PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open

ShiftingGears
28th January 2009, 08:15
Who's going to win?

The semifinal lineup is as follows:

Federer vs Roddick

Verdasco vs Nadal or Simon

Anyone been watching? What are peoples thoughts on this Grand Slam?

Valve Bounce
28th January 2009, 12:07
I watched the Serena Williams vs Svetlana Kuznetsova match. Serena was simply awesome. She was down and all but out in the second set, but she clawed back from the jaws of disaster; the Russian was serving for the match :eek: Serena had heart, and she had courage.

The organisers were crazy. They made the above ladies play the first set in searing heat, with the roof open. I took Benny down to the park for a quick visit, and I could feel my skin burning in the heat. It was 42 degrees C in the shade - don't know what the hell it was down in the couldron of Rod Laver stadium in the sun.

The way he is going, I think Rafa is the form player. I'd put my money on him.

millencolin
28th January 2009, 12:46
Honestly... I can't wait for it to end so Fox Sports can return back to normal... 2 whole channels devoted to the open, its just too much!

ShiftingGears
29th January 2009, 12:43
The way he is going, I think Rafa is the form player. I'd put my money on him.

He's been playing brilliantly. But after seeing Federer destroy Del Potro and Roddick I don't think I could pick a winner for the final (if Rafa does indeed reach the final).

Simmi
29th January 2009, 14:01
I kind of switched off after Murray got dumped out by Verdasco.

The final should be another great chapter in the Federer/Nadal rivallry. I think Roger may take this one.

Ranger
30th January 2009, 13:18
There's gotta be someone watching the big Spanish lefties semi-final now.

Not 2 games into the 5th set and the match time is 4 hours, 33 minutes. Incredible.

Mark in Oshawa
30th January 2009, 16:39
Tennis? I watch it when I cant find anything else on. No offense, it is fun to play, takes great skill but for whatever reason it does really nothing for me. I will say Federer will make his comeback tho. He is too good and too proud to just fold under the heat of Nadal's beating him last summer....

Valve Bounce
31st January 2009, 00:28
Tennis? I watch it when I cant find anything else on. No offense, it is fun to play, takes great skill but for whatever reason it does really nothing for me. I will say Federer will make his comeback tho. He is too good and too proud to just fold under the heat of Nadal's beating him last summer....

Well, I could recommend Aussi Rules, but you'll probably have to come here to Melbourne to fully enjoy it. Here's a sample: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=W-DsNnCAGUk
Hope you enjoyed that. :)

millencolin
31st January 2009, 09:09
Well, I could recommend Aussi Rules, but you'll probably have to come here to Melbourne to fully enjoy it. [/url]

There's no probably in it, just ask this Queenslander :p :

Magnus
31st January 2009, 10:20
As much as i would like for federer to win i am afraid nadal will prove too much. The only gain for federer is nadals though match last night, that must have taken some energy...
very exciting nonetheless! A bit more exciting then the Irish rally... :(

Valve Bounce
31st January 2009, 23:50
There's no probably in it, just ask this Queenslander :p :

I'm a member of the AFL and we have very good facilities here. Both the MCG and Telstradome are very easy to get to by public transport.

Mark in Oshawa
1st February 2009, 10:21
Well, I could recommend Aussi Rules, but you'll probably have to come here to Melbourne to fully enjoy it. Here's a sample: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=W-DsNnCAGUk
Hope you enjoyed that. :)

Mate...I saw both games they played in Toronto LIVE in the 80's as part of the "Foster's Cup" series. I used to be able to get a game of the week package on Canada's TSN when it was first starting up and looking for programming. I was addicted. Believe me, you guys could export me all the Thundercar V8's and a game of week of Footy and a highlight package and I would give up everything but Hockey, Racing and Canadian football.....

Mark in Oshawa
1st February 2009, 10:22
AS for my team by the way...Geelong when Gary Ablett was playing or the West Coast Eagles...

Valve Bounce
1st February 2009, 12:13
The game between Rafa and Federer could go to 5 sets. I'm taping the rest of it and going to bed. :(

Donney
1st February 2009, 15:31
Great match, amazing players, no wonders they are number 1 and 2.

callum122
1st February 2009, 17:12
Rafa is amazing, wonder if Roger will ever topple him again. I hope Roger makes it to 14 slams.