PDA

View Full Version : James Ellison is getting married...

The Phantom
5th January 2009, 12:12
From another forum I'm on:

I went to a party last night at a friends house. The guy that had the party has ridden with us to Big Bend twice. He has two daughters (hot) (approx. 24 and 21 years old). He had told me last spring that one of his daughters was dating a guy from England that raced sportbikes on a major circuit. Well the guy (James Ellison) was at the party (they are getting married in Vegas next Saturday). We talked for a while, really nice guy (28 years old). He will be racing in the British Super Bike series in 2009 for GSE Racing (on Yamaha's). He did spend a couple of years (2005 - 2006) in motogp. If you click on the first link below that's him (James Ellison) on the cover of the magazine (Motorcycle Racer December 2008 issue). The second link is an overview of his career.

He was very interested in the VFR, but when he found out I had a Goldwing he just wanted to go over to my house and take it for a spin.

https://classicissues.com/bidetail.asp?AutoNo=1002262

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ellison_(motorcycle_racer)

Later,

patnicholls
8th January 2009, 00:09
Nice one, I don't think I've actually met James on the BSB pit walks that accompany the rounds but that sounds great.

His MotoGP time was between the WCM team (hard work, no reward) and Tech 3 Yamaha (as team-mate to Carlos Checa, he struggled but was rather further down the parts pecking order to Rossi, Edwards & Checa as you can imagine) and I wrote an article on here some time ago about choice of career moves and how he could have been doing a lot better for himself with a couple of different choices. In 2008 of course he got back to BSB and had a brilliant season, landing him a ride with one of the top two teams in the championship (GSE Yamaha being the Airwaves Ducati squad - GSE also ran Neil Hodgson to third in WSB in 2002, along with JT's early WSB days). He also took a fourth place in a wildcard WSB appearance at Donington this season just gone, so things are coming together nicely for him all round.

Good stuff!

buddie
28th January 2009, 22:32
I went to the other Brother Deans Wedding in December. Nice Man Dean. So is James. Actually I know a lot of riders and they are all Great Blokes. James flew his parents and Brother and wife out to the States to meet his wifes family for the wedding

buddie
28th January 2009, 22:34
heres another pic

Brother Dean Ellison . Looking for a superbike/sport ride .