PDA

View Full Version : Santander Sponsorship cash?

grantb4
19th December 2008, 03:16
"Spain's Santander bank group, which operates in Europe and Latin America, was another big loser... Santander exposed $3.07 billion to Madoff's Ponzi scheme, the AP reports."

leopard
19th December 2008, 07:36
Granted that public prejudice against Madoff's founder was correct, the step taken by Santander could be a not too good precedence,eh, regardless of their internal conflict their full involvement in F1 to playing with their support for big teams I think earns praise.

aryan
19th December 2008, 15:30
RBS has also lost close to a billion. Aren't they still with Williams?

Knock-on
19th December 2008, 15:37
RBS has also lost close to a billion. Aren't they still with Williams?

This is an interesting point.

In times where companies are fleecing the tax payer, should they be spending cash on what could be argued is a frivolous expense, much as I like Williams?

Bagwan
19th December 2008, 17:05
It's ad space they buy , in different forms .

It could be argued that in difficult times , when your product is not selling , it is the most appropriate thing to do .
Advertise .

The space that Bernie sells must remain relevent , though , as bad press will empty ad space faster than something that's really fast .

But , with 50 bazillion viewers world wide , the ticket price is still not too high for some , as ad space is only just starting to re-adjust to the climate .

I would predict Bernie will lobby the FIA to allow different liveries on the cars , opening the floor to a whole new , more affordable sponsorship level .
I hope so , anyway .