PDA

View Full Version : Electric motorsport

Electricmotorsport
19th February 2009, 10:42
Hey all... just doing my dissertation at the moment and would be extremely grateful if any motorsport fans could spend a few minutes answering a short survey?

Many thanks to any replies!

Can you sum up motorsport in 5 words?

What would attract you to go to a race at your local circuit?

Do you think motorsport has a responsibility as a prominent public industry to the environment and getting a message across?

Do you have any opinions on the changing technology in motorsport? – F1 for example, the cars becoming hybrids, albeit in micro form.

How do you think watching electric vehicles race would change your viewing experience on television or at the track?

Would experiencing electric cars on a racing circuit influence you to think about buying an electric car in the future?

Do you have any positive or negative thoughts about electricity as the ‘fuel’ for motorsport vehicles that hasn’t been mentioned in the above questions?

Mark
19th February 2009, 10:48
Hey all... just doing my dissertation at the moment and would be extremely grateful if any motorsport fans could spend a few minutes answering a short survey?

OK, we'll write your disseration for you. You do realise that anything you get from here will in no way be 'representative'?

Lots of cars driving fast.

A high profile series which I'm interested in for the whole of the year, not just when it visits me locally. And reasonable charges for getting in.

Do you think motorsport has a responsibility as a prominent public industry to the environment and getting a message across?

No.

Do you have any opinions on the changing technology in motorsport? – F1 for example, the cars becoming hybrids, albeit in micro form.

Technological innovation is what F1 is, or at least has been, all about. Turbos, ABS, etc, all forged in F1 competition, before they were banned of course. So KERS is nothing new when looked at in the context of the last 50 years.

How do you think watching electric vehicles race would change your viewing experience on television or at the track?

I personally am ambivilent about the propulsion method. We've more things to worry about such as overtaking etc. That said there is nothing quite like the sound of an F1 engine.

Would experiencing electric cars on a racing circuit influence you to think about buying an electric car in the future?

No.

Do you have any positive or negative thoughts about electricity as the ‘fuel’ for motorsport vehicles that hasn’t been mentioned in the above questions?

If as mentioned above it would accelerate development of road going versions, then fine.

Electricmotorsport
19th February 2009, 10:50
lol! as much as i'd like someone else to write up 20,000 words, i'm doing this to get a decent cross section of fans - from the hardcore to the casual armchair TV viewers...

thanks for the reply!

Captain VXR
19th February 2009, 12:04

Many thanks to any replies!

Competitive competion in powered vehicles
A series I liked or was interested in eg BTCC, European Drift Championship
No but I welcome bio-fuels and hybrids into motorsport
I think it should be kept relativly simple so that the racing is better and the costs kept down - if a car is very complicated, a driver may be unwilling to take risks
There would be a lack of engine noise so it would be wierd and less exciting
No I would not buy a fully electric car because I like petrol, bio-ethanol and hybrids
Limited range, low speed, expensive - how could a club racer, amateur rally driver or amateur drifter afford it? + long charging time; however the development of better hybrids would be a good idea

Done :)

F1boat
20th February 2009, 17:26
OK

For me it is one word - passion :)

The cars and a tight championship.

No.

It is very interesting and makes the sport better.

Probably, in a positive way.

Possibly yes.

Positive. It sounds innovative and responsible for the Nature.