PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hart RIP

SOD
19th January 2009, 15:35
He kept me entertained as a kid. I'm sure there's many awaiting the next morph animation where you're going.

steve_spackman
19th January 2009, 15:54
He kept me entertained as a kid. I'm sure there's many awaiting the next morph animation where you're going.

indeed i used to watch him all the time when i was a nipper..liked Morph too..alsways causing a scene for Tony ha ha

RIP mate..

Dave B
19th January 2009, 16:03
He was one of those all-too-rare broadcasters who had such an enthusiasm for their subject and delivered it without being patronising to his audience.

His programmes were part of my childhood, and I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

RIP, Tony.

AndyRAC
19th January 2009, 16:34
He was one of those all-too-rare broadcasters who had such an enthusiasm for their subject and delivered it without being patronising to his audience.

His programmes were part of my childhood, and I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

RIP, Tony.

Same here, and sadly, I'm not sure those type of programmes would be made anymore. I would have to be fronted by a young 'trendy type' who is loud and extrovert.

inimitablestoo
19th January 2009, 22:08
I remember having a bizarre dream a few years back where I was having a blazing row with Tony Hart. So very unlikely... :s

I knew he'd been involved with the BBC show SMart in its first series or two, but hadn't realised he'd only retired as recently as 2001. Top man.

And remember, we cannot return any of your heartfelt tributes.

Azumanga Davo
20th January 2009, 08:14
Best in the business. And now to the gallery...

Doot doo doo do, doo doo doo do... etc.

The good times of going home, tuning in and watch a creative man draw, paint, make and teach with ease a subject that has many methods to acheiving an artistic goal. How many people can we say would be deserving of 5 decades of television time like Tony?

DIP Tony (Doodle In Peace)

Dave B
20th January 2009, 08:31
Same here, and sadly, I'm not sure those type of programmes would be made anymore. I would have to be fronted by a young 'trendy type' who is loud and extrovert.

In fairness, ITV's Art Attack updated the genre without getting to glitzy and flashy. Neil Buchanan is in many ways the natural successor to Tony Hart - and in a freakish co-incidence the programme was made in the town where Hart was born and learned his skills.

There's a suggestion that Maidstone should erect a statue of Hart - I wonder if they'd make it from Plasticine?