PDA

View Full Version : The Year of 2009 is the Year of the Ox

leopard
28th January 2009, 05:23
To those believe that each day brings their own fortune or misfortune, as of 26 Jan this year we are in Ox year, characterized the year as working hard. It's time to tighten the belt... Although to work hard I think must be all the year, not only this buffalo year in particular.

This may be coincidence that global situation requires us to work harder than usual. Coincidentally also the newly inaugurated president was born in buffalo year, starting off the presidential task at the same year as he was born in, could be the gift and also the sign that a lot of work is waiting for him...

The typical Ox is a tolerant person with strong character. Not many people could equal the resolution and fearlessness that the Ox exhibits when deciding to accomplish a task.

They include President Barack Obama, actor George Clooney, boxer Oscar De La Hoya, Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai, and soccer star Wayne Rooney
http://wow13.net/chinese-zodiac-2009-year-of-ox-or-buffalo-sign-of-hard-work/

jim mcglinchey
28th January 2009, 21:34
Unfortunately in this recession its not enought to work hard. There are alot of employees who work like slaves and whose jobs could go like that ( clicks fingers ) I'm self employed and I feel that Ive a little bit more control over my worklife than some others, but its really disheartenng to think that you can work like a slave and still go belly up due to forces totally beyond your control.

MrJan
28th January 2009, 23:20
I think I'm an Ox but working hard has never been in my system as I'm known for being quite laid back and happy to take things as they come.

Sadly though I hear what Jim is saying all too well, my boss is self employeed and until recently I was the only employee, sadly this recession has meant no work for me since Christmas and I've been made redundant. I think that this year may be a time for me to teach myself how to put the effort in (which sucks really because I like being laid back :D )

leopard
29th January 2009, 06:40
How do we earn money I still think that it all need work hard. Perhaps we can get whatever we want easily in heaven... :dozey:

Valve Bounce
31st January 2009, 00:48
The Ox works hard and produces food. I think that is the best omen I can offer.

maxu05
31st January 2009, 23:19
Does that mean that we will see a lot of BULL**** this year ?

vauxhall corsa
12th February 2009, 18:50
is it cool