PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer8 Beta

Valve Bounce
7th January 2009, 11:52
Is this worth getting? Owing to my New Year's Resolution, I am desperately trying to avoid downloading it, but I am growing weaker by the hour. :(

Dave B
7th January 2009, 11:56
I've been using it for a few months with no problems, but as with any Beta release you should only try it if you're prepared to accept the risk of problems.

Anything's better than Google Chrome! :p

schmenke
7th January 2009, 14:34
Similar to Dave, I've been running it for several months now with no problems.

Daniel
7th January 2009, 15:04
I've had a few problems but I'm running Vista 64 so I'd trust Dave and Schmenke's experiences a bit more.

I installed IE8 and it was OK for a little while but would have major problems if you had a lot of windows open. I then uninstalled it and the problem is still there. Tells me I'm running a 64bit browser which I'm not! I'm running IE7 in 32 bit more :angryfire Oh well full reinstall for me! :) I somehow suspect you won't see these issues unless you're running a 64 bit operating system which you probably won't be :) Even then it's probably just something a bit dicky with my particular install.

yodasarmpit
7th January 2009, 18:45
I'll be sticking with Firefox tbh.

7th January 2009, 19:56
Is this worth getting? Owing to my New Year's Resolution, I am desperately trying to avoid downloading it, but I am growing weaker by the hour. :(

Go on, do it! :devil:

Valve Bounce
7th January 2009, 22:22
I'll be sticking with Firefox tbh.

I also have Firefox, which is my favored browser.

Valve Bounce
7th January 2009, 22:24
I've had a few problems but I'm running Vista 64 so I'd trust Dave and Schmenke's experiences a bit more.

I installed IE8 and it was OK for a little while but would have major problems if you had a lot of windows open. I then uninstalled it and the problem is still there. Tells me I'm running a 64bit browser which I'm not! I'm running IE7 in 32 bit more :angryfire Oh well full reinstall for me! :) I somehow suspect you won't see these issues unless you're running a 64 bit operating system which you probably won't be :) Even then it's probably just something a bit dicky with my particular install.

Well, this does worry me about Vista. I also note that those who download the Mek Tek upgrade packs for MechWarrir4 Mercs have to go through a different routine, including using the admin setting to download and install the upgrades.

Does this mean there are glitches in Vista?