20 - Ed Carpenter

HVM
33 - E.J. Viso

Conquest
36 - Alex Tagliani

Curb/Agaganian/3G Racing
?? - Stanton Barrett

Confirmed - Partial Season (1)

Sarah Fisher Racing - (Kansas, Chicagoland, Indianapolis, Kentucky)
67 - Sarah Fisher

Probable - Full Season (And possible/rumored drivers) (5)

Vision
2 - A.J. Foyt IV

KVRT
8 - Paul Tracy/Oriol Servia

Dale Coyne
18 - Bruno Junqueira (Or any of the top drivers without a contract)

Dreyer & Reinbold
23 - Milka Duno and Townsend Bell or Buddy Rice

Conquest
34 - Jaime Camara

Rumored - Full Season (And possible/rumored drivers) (5)

Dreyer & Reinbold
15 - Buddy Rice or Townsend Bell

Rahal-Letterman
17 - Ryan Hunter-Reay, Alex Lloyd

Dale Coyne
19 - Anyone with a cheque (Or any of the top drivers without a contract)

Philippe Racing
24 - Nelson Philippe
25 - Unknown (Possibly Richard Philippe, but unlikely), Jay Howard

HVM
?? - Anyone with a cheque

For confirmed drivers, I included all confirmed and logically confirmed (Robert Doornbos at NHL). I believe right now we are looking at 23 -25 full time teams. I believe that all those probable teams will commit to the 2009 season. The main determining factor in determining if the car count will jump this season will be if the rumored purchase of Roth Racing by the Philippe Family comes through.

I would appreciate if no one updated this thread, but simply use it as discussion and perhaps suggest possible rumored drivers and errors I may have included. I will update this as new rumors and confirmations become available.

I am not looking at this as a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" type of analysis. I am doing this logically and realistically.

Hope you all enjoy.

seppefan
14th January 2009, 16:43
Has Tag been confirmed? While I agree it sounds as if Doornbos is on his way to NHL has that been confirmed as well?

Chamoo
14th January 2009, 16:45
Has Tag been confirmed? While I agree it sounds as if Doornbos is on his way to NHL has that been confirmed as well?

Tags seems to be confirmed in Conquest's sponsor brochure as one of their drivers in '09.

As for Doornbos, with all the news surrounding him signing with NHL supposedly today, I have put him in with NHL for the time being. I am willing to take that chance.

DanicaFan
17th January 2009, 22:39
Tags seems to be confirmed in Conquest's sponsor brochure as one of their drivers in '09.

As for Doornbos, with all the news surrounding him signing with NHL supposedly today, I have put him in with NHL for the time being. I am willing to take that chance.

Doornbos was also very close to signing with HVM Racing not to long ago. I would hold off on making a definite yet for anywhere.

edv
18th January 2009, 15:42
The ghost of Helio is still orbiting as well, depending upon events away from the track.

MDS
18th January 2009, 19:02
I would be surprised if Dale Coyne doesn't field two cars, but I would be shocked if Rahal comes back with the 17. I'm pretty sure they're done with the IRL. I could seem them at Indy, but I think they're not going to be full time this year.

DanicaFan
19th January 2009, 05:45
The IRL wouldnt be complete without Rahal Letterman Racing. :(