PDA

View Full Version : UK motorsport events threatened!

mikel
27th January 2009, 10:18
Interesting story that could have implications for the future of UK racing circuits.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4076123.Croft_Circuit_loses_noise_appeal/

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/4078017.__860_000_blow_as_racetrack_loses_case/

Daniel
27th January 2009, 12:50
I firmly support the death penalty for such people :)

Mark in Oshawa
30th January 2009, 16:34
People who move near a race track and complain about the noise. Daniel....move close to Heathrow and complain about the planes will you? If you get this judge...you have a shot...

Mamnes
30th January 2009, 17:05
It's a joke, common sense has been thrown out the window.
Let's move near a race track, decide to kick up a fuss about noise disturbance and get ourselves some cash.
Poor banter.

Daniel
30th January 2009, 17:09
People who move near a race track and complain about the noise. Daniel....move close to Heathrow and complain about the planes will you? If you get this judge...you have a shot...
Thing is I like aircraft. I'd probably campaign for more flights :p

Easy Drifter
30th January 2009, 18:08
Waterford Hills in Mich. is a prime example. It is on the Ppty of the Oakland County Sportsmans Club which was there pre WW2. The race track was built in the 50's
The area along the back staight was built after and the first owners enjoyed the track and used to watch the races from their roofs. Gradually they moved out and the new owners opposed the race track. Strict noise laws were put in place and every one had to and has to run mufflers.
Then they went after the shooting ranges which were there pre WW2. They lost. They are still there I believe.
There has been arson on track buildings but the track is still there. The Twp. at one stage passed a noise by law so strict that most cars on the street couldn't meet it. That got thrown out in court.
The track has it's own DB meter and checks all cars.
The funniest one though is one Sunday morning someone from the club went around to the Mayor's house with the DB meter and then phoned the police. The Mayor got charged. His lawnmower exceeded the Twp. noise by law!

Mark in Oshawa
31st January 2009, 20:12
Thing is I like aircraft. I'd probably campaign for more flights :p

I do know if I lived near an airport I wouldn't complain either. Mind you, the airport I want to live near would have a WW2 aircraft museum because I get one heck of a chill every time I hear a Merlin at full throttle....

Easy Drifter
31st January 2009, 20:54
In the early 70's there was a Cdn. Championship race at Rockcliffe Airport in Ottawa. There is (or was) an aircraft museum there. You had a hard time finding the crews when the cars were not on track. They were all examining the historic planes.

cosmicpanda
1st February 2009, 12:24
In the early 70's there was a Cdn. Championship race at Rockcliffe Airport in Ottawa. There is (or was) an aircraft museum there. You had a hard time finding the crews when the cars were not on track. They were all examining the historic planes.

That would make it easy, then, wouldn't it? :)

I live next to an airport. It's ok.

Easy Drifter
1st February 2009, 14:42
Touche! :D

Bezza
2nd February 2009, 11:53
The woman who complained happened to be a divorcee of the owner of Croft. She is probably knocking off the judge which is how the judge has come to this ludicrous decision.

Mark in Oshawa
2nd February 2009, 13:53
The woman who complained happened to be a divorcee of the owner of Croft. She is probably knocking off the judge which is how the judge has come to this ludicrous decision.

That should have had the whole case dismissed right there. She had an axe to grind.....and last time I looked THAT should have factored into the decision.