PDA

View Full Version : European Rallies with non FIA Rules (open class)

speedsnake74
18th February 2009, 16:29
Im looking for any rallies (on gravel) anywhere in europe that have more open rules that allow rally america open class style cars...

I have a car to compete in the Rallyes de tierra - spanish gravel championship
and would like to find some more euro rallyes where i could use the same car

car is based on an N12 impreza but with a 2.5 engine, different turbo radiator, intercooler, six gears instead of 5, extra bodyshell lightening such as carbon rear doors and bootlid, group n brakes,suspension,steering,fuel tank etc etc

you get the picture

I guess that B13 in the uk is one place but looking for some places a little more interesting

somewhere i can compete against wrc cars :)

thanks for your help

andy

urabus-denoS2000
18th February 2009, 19:04
Hungary has a rallysprint championship for that purpose (e.g. Fiat Bravo 4x4 Turbo "WRC").

Basically almost every country has a rallysprint championship...

speedsnake74
18th February 2009, 19:09
Hungary has a rallysprint championship for that purpose (e.g. Fiat Bravo 4x4 Turbo "WRC").

Basically almost every country has a rallysprint championship...

thanks but im looking for proper rallies - preferably 2 day events

What's the story in hungary then only WRC and group N homologated ?

urabus-denoS2000
18th February 2009, 19:18
What's the story in hungary then only WRC and group N homologated ?

Not quite sure,our Hungarian members will know better.

You have rallysprint championships,which are basically some Evos and a lot of Ladas (plus the amazing Bravo ;) )

Or you can drive the Rallye2 championship which is bassically on the same rally as the normal championship but the Rallye2 competition usually drives only 1 of 2 days.So here you can compare stage times with WRCs

France,Belgium,Netherlands,Denmark,... have championships with lots of different non-homologated cars

speedsnake74
19th February 2009, 00:56
Not quite sure,our Hungarian members will know better.

sorry hope that question did not sound like I thought you were from hungary, I do know my flags, and my best friend lived in split for a year, so I especially know yours !

urabus-denoS2000
19th February 2009, 07:55
No,no,no,no I didnt think that ! ;)

urabus-denoS2000
19th February 2009, 08:37
In Croatia you have the group S which basically means anything goes (the previous Open Rally Challenge-ORC if you read about it)
Low starting fees and no HANS required

speedsnake74
19th February 2009, 10:32
I competed in the Spanish National Gravel championship in 04/05
http://www.rallyesdetierra.com

very good championship - lots of competition and professional cars

sordo
sola
gomez
Pons

calm competicio
RMC
etc etc

anything from a group n car with a 34mm restrictor to a WRC car to a mid engine 4 wheel drive ibiza !!!

looking for something similar

whats the story in france someone please

french gravel ??

Wim_Impreza
19th February 2009, 11:45
I can't help you with France, but if you want to drive a rally in Belgium or the Netherlands, contact Geert Grooten please: [email:3b1uvbg9]geert.grooten@pandora.be[/email:3b1uvbg9]

speedsnake74
19th February 2009, 12:52
I can't help you with France, but if you want to drive a rally in Belgium or the Netherlands, contact Geert Grooten please: [email:1mpmf074]geert.grooten@pandora.be[/email:1mpmf074]

gravel ? in belgium and the netherlands - really ?

Wim_Impreza
19th February 2009, 18:04
We have in Belgium one rally where there is 28 % gravel, the 'Sezoensrally' in Bocholt on Saturday 23 May, which counts for the Belgian championship, Dutch championship and the Euro Rally Challenge this year. This is the only possibility with gravel.

Jarek Z
19th February 2009, 19:18
whats the story in france someone please
french gravel ??

I know that WRCs are allowed in French gravel championship. Also some prototypes seem to be allowed (Citroen Saxo T4 (4WD) was competing a few years ago), but I'm not sure if they will allow anything stronger than a WRC car. We need a confirmation from someone from France.

Hey, why don't you show us some pictures of your car? ;)

speedsnake74
19th February 2009, 21:16
I know that WRCs are allowed in French gravel championship. Also some prototypes seem to be allowed (Citroen Saxo T4 (4WD) was competing a few years ago), but I'm not sure if they will allow anything stronger than a WRC car. We need a confirmation from someone from France.

Hey, why don't you show us some pictures of your car? ;)

Nothing in poland then !

this one is from back in 07 - pretty standard back then..

speedsnake74
19th February 2009, 21:22
this one is from last summer in MAINE

Leading the rally and 5 seconds up on Niall Mcshea, I broke the gear lever off in my hand while changing into 5th not long before the pic was snapped...

doin anything I can not to have to change down !!!!!

Jarek Z
20th February 2009, 20:25
Nothing in poland then !

In Poland with such car you can only compete in hillcliming championship, but I don't think that is what you are looking for. Thanks for the photos!

cinderella
21st February 2009, 13:25
Don't think this modified car is elegible to enter french events.

Steve Boyd
22nd February 2009, 16:18
To compete in UK the car will need to comply with UK national regulations (http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/contentviewarticle.asp?article=646). The relevant sections are C(b) and H. Comliance with C(b) should not be a problem as these are basically the FIA vehicle safety requirements, although there are national requirements for noise and vehicle log books. You should be aware that section H, specifically article H.270 requires turbo petrol engines of 2000 to 2500 cm³ to be fitted with a 32 mm dia inlet restrictor, which may involve you some re-mapping if this is different to what you already have. For those National status events where foreign participation (NEAFP) has been authorised you may enter with a wide selection of European competition licences, otherwise you will need to obtain a UK licence.

Eyvind
27th February 2009, 07:14
Andrew, why not go back to Spain?

speedsnake74
27th February 2009, 11:20
Andrew, why not go back to Spain?

"I have a car to compete in the Rallyes de tierra -spanish gravel championship
and would like to find some more euro rallyes where i could use the same car"

I am.....

Im working on a plan to bring this car down from london to spain in april and do some rallies later this year, but was feeling adventurous and wanted to do some others in europe aswell

I have a group N car also so I could do stuff in that but after 2 years of open rules in spain followed by 3 years of American OPEN class the group N car feels very Boring !!!!

looks like there is nowhere else to run it though apart from Jamaica !! :)

ap.

Eyvind
27th February 2009, 12:34
Great !

In 2005 were going very fast. I saw you win a rally in León.

We are happy that you're going to compete again in Spain :)

speedsnake74
28th February 2009, 18:18
I spoke to someone yesterday who mentioned a rule change in the Finish rally championship to some sort of open class......

Anyone know anything about this

I'd love to go up there and get my ass KICKED !!!!!!

Eyvind
4th March 2009, 07:38
First entries of the Spanish gravel championship...

Xavier Pons (Evo IX)
Yeray Lemes (Evo IX)
Dani Sola (C2 4x4 proto)
Brice Tirabassi (Subaru N14)
Francisco Pardo (Subaru N14)
Jordi Marti (Evo IX)
Enrique Sevilla (Evo IX)
Alex Villanueva (Evo IX)

And RMC Challenge in 5 rounds... (10 Evo X Gr.N)