PDA

View Full Version : Evo stolen at NEC (Autosport)

Captain VXR
10th January 2009, 15:39
Copied from another forum

At 7pm this evening, me Icelle Blue Evo VI, reg no H15 CRP was stolen from the Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC car park.
Externally the car looks standard apart from silver Evo VIII Enkei wheels and one piece headlights. There are no graphics on the car at present (other than a few small wallaceperformance stickers), the only time attack giveaway is a scrutineering slip inside the front screen.

There are a huge amount of other identifying part though, so please be aware if you see it or are offered any parts - Forged 4G64 2.4, black AMS inlet manifold and fuel rail, PE 1000cc injectors, AEM fuel reg, bosch 044 fuel pump, ETS HTA35R turbo kit (3 days old!!!), Greddy intercooler, modified blitz nur spec exhaust, Ohlins R&T, black AP 6 pot fronts, 2x twin SPA gauges, Power FC with hand commander on display, black AVC-R, glove box pc with single din touchscreen monitor and digital TV tuner, LM1 wideband kit, aquamist water injection, racetech 40 battery, one-off intercooler pipework, cusco braces ( top upper and rear upper 3 points, boot floor brace, lower 2 point and lower 5 point), ingalls stiffy, RS rear diff, metallic blue rocker cover with breather set up and cusco can, coil-on-plug, ralliart mat set including boot mat (boot also had some tools and an LM1 case and kit in it) MLR front and rear black seat cover set etc etc etc!!
I'm sure there is more that I've forgotten about, but I'll add to this when I can.

I've owned this car for around 5 years and put a huge amount of time into it and over 100k miles on it. It would mean alot to me if I could get it back.
As I said, any help greatly appreciated.

Please either contact username Russs on the Mitsubishi Lancer Register or Solihull Police.

Thanks.
Put this on as lots of people from here are going to Autosport :)

Daniel
10th January 2009, 16:29
Probably stolen to order from a forum post and probably on it's way to a dark workshop right now to be stripped and sold off as parts. A good reason why bragging about your wheels and what mods you've done on a forum is not always a good thing.

MrJan
10th January 2009, 17:11
People had probably been tracking him for a while and knew that when he went to Autosport the car would be unattended.

Jag_Warrior
11th January 2009, 16:37
I wish this guy good luck in finding his car. But as Daniel said, it's probably already in pieces. There is a chance though. A guy who posted on a WRX/STI forum that I used to be on had his heavily modified STI stolen in Arizona. The idiot who stole it listed it on Ebay a few weeks later. Some other members saw it, called the cops and the car was recovered in a sting operation near Las Vegas. The guy said he had bought the car from some "other guy", but didn't know the name of the guy he bought it from (real genius, that one :rolleyes :) . But I don't think that's the norm - the car's are usually chopped up pretty quickly.

Captain VXR
12th January 2009, 17:57
Probably stolen to order from a forum post and probably on it's way to a dark workshop right now to be stripped and sold off as parts. A good reason why bragging about your wheels and what mods you've done on a forum is not always a good thing.

Apparently local gangs go round the carpark looking for cars to steal and at Autosport every year a car gets stolen

Drew
12th January 2009, 21:46
Apparently local gangs go round the carpark looking for cars to steal and at Autosport every year a car gets stolen

I'd be surprised if it was just 1 car that gets stolen. Did he not have a tracker on it?

leopard
13th January 2009, 07:09
I'd be surprised if it was just 1 car that gets stolen. Did he not have a tracker on it?
The car might not have the tracker, not all men are happy with the tracker installed. All conversation husbands have made in the car are tapped by it. :)

Mark
13th January 2009, 07:44
The car might not have the tracker, not all men are happy with the tracker installed. All conversation husbands have made in the car are tapped by it. :)

Trackers just track where the car is, and put out a signal for the police to follow. It's not a cockpit voice recorder :p

GridGirl
13th January 2009, 08:34
Why drive to the NEC when its so much easier to get the train? :s

Mark
13th January 2009, 08:37
Why drive to the NEC when its so much easier to get the train? :s

Because it's so much easier to drive?!

Dave B
13th January 2009, 09:17
Or fly. :p

Mark
13th January 2009, 11:26
The NEC is probably one of the easiest places in the country to get to by car. So I don't see why you wouldn't drive there :p .

Anyone who gets the train or flys is clearly a mentalist :p

MrJan
13th January 2009, 12:37
I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be easier for me to catch the train to the NEC.

GridGirl
13th January 2009, 13:04
Some yob from Aston can't steal your supped up Evo that he's read about on some forum if its not there. :p

OK, so if I get a Virgin train it's 2 stops and costs about £4, but on a serious note Birmingham is one of the easiest places to get the train. :) Parking at the NEC is a rip off and it takes forever to get in and out most of the time.

Azumanga Davo
13th January 2009, 13:29
Trackers just track where the car is, and put out a signal for the police to follow. It's not a cockpit voice recorder :p

"Like me gearstick, luv? It's got a very hard shift, y'know." :D

Mark in Oshawa
13th January 2009, 17:18
I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be easier for me to catch the train to the NEC.

Sounds like a Top Gear challenge. Fly, the train or Jeremy taking the car. Oh yes..work the Stig in there somewheres...

Glen 320
13th January 2009, 19:52
Train...yea right!
car park was free after i left the oval racing at about 7.30 on the saturday!

MrJan
13th January 2009, 23:26
Some yob from Aston can't steal your supped up Evo that he's read about on some forum if its not there. :p

OK, so if I get a Virgin train it's 2 stops and costs about £4, but on a serious note Birmingham is one of the easiest places to get the train. :) Parking at the NEC is a rip off and it takes forever to get in and out most of the time.

Yeah but for me it's going to take 2 and a half hours to get the train to B'ham (after I make the trip to the train station in Exeter) and then I have to work out how to get to the NEC. I'm then limited as to what time I travel and how much stuff I take. In the car it is much, much easier as it's a straightforward trip up the M5 and when we went last year it didn't take any time to get out of the car park. So I'll stick with the car :p :

Jag_Warrior
14th January 2009, 07:02
OK, I admit that I've officially passed into the "old head" category now (or I will in about a month), but part of the fun of attending a car show is to have your ride there, no? It's that way at NOPI shows in the States anyway.

You take a $30K turbo car, add $30K worth of mismatched sh*^ to it, making it (still) worth $30K and you brag about it to other 22 year olds in the parking lot... then somebody steals it while you're passed out in the motel room. That's called a "good time" here. :s mokin:

GridGirl
14th January 2009, 08:52
You lot all sound so anti-public transport. :p Mr Jan Yeo ....the NEC has its own train station. Birmigmham Internation train station links to both the airport and the NEC. Its only a short walk. :)

Jag_Warrior, the Autosport Show is a motorsport based show rather than an actual road car show. There are plenty of modded car shows where you can take your own car to show off in the car park.

Daniel
14th January 2009, 08:53
You lot all sound so anti-public transport. :p Mr Jan Yeo ....the NEC has its own train station. Birmigmham Internation train station links to both the airport and the NEC. Its only a short walk. :)

I've not been but I tend to agree. When we went to the ROC last year we parked on the outskirts of London at a train station and took the train in. Couldn't have been easier and less painful :)

MrJan
14th January 2009, 09:54

Damn right I'm anti public transport. It's overpriced and I have legs which means I struggle to fit in most buses/coaches/trains. I'm still using the car :p :

Drew
14th January 2009, 15:08
Damn right I'm anti public transport. It's overpriced and I have legs which means I struggle to fit in most buses/coaches/trains. I'm still using the car :p :

If it takes you 2 and a half hours on the train from Exeter, it'll take me 3 and a half, that's public transport in Devon for you :rotflmao:

Captain VXR
16th January 2009, 17:37
It's been recovered but has been partially stripped and damaged.

Daniel
16th January 2009, 17:38

I claim my prize.

Drew
16th January 2009, 18:58

How does that work with the insurance then, what exactly could he claim back?

Jag_Warrior
16th January 2009, 20:16
How does that work with the insurance then, what exactly could he claim back?

I guess it depends on how he had it insured. My uncle has a heavily modified Buick Grand National. He has specialty insurance which covers an agreed upon value. Since there is no (true) Blue Book value for a heavily modded car, specialty insurance is your best option. If a person doesn't have specialty insurance, at least in the U.S., it's very unlikely that the insurance company is going to pay for the extra bits. Some insurance companies won't even insure heavily modified cars, and if they do, they charge a fortune in premiums. My uncle had State Farm when he first started modifying his car and when they found out he had roughly doubled the horsepower, they cancelled his policy.