PDA

View Full Version : FGP?

Shifter
7th February 2007, 18:47
Is it going down for '07?

http://www.emjayday.co.uk/fgp/index.htm

ArrowsFA1
7th February 2007, 22:15
Certainly should be :) I'm a little swamped at the moment but I should be able to get FGP2007 up and running shortly.

samuratt
8th February 2007, 10:10
Please Arrows, as the reigning champion I beg you for another opportuinity to show you who is the best :D

We love FGP!!! ;)

Shifter
8th February 2007, 14:56
Yes! Thanks in advance.

TEEJAY
23rd February 2007, 16:55
Does anyone remotely have a clue if/when this will start?

Shifter
23rd February 2007, 18:17
I started a thread just like this and arrows said he was too busy as of yet but that it would be up before the start of the season. Believe me I've been chomping at the bit to create my team.

ArrowsFA1
25th February 2007, 11:58
Dear All,

I have an apology to make to all of those looking forward to FGP2007. Unfortunately, I'm just not getting the time to set up and run the competition this year. In itself FGP doesn't take much time, but at the moment it's just one of too many things for me to do :dozey:

The details of last years competition are all HERE (http://www.fgp.emjayday.co.uk/rules.htm), so if anyone would like to take on the task of running the Forum FGP championship this year then they'd be more than welcome to use what is there. I can't offer the webspace, but the structure for the competition, with a few changes required to reflect the 2007 teams, is there to use.

Hopefully someone will be good enough to step up to the plate I've vacated, and I'll give any help I can.

Anyone :confused:

Shifter
27th February 2007, 18:52
There is lots of fantasy sports sites out there. Any one know of an alternate FGP host? I'll start searching. Arrg! I totally understand, Arrows, you did it out of your own grace in previous years but darned if I won't watch F1 without missing it.

N. Jones
27th February 2007, 19:55
Oh, this doth blow!
We must make haste and find a replacement!

TEEJAY
27th February 2007, 19:55
Sadness :(

leopard
2nd March 2007, 02:17
I hope we can sort this problem out to stay running this FGP this season

My team didn't do anything good last season, but in my opinion without this sort of game feels like F1 without Michael Schumacher :(

N. Jones
2nd March 2007, 02:28
You know - I would do this except I have never created a web page in my life.
I would have no problem gathering the stats but putting them up on a page is something I am not sure of....

leopard
2nd March 2007, 02:39
good if so..., putting it on webpage much easier, you may need contact Arrow and fix it.

ArrowsFA1
2nd March 2007, 08:25
You know - I would do this except I have never created a web page in my life.
I would have no problem gathering the stats but putting them up on a page is something I am not sure of....
You don't really need to worry about putting everything on a website - just post the results in a thread here after each race :)

N. Jones
3rd March 2007, 21:08
Yeah - I could do that. But I think people are quite used to what you have put together Arrows. I wonder if just posting results would be enough?

I guess I am just unsure as to what to do...

akv89
3rd March 2007, 22:40
Yeah - I could do that. But I think people are quite used to what you have put together Arrows. I wonder if just posting results would be enough?

I guess I am just unsure as to what to do...

Right now, I think most forumers would rather have an FGP running than not. I wouldn't mind having the results posted up in a thread. :)

N. Jones
4th March 2007, 19:02
Well then I guess I should get this running. :)
Arrows - does your system for pricing out the drivers, teams, and engine/chassis combo change from year-to-year or do you just keep the prices the same and assign according to where teams and people finished in the standings?

And how can we announce that the FGP is back but in a not-so-spiffy way?

ArrowsFA1
5th March 2007, 08:45
Well then I guess I should get this running. :)
Arrows - does your system for pricing out the drivers, teams, and engine/chassis combo change from year-to-year or do you just keep the prices the same and assign according to where teams and people finished in the standings?

And how can we announce that the FGP is back but in a not-so-spiffy way?
The pricing has stayed the same, but the value of each driver/team would depend on their position in the 2006 championship. For rookies you'd need to make your own judgement on what their value is ;)

Once you have the prices in place post a thread here announcing FGP2007 and members could post their entries in the thread. A mod will make the thread a sticky at the top of the forum.

Thanks for taking it on :s mokin:

N. Jones
5th March 2007, 16:25
Ok. Give me a day or two to put the list and prices together.
The 2007-Low-Budget FGP will be up and running soon!

Dazz9908
5th March 2007, 21:04
Thanks N.Jones! :up:

akv89
5th March 2007, 23:23
Much appreciated N.Jones!!!