_me_andrew
2nd March 2009, 04:23
No, he means Outdoor Channel. It's a ripoff of OLN/VS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outdoor_Channel