PDA

View Full Version : Stepping away from rally for a moment...

lugnut_usa
12th December 2008, 14:30
...I just wanted to mention that in what little spare time I have, I've been sneaking in a few laps with the new Indycar 2008 mod for rFactor (http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Indycar%20Series%202008). I have a soft spot for Indy racing (Indycar Racing 1 by Papyrus was the first racing sim I ever owned) so it's been fun. ;)

52Paddy
13th December 2008, 10:58
Will we be seeing you in the 2009 CMR2 championship lugnut?

lugnut_usa
13th December 2008, 14:09
I'm planning on it, even if it's just a part-time effort. :)

Finding time for gaming is a bit of a pain sometimes, so I don't really like to make a commitment that I can't follow through on. I'll run as many as I can but I just can't guarantee a full season.

(my title might've been misleading, I didn't mean *I* was stepping away, just that most of the threads here have been regarding rally games, so I wanted to mention the Indy mod was out and that I thought it was worth a look if you have rFactor)

52Paddy
13th December 2008, 15:35
Finding time for gaming is a bit of a pain sometimes, so I don't really like to make a commitment that I can't follow through on. I'll run as many as I can but I just can't guarantee a full season.

I know exactly what you mean. When I entered rally Japan this year, that was my first rally since Cyprus 2006. Now, I plan on making a full attack at next year, not to win the title, but to score a few points anyway.