PDA

View Full Version : Old ChampCars

MotorRacingIndustry.com
10th January 2009, 23:50
Does anyone know where the Panoz ChampCars and Cosworth engines are?

It seems a real shame they were only used for one season...

Also does anyone know where the even older chassis are? They Lola's, Swifts and Reynards.

I'd be interesting to know. Cheers

:)

call_me_andrew
11th January 2009, 00:14
The chassis were purchased by Ben Johnson with the intent of starting his own series called "Green Prix", but the idea appears to be still-born now.

I'm sure there's a wearhouse full of Cosworth XFE's somewhere.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2218/2080139058_e6e279b914_o.jpg

MotorRacingIndustry.com
11th January 2009, 00:19
Ah ok Thanks! but who is Ben Johnson?

Also is there a web site for the series, or atleast a press release?

Mihai
11th January 2009, 00:33
Here it is :
http://www.greenprixusa.com/home.html

beachbum
11th January 2009, 00:51

Wait, your signature states "The Leading Motorsport Search Engine and Business Directory." and you are asking questions HERE? Sure we are all experts, but the answer to the question doesn't take much of a search. There is this other search engine that will find it for you. It is called "Google"

garyshell
11th January 2009, 06:19

Can it REALLY be that hard? The MotorRacingIndustry.com search engine must be pretty pathetic.

http://tinyurl.com/a6ewax

Gary

MDS
11th January 2009, 19:05
I'm planning on driving over to Savannah for the Atlantics Race, so if I see anything I'll take pictures.

If it happens I think it will be club-level drivers in near F-1 level equipment on courses without the highest level of safety equipment. Not such a great idea.

MotorRacingIndustry.com
11th January 2009, 20:10
Here it is :
http://www.greenprixusa.com/home.html

Thanks for the sensible answer Mihai. Sounds like there are a few angry people out there. HAHA :)

Not much info on the official site. I thought they'd have a bit more information, considering the series starts this year.

Cheers!

Jag_Warrior
11th January 2009, 20:49
Thanks for the sensible answer Mihai. Sounds like there are a few angry people out there. HAHA :)

Battle fatigue, man. We're all still a little shell-shocked. Some of us got that 1000 yard stare. Bad dreams. Some of us drink too much. Sometimes I wake up and see Joe Heitzler floating above my bed. It's a bad deal. :crazy:

Not much info on the official site. I thought they'd have a bit more information, considering the series starts this year.

Except for engines, a schedule, teams, drivers and tracks, yeah... they're all set.

garyshell
11th January 2009, 20:59

Cheers!

Battle fatigue, man. We're all still a little shell-shocked. Some of us got that 1000 yard stare. Bad dreams. Some of us drink too much. Sometimes I wake up and see Joe Heitzler floating above my bed. It's a bad deal. :crazy:

Except for engines, a schedule, teams, drivers and tracks, yeah... they're all set.

For me it wasn't so much the battle fatigue as it was wondering why someone with the handle "MotorRacingIndustry.com" would be unable to find this info via google if not on the site MotorRacingIndustry.com itself. Hence my reply that did the google search for him.

Gary

Mark in Oshawa
11th January 2009, 21:22
Scary scary stuff....

I would like a DP-01...they are purty.....

MotorRacingIndustry.com
11th January 2009, 22:34
For me it wasn't so much the battle fatigue as it was wondering why someone with the handle "MotorRacingIndustry.com" would be unable to find this info via google if not on the site MotorRacingIndustry.com itself.

It's just a handle. Get over it :P

Perhaps someone on a forum would be more up-to-date with information on the series. The site has next to nothing on it...

Hence my reply that did the google search for him.

Not sure what this is about...

______

Anyone know where the cars are kept now?

garyshell
11th January 2009, 23:33

Hence my reply that did the google search for him.

Gary

It was about this:

Can it REALLY be that hard? ...

http://tinyurl.com/a6ewax

Gary

Jag_Warrior
12th January 2009, 01:27
It's just a handle. Get over it :P

Perhaps someone on a forum would be more up-to-date with information on the series. The site has next to nothing on it...

______

Anyone know where the cars are kept now?

Anthonyvop (on this site) seems to have a lot of information on the series and where it stands now. You might PM Anthony and see what he can tell you.

Jag_Warrior
12th January 2009, 01:30
For me it wasn't so much the battle fatigue as it was wondering why someone with the handle "MotorRacingIndustry.com" would be unable to find this info via google if not on the site MotorRacingIndustry.com itself. Hence my reply that did the google search for him.

Gary

You know me, Gary. Just goofing around.

But the doctors have promised to get me on some new meds to get Heitzler's voice out of my head. I think I'll be OK. Or, maybe not. :bonce:

jcolbert
12th January 2009, 01:30
I was told by one of the guys working the Green Prix booth at PRI that the cars are all currently at some guy's shop in Indianapolis. I can't remember the guy's name but I think he said that the guy used to work for Forsythe.

beachbum
12th January 2009, 03:46
You know me, Gary. Just goofing around.

But the doctors have promised to get me on some new meds to get Heitzler's voice out of my head. I think I'll be OK. Or, maybe not. :bonce: The real question is who's voice will take his place? It could be lonely otherwise.

Saw this on a T-Shirt - "I was once schizophrenic, but we're better now"

Jag_Warrior
12th January 2009, 04:08
The real question is who's voice will take his place? It could be lonely otherwise.

Saw this on a T-Shirt - "I was once schizophrenic, but we're better now"

I'm hoping for Salma Hayek. But I'll probaby get Joan Rivers.