PDA

View Full Version : Bernie calls Stewart senile

ioan
16th January 2009, 16:44
It seems that people who were tearing max appart for calling Stewart "half wit" missed this, so I thought I'll get their reaction to this one too :p : :

Q. What was your reaction to recent comments by Jackie Stewart about your running of the sport - taking too much money out, that the teams were not making enough, criticising the cancellation of the races in North America...

BE: Most times when people get older, they become a bit senile. He has just caught it a bit earlier, this is all.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72805

ArrowsFA1
16th January 2009, 17:09
It's funny, not malicious.

Q. Who is the most interesting young driver?

BE: Vettel.

Q. Why?

BE: Because he is interesting.

:laugh:

ioan
16th January 2009, 17:12
I guess we should ask Jackie if he finds it funny too (not the bit about Vettel, that one was really funny).

16th January 2009, 18:00
It's funny, not malicious.

“He goes round dressed up as a 1930s music hall man. He's a certified halfwit.”

Well, I found Mosley's remark about Stewart funny, but some people with an axe to grind made a big deal out of it, claiming it was malicious because of Stewarts dyslexia, something Max never mentioned.

Now, the thing is, senile people can't spell either, so by rights those who were horrified by Max's remark should be horrified by Bernie's.

That nobody yet is speaks volumes of their in-bred and unfair criticism of Mosley.

Once again, the silence reveals the hypocrites.

ioan
16th January 2009, 18:05

;)

Bagwan
16th January 2009, 18:12
Is the difference here , that Jackie will admit to being dyslexic ?

ArrowsFA1
16th January 2009, 18:47
Is the difference here , that Jackie will admit to being dyslexic ?
I think the difference is that Bernie was joking. The interview is humorous and typical of his exchanges with the media.

IMHO that is entirely different to Max's open annoyance (http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~154922~pid~0.htm) at Stewart's criticism of the way the FIA handled spygate. Mosley's response was like that of a name-calling bully; fairly typical of someone who will not tolerate views different to his own.

BDunnell
16th January 2009, 19:01
“He goes round dressed up as a 1930s music hall man. He's a certified halfwit.”

Well, I found Mosley's remark about Stewart funny, but some people with an axe to grind made a big deal out of it, claiming it was malicious because of Stewarts dyslexia, something Max never mentioned.

Now, the thing is, senile people can't spell either, so by rights those who were horrified by Max's remark should be horrified by Bernie's.

That nobody yet is speaks volumes of their in-bred and unfair criticism of Mosley.

Or it could just reveal that they either haven't posted yet on this thread.

BDunnell
16th January 2009, 19:02
I think the difference is that Bernie was joking. The interview is humorous and typical of his exchanges with the media.

IMHO that is entirely different to Max's open annoyance (http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~154922~pid~0.htm) at Stewart's criticism of the way the FIA handled spygate. Mosley's response was like that of a name-calling bully; fairly typical of someone who will not tolerate views different to his own.

And who made a big fuss about another dissenting voice, Martin Brundle, before very quietly dropping the case.

Roamy
16th January 2009, 19:03
i had better come over there and start "reality" tv

Dave B
16th January 2009, 19:25
I agree, anybody who has ever heard Bernie interviewed knows how he likes to play with the media. Compare and contrast to Max who was positively spitting venom at Stewart, Dennis and Brundle at various points last year.

Or it could just reveal that they either haven't posted yet on this thread.
Sorry I'm late :wave:

BDunnell
16th January 2009, 19:41
Apologies for the unnecessary 'either' in my post.

Bagwan
16th January 2009, 20:25

So , you don't think Bernie is annoyed that people would suggest he chimes in with notice of a drop in pay for himself ?

I would suggest that utter ridicule in both cases is founded on both being quite annoyed at what the "senile dyslexic" was saying .

trumperZ06
16th January 2009, 21:38
:dozey: Bernie is pi$$ed that the press released details about the Ferrari bribe...

and now people are openly pointing out the outragious percentage of $$$ Bernie's been raking off the top, leaving a pittance for the teams.

:rolleyes: That said... IMO Bernie's annoyed with Stewart, MAD MAX was fluming mad with Stewart... over spygate followed by the sex scandal !!!

yodasarmpit
16th January 2009, 22:23
Absolutely hilarious, the wee fella has a great sense of homour.

17th January 2009, 07:44
And who made a big fuss about another dissenting voice, Martin Brundle, before very quietly dropping the case.

Ah yes, making a big fuss about a dissenting voice before very quietly dropping the case.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/oct/10/motorsports.sport

Seems like that is also a technique used by Stewart. Will everybody who criticised Max for such a response to criticism now please form an orderly queue to do the same to Jackie?

wmcot
18th January 2009, 07:56
Bernie shows his poor taste even if it was meant to be humorous. People in authority positions should have enough sense to know that they are under a media microscope and therefore, should think before speaking.

(Not that I'm a big JYS fan, but the same courtesy should apply to everyone!)

Knock-on
19th January 2009, 10:57
Ah yes, making a big fuss about a dissenting voice before very quietly dropping the case.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/oct/10/motorsports.sport

Seems like that is also a technique used by Stewart. Will everybody who criticised Max for such a response to criticism now please form an orderly queue to do the same to Jackie?

I'm a little confused.

Didn't Max / FIA instigate lible proceedings against Brundle.

How is this the same as JYS who didn't sue or drop a case?

You haven't been looking at ioan's "special" web sites again have you :laugh:

Dr. Krogshöj
19th January 2009, 11:19
:dozey: Bernie is pi$$ed that the press released details about the Ferrari bribe...

and now people are openly pointing out the outragious percentage of $$$ Bernie's been raking off the top, leaving a pittance for the teams.

It was Bernie himself who did the releasing, not that it was a secret. Okay, the exact figure was not known but if you followed F1 in 2005 it was no way a surprise.

The percentage thing has been an issue since the GPWC days. What makes the difference is that Bernie doesn't fight for his own purse any more, he is fighting for his employers. CVC needs that commercial revenue badly because the F1 Group has a huge dept.

ioan
19th January 2009, 11:45
If I'm not mistaken Bernie still owns a share of FOM.

Knock-on
19th January 2009, 11:49
If I'm not mistaken Bernie still owns a share of FOM.

I think only 10% and I'm not sure if he owns it or it's in the name of his estranged wife.

PolePosition_1
19th January 2009, 12:15
I think the world much too politically correct!

ioan
19th January 2009, 12:17
I think only 10% and I'm not sure if he owns it or it's in the name of his estranged wife.

10% of 3 billions is not bad either! ;)

That means that 10% of the money the teams are claiming is his (or his wife's :D ) money! :)

19th January 2009, 12:29
I'm a little confused.

Didn't Max / FIA instigate lible proceedings against Brundle.

How is this the same as JYS who didn't sue or drop a case?

You haven't been looking at ioan's "special" web sites again have you :laugh:

That you are a little confused is hardly headline news.

Stewart let the world know he was considering legal action....that is pretty similar to starting action then dropping the case. Not exactly the same, but close enough.

In fact, it could justifiably be argued that Stewart is just as full of shyte as is Mosley when it comes to threats of legal action.

It's quite simple when brain cells are employed.

Knock-on
19th January 2009, 12:31
10% of 3 billions is not bad either! ;)

That means that 10% of the money the teams are claiming is his (or his wife's :D ) money! :)

The Formula One Group is a group of companies responsible for the promotion of the FIA Formula One World Championship and exploitation of the sport's commercial rights.[1] The Group is owned ultimately by Delta Topco, a Jersey–based company owned by CVC Capital Partners' funds (approximately 70%) and JPMorgan (approximately 20%). Bernie Ecclestone's family trust owns the remainder apart from small shares held by financial advisers and Ecclestone himself.[2]

"Formula One Group" strictly refers to Formula One Management, Formula One Administration and Formula One Licensing BV,[3] which are subsidiaries of the Formula One Holdings holding company. However Delta Topco owns other Formula One businesses which are referred to in the same way.

Good ole Wiki