View Full Version : Alonso not happy

miksu
8th February 2007, 19:35
i didnt see this one coming:

"When asked what he liked best about his car, Alonso joked: "The colours.""

read the rest: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56651

miksu
8th February 2007, 19:46
And today he was reported leaving the track side just after few laps, saying nothing to the reporters. weird behavior i say :S

Big Ben
8th February 2007, 20:02
He also said something like... there s a lot of work still to be done... The same thing goes for the rest of the teams.

GridGirl
8th February 2007, 20:27
He had a nice cushy drive at renault, he knew every one and they knew how he liked to work. It must take time to adjust to working with a new team. You build up relationships with your engineers over time. I'd give it a bit longer before jumping to conclusions about his thoughts about the team or the car.

Tazio
8th February 2007, 20:48
I wouldn't take too much out of this story!
I think fred is bound to have a mercenary career!
Which is fine. I suspect he will snipe every team that employs him!
I don't believe we have heard 1/2 the bitching he will do before the seasons over.
G.G I think that his time at renault was not always that cushy!
After all at one part of last season he acused his team of conspireing to sabatage his season!
He just has a habit of not caring who he pisses off!
I don't think these latest coments are going to make Ron blush with glee!

futuretiger9
8th February 2007, 20:54
Perhaps Alonso is just sounding a note of caution, to guard against complacency within the team, although there's little danger of that in an organisation like McLaren. The comments remind me of those which Ayrton Senna used to make at McLaren, using a bit of psychology with the team and also his opponents.

Cozzie
8th February 2007, 21:36
Don't worry he will stand on the top step of the podium more times than he bitches in public in '07!

samuratt
8th February 2007, 22:33
Don't worry he will stand on the top step of the podium more times than he bitches in public in '07!

I hope so! :D

andreag
8th February 2007, 23:00
Autosport just took a part of the interview; in fact, Fernando said much more things:

http://www.worldmotorsport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=193849#post193849

Anyway, saying McLaren isn't ready to win is what he should say after so good results on Valencia and Jerez tests. He didn't quit test today after nine laps angry with the team; they stop after it was clear rain will continue until tomorrow (it makes no sense spending so much test time under wet conditions, and the team have to be ready monday morning at Montmelo).

At least, even as he says want he thinks, and he has a complete lack of tact, it's more amusing to read his interviews, specially compared with Kimi's ones ("Wait and see").

For those speaking (or understanding) spanish, here's the interview:

http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/reproductor_video.htm?idSkin=218&urlVideo=mms://media.telecinco.es/telecinco/informativos/informativos_ba/070208alonso.wmv

K-Pu
9th February 2007, 01:36
Alonso would explode if he doesn´t say horrible things about his present team, no matter what team.

And after that he sees the light and realizes he was wrong. Last season he said his team was agianst him, and after all he had to thank them for the great job they did. And without that, he wouldn´t have won a thing.

But, as I said before, he would reach critical mass if his mout keeps closed.

mstillhere
9th February 2007, 03:53
How about is.....pretacticts? I personally don't think so (after all that bragging) but, what if?
PS I wonder if Hill still thinks that Alonso did the right move

leopard
9th February 2007, 04:22
Perhaps Alonso is just sounding a note of caution, to guard against complacency within the team, although there's little danger of that in an organisation like McLaren. The comments remind me of those which Ayrton Senna used to make at McLaren, using a bit of psychology with the team and also his opponents.

Note of caution, agree, the season hasn't began yet instead of negative effect from this kind or comment will give the team alert that hiring a world champion is not guarantee they will win the title if not supported by a reliable car and solid team-work, not only psichologically constructive for the team but it also switch burden of being winner to his opponents.

i think that comment is better than if he said like: "Mclaren is the best car and ready to defeat regularly its opponents"

wmcot
9th February 2007, 05:47
PS I wonder if Hill still thinks that Alonso did the right move

I wonder if Hill thinks that Ron made the right move???

It sounds like Alonso might be getting a little claustrophobic in the McLaren environment...time will tell.

VresiBerba
9th February 2007, 10:44
I don't understand a thing. What makes you think Alonso is not happy :confused:

Storm
9th February 2007, 10:53
I wonder why anybody is bothered by what Hill thinks ? :)

Erki
9th February 2007, 11:01
"I don't know what to say. The times have been good and people are following us closely but the car, it's not even close to ready for Australia and time is running out," the McLaren driver told Spanish network Telecinco during testing at Jerez.
Gaaaaa! Mommmy I want hooome! :bigcry:

"Ferrari are looking very good and Renault will start the year well, but they will get worse, as usual."

When asked what he liked best about his car, Alonso joked: "The colours."
:confused:

It's going to be fun to see how big his head will grow. He's lucky he's driving open top cars, otherwise he would have problems fitting in. :D

VresiBerba
9th February 2007, 11:11
Gaaaaa! Mommmy I want hooome! :bigcry:

Ehh :confused:

Erki
9th February 2007, 11:22
Ehh :confused:

Whining.

VresiBerba
9th February 2007, 11:39
Whining.

About what :confused: Forgive my repetitive use of the confusing smilie, but I can't possibly figure out what Alonso is whining about :confused:

tinchote
9th February 2007, 12:00
I don't see where's the big fuzz coming from. In the interview FA is relaxed, and he explains that he feels their schedule is tight to have the car ready for the first race. He never explains why.

Not a big deal, IMO.

Donney
9th February 2007, 12:08
He also said he is very happy with the team and with the working environment. He added that the engine is good and reliable and with two or three improvements in certain aspects it would be perfect.

In my book that's not bitching or complaining but what do I know.

tinchote
9th February 2007, 12:17
He also said he is very happy with the team and with the working environment. He added that the engine is good and reliable and with two or three improvements in certain aspects it would be perfect.

In my book that's not bitching or complaining but what do I know.

Yeah, you reminded me with that, he was asked what was different with respect to Renault, and he answered that everything was better at Mac.

fly_ac
9th February 2007, 12:28
I wonder why anybody is bothered by what Hill thinks ? :)

:up:

ArrowsFA1
9th February 2007, 12:32
About what :confused: Forgive my repetitive use of the confusing smilie, but I can't possibly figure out what Alonso is whining about :confused:
Me neither :crazy:

Erki
9th February 2007, 12:41
Maybe I'm just too sensitive then. :o

andreag
9th February 2007, 13:10
I don't see where's the big fuzz coming from.
Autosport article didn't express the mood of the interview; it was a partial translation of the AS first article about the TV interview, and not of the interview itself. Look how those who could understand the video showed a slightly different opinion about what is said there.

In the interview FA is relaxed, and he explains that he feels their schedule is tight to have the car ready for the first race.
You see? In fact what he said is just the car is not yet ready to win a race; but what car is ready to win in the middle of the pre-season, with 5 weeks to go?

I see this phrase like a way to say there's a lot of work to do; test times were good, but this is not enough, as other teams will continue improving their cars.

He never explains why.
In fact he did it, but it's not on the video from Telecinco's page (it was in the full interview showed on TV, but I couldn't find this video).

But AS published today some more details:

http://www.as.com/articulo/motor/McLaren/listo/ganar/dasmotB00/20070209dasdaimot_1/Tes/

"Al coche le falta agarre de delante, en mitad de curva se va de morro, le falta tracción y un pelín más de motor. Es muy fiable, pero necesita un poco de potencia para estar a la altura de los mejores".

To make a long story short, he mentioned lack of grid in the front, oversteering, and the need of more traction and more power. And he said the car is quite reliable.

Tipical comments from a concerned driver on pre-season.

tinchote
9th February 2007, 14:53
"Al coche le falta agarre de delante, en mitad de curva se va de morro, le falta tracción y un pelín más de motor. Es muy fiable, pero necesita un poco de potencia para estar a la altura de los mejores".

To make a long story short, he mentioned lack of grid in the front, oversteering, and the need of more traction and more power. And he said the car is quite reliable.

Tipical comments from a concerned driver on pre-season.

Anyway, it would be interesting to know what comparison he is doing with the other cars. Because a racing car being fast or not is not an absolute measure, but rather a comparison with the others. How much info do they have on their competition's performance?

jso1985
9th February 2007, 20:32
God I hate pre-season! when a driver says a light comment and every on the forum takes it as he hates the team, thinks the team principal is gay and Bernie Ecclestone is to blame with global warming.

Alonso just made some comments about the car, making it note that it isn't perfect doesn't mean he's not happy with the car, if he jokes that the colours are the best in the car(terrible taste eh? :s :p : ) why on earth that should mean he's not happy or that he's regreting the move?

Ian McC
9th February 2007, 20:48
Indeed, his comments seem just fine to me :) Nice to see an honest opinion of where they are right now.

Scuderia ferrari
9th February 2007, 21:32
My, how many of thse messages have we seen, in my oppion, he has slid down the rankings with stupid uncessary comments like this. He is cocky and big headed, and i just shouted "shut your face" at my computer screen when he said about renault going down hill "as always" there is something wrong with him at the matter, and i don't like his body langauge one little bit.

Big Ben
9th February 2007, 21:51
My, how many of thse messages have we seen, in my oppion, he has slid down the rankings with stupid uncessary comments like this. He is cocky and big headed, and i just shouted "shut your face" at my computer screen when he said about renault going down hill "as always" there is something wrong with him at the matter, and i don't like his body langauge one little bit.

So would you deny that reanault starts well and gets worse during the season...? I mean... that was the story for the last two years

mstillhere
9th February 2007, 22:16
[quote=" You see? In fact what he said is just the car is not ready to win a race"]

Did not Alonso also say that the only thing he liked about the car was only it's colors, or that was also misiterpreted by the press?
As Scuderia said, why in the world you have to say anything that crosses your mind to the press?

As soon as things won't go his way, he'll do the same thing he did and is doing with Renault, he'll start further bad mouthing his current team. But that, of course it's not going to surprise me.

Big Ben
9th February 2007, 22:31
Did not Alonso also say that the only thing he liked about the car was only it's colors, or that was also misiterpreted by the press?
As Scuderia said, why in the world you have to say anything that crosses your mind to the press?

As soon as things won't go his way, he'll do the same thing he did and is doing with Renault, he'll start further bad mouthing his current team. But that, of course it's not going to surprise me.

Meanwhile your post is quite a surprise.
SO.... will you tell me now about that misterious spaniard or not?

andreag
9th February 2007, 22:59
Of course he didn't said that.

He said the car was fast, he said the car was reliable, he pointed some aspects of the car they have to improve, and after that (to the question "What do you like the best of the car?"), he said laughing "The colours?" (look at the question mark).

He was clearly joking to the journalist; they've playng this game for years.

Anybody would expect a driver telling everyone what are the strongest points of his car?

At least Fernando answers questions with other words than "wait and see".

mstillhere
10th February 2007, 02:48
Meanwhile your post is quite a surprise.

No, please, what is shocklinly surprising is your comment. Totally unaspected.

mstillhere
10th February 2007, 02:54
Of course he didn't said that.

He said the car was fast, he said the car was reliable, he pointed some aspects of the car they have to improve, and after that (to the question "What do you like the best of the car?"), he said laughing "The colours?" (look at the question mark).

He was clearly joking to the journalist; they've playng this game for years.

Anybody would expect a driver telling everyone what are the strongest points of his car?

At least Fernando answers questions with other words than "wait and see".

Look, I want to believe you, but you are pretty much one of the very few who is sticking up for FA (which I find admirable, btw) and to this version of the story. I think, for future reference, the Spanish media should do a better job, in releasing news concerning Alonso. Although, I still have my reservations.

tinchote
10th February 2007, 03:02
Look, I want to believe you, but you are pretty much one of the very few who is sticking up for FA (which I find admirable, btw) and to this version of the story. I think, for future reference, the Spanish media should do a better job, in releasing news concerning Alonso. Although, I still have my reservations.

The link to the interview is up there for anyone to listen. If your Spanish is not good enough, get someone who can translate it for you. I don't see any Spanish speaker in this thread supporting the "dramatic headline" view. If you choose to believe the isolated written excerpts of an interview instead of what native speakers are telling about the whole spoken thing, it doesn't look like you are really trying to get to the bottom of it.

mstillhere
10th February 2007, 03:34
The link to the interview is up there for anyone to listen. If your Spanish is not good enough, get someone who can translate it for you. I don't see any Spanish speaker in this thread supporting the "dramatic headline" view. If you choose to believe the isolated written excerpts of an interview instead of what native speakers are telling about the whole spoken thing, it doesn't look like you are really trying to get to the bottom of it.

Why don't you check this web site, my dear friend:
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/09022007/23/alonso-best-thing-mp4-22-colour.html
It is either my Spanish (and the one of many other journalists around the world) that's very bad or that you are so embarassed and upset by what your hero has said, that you come out and insult me and everyone else in the world (in any language btw, my dear friend) trying to deny what is out in the open, all over the news and all over the world.
And btw, my dear friend, DON"T forget, if you were to CAREFULLY read my original post (on the first page), that I was mentioning the possibility that none of it is true and that Alsonso and De la Rosa (the list is getting longer), now are saying that their car still needs major improvements in several different areas (I dare you denying he said that and far, of course, different tone from the tryumphant statements of the early days)) as part of preseason tactics. Relax man and......read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.

tinchote
10th February 2007, 06:20
It is either my Spanish (and the one of many other journalists around the world) that's very bad or that you are so embarassed and upset by what your hero has said, that you come out and insult me and everyone else in the world (in any language btw, my dear friend) trying to deny what is out in the open, all over the news and all over the world.
And btw, my dear friend, DON"T forget, if you were to CAREFULLY read my original post (on the first page), that I was mentioning the possibility that none of it is true and that Alsonso and De la Rosa (the list is getting longer), now are saying that their car still needs major improvements in several different areas (I dare you denying he said that and far, of course, different tone from the tryumphant statements of the early days)) as part of preseason tactics. Relax man and......read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.

The article you link to, definitely does not reflect the tone of the interview, although the phrases are taken from there.

Besides, the fact that you call FA my hero, denotes two things: first, that your argument line is weak; second, that you have no idea what you are talking about. Before calling me that, inform yourself a little, please.

VresiBerba
10th February 2007, 08:02

Christ :eek: Talk about cluless.

fly_ac
10th February 2007, 08:16
Christ :eek: Talk about cluless.

got the same feeling on that one. :rolleyes:

Donney
10th February 2007, 09:28

Exactly :up:

andreag
10th February 2007, 13:06
Look, I want to believe you, but you are pretty much one of the very few who is sticking up for FA (which I find admirable, btw) and to this version of the story.
If you really want to believe, just do it. The very few of us defending this "version" of the story, are the ones who had the chance to listen (and understand) the entire interview (or almost the short version I linked to).

There's the interview aired on TV (it lasted over 3 minutes), then the short version Telecinco published on its web, and then the even shorter written mini-article reflected by some spanish sport newspapers (basically AS and Marca); this mini-article came from an agency, as every media published identical words.

After watching the full interview (it's a pity I couldn't record it, and I haven't find it on the net), when I read the news about it on the press I thought to myself what different it was from the original, but being an aired original, I never thought other media could reflect the short pathetic written version instead of the entire original (which should be easy to get for a journalist).

But I was wrong, as a lot of "would be" journalists took the easy way of copying the press release, to paste it on their media, without taking the time to check the original. In fact I'm spending much more time explaining it on this Forum than what the would need to reflect the real interview.

I think, for future reference, the Spanish media should do a better job, in releasing news concerning Alonso. Although, I still have my reservations.
Don't limit to a nationality, as every one did the same (spanish or not spanish). Telecinco (a spanish media) was the one who released (aired) the new (interview); after them, the rest did a poor job.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/09022007/...22-colour.html
I've check it, and it's not accurate. Even is putting in Alonso's words that Honda is one of the serious contenders, and what he really said was "Honda is worst than they say they are". The rest is the same text every media took from the agency release, and not the original interview.

A million ("would be") journalists can publish the same, as the have read the same source. It's that source what isn't right, but it's their fault not checking what they've read. Nobody is insulting anyone here; we're just trying to explain something very easy to check (just listen to the original interview).

Relax man and......read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.Read my post.
Please, read ours.

andreag
10th February 2007, 13:30
Sorry for posting again, but I've just found a video with a little bit more of the original interview (putting togheter the other video and this one, we have about a 70% of the interview).

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpicb5UmjI

And of course he doesn't really say the car isn't good (in fact he said its very good).

mstillhere
10th February 2007, 23:18
[quote: The article you link to, definitely does not reflect the tone of the interview,.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say, man. Whatever you say.

mstillhere
10th February 2007, 23:31
Sorry for posting again, but I've just found a video with a little bit more of the original interview (putting togheter the other video and this one, we have about a 70% of the interview).

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpicb5UmjI

And of course he doesn't really say the car isn't good (in fact he said its very good).

Mentiroso. He does not only say that the car is very good, I heard him mentioning at least 4 or 5 areas that need to be improved before getting to Melbourne. Among other things, he mentioned that the engine, although reliable, needs more power, the car needs more traction, and so on. True he does not look like he is too worried but from here into saying that he says the car is very good I don't know. Actually, you know what? I think you are right. They should leave the car as "good" as it is now so that Ferrari can crash McLaren very easily every single time.
PS Did I get an "A" in Spanish?

andreag
11th February 2007, 03:44
PS Did I get an "A" in Spanish?
Of course you don't.

First of all he said it very clear "the car is very good", and he add "but there's still more work to do". When the journalist ask him what should be improved, he talk about traction, and the rest (look back, I posted in detail two or three days ago).

And what really shows you can get a "F" in Spanish (never an "A") is the first word of your answer.

"Mentiroso" is the way to call "liar" in spanish to a male (substantives, adjetives, adverbs and participes have a gender in languages based on latin).

So you should call me "mentirosa" if you want to say I'm a liar.

But you have two alternatives:

- Change my sex and make me a man, so you can use male words refering to me.

- Accept what I'm saying as truth, and so you don't need to call me anything.

You choose.

mstillhere
11th February 2007, 04:24
Of course you don't.

First of all he said it very clear "the car is very good", and he add "but there's still more work to do". When the journalist ask him what should be improved, he talk about traction, and the rest (look back, I posted in detail two or three days ago).

And what really shows you can get a "F" in Spanish (never an "A") is the first word of your answer.

"Mentiroso" is the way to call "liar" in spanish to a male (substantives, adjetives, adverbs and participes have a gender in languages based on latin).

So you should call me "mentirosa" if you want to say I'm a liar.

But you have two alternatives:

- Change my sex and make me a man, so you can use male words refering to me.

- Accept what I'm saying as truth, and so you don't need to call me anything.

You choose.

This thing is getting old. This is the bottom of line:
1. the news come out the Spanish news media that Alonso is not happy with his new car. They were picked up by the international media (not just by me) as they made big news because Alonso went from praising the incredible qualities of his new car on the early days to: this car is not ready to win, we are running out of time and there are so many things to upgrade/fix whatever.
You and a couple of other guys are the only ones who are disputing these news and on this board your saying that we HAVE to believe you because YOU are the only ones who speack Spanish (which, btw, is not like some kind of obscure language. Where I live is pretty common.) and hence the only ones who know exactly what's going on. Question: would not you say that you cannot be considered the most credible source of information, just because of your bias?
2. As I said before, I whish that Alonso and Co. would leave the car as "good" as it is now, so that they'll be always watching the Ferraris from behind. (Of course then I have to hear that Ferrari are ahead because they are cheating and blah, blah, blah rather than being honest and saying: boy, was not our car a killer car during the tests in Spain? I guess we did not know what we were doing).
Anyway, this is the last time I talk about this, obviously I am not going to convince you nor you are going to convince me. Besides, if we were talking about my HERO, I would defend him exactly or maybe more fiercely than you are defending FA. Bueno, hasta luego.

janneppi
11th February 2007, 09:02
I doubt there is a single driver who says their car is ready at this point. Everyone has technical difficulties, handling issues, tyre issues, etc. That doens't mean they believe the team is doomed.
It being off season, news papers need to get the stories where they can, if Alonso looks at Kimi during practise, he's obiously in love with him, if Kimi has sligthly different colour socks in one day, he's made a contract with Renault, if a Ferrari mechanic is watching a french program on tv, that is a confirmation that Jaques Villeneuve joins the team in the fourth race.

Silly monkeys...

Erki
11th February 2007, 10:21
if a Ferrari mechanic is watching a french program on tv, that is a confirmation that Jaques Villeneuve joins the team in the fourth race.

No, it means that the Ferrari mechanic goes to Peugeot's Le Mans program to work with JV. :)
Marc Gene is already there waiting for him/her too.

tinchote
11th February 2007, 11:29
Whatever you say, man. Whatever you say.

Of course.

futuretiger9
11th February 2007, 11:42
It could be argued that as a double world champion, and following Schumi's retirement, Alonso is now the figurehead of Formula 1. Maybe he feels that he has to make these statements, to fulfill his obligations, and appear profound in some way.

Tazio
11th February 2007, 19:02
It could be argued that as a double world champion, and following Schumi's retirement, Alonso is now the figurehead of Formula 1. Maybe he feels that he has to make these statements, to fulfill his obligations, and appear profound in some way.

That may well be true!
I think the problem most informed observers would have with that line of reasoning, is that Alonso is a great Racer/Driver/Competitor. Few would argue that his technical input is "profound" (not even Fred) I would be impressed with him making a comment like " Being so rough on my front tires, with my aggressive turning style. I believe the Mclaren suits my style as its package is generally considered the kindest to its rubber"!

Big Ben
11th February 2007, 19:20
This thing is getting old. This is the bottom of line:
1. the news come out the Spanish news media that Alonso is not happy with his new car. They were picked up by the international media (not just by me) as they made big news because Alonso went from praising the incredible qualities of his new car on the early days to: this car is not ready to win, we are running out of time and there are so many things to upgrade/fix whatever.
You and a couple of other guys are the only ones who are disputing these news and on this board your saying that we HAVE to believe you because YOU are the only ones who speack Spanish (which, btw, is not like some kind of obscure language. Where I live is pretty common.) and hence the only ones who know exactly what's going on. Question: would not you say that you cannot be considered the most credible source of information, just because of your bias?
2. As I said before, I whish that Alonso and Co. would leave the car as "good" as it is now, so that they'll be always watching the Ferraris from behind. (Of course then I have to hear that Ferrari are ahead because they are cheating and blah, blah, blah rather than being honest and saying: boy, was not our car a killer car during the tests in Spain? I guess we did not know what we were doing).
Anyway, this is the last time I talk about this, obviously I am not going to convince you nor you are going to convince me. Besides, if we were talking about my HERO, I would defend him exactly or maybe more fiercely than you are defending FA. Bueno, hasta luego.

You shouldn´t be so bitter just because MS couldn´t beat FA in a faster car. You should appreciate his skill and respect him for the good job he did. It`s pretty childish to hate him just because he won against your idol and try now to find all sorts of stories trying desperatley to prove what? He won the wdc fair and square. I can imagine how frustrating it is. Schu had everything he needed to win and he wasn´t able to handle a guy 12 years younger (or so), he was forced to leave Ferrari and proved again what kind of a man he is trying one of the most ridiculous manoeuvres ever seen in F1. Way to go champ. He was nothing but an incident between to great Champions.

I´ve seen before that you are able to translate anything so that it would sound the way you want. But there´s no doubt about this one. The car is not ready. There are things that should be improved. About the colours, it was a joke. but he´s confident and finds the car to be very good. he doesn´t trash anything, he doesn´t complain he just explains how they stand at the moment. Got that? so leave it like that and stop with the bull@@@@

jso1985
11th February 2007, 19:21
what I still don't get is where in the interview Alonso says he's not happy(the exact words), now if we gonna start making "he meant that" stuff I guess we're going nowhere cause every person can interpretate it in different ways.
To me Alonso just did some PR talking with a little bit honesty, if he's not happy with the car he's not gonna say it but when saying "the car is good but there's still lot to do" I don't see why we should interpretate it like he's not happy with the team.
Anyway we're going in circles now...

andreag
11th February 2007, 20:22
Few would argue that his technical input is "profound" (not even Fred) I would be impressed with him making a comment like " Being so rough on my front tires, with my aggressive turning style. I believe the Mclaren suits my style as its package is generally considered the kindest to its rubber"!
Maybe he doesn't say things like that to the press (specially to most of the sport journalists out there), but you can be sure he can say it (an how) to his engineers.

When he was in Renault, they used to talk about how deep he was involving in analizing technical aspects of the car to improve it.

Now he just arrived to McLaren, and Ron Dennis said exactly the same:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/formulaone/auto/35245/

So maybe he's showing some skills on this technical area (something the engineers love as make their work easier).

Tazio
11th February 2007, 21:00
Maybe he doesn't say things like that to the press (specially to most of the sport journalists out there), but you can be sure he can say it (an how) to his engineers.

When he was in Renault, they used to talk about how deep he was involving in analizing technical aspects of the car to improve it.

Now he just arrived to McLaren, and Ron Dennis said exactly the same:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/formulaone/auto/35245/

So maybe he's showing some skills on this technical area (something the engineers love as make their work easier).
You seem a little defensive! I've never said that I think Fred is stupid! nor did I disagree with futuretigers reasoning! I also don't think Alonso has to paraphrase every thing he says. Including the depth, and profundity of his technical interactions on the team. I just don't agree that alonso has had the type of exposure to his new team to be making profond statements in regaurd to it. The crux of my post was that I by myself have theorized that Mclaren may be the best package for Fred's driving style. Of course their are many other factor's! I’ve never heard Fred express this, or anyone else for that matter. I don't claim to be an authority. I live in San Diego, Ca. and have for 47 years. Of all my friends, and acquaintances none are interseted in F-1, and I’ve yet to meet the other 25 fans in So. Cal. that are. I come to this forum for interaction, and hopefully not of the hostile nature! I have a sense of humor. It may not always be appreciated (or understood). Now IMHO I think that Fred will mature into an all-around F1 great. I just see him as being a little weak in his people skills. I do thank you, and appreciate your input, and information!

mstillhere
11th February 2007, 23:58
You shouldn´t be so bitter just because MS couldn´t beat FA in a faster car.

That's easier said that done.

[/QUOTE]It`s pretty childish to hate him just because he won against your idol[/QUOTE]

I never said that I hate him. The point that I am trying to make is that the guy has a big mouth and has no grace. I always admire graciouness when it's coming for the winner. It gives him/her a special aura.

[/QUOTE]I´ve seen before that you are able to translate anything so that it would sound the way you want. But there´s no doubt about this one. The car is not ready. There are things that should be improved.[/QUOTE]

Well, thank you.

[/QUOTE]About the colours, it was a joke.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I saw it and red it too. I don't deny the obvious (unless is about MS :)

[/QUOTE] he doesn´t complain he just explains how they stand at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. I am having flash backs from last year, when he started critizing everybody (from Renault to Michelins) when the ground started shacking under his feet.

[/QUOTE]Got that? so leave it like that and stop with the bull@@@@
[/QUOTE]

Wow, if I would not know you better, you seem to be threatening me. I hope it's not too personal. Remember, it's just a game.

andreag
12th February 2007, 00:50
You seem a little defensive!
Trust me, I'm not. But I have a curious trend, I always go to the end, when I'm fighting for what I think it's truth and others seemed I'm defesive, or even sick (who's the sick one?).

I live in San Diego, Ca. and have for 47 years. Of all my friends, and acquaintances none are interseted in F-1, and I’ve yet to meet the other 25 fans in So. Cal. that are.
I've born in L.A., but I came to Spain when I was 10 days old. Even being in Europe, no one around me seemed to have any interest on F1; so I grew up even more isolated than you with your 25 fellow fans.

I do thank you, and appreciate your input, and information!
I love you too.

I don't know about that. I am having flash backs from last year, when he started critizing everybody (from Renault to Michelins) when the ground started shacking under his feet.
Great. You have to be the second person in the world (Flavio is the first one) who doesn't think Renault start the racing season on top, but sleep after that, and by mid-season is never the strongest team.

B.T.W.: I'm waiting for any apologize about you calling me man (if you don't yet realized, I'm a woman, but you've simply ignored my last message about it).

Tazio
12th February 2007, 01:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazio

Great. You have to be the second person in the world (Flavio is the first one) who doesn't think Renault start the racing season on top, but sleep after that, and by mid-season is never the strongest team.

B.T.W.: I'm waiting for any apologize about you calling me man (if you don't yet realized, I'm a woman, but you've simply ignored my last message about it).

Excuse me!!!!! Ms. Andeag

You must be confusing me for someone else as none of these are my words, nor did I ever refer to you as a man!
Now!
Who owes whom an apology?

andreag
12th February 2007, 01:14
Excuse me!!!!! Ms. Andeag

You must be confusing me for someone else as none of these are my words, nor did I ever refer to you as a man!
Now!
Who owes whom an apology?
I owed it, of course, but not from you.

In my message (read it and you'll realize) I've quoted you 3 times. But my last quotation wasn't to you, but to mstillhere, who addressed me as a man whe he tried to prove his skills in spanish language, and confused my sex (it's about eight or nine messages back).

I finished quoting you whit the phrase (mine) "I love you too".

Multiple quotation in the same message saves space.

Tazio
12th February 2007, 01:30
I owed it, of course, but not from you.

In my message (read it and you'll realize) I've quoted you 3 times. But my last quotation wasn't to you, but to mstillhere, who addressed me as a man whe he tried to prove his skills in spanish language, and confused my sex (it's about eight or nine messages back).

I finished quoting you whit the phrase (mine) "I love you too".

Multiple quotation in the same message saves space.

I'm sorry! really sorry!

andreag
12th February 2007, 01:43
I'm sorry! really sorry!
I've said before, I love you too; but you're really kind.

Tazio
12th February 2007, 01:50
I've said before, I love you too; but you're really kind.

PEACE!

mstillhere
12th February 2007, 03:52
[quote="
Great. You have to be the second person in the world (Flavio is the first one) who doesn't think Renault start the racing season on top, but sleep after that, and by mid-season is never the strongest team.[/QUOTE"]

Based on the Renault results in the past two years, I can think of a couple of teams that would have really wanted to be near to Renault (slow/sleepy) performance.

[quote="B.T.W.: I'm waiting for any apologize about you calling me man (if you don't yet realized, I'm a woman, but you've simply ignored my last message about it).
[/QUOTE"]

As far as apologizing to you, I did not mean to offend you personally. I mistook you to be a man in good faith. However, since I learned a long time ago to never argue with a woman, I wanted to say that I deeply, deeply, deeply regret having offended you, and for that I offer my sincerest apologies. Lo siento mucho. Apologies accepted? :)

andreag
12th February 2007, 13:10
I wanted to say that I deeply, deeply, deeply regret having offended you, and for that I offer my sincerest apologies. Lo siento mucho. Apologies accepted? :)
Of course. 100% accepted.

Big Ben
12th February 2007, 15:33
he doesn´t complain he just explains how they stand at the moment.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Got that? so leave it like that and stop with the bull@@@@
[/QUOTE]

Wow, if I would not know you better, you seem to be threatening me. I hope it's not too personal. Remember, it's just a game.[/QUOTE]

Relax.... no threatening... I was just pretending to be very serious. :) )
I can understand his attitude. I mean it's quite frustrating to spend half-season running for the second place, calculating how many points did he lose every gp, seeing the margin he had getting smaller and smaller, a colleague that gives him more trouble than help, FIA acting against them as often as possible, Michellin losing against rivals...etc etc... the same scenario for the second season in a raw... I can understand that.

13th February 2007, 08:06
Hello, Formula-1 Fanatic online Shop

http://www.martreby.fw.hu

DexDexter
13th February 2007, 10:14
I think Alonso is just trying to be as realistic as possible. Yes, they've been quick in testing, but so was Honda a few years ago and that didn't mean anything come the first race. Last year was very bad for Mac, and essentially they still have the same people in the design office...so...

ArrowsFA1
14th February 2007, 12:19
Alonso also clarified his comments from last week, when he said he felt McLaren was not yet ready to win and that the colours of his car was the thing he liked best.
"I said last week that the car was pretty good, but we had to improve some things, and it was interpreted like I said the car was very bad, and I also said that I liked the colours and it was interpreted like I said it was the only thing I liked," he added.
"I like the whole team and in the newspapers you only read what they want."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56742

F1boat
14th February 2007, 13:00
I think that once Damon Hill stated that the journalists are the most unpleasant part of F1.

ioan
14th February 2007, 13:01
Well he gets 1+ from me for those lines!

DimitraF1
14th February 2007, 23:00
i am a woman 2 :P lets rock