PDA

View Full Version : Woooooohooooooooo!!!!! Bud Shootout

slorydn1
8th February 2009, 03:18
Looks like I'm gonna need a little more room in my signature line...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Mark in Oshawa
8th February 2009, 03:22
Just finished watching the first NASCAR Cup race of the year. Kevin Harvick pulls the first race out in a wild finish. How he managed to have the momentum to do what he did from the exit of 2 to the trioval was just amazing! Everyone was doing simliar moves most of the night and I saw things 4 wide at times.

If this is any indication, the 500 might be a wild one.

Some notes: Jr. loves to run up front, and I can see why. The minute he was in the back, there seems to be a magnet that sucks other people into him. Jeff Gordon better get a better car for the 500 if he wants to win since he was able to push, but never lead. It was good to see Bobby Labonte running well but his luck sucked. Jamie McMurray is a favourite for SURE for the 500 but he needs some love from his Roush mates. Lastly, the dude in the 14 looks like he may be rejuvenated. Most driver owners usually end up basket cases with ulcers. Tony looks like this was something he should have done a few years ago. OF course, no one thought Tony owning a team was really within the realm of possiblity, likely including Tony.

harvick#1
8th February 2009, 03:22
mmhhmm

Mark in Oshawa
8th February 2009, 03:23
Slory..your boy has gold plated horseshoes in his shorts I think. To lose the draft twice and then do what he did in the last laps was pretty darned amazing. He dodged a lot of bullets tonight..unlike my man Jr.

harvick#1
8th February 2009, 03:28
I really wish Cat withdrew their sponsorship from the 31, those ******* lay off 22,000 employees (me including) and they still waste 30Million to sponsor a vehicle

muggle not
8th February 2009, 03:28
Naw, Bobby C called it a few years ago when he stated that Tony would be an owner/driver.

Jeff Gordon drove pretty well tonight. Harvick will be a force to be reckoned with this year, he now knows how to keep the car in contention. Kenseth drove like a rookie.

muggle not
8th February 2009, 03:29
I really wish Cat withdrew their sponsorship from the 31, those ******* lay off 22,000 employees (me including) and they still waste 30Million to sponsor a vehicle
Sorry harv, didn't know that you got the papers. Hang in there.

slorydn1
8th February 2009, 03:31
Lucky horseshoe is right. And, he owes this one to the 11, Denny gave him a HUGE push down the backstretch!
Looked almost Exactly like the 07 500

Jonesi
8th February 2009, 03:32
Tentative finish:
29 KEVIN HARVICK
26 JAMIE McMURRAY
14 TONY STEWART
24 JEFF GORDON
44 AJ ALLMENDINGER
9 KASEY KAHNE
99 CARL EDWARDS
2 KURT BUSCH
17 MATT KENSETH
18 KYLE BUSCH
98 PAUL MENARD
83 BRIAN VICKERS
11 DENNY HAMLIN
48 JIMMIE JOHNSON
07 CASEY MEARS
12 DAVID STREMME
16 GREG BIFFLE
88 DALE EARNHARDT JR
96 BOBBY LABONTE
00 DAVID REUTIMANN
19 ELLIOTT SADLER
55 MICHAEL WALTRIP
43 REED SORENSON
31 JEFF BURTON
82 SCOTT SPEED
6 DAVID RAGAN
7 ROBBY GORDON
20 JOEY L0GANO

Mark in Oshawa
8th February 2009, 04:02
Harvick, losing your job sucks but the first rule of any business is you hang onto promotion and advertising in a tough economic situation. IT is no different than the Big 3 staying invovled in NASCAR.

Get your CDL...you wont starve to death driving a rig. Of course you might just forget where home is...l

Mark in Oshawa
8th February 2009, 04:03
Nice 5th place by the Dinger.......top Mopar!!! He is my honoury Canadian this year since he has Carpentier's old ride and is married to the ex Miss Molson Indy from a few years back...

willracefan
8th February 2009, 04:30
well that was unexpected. i didnt think he had a chance with how he was out of the draft and especially when he was 10 seconds back. i actually did think he could win however right before that last caution. i think there's something about that paint scheme when it shows up at those big events such as this one. i mean its already won at the 500 and the all star race. now it wins this one. nice way to start the year off. :D

and come on yeah hamlin pushed him for the win, but dont use that against harvick. harvick looked clearly to me like he was faster in those final laps i mean when that caution came out he looked like he was trying to rechallenge for the front.

i would have came on sooner but was watching a thrilling mavs-bulls game. at least my team pulled it out. :)

harvick#1
8th February 2009, 04:38
thanks mark, appreciate the kind words

anyways, I missed a Harvick win, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH thought the race was on Speed so I didn't bother. starting the year off great though

harvick#1
8th February 2009, 04:52
Sorry harv, didn't know that you got the papers. Hang in there.

thanks muggle :beer: I dont lose the job until April

Mark in Oshawa
8th February 2009, 05:11
thanks mark, appreciate the kind words

anyways, I missed a Harvick win, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH thought the race was on Speed so I didn't bother. starting the year off great though

He looked like he didn't care until the last lap dude.....lost the draft twice. Of course, that is what kept him out of some of the wrecks. I guess it was the Carl Edwards or Jimmie Johnson strategy from Dega last fall that he was trying....

harvick#1
8th February 2009, 05:20
yeah just saw on nascar.com the final laps, look very reminisent to the 07 500 finish

except for edwards at Dega last year, he road in the back all day only to drive into the top 5 to wreck everyone included his own teammate

willracefan
8th February 2009, 05:39
not to mention harvick how he spun coming off of pit road in that race. i wouldnt call that a strategy. an edwards strategy but not a harvick. im actually picking edwards to win the 500 just for the heck of it. i never get the winner right anyways and i dont wanna jinx harv.

52Paddy
8th February 2009, 15:02
Just watched a few highlight videos from the Bud Shootout. Some good footage of the wreckages but too little to follow the race with. Are there any streamed videos available on the internet of the NASCAR races this season?

And how about EPSN? We get EPSN here late at night, as it partners Setanta Sports (or Setanta possibly own them.) But I didn't find any listings for the Bud Shootout. NASN used to show the NASCAR if I remember correctly.

philipbain
8th February 2009, 19:37
The Bud Shootout was an excellent appetiser for the season ahead, some great racing, incidents and a classic NASCAR all or nothing green / white / checker with a mass shunt on the last lap, it's only been a little over 2 months since the 2008 season finished but boy i'm glad it's back!

tstran17_88
8th February 2009, 20:25
Kenseth drove like a rookie.As well as the cupcake that drives the #24 Dupont Chevy when he took out Biffle!

MD24
9th February 2009, 02:17
Sorry to hear, I hope things pick up for you

I missed a Harvick win, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH thought the race was on Speed so I didn't bother. starting the year off great though
That's too bad you missed Harvick's win, more then likely his only one this year :)

harvick#1
9th February 2009, 02:41
mmhhmm, good to see you again MD.

just remember, its 1-0 right now :D

I'll be fine, if congress wants to stop messing around and do something for once

muggle not
9th February 2009, 03:27
Mark my word, this will be the year for Harvick. I think they may finally have a little more HP and Kevin will be a contender. So will Jeff Gordon. :D

Shifter
9th February 2009, 15:47
It's quite amazing to me how many wrecked cars a QUALIFYING session produced :)

Wade91
10th February 2009, 09:19
the Bud shootout was a very exciting race :D

RaceFanStan
10th February 2009, 23:54
Mark my word, this will be the year for Harvick. I think they may finally have a little more HP and Kevin will be a contender. So will Jeff Gordon. :D
I think the biggest contenders will come from the Hendrick, Gibbs & Roush camps.
Hendrick, Gibbs & Roush cars have plenty of horsepower along with great handling ...
Hendrick has great driving talents with Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Jimmie Johnson & Dale Jr ...
Gibbs has great driving talents with Kyle Busch & Denny Hamlin ...
Roush has great driving talents with Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth & Greg Biffle ...
IMO those 9 drivers will be the biggest contenders in 2009.

(Gibbs - 2009 will be a learning year for Logano, yet he could have some inconsistant success.)
(Roush - McMurray & Ragan may show some flash this year but we will just have to wait & see)
(I think Childress will be the same as 2008, some flash but also inconsistant.)

harvick#1
11th February 2009, 06:12
RCR inconsistent, what harvick has 13 top 10's in the final 16 races. RCR was also the only team to have all three drivers in the top 6 in the final points.

all thats needed is more power from RCR and they will be tough.

Gibbs may have talent, but there is alot of ego inbetween Hamlin and Busch. I'm thinking McMurray is gonna have a break out year for Roush as well

muggle not
11th February 2009, 14:43
All of the Hendrick stable will be tough. Edwardfs and maybe Biffle will do well for Roush and also maybe McMurray. Hamlin and Busch could have problems as their attitudes may get them in trouble. I look for RCR to gain ground with HP and kevin and Burton to shine, especially Harvick.

My picks......Harvick, Edwards, Gordon, and Johnson......a tossup, take your pick of the four.