PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody here still use Friends Reunited?

Dave B
16th February 2009, 15:51
Personally I never really bothered with Friends Reunited, given that they used to charge for anything beyond the most basic access. By the time they'd realised that the subscription model was doomed, MySpace and Facebook were already miles ahead.

Poor old ITV payed well over the odds for FR, £175 million, back in 2005 when it seemed to be dead in the water; and now they are trying to offload it to reduce their crippling debt. Analysts reckon (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/feb/16/friends-reunited-worth-20m) it could be worth as little as £20 million now, with adeclining user base and little income from advertising.

So does anybody here still use it? Did you ever? Or have you migrated to other (better) social networking sites?

Hazell B
16th February 2009, 16:03
I've had a rash of FR members that were at school with me get in touch, but not bothered using it myself other than the original sticking up of my name.

Other sites, never used and can't be bothered starting with.

Frankly, aren't most people all 'friended up' by now?

inimitablestoo
16th February 2009, 18:59
I'm on there for my school and uni, but no one new has joined in about three or four years (well, several people from uni, but none from my course). I still get the updates, but tend to use Bookface these days.

Although I was tempted by Friendface :D

Mark
16th February 2009, 19:27
Friendface is the best!

MrJan
16th February 2009, 20:31
I was on it ages back, although only for the purpose of posting stupid pictures on my school's page :D They missed the boat when Facebook came along and FR was still charging if you wanted to get in contact.

steve_spackman
16th February 2009, 20:54
i signed up for it years ago.Paid for a year, but didnt bother after. I signed up on Facebook, and found alot of work and school mates there.

Mark
17th February 2009, 09:05
No, it's completely pointless now. Facebook has blown it away!

It was the first type of site of its kind but it didn't keep up with the times, didn't add enough features and they wanted to charge you money; which is a massive barrier to participation, any charge, even 1p will stop people joining. And that's what facebook has, a massive amount of members