PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Racing in 2009?!

jens
1st January 2009, 00:19
With 2009 having arrived, thoughts are now concentrated on the new season and one of the main and most exciting questions is of course that how competitive is everyone going to be. It is expected that the performance gaps between teams will increase. With a lot of teams aiming for success, some of them inevitably have to fail. But who? Why do I start with Red Bull?

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081230090828.shtml
I happened to read these news and if they are true, I'm starting to wonder whether Red Bull is starting to become the first team about who there could be some real suspicions that 09 might not work out fine for them. I haven't expected much from STR anyway, but may RBR itself be following the same direction?

During years I have got the impression that the most optimal launch time is January - not too early, which means that the design hasn't been rushed. But also not too late, leaving enough testing time before the beginning of the season. However, with in-season testing ban and only one test before Melbourne it doesn't seem too promising for Red Bull. They may have that interim RB4 car, but it's not quite the same as the real car in RB5. Has anyone got any insight, why this decision could have taken place? Suspiciously unlike many other teams Red Bull hasn't announced its launch date yet either... and unsurprisingly - all those, who have announced so far, will launch their '09 challenger in January.

Valve Bounce
1st January 2009, 00:56
Does this have anything to do with the concerns about developing or even running the KERS in some of this year's cars from various teams?
I hope that Red Bull will do well as I think they have two fine drivers. Incidentally, Mark Webber's injury is to the right leg, and DC doesn't think it is all that serious as the left leg is the one used for the brake and needs more force to be exerted.
I also think that this team will be economically sound, because the more people worry about the econimic downturn, the more they will drink that Red Bull goop. :eek:

woody2goody
1st January 2009, 20:34
Even more interesting to me will be the battle between Red Bull and STR this year.

Will Vettel have made the right decision?
Will Bourdais remain at STR? (hope so)
Will they put Buemi in alongside Le Seb?
Will Webber's leg heal properly and quickly?
If not who will step in? (Neel Jani? Button? Davidson? Sato?)
Can they claw themeselves regularly into the top 8?
And finally will the Renault engine actually gain some power?

woody2goody
1st January 2009, 20:35
I also think that this team will be economically sound, because the more people worry about the econimic downturn, the more they will drink that Red Bull goop. :eek:

Lol I bought 8 cans in case I need to do my essays at night :)

Valve Bounce
2nd January 2009, 03:25
Lol I bought 8 cans in case I need to do my essays at night :)

You want to be careful with that stuff. I remember, in my uni days, we used to have No Doz pills for late night study-athlons, and there were also some purple pills available though I never tried them. I still remember one guy did really well after taking those purple pills and studied all night; he reckons he got a Distinction for his subject. The professor called him in a week later and asked why he wrote the word bananas over and over for every question. That's all he wrote!! He got a fail. :(