PDA

View Full Version : Old BMW Williams promo video - "The Nail Test"

Giuseppe F1
1st February 2009, 19:33
This video was on the BMW.Williams F1 site a few years ago back in 2003/04ish just before the whole YouTube boom and I havent been able to find it since...It was a really impressive promo vid.

...was talking to a friend about it and he thinks I am just talking BS as the plot of the vid seems so inconceivable and kinda weird so I need anyone here who may have seen it here to back me up and so proof my sanity! Smiley

Basically - the promo vid was called 'The Nail Test' and was filmed on what looked to be either Barcelona or Jerez.

It begins by Juan Pablo and Ralf walking into a old bric-a-brac store and bying a big box of nails and then they walk the track, placing the nails standing up, just off of the perfect racing line...

...the video then shows them driving round the track in their BMW Williamses and driving the perfect lap, grazing the nails in parts yet never knocking them over....

....the finale shows Juan clip a final nail, it wobbles, yet it doesnt fall over so more a representation of him baing on the absolute limit.

The screen then fades into the BMW logo with the strapline:

"Its all about precision" - BMW - Sheer Driving Pleasure.

Did anyone out there EVER see this or better still, did anyone ever manage to save a copy?

Someone please proof to my mate that I am not insane, well at least not yet anyway!! Smiley