PDA

View Full Version : The Islamic Republic of Europe

Roamy
22nd January 2009, 22:09
He you go naysayers - just the beginning - just pathetic -

A member of parliament in the Netherlands who has been charged with "insulting" Muslims says he fears he will be found guilty and sent to prison in only a few months.

An appeals court on Wednesday overturned a previous decision by prosecutors not to charge Geert Wilders, and ordered that he stand trial.

steve_spackman
22nd January 2009, 22:13
He you go naysayers - just the beginning - just pathetic -

A member of parliament in the Netherlands who has been charged with "insulting" Muslims says he fears he will be found guilty and sent to prison in only a few months.

An appeals court on Wednesday overturned a previous decision by prosecutors not to charge Geert Wilders, and ordered that he stand trial.

i think that this would be a great case of 'PC' gone wrong, just like the US has a problem with the 'PC' brigade...

Roamy
22nd January 2009, 22:23
Pretty soon Spackman you will be eating "Curry" pie and liking it

steve_spackman
22nd January 2009, 22:26

just like in the US you all eat mexican food...

schmenke
22nd January 2009, 22:46
Steve, your attempts at slandering the U.S. at every conceivable opportunity in this forum is becoming quite tiresome. Can you please try to avoid the application of this obsession in future posts :mark:

steve_spackman
22nd January 2009, 22:48
Steve, your attempts at slandering the U.S. at every conceivable opportunity in this forum is becoming quite tiresome. Can you please try to avoid the application of this obsession in future posts :mark:

but its ok for them to slander us is it???

Daniel
22nd January 2009, 23:01
What a stupid thread title.

Rollo
23rd January 2009, 00:05

Hear Hear :up:

The very name of this thread seems to be one of your repeated phrases of late as evidenced thus:

He who has double the power get another standard. However the Islamic Republic of Europe is trying to give one back. This may in turn sever your lifeline unless of course you are a black south african.

You know Spac you are so far in last place you think you are in first place.
Lets say for some reason we didn't make it. We would sell out to the Russians or China and you would still be fuched!! You will and are going to be the Islamic Republic of Europe - just deal with it and get yourself a new wardrobe!

Basically it is the failure of the Euro's to understand the Trojan Horse theory as they become the Islamic Republic of Europe. The new theme shortly will be "Burkas on the Beach" This is where the guys sit around smoking heroin trying to guess which wife is theirs. :rotflmao:
However, I seriously doubt you understand the meaning of it, let alone what such a thing would entail.

1. Islamic: of the Muslim religion.
The EU is a secular body with no formal connections to any religion and no mention of religion in any current or proposed treaty.

This is in stark contrast to at least two components of the EU, namely the UK where HM Queen Elizabeth II is the head of the Church of England, and if you decide to include Stato della Cittą del Vaticano, then the official head of state and church is the Pope - neither the C of E or the Catholic Church are Islamic to the best of my knowledge.

2. Republic: from the Latin - Res Publica - Quite literally "public matter"
A republic is a nation in which power does not rest in the authority of a king, queen, emporer, marquis etc etc etc but ultimately the people.
It could have been said that the 13 colonies of the United States took the republic form of government before forming the Union, and in fact admission to statehood of a new state requires exactly that. However, of the 27 Sovereign Nations of the EU, 7 are not republics at all but monarchies; those being: Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
The question which then arises is how does a republic arise if some of the components are monarchies? By very definition that is impossible.

3. Of Europe:
If Europe is the noun, then "of" is the part of speech which defines the relationship to it. If the first part of the relationship does not exist (as in points 1 & 2) then the rest of the relationship can't exist either.
The EU if anything is some intragovernmental supranational thing (really I don't know how else to define it) which unlike a federal state (ie the USA), member states retain nominal sovereignty over themselves.

The main problem with your idea of an Islamic Republic of Europe would require 27 sovereign nations to give up their sovereignty, and if history has taught us anything during the 20th Century, although the member countries might complain about losing aspects of their sovereignty to the EU, to give up all of it will require probably the bloodiest conflict the world has ever seen.

I therefore dismiss this notion as nincompooery.

And I expect that this comment which was supposed to be racist missed the mark entirely:

1. Curry Pie is delicious. Pretty soon? How about have been enjoying Curry Pie all our lives. :D
2. Chicken Tikka Masala was invented in Scotland - Foreign Secretary Robin Cook proclaimed it as "Britain's true national dish" :D

Drew
23rd January 2009, 00:07

Spot on.

Everybody knows it'd be The Islamic Jihadist Republic of Europe :p :

Camelopard
23rd January 2009, 00:10

Hmmmm, I like curry, pie or otherwise, one of the great things about this country (Australia) is it's variety, sure there are some rednecks who would like to see a return to the White Australia Policy and take the vote away from Aborigines and women, but fortunately they are in a very, very small minority.

We even have had our own cases like fausto's hero Timothy McVeigh, although ours was no where near as successful in killing innocent people like he was, but I digress, within a few kilometres (that's about a mile and a half for you fausto) of where I live in the 'burbs I can choose to have food from about 20 different ethnic communities, can't be anything wrong with that.

I personally get tired of eating bland processed food all the time and enjoy the variety that our multicultural society brings, open your eyes fausto, you may find you even like different things.

With this openness. one thing I don't like is religious zealots hammering on my door trying to tell me that if I don't repent I'm going to go to hell! Well. I wish they would all just b@gger off back to Utah, damn mormons.

anthonyvop
23rd January 2009, 03:47
just like in the US you all eat mexican food...
We do? Could have fooled me.

Camelopard
23rd January 2009, 03:49
Originally Posted by anthonyvop http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=578946#post578946)
I never said I wore a uniform.

Below is a quote from you in a previous thread, go on educate us on how you have 'served' your country, I'm very interested to know, otherwise I'll have a big mac and some French fries please, oh and chuck in a root beer whilst you are at it. :)

Originally Posted by anthonyvop http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=502838#post502838)
As i have already stated. I have served my country. Have you? Or are you just another left-wing, blowhard revelling under the freedoms provided in part my service?

If you were really serious about all this you would be of on another tour of duty to Iraq......., I believe the US military are so desperate to get recruits they will take just about anyone these days......

Here it is again just in case you missed it vop. I bet they let you eat as many big macs as you like! :)

Azumanga Davo
23rd January 2009, 05:23
Gordon Bennett, I miss the good old days when we were all arguing over whose country is the grea... ah poopy...

In other words, this part of the forum has wandered about in more circles than a waltzer attendant...

New material please, people...

leopard
23rd January 2009, 05:43
let's see how this works, nice thread title ...

F1boat
23rd January 2009, 06:24
As I said, in EU there is no main political party with strong ties to any religion. Unlike the USA and its "God's Own Party".

gadjo_dilo
23rd January 2009, 06:52
He you go naysayers - just the beginning - just pathetic - Pretty soon Spackman you will be eating "Curry" pie and liking it

A member of parliament in the Netherlands who has been charged with "insulting" Muslims says he fears he will be found guilty and sent to prison in only a few months..
So what? Isn't discrimination incriminated ( :laugh: ) in any democratic country?
On the other hand you may face a jail punishment if you're in denial of the Holocaust and it doesn't mean you're living in a jewish republic.

Pretty soon Spackman you will be eating "Curry" pie and liking it..
The most popular dish here is " sarmale ", which is basically turkish. Still we're 99,3 christian.