PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for Ban Ki-moon

Roamy
18th December 2008, 01:23
Ki-moon rebuffed condi rice's request for a peace keeping force in Somalia.
Citing the fact there is no peace to keep. Yes we can keep our noses out of this deal. I kinda of like reading about the Pirates and how they can pirate a huge tanker with a fuching row boat.

Mark
18th December 2008, 09:00
Citing the fact there is no peace to keep. Yes we can keep our noses out of this deal. I kinda of like reading about the Pirates and how they can pirate a huge tanker with a fuching row boat.

Does sound like the oil tankers etc need to employ some armed guards. The pirates would think twice then. At the moment they are easy targets.

Mind you Somali is an example of a country where western powers have gotten involved then given up and left them to rot.

Eki
18th December 2008, 11:03
Citing the fact there is no peace to keep.
He's right. Remember the last time the US put their noses in Somalia?

http://www.thewe.cc/thewei/_/images11/somalia/somalia_after_us_paid_invasion.jpe

With Condi running things, "Black Hawk Down" could have a whole new meaning.

Meanwhile, this video could be named "White Hawk Ducks":

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7782422.stm

Eki
18th December 2008, 20:13
Meanwhile, this video could be named "White Hawk Ducks":

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7782422.stm
Let's not forget the message:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,469307,00.html

When he threw the shoes, he shouted at Bush in Arabic, "This is your farewell kiss, you dog! This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq."

Drew
18th December 2008, 21:35
It's an anarchist's paradise, isn't it?

Apparently they have good mobile network coverage and cheap prices :confused:

Mark in Oshawa
18th December 2008, 23:43
Eki loves seeing Americans being dragged through the streets I take it? Rather uncivilized little hole Somalia is. Yet another reason for the Americans to NOT get involved anywhere...that oughta improve things eh?

airshifter
19th December 2008, 01:04
Eki loves seeing Americans being dragged through the streets I take it? Rather uncivilized little hole Somalia is. Yet another reason for the Americans to NOT get involved anywhere...that oughta improve things eh?

Eki joys in the fact that US military men died, yet apparently has no regard for the hundreds of thousands in Somalia that died due to the situation. The fact that most of the world did nothing while the US supplied tens of thousands of pounds of food and humanitarian aid behind a force of US Marines is of no interest.

Apparently many counties don't understand or accept that people will often die in a just and noble cause. Even the surviving forces of the battles of Mogadishu accepted the deaths of their friends.

Mark in Oshawa
20th December 2008, 15:03
Airshifter, you have to quit telling the truth now. It gets in the way of convenient anti-American sentiments as spouted by our Finnish friend.

Somalia was a screwed up situation because the UN was calling most of the shots and Clinton agreed to put the US military under UN control to the point where Marines and the Army were fighting with one arm behind their back...that is not supposed to fight at all.

We had our scandal out of Somailia up here in Canada. The Para battalion was put in as a peacekeeping unit and they captured and killed some poor kid trying to steal their rations. It wasn't that they killed him but a few miscreants decided to have a little fun with him in the process. Of course, all militaries have the odd idiot, and the brass prosecuted those involved but the government disbanded one of the most decorated combat units in the Canadian military for this. We could use that kind of mentality now in Afghanistan where the enemy is not giving any quarter.....

AS for Somalis...the heck with em..

Eki
20th December 2008, 16:41
Somalia was a screwed up situation because the UN was calling most of the shots and Clinton agreed to put the US military under UN control to the point where Marines and the Army were fighting with one arm behind their back...that is not supposed to fight at all.

This might be news to you, but peacekeeping means keeping peace, it doesn't mean fighting, not one arm behind or otherwise. If locals get killed by the peacekeepers, the peace is gone, because the locals will revenge.

Jag_Warrior
20th December 2008, 17:30
Does sound like the oil tankers etc need to employ some armed guards. The pirates would think twice then. At the moment they are easy targets.

I wondered why the tankers haven't employed light weapons myself. Nothing crazy, just a couple of Barrett sniper rifles, a light machine gun or two and a few RPG's per ship. But I found out that most of the insurance carriers won't allow the ships to be armed and still carry policies.

But I saw last week that Blackwater (yep, that Blackwater) has been called upon to go kick some #ss and take some names. Blackwater is good at killing for money, and with their mission now to hunt pirates, I'd say it'll soon suck to be a pirate off the coast of Africa. If my company vanishes, maybe I'll go to North Carolina and try to sign up. I'm not a veteran, but I can hit a running wild boar at 40 yards with a pistol. Would ya, could ya let me be a pirate hunter too? :D

Roamy
20th December 2008, 17:44
good idea Jag - I would like to operate the 50 cal sniper rifle with the AA 12 for close in work! :p

Jag_Warrior
20th December 2008, 18:23
good idea Jag - I would like to operate the 50 cal sniper rifle with the AA 12 for close in work! :p

About ten years ago, I was at a range when a guy was firing his bolt action Barrett at a refrigerator about 1000 yards out. I thought my Weatherby magnum was bad until I saw this monster. You do not, I repeat, you do not stand BESIDE a Barrett when it fires. Man!!! :eek:

He was supposed to meet me and a buddy of mine the next week so we could shoot it too, when he had more ammo (which we'd be paying for at $3.00/round). He didn't show and we never saw him again. But if I ever have another chance, I'll go for it. With that huge muzzle brake, he said it didn't kick any worse than a 12 gauge shotgun.

I had to look up the AA12 that you mentioned before. I'd never heard of it. The details I found were kind of sketchy. It's been in development in various forms for a long time, no? Still, it seems interesting. And one design principle that it seems to borrow from the AK: loose design interference allows it to continue operating in dirty or muddy environments. Why has it taken so long for it to come into production... is it in full production yet? Still, sounds like it might be a good Pirate Popper, if you get into an up close & personal situation..

airshifter
21st December 2008, 00:05
This might be news to you, but peacekeeping means keeping peace, it doesn't mean fighting, not one arm behind or otherwise. If locals get killed by the peacekeepers, the peace is gone, because the locals will revenge.

This might be news to you, but if the situation is peaceful, there is no reason for peacekeepers.

The raids in Mogadishu were to remove some of those responsible for the starvatoin of thousands because they were controlling the food and humanitarian assistance coming from countries providing it. It would have been much easier to bomb the building, but the risk was taken to enter it to prevent casualties of innocents.

You may enjoy the deaths of US servicemen all you want Eki, but the US did nothing but defend it's own, and did not start the battle.

airshifter
21st December 2008, 00:09
Airshifter, you have to quit telling the truth now. It gets in the way of convenient anti-American sentiments as spouted by our Finnish friend.

We had our scandal out of Somailia up here in Canada. The Para battalion was put in as a peacekeeping unit and they captured and killed some poor kid trying to steal their rations. It wasn't that they killed him but a few miscreants decided to have a little fun with him in the process. Of course, all militaries have the odd idiot, and the brass prosecuted those involved but the government disbanded one of the most decorated combat units in the Canadian military for this. We could use that kind of mentality now in Afghanistan where the enemy is not giving any quarter.....

AS for Somalis...the heck with em..

I have a few friends that spent time in Somalia, and they were just as unimpressed with the way the UN was dealing with the situation.

As for the scandal, there is always someone that screws up the reputation of fine combat units. Sometimes I think it comes at the hands of those in charge of the units. It's hard to have an elite force that doesn't tend to lean towards fighting, and that often gets them in trouble.

Easy Drifter
21st December 2008, 00:48
Deploying the Cdn. Paras in Somalia was a dumb move.
There is a difference between Peacekeeping and Peacemaking. The mandate in Somalia was Peacekeeping. There was no peace to keep! It should have been Peacemaking.
Then the Paras would have been OK. They were a combat unit totally. They were a elite fighting unit with all training to fight not work with people. As a result they had a fair number of very hardnosed troops who did not give a sh-- for anyone. They were not suited for Peacekeeping.
Most other Cdn. Regiments are combat units but also are trained to deal with people as well. Witness Afganistan where the Cdn. troops are at the sharp end but also accomplishing more in rebuilding the infastucture and trust than soldiers from any other nation.
The Taliban hate them which is one reason the Cdns. are suffering more casulties per captia than any other forces. Very few are from actual combat but from IED's. The Taliban want no part of them in a firefight.
Eki with his virelent pacifist and rose coloured views will not understand this.

Eki
21st December 2008, 08:15
This might be news to you, but if the situation is peaceful, there is no reason for peacekeepers.

You defy logic. You can't keep peace if there is no peace. The Finnish peacekeepers have orders to shoot only for self defence. They aren't allowed to shoot the locals if the locals aren't shooting at them. For example, I saw a video where an armoured vehicle of Finnish peacekeepers tried to stop an Israeli bulldozer in Lebanon. The bulldozer just pushed their armoured vehicle aside and the Israelis on the bulldozer flipped the finger at the peacekeepers. Annoying, but the peacekeepers in the armoured vehicle could do nothing but curse, they weren't allowed to open fire at the Israelis. Well, at least they had the video to show the barbaric behaviour of the Israelis.

Eki
21st December 2008, 08:25
There is a difference between Peacekeeping and Peacemaking. The mandate in Somalia was Peacekeeping. There was no peace to keep! It should have been Peacemaking.
Then the Paras would have been OK. They were a combat unit totally. They were a elite fighting unit with all training to fight not work with people. As a result they had a fair number of very hardnosed troops who did not give a sh-- for anyone. They were not suited for Peacekeeping..

Yes, the Finnish peacekeepers usually have also civil occupations as builders, engineers, medics and such. They are there to help the locals rebuild their country.

Eki with his virelent pacifist and rose coloured views will not understand this.
There are Finnish peacekeepers also in Afghanistan, and only one or two of them have died. Maybe so many Canadiens die because the locals can't tell them apart from the Americans?

Easy Drifter
21st December 2008, 15:33
Read what I wrote.
The Cdn. troops are at the sharp end with the US and Brits.
The Finns and almost all others are in relatively safe parts of the country with little to do in the way of fighting, if they even are allowed to.
Afganistan is not supposed to be peacekeeping but fighting a war.
Rebuilding the country and gaining the trust of the Afgans is also important.
The first order of business is to defeat the Taliban and along the way develop the Afgan military so it can stand on its own. With that comes the rebuilding of the infastucture.
As I pointed out very few of Cdn. casulities have come from firefights. The Taliban want no part of Cdn. troops in a real battle. They lose big time when they try.
Most of the casulities have come from cowardly planted IED's. A few others from friendly fire.
By the way what the h--l has being mistaken for US soldiers got to do with anything. They are there the same as all allied forces should be, to beat the Taliban. Not hiding in areas where the Taliban do not operate.
I am sure the Finnish soldiers, who are well known for their fighting ability, would love to be at the sharp end if the frightened politicians would let them.
There is no question that there is a lot of corruption in Afganistan but that is a political matter that is beyond the control of any military.
I guess you also support the Somali pirates.
The Indian Navy seems to be the only one who really knows how to deal with them, with little restriction. As China is now sending a naval force to the area I expect they will be just as aggressive and ruthless.

Eki
21st December 2008, 16:50
By the way what the h--l has being mistaken for US soldiers got to do with anything. They are there the same as all allied forces should be, to beat the Taliban. Not hiding in areas where the Taliban do not operate.
I am sure the Finnish soldiers, who are well known for their fighting ability, would love to be at the sharp end if the frightened politicians would let them.

Then they wouldn't be peacekeepers but peacemakers (at best). The Soviets tried to beat the Talibani and failed, why do you think the US or any one but Afghans themselves will do better? Taliban will only be beaten when it loses all support from the people, and the foreign forces in Afghanistan may well increase their popularity instead of decreasing it.

Easy Drifter
21st December 2008, 17:18
Afganistan is not and never was Peacekeeping or even Peacemaking. It is and was war on the Taliban not the Afgan people.
As I pointed out part of the job is to ensure the Afgan Army is trained and equipped to deal with the Taliban on their own. The length of time this will take is questionable. Many of the Taliban are not Afgan or even Packistani, which is another problem.
Afganistan has been a quagmire for foreign troops for centuries. Yes, unless you can get the people on your side you will never win. Fighting a guerrilla war is doubly difficult.
Cdn. troops are supposed to withdraw in 2011. I hope it is not too soon.
Somalia is another mess that would take a strong force of fighting troops not peacekeepers. As pointed out there is no peace to keep. Most nations that could deal with the situation have no combat troops to spare and/or the will to deal with it.
Even the pirate situation is one most nations will not face up too.
However I can see aguing with you is akin to running into a brick wall over and over.
Churchill was right.

Tomi
21st December 2008, 18:24

Why do you think like that? My guess is that the most would like to be at home, after all they have no reason to be there at the first place.

markabilly
21st December 2008, 18:46
Read what I wrote.
The Cdn. troops are at the sharp end with the US and Brits.
The Finns and almost all others are in relatively safe parts of the country with little to do in the way of fighting, if they even are allowed to.
Afganistan is not supposed to be peacekeeping but fighting a war.
Rebuilding the country and gaining the trust of the Afgans is also important.
The first order of business is to defeat the Taliban and along the way develop the Afgan military so it can stand on its own. With that comes the rebuilding of the infastucture.
As I pointed out very few of Cdn. casulities have come from firefights. The Taliban want no part of Cdn. troops in a real battle. They lose big time when they try.
Most of the casulities have come from cowardly planted IED's. A few others from friendly fire.
There is no question that there is a lot of corruption in Afganistan but that is a political matter that is beyond the control of any military.
I guess you also support the Somali pirates.
The Indian Navy seems to be the only one who really knows how to deal with them, with little restriction. As China is now sending a naval force to the area I expect they will be just as aggressive and ruthless.

Afganistan is not and never was Peacekeeping or even Peacemaking. It is and was war on the Taliban not the Afgan people.
As I pointed out part of the job is to ensure the Afgan Army is trained and equipped to deal with the Taliban on their own. The length of time this will take is questionable. Many of the Taliban are not Afgan or even Packistani, which is another problem.
Afganistan has been a quagmire for foreign troops for centuries. Yes, unless you can get the people on your side you will never win. Fighting a guerrilla war is doubly difficult.
Cdn. troops are supposed to withdraw in 2011. I hope it is not too soon.
Somalia is another mess that would take a strong force of fighting troops not peacekeepers. As pointed out there is no peace to keep. Most nations that could deal with the situation have no combat troops to spare and/or the will to deal with it.
Even the pirate situation is one most nations will not face up too.
However I can see aguing with you is akin to running into a brick wall over and over.
Churchill was right.

There you go again making sense

Eki
21st December 2008, 19:00
Churchill was right.
About what? When he said: "Only Finland-superb, nay, sublime-in the jaws of peril-Finland shows what free men can do. The service rendered by Finland to mankind is magnificent. They have exposed, for all the world to see, the military incapacity of the Red Army and of the Red Air Force."? Finns were fighting to keep foreigners out of their country, and so are many Iraqis and Afghans. Where Finns "exposed, for all the world to see, the military incapacity of the Red Army and of the Red Air Force", Iraqis and Afghans might expose the military incapacity of the US Army and of the US Air Force.

http://www.winston-churchill-leadership.com/speech-mansions.html

Easy Drifter
21st December 2008, 21:44
That was not the quote and I did not and do expect you to figure it out.
Merry Christmas Eki.

Tomi: I do know about the Finnish troops except they have a rep. as real fighters.
The Cdn. troops are all volunteer soldiers. Many are actually reservists who only have to go if they want to. The reservists cannot be ordered to go. Our troops want to win and to help the Afgan people. Many are on their 3rd tour in Afganiastan.

Easy Drifter
21st December 2008, 22:29
Looking it up I see Finland has 100 non combat troops in Afghanistan whose mandate is 'Peacekeeping'. Hard to do when there is no peace to keep.
Canada has about 2800 fighting troops there who along with the US and British and a few others are trying to beat the "honourable" Taliban. The ones who open fire from schools and hospitals in hopes the opposing troops will not return the fire. The "honourable" ones who behead school teachers and throw acid into the faces of innocent schoolchildren. The ones who set IED's because they have not got the guts to fight openly.
The Taliban are not the real people of Afghanistan. They are nothing more than a bunch of cowardly terrorists.
The real Afghans are a proud people.
I am proud of the Cdn. troops and those of our fighting allies, the US and British.
While fighting, these men and women are also building roads, schools and safe water and also training the Afghanistan army so they can defend their own country. Yes we have had women soldiers killed and wounded. They also are at the sharp end in combat roles, not sulking in the rear.
If you do not like what I say, well, Merry Christmas.

Easy Drifter
26th December 2008, 20:32
Canada just had another soldier killed and 3 wounded by an IED planted by the cowardly Taliban. They usually do not have the guts to take on the Cdns., Brits. or the Yanks in a firefight. They rely on IEDs and Mines that are now banned by most nations. Of course, those cowards pay no attention to the Geneva Convention.
Too bad the rest of the NATO Nations do not have the intestinal fortitude to send their troops into dangerous areas but leave those areas to the US, Brits and Canada. :hot:

Camelopard
26th December 2008, 20:43
Canada just had another soldier killed and 3 wounded by an IED planted by the cowardly Taliban. They usually do not have the guts to take on the Cdns., Brits. or the Yanks in a firefight. They rely on IEDs and Mines that are now banned by most nations. Of course, those cowards pay no attention to the Geneva Convention.
Too bad the rest of the NATO Nations do not have the intestinal fortitude to send their troops into dangerous areas but leave those areas to the US, Brits and Canada. :hot:

Typical american, you forget that Australia has combat troops in Afghanistan as well and has suffered casulaties.

"Cowardly Taliban" I bet you weren't saying that about the Mujahideen when they were "'OUR fearless freedom fighters" that were taking on the Soviets by any means possible. This is indirectly where the Taliban came from.

anthonyvop
26th December 2008, 21:30
Eki,

You are one sick, jealous, ignorant ass for posting that photo. Those men were heroes. Something you will never understand or attain in your precious, shallow, cloistered, protected life!
Do not even bother responding to this post as It will be ignored.

Easy Drifter
27th December 2008, 00:38
Since when is a Cdn. an American? That is ignorant. I resent that very much. I am Canadian not an American. I am not putting down the US troops or the US, it is just I am very proud to be Cdn.
Yes, Australia has about 1000 regular troops in Afghanistan but I never hear of them been at the sharp end. I believe their SAS are. So are the Cdn. equivilant. If the regular Aussie troops are in the dangerous section I will give them all credit. Special forces of any nation actually suffer few casualties because of the way they operate and their incredible training. They also normally do not operate openly.
Australia's death toll is 7. Canada's is now 104. We have around 2800 soldiers there. Aussie troops are well respected for their fighting ability. Again I doubt the Taliban want any part of the Aussies in a firefight.
The Taliban also rarely openly fought the Soviet troops. If they are to be defeated the allies have to win the trust of the Afghan people and build up a efficient Afghan Army.
I gather Eki posted a rather disgusting photo.
Although Eki is Finnish and not Norwegian I feel that a one time he probably would be called a 'Quisling'.
Mods: If you feel I have overstepped the bounds on that last sentence please delete it but not the rest of my post.

PS Read, really read my post of Dec.21

Camelopard
27th December 2008, 02:15
Since when is a Cdn. an American? That is ignorant. I resent that very much. I am Canadian not an American. I am not putting down the US troops or the US, it is just I am very proud to be Cdn.
Yes, Australia has about 1000 regular troops in Afghanistan but I never hear of them been at the sharp end. I believe their SAS are. So are the Cdn. equivilant. If the regular Aussie troops are in the dangerous section I will give them all credit. Special forces of any nation actually suffer few casualties because of the way they operate and their incredible training. They also normally do not operate openly.
Australia's death toll is 7. Canada's is now 104. We have around 2800 soldiers there. Aussie troops are well respected for their fighting ability. Again I doubt the Taliban want any part of the Aussies in a firefight.
The Taliban also rarely openly fought the Soviet troops. If they are to be defeated the allies have to win the trust of the Afghan people and build up a efficient Afghan Army.

I know you are Canadian, that's why I called you an American, just to wind you up, I'm glad it had the desired result! (don't get too upset, I'm married to a Candian and I'm always winding her up about being American :) )

Anyway, technically you are an American, a North American, as some one who comes from the Americas, like South, Central or North America. :)

The Taliban are a result of what the West did in Afghanistan.

Earlier this year I spoke at length with a Pakistani army officer who was studying at a military college in Jordan (near Madaba), he is a Brigadier and on his return to Pakistan he would be promoted to Major General, so I tend to believe what he had to say.
He had served on every frontier in Pakistan as well as spending 2 years posted up on Siachen Glacier.

He said and I'm quoting him, 'it was the outside help given to the madrasis in Pakistan that has led to the emergence of the Taliban'.

I have his email adress if you wish to correspond with him.

Easy Drifter
27th December 2008, 05:08
There is little question the west, mostly the US, armed and supported the Taliban in their fight against Russia. There is also no question that, as history has shown, it was a mistake. The Taliban are as extremist as they come and by our standards are repressive to the democratic way.
It seems the majority of Afghans are against them.
Do you support the Taliban?
Do you support freedom?
I would not call Pakistan a true free country nor would I call Afghanistan a true free country.
Certainly neither are true democracies.
I just feel that they are better off, despite the warts than, in the case of Afghanistan being ruled by the Taliban or in the case of Pakistan being totally under the control of the military.
The whole situation is a convoluted quagmire and with Pakistan and India rattling sabres yet again, likely to become worse.
PS. I hope your Cdn. wife refers to your forebearers as 'transported criminals'. :D You certainly did wind me up.

SOD
27th December 2008, 18:25

care to tell about the recent history of Somalia?

Why was Ethopia launching airstrikes against Somalia? Wonder who was funding Ethiopia to do that!

strange isnt it how the global powers of the past 50 years appear to be useless these days.

Eki
27th December 2008, 18:45
Although Eki is Finnish and not Norwegian I feel that a one time he probably would be called a 'Quisling'.

Or if I were an Iraqi, I could be called a 'Nouri al-Maliki' or in Afghanistan 'Hamid Karzai'.

The Soviets had a Quisling/al-Maliki/Karzai ready for Finland. His name was Otto Ville Kuusinen, but he failed to gain power:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Wille_Kuusinen

When the Red Army began its advance during Winter War on November 30, 1939, he was pronounced head of the Terijoki Government, Stalin's puppet régime (of the so-called Finnish Democratic Republic) intended to rule the captured Finland. But as the war did not go as planned, and a negotiated peace with the Finnish government became unavoidable for the Soviet leadership, Kuusinen was put aside and made chairman of the presidium of Supreme Soviet of the Karelo-Finnish SSR (1940–1956).

SOD
27th December 2008, 18:54
I would not call Pakistan a true free country nor would I call Afghanistan a true free country.
Certainly neither are true democracies..

both countries certainly supported 100% by the West, whether you like it or not.

Not even Alexander the Great conquered Afghanistan, I'll tell ya, Stephen Harper is no Alexander the Great !

and as we type, not even The Mayor of Kabul controls all of Kabul. The so called surged only worked because the trouble makers were paid off for the time being.

Easy Drifter
27th December 2008, 20:06
I don't think anyone has ever conquered the Afghans!
Harper is certainly no Alexander the Great. He is having enough problems with Canada but don't get me going on that. :D
I am slightly to the right of Attila the Hun, or maybe Hagar the Horrible. :eek:

Roamy
27th December 2008, 20:36

Why was Ethopia launching airstrikes against Somalia? Wonder who was funding Ethiopia to do that!

strange isnt it how the global powers of the past 50 years appear to be useless these days.

No --- fuch somalia - if it were up to me the next hijacking that dump would be glowing for 10 years as a light for ships traveling at night.

As you can and will see Israel is going to up the cost of hamas attacks. I expect many more innocent lives to be lost but Hamas is bringing it so there you have it. Somalia is a POS country - maybe they could give it to the Jews and they could move. All of this senseless bombing will never stop until the price is too high. Like Hackworth said - we should make the border between afghan and pakistan glow - that would take care of that problem. But of course SOD and EKI would rather eat the first nuke before responding.

SOD
28th December 2008, 00:01
^ you dont get a say. You might think you do, but you don't, neither will you sign up to put your a$$ where you want your fellow countrymans.

if you think making the borders glow will solve the problem, my oh my.

Roamy
28th December 2008, 01:18
SOD you criticize us every time we take it to someone. Then I agree with you.
Close all our bases around the world come home and leave alone. However if someone attacks us AGAIN then that part of the world will be aglow. I don't think popping a few insurgents in a toyota is getting us anywhere. So I am in favor of packing up and coming home. I will still give you the UN. I will normalize relations with Cuba with the understanding of no major military. I would like to have the Napa franchise for Cuba. Then we can see if the World wants to live peacefully or back us into the corner like Israel. Lets try it and see how it works. We will put all our resources to work making us energy independent. You guys deal with Iran because they won't ever get anything delivered here. If countries want a US Military base then they can pay us a very hefty price.

Easy Drifter
28th December 2008, 01:40
Fousto: I sure you have noticed SOD and Eki rarely respond directly to any blunt question. They duck and dodge like a trained politician and often come back with questions that do not have a direct bearing on the post they are supposedly replying to. A typical trick when they have no legitimate response.
I am beginning to think we should do what they deserve. Ignore them.
Let them carry on in their leftist/socialist anti western world.

SOD
28th December 2008, 01:52
leftist/socialist world. LOL, you know that's what your friends in the USA call you Canadians LOL.

Do you know where the money that was paid to keep the pirates away is now spent on? it's spent on leftist socialist programs to prop up failed businesses! Call me anti-western and a socialist all you want, I bet you're doing nothing about the spread of socialism in your own country or throughout the west.

Roamy
28th December 2008, 17:06
Fousto: I sure you have noticed SOD and Eki rarely respond directly to any blunt question. They duck and dodge like a trained politician and often come back with questions that do not have a direct bearing on the post they are supposedly replying to. A typical trick when they have no legitimate response.
I am beginning to think we should do what they deserve. Ignore them.
Let them carry on in their leftist/socialist anti western world.

Yes I notice. And his pal EKI just talks about WWII every time he can't answer. But that is why we have to pack up and go. Between Canada and the US we really don't need anyone else except the Italians so we can have world class sh!t to buy. We have the Mexican Rivera and can you just imagine when we lift sanctions against Cuba (you can already go there). Now if we just legalize cocaine then Colombia could be the next vacation spot in the world. All the corruption would die away in Mexico and Delta would be hauling the drugs. OH BTW on our way out we will make sure the afghan borders will supply their neighbors with light for about 10 years.

SOD
28th December 2008, 18:31
just throw out insults.

Easy Drifter
29th December 2008, 05:57
Sod (It fits) You are great at throwing out rather silly retorical questions. You won't give an answer to them when asked what your answer would be.
As for direct questions to you on your position on anything you completely ignore them or come back with bafflegab. You have never answered any direct question that I have asked you. Yet you have the unmitigated gall to critisize me for not answering a silly hypothetical query.
At least Eki (who I may never agree with) reveals his nationality and is proud of it. I respect him for that.
Although I am right wing I would never, ever approve of the use of Nukes anywhere unless attacked by said country.
Outside of killing and maiming of probably millions of innocent people, the fallout around the world would be devastating.
That might be the one thing Eki and I probably would agree on. I am not so sure of you.

TOgoFASTER
1st January 2009, 05:52

Ethiopia invaded Somalia. A surrogate to help maintain a more appealing government for their benefactors.
Most Somalians don't support the current governement and historically mixing in Ethiopian invaders to support it was not such a good idea.
Pretty much the same cluelessness that has come to be expected from the outgoing US administration.

Before the recent UN peacekeeper decision...
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/11/23/ethiopia.somalia.troops/index.html

And there is that support of The Alliance for the Restoration of Peace and Counter-Terrorism to look at. These are the very people that killed heroes.

Also appears that the pirates are much more warlord related than that of the Islamic Courts Union that was overthrown.

Heck of a job... again.

TOgoFASTER
1st January 2009, 07:55
page 2

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081229/ap_on_re_af/af_somalia