PDA

View Full Version : Doornbos denying reports of signed deal

MDS
3rd February 2009, 17:44
A report popped up in the Dutch media yesterday saying that Robert Doornbos had already signed with NHL. The response from is website was essentially, we're close but not yet.

Different news reporters suggest that Robert already has a contract signed in 2009, to go race for Newman Hass Lanigan. We gladly confirm negotiations with IRL teams are at the last stage themselves, but until an official press bulletin on this website appears, is there no deal. We hope that we can announce Bobby D's plans very rapidly. If everything goes according to plan, we will see Robert fighting next season in IRL for the championship. At this moment Robert's aim is at A1 Team Netherlands.Thankfully German and Dutch are very similar languages when written.

DBell
3rd February 2009, 21:05
I hope he still signs with someone, but this is starting to sound like Jos Verstappen with the rumors, the quotes on his personal website and the various deals in the works that never seem to come to pass.

Mark in Oshawa
4th February 2009, 01:03
I hope he comes over...but I agree with you Mr. Bell, this sounds like the ominious rumblings of Jos Verstappen a few years back.