PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Wales Rally GB - official thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

BDunnell
5th December 2008, 09:56
Oh come on Ben I think you know better than to agree with that for the very reasons I posted above. I agree that stages should go ahead unless the stages are truly unpassable but only if the cars have the option to choose the tyres they want which is what happened in the past, which is what we all have fond memories of.

My 'thumbs up' to Iskald's comment was with that in mind, of course. But I do think the comparison with those stages on the Monte is perhaps relevant.

jparker
5th December 2008, 09:59
Good effort for both Subaru's
There is no effort I think. More likely Ford and Citroen being cautions.

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 10:03
Even the Suzukis are faster than the Citroëns...well, well :s

Brother John
5th December 2008, 10:04
I love this results. :p :

jonkka
5th December 2008, 10:05
Who gave Ogi a banana? :eek:

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 10:05
OGIER !!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Gard
5th December 2008, 10:08
Østberg faster than Atko :-)

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 10:10
I bet Umo would be regretting not entering here now looking at these results.

BDunnell
There is no effort I think. More likely Ford and Citroen being cautions.

But whoever comes out on top will still deserve it on one level, because the circumstances are the same for everybody. If Ford and Citroen want to be over-cautious that's their problem and their mistake.

Daniel
I bet Umo would be regretting not entering here now looking at these results.
Umo who?

pino
5th December 2008, 10:11
Anyone has split times link ? Thanks :D

WRC1
5th December 2008, 10:11
OGIER !!!!!! :eek: :eek:

the rise of a new superstar??

Daniel
5th December 2008, 10:12
My 'thumbs up' to Iskald's comment was with that in mind, of course. But I do think the comparison with those stages on the Monte is perhaps relevant.

True enough.

I agree the Monte comparison is good. But just remember that even today with moronic tyre rules the drivers still have a slick and a studded tyre. So unless the roads suddenly get a thick cover of gravel on them they should have a tyre which if they've chosen well will be suitable for a good part of the loop of stages. If they choose wrong then it's up to them to limp through the stages and get back to service. It's rallying. But being forced to drive on the wrong tyre isn't rallying.....

Gard
Useless WRR!

Brother John
It becomes still even not annoying here! :cool:

Daniel
5th December 2008, 10:13
Anyone has split times link ? Thanks :D
http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=409&season=2008&rally_id=GB

John V
5th December 2008, 10:15
I received fax from MH (thanks!), updated timetable of today: SS4 - 13:45, SS5 - 14:03, SS6 - 14:31, SS7 - 17:29, SS8 - 17:40 (local time). Times on vysledky-rally.cz we publishing as GMT+1 (CET, our local time)

pino
5th December 2008, 10:16
http://wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=409&season=2008&rally_id=GB

Thanks ;)

jonkka
5th December 2008, 10:17
Mikko is set to lose a lot...

Micke_VOC
5th December 2008, 10:18
Nice start for Ogier, first SS in a WRC and stage win.

I think the road position its important, more cars = less ice and snow

(Maybe a PWRC can be very high in the results )

MikeD
5th December 2008, 10:18
Auch Hirvonen 23 sec slower than Loeb....

Daniel
5th December 2008, 10:23

Sebastien Ogier, Sebastian Vettel and Sebastien Loeb. Must be something about being a Sebastien/Sebastian which makes you a natural when it comes to motorsport.

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 10:25
Haninen has had a bad first stage for PWRC

Iskald
5th December 2008, 10:28

Of course later cars will rub through some of the ice, and furthermore sliding and braking from the early cars will bring gravel and mud onto the ice, so conditions will be changing all the time. I think Loeb actually did a very good time on the stage, as well as Petter. Henning Solberg should have been quicker. Sebastian Ogier must have thrown all caution to the wind, very impressive indeed!

Brother John
5th December 2008, 10:29
It would be beautiful if all IRC drivers were here, which have got used to fight for the lead! :s tareup:

jiipee64
5th December 2008, 10:30
>>Sebastien Ogier, Sebastian Vettel and Sebastien Loeb.
>>Must be something about being a Sebastien/Sebastian
>>which makes you a natural when it comes to motorsport

Same thing with the surname ending with NEN
KankkuNEN, MäkiNEN, HirvoNEN, RäikköNEN, HäkkiNEN, SaloNEN etc...

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 10:34
>>Sebastien Ogier, Sebastian Vettel and Sebastien Loeb.
>>Must be something about being a Sebastien/Sebastian
>>which makes you a natural when it comes to motorsport

So the ultimate driver would be called Sebastien SomethingNEN!!!! LOL

DonJippo
5th December 2008, 10:35

Don't forget AlenEN, LatvalaNEN, AirikkalaNEN & MikkolaNEN to name few more ... :p

jonkka
5th December 2008, 10:37
But do not mention Halonen or Vanhanen

Oops... I just did...

Micke_VOC
5th December 2008, 10:38
Great time by PG again... =)

Daniel
So the ultimate driver would be called Sebastien SomethingNEN!!!! LOL
Imagine a genetically engineered Finn/Frenchman. Unbeatable on ice, gravel and tarmac.

Viking
NorjalaiNEN :rotflmao:

DonJippo
5th December 2008, 10:39
But do not mention Halonen or Vanhanen

Sitä Halolla päähän joka Vanhoja muistelee :p :

jiipee64
5th December 2008, 10:40
>>Imagine a genetically engineered Finn/Frenchman.
>>Unbeatable on ice, gravel and tarmac.

Toivonen ???

jonkka
5th December 2008, 10:41
Imagine a genetically engineered Finn/Frenchman. Unbeatable on ice, gravel and tarmac.

There is: Vatanen. A Finn living in french chateau and appearing in TV5 alongside Prost.

Leon
5th December 2008, 10:42
GronholmNEN

DonJippo
5th December 2008, 10:44
NorjalaiNEN :rotflmao:

Unfortunately-NEN does not work with non-Finns ;)

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 10:46
Ogier still leading in front of Östberg and Latvala after SS3 :cool:

Iskald
"The little lemming", Mads Østberg is quite impressive too...!

nightracer
wrc.com keep crashing - can anyone give a reliable site for results!!!

Please, anyone!

Tomi
5th December 2008, 10:47
"The little lemming"
LOL

jonkka
5th December 2008, 10:49
wrc.com keep crashing - can anyone give a reliable site for results!!!

Please, anyone!

http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/?rz=920&filtr=

Finni
5th December 2008, 10:50
Any interviews of drivers? Any other stage times than ss. 3? I am sick of wrc.com. Thanks guys already beforehand to putting quality links to the thread.

jonkka
5th December 2008, 10:51
Any interviews of drivers? Any other stage times than ss. 3? I am sick of wrc.com. Thanks guys already beforehand to putting quality links to the thread.

nightracer
5th December 2008, 10:51

Much better - thanks.

Did the Estonian sites stop doing live split relays?

jonkka
5th December 2008, 10:52
Thank John V and his crew

badterminal
5th December 2008, 10:52
So Stage 1 was cancelled due too to much ice?.
I thought this sport was called Rallying!!. They would never cancel stages in years gone by, would they?.

Daniel
5th December 2008, 10:59

Toivonen ???

I've always felt Toivonen was a little overrated. I mean the season was only one third done when he had his unfortunate accident. But I never saw the guy drive so I can't really comment personally.

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 11:03
Hanninen with suspected broken driveshaft. Passed by Aigner in stage, so title race might already be over.

noel157
5th December 2008, 11:09
Hanninen with suspected broken driveshaft. Passed by Aigner in stage, so title race might already be over.

Was wondering why Hanninen was so slow. Looking good for Aigner but a long way to go. Not the best way to decide a title.

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 11:13
No PWRC times anymore after the first seven drivers :confused:

A.F.F.
5th December 2008, 11:17
Good morning guys :wave:

How's the weather there at Wales? Let me guess, sunny and dry, probably dusty stages?

Finni
5th December 2008, 11:17

Nah, If Aigner scores second Hänninen has to just take few points if they repair his car in the service.

Ghostwalker
5th December 2008, 11:20
tom206wrc, apparently there has been an accident. They (WRR) said that a spectator was being taken away with an ambulance. and they stage it being stopped until the spectator has been brought away.

Daniel
5th December 2008, 11:22
Good morning guys :wave:

How's the weather there at Wales? Let me guess, sunny and dry, probably dusty stages?

It's hailing here in sunny North Wales so bound to be summery in Mid Wales :laugh:

noel157
5th December 2008, 11:24
tom206wrc, apparently there has been an accident. They said that a spectator was being taken away with an ambulance. and they stage it being stopped until the spectator has been brought away.

Somebody hit by a flying stone apparently. Stage now running again.

John V
5th December 2008, 11:24
Thank John V and his crew
Thanks for compliments, forward them to my wife pls, as she's not much happy for another weekend I'll be 'out of order' for my family :)

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 11:25
Stage 3 stopped so ambulance can attend to a spectator

Daniel
5th December 2008, 11:26
Binoculars will soon become necessary for spectating at rally GB.

cut the b.s.
5th December 2008, 11:27
come on! Of course we drive with winter tires without studs! almost one third of the cars are using winter tires without studs in Estonia. There are even plans to ban studded tires in Estonia.
I don't see a real problem there. Softer tires have often much better grip in winter that hard compound winter tires. I have driven with 4WD car with soft gravel tires on in winter. actually it was much better grip than with proper winter tires without studs. The problem is that most of the WRC field is not used to that kind of conditions and to allow them to drive with such a powerful machinery on snow is a little bit beyond of their skills.

Very wise talk by Iskand. With such a slippery conditions there are less crashes, because everybody are more cautious and if something happens then the speed is much slower and the crash is usually much smaller as well.

Have you driven on UK snow roads? The snow there is damper and packs more, I have driven on snow in Canada, UK, Germany and Austria, in the UK it is by far more slippery, it just packs down to hard ice and it would be crazy to ask drivers to compete on this GIVEN THE LACK OF SUITABLE TYRES AS IS THE SITUATION FORCED ON THEM THIS YEAR

Great start for Baby Seb, although road conditions are no doubt better further back.

noel157
5th December 2008, 11:27
Nah, If Aigner scores second Hänninen has to just take few points if they repair his car in the service.

Maybe good thing it happened so early but currently lying circa 2 mins behind Aigner.

noel157
5th December 2008, 11:30
Thanks for compliments, forward them to my wife pls, as she's not much happy for another weekend I'll be 'out of order' for my family :)

John, much appreciate your hard work with the site and say hi to your good lady. Tell her she's very lucky to have you.

jonkka
5th December 2008, 11:37

Always happy to pay my respects to a fellow webmaster. My wife is similarly "abandoned" during rally weekends but she's gotten used to it by now. :)

Janne
5th December 2008, 11:39

Hope nothing major is broken on Juho's car ...

Raini
5th December 2008, 11:44
Originally Posted by noel157 http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=561613#post561613)

Binoculars will soon become necessary for spectating at rally GB.

Helmet as well :vader: :D

Iskald
5th December 2008, 11:46
Have you driven on UK snow roads? The snow there is damper and packs more, I have driven on snow in Canada, UK, Germany and Austria, in the UK it is by far more slippery, it just packs down to hard ice and it would be crazy to ask drivers to compete on this GIVEN THE LACK OF SUITABLE TYRES AS IS THE SITUATION FORCED ON THEM THIS YEAR

I think people in Estonia, Norway, Sweden etc. etc. has quite good experience with all different forms of snow and ice. Dry, damp, wet, compacted, you name it, we know exactly how slippery the different conditions can be. Nothing unique about UK snow roads. OK, its slippery, but so is my driveway - several times throughout every winter.

How many has actually gone of the road on the two first stages so far in Wales?

Daniel
5th December 2008, 11:49
I think people in Estonia, Norway, Sweden etc. etc. has quite good experience with all different forms of snow and ice. Dry, damp, wet, compacted, you name it, we know exactly how slippery the different conditions can be. Nothing unique about UK snow roads. OK, its slippery, but so is my driveway - several times throughout every winter.

But you don't rally on your driveway and you can choose suitable tyres.....

N.O.T
5th December 2008, 11:58
Is there a reason why front runners are so slow ??

Sponsor boy is flying !!!

Mauri A
5th December 2008, 11:59

Great start for Baby Seb, although road conditions are no doubt better further back.
I competed in RAC rally 1971 with Peugeot 204 gr 2 Phil Short as co-driver. We had well used snow tyres but all went fine untill I hit sideways a pile of logs and bent the wheels. Our so called "service car" did not arrive to the stage finish and the rally was over. I´ve seen snow in many countries but do not find any differerences between snow in UK or other places!

Btw there is a very good DVD of RAC 1971 called "From Harrogate it started" made by Dukevideo.

N.O.T
5th December 2008, 12:01
some comments

LOEB S. / ELENA D. "Start was OK, until 15 km it was good, but then was ice and we run sideways all the time. I almost spun. I'm happy to be in finish, don't care about time."

HIRVONEN M. / LEHTINEN J. "When ice start, it was awfull. I had big moment on every kilometer."

SORDO D. / MARTÍ M. "Very bad, I din't drive good. It was hard to drive faster on this conditions, not possible to see where is the ice."

LATVALA J.-M. / ANTTILA M. "For first time I had some confidence, but it was very slippery. Honestly, I had one awfull moment. It went good, but suddenly there was ice."

ATKINSON Ch. / PREVOT S. "OK, I didn't push hard. There was snow and ice, I was cautious."

SOLBERG P. / MILLS P. "OK, good start. Feeling was better, but I was driving bit cautiously."

OGIER S. / INGRASSIA J. "Start like from dream. I'm very surprised. it was very slippery, I saw no traces."

cali
5th December 2008, 12:01
Unfortunately-NEN does not work with non-Finns ;)
Virolainen - know couple of them. Have finnish roots (inkeriläiset).
Reijo Ruotsalainen :D
OK, enough finnsh for today :cool:

cali
5th December 2008, 12:05
I've always felt Toivonen was a little overrated. I mean the season was only one third done when he had his unfortunate accident. But I never saw the guy drive so I can't really comment personally.
You are hopeless... He was the best talent in rallying..u know that sometimes titles do not count considering talent, u have to have the right combination to win championships (Loeb-Citroen). But for You talent = points :rolleyes:

And u are funny too, "I never saw the guy drive so I can't really comment personally" - and still You comment ....

Daniel
5th December 2008, 12:44
You are hopeless... He was the best talent in rallying..u know that sometimes titles do not count considering talent, u have to have the right combination to win championships (Loeb-Citroen). But for You talent = points :rolleyes:

And u are funny too, "I never saw the guy drive so I can't really comment personally" - and still You comment ....

Perhaps my English wasn't the best. I should have said I can't compare him directly to the other drivers I've seen in the flesh.

The thing is Henri died without achieving much when you compare him to the other Finns who were around at the time. Points aren't everything when comparing drivers but there is only so far you can go on potential. There have been so many drivers who have come along with great car control and have never amounted to all that much when compared to the hype. Juha converted potential into 4 titles so in my opinion that makes him a great driver.

I subscribe to the school of thought that says it's silly to compare Kankkunen to Loeb and so on. They are of different periods of rallying and who knows what they would have done in each other's shoes. I never even mentioned Loeb yet you somehow seem to have me down as someone who thinks that Loeb is instantly the greatest because he has the most rally wins and titles.

Perhaps Toivonen could have been the greatest ever...... know one really knows but I dont see two rally wins in the S4 as evidence that he was evidence that he was unbeatable on gravel, tarmac and ice.

BDunnell
5th December 2008, 12:45
Perhaps my English wasn't the best. I should have said I can't compare him directly to the other drivers I've seen in the flesh.

The thing is Henri died without achieving much when you compare him to the other Finns who were around at the time. Points aren't everything when comparing drivers but there is only so far you can go on potential. There have been so many drivers who have come along with great car control and have never amounted to all that much when compared to the hype. Juha converted potential into 4 titles so in my opinion that makes him a great driver.

I subscribe to the school of thought that says it's silly to compare Kankkunen to Loeb and so on. They are of different periods of rallying and who knows what they would have done in each other's shoes. I never even mentioned Loeb yet you somehow seem to have me down as someone who thinks that Loeb is instantly the greatest because he has the most rally wins and titles.

Perhaps Toivonen could have been the greatest ever...... know one really knows but I dont see two rally wins in the S4 as evidence that he was evidence that he was unbeatable on gravel, tarmac and ice.

Moderators, could I suggest that the Toivonen posts be put into their own thread? I'd like to discuss this but don't feel this thread is the place...

nightracer
5th December 2008, 12:48
SS4 cancelled - was a repeat of SS1 so no surprise but still disappointing

noel157
5th December 2008, 12:52
I was lucky to see Henri Toivonen many times and there was something about him that made him stand out from his contemporaries, an aura or something. I can only compare it to McRae's early years. There was always a buzz, a air of respect and excitement when you knew his car was approaching. It's hard to explain but once he passed by you knew you had just witnessed sheer brillance and genius behind the wheel of the Sunbeam or Manta or 911 or whatever he was driving.

J.Lindstroem
5th December 2008, 12:54

Sebastian Lindholmnen should be the perfect name!

Daniel
5th December 2008, 13:05
Moderators, could I suggest that the Toivonen posts be put into their own thread? I'd like to discuss this but don't feel this thread is the place...
Here we go :)

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=561681#post561681

Iskald
5th December 2008, 13:13
But you don't rally on your driveway and you can choose suitable tyres.....

Ask my wife about my driveway driving style...And I have only one set of wintertyres for my minibus.

Daniel
5th December 2008, 13:14
Ask my wife about my driveway driving style...And I have only one set of wintertyres for my minibus.
If you wanted ten sets you could have ten sets. My point is you have a choice and they don't. Why are you arguing small details when my point is pretty obvious?

Iskald
5th December 2008, 13:30
If you wanted ten sets you could have ten sets. My point is you have a choice and they don't. Why are you arguing small details when my point is pretty obvious?

Have you heard about something called humour, Daniel?

JAM
5th December 2008, 13:33
Armindo Araujo came off on the liasion after the SS3. It was a off at 10km/h and the car stuck in the mud 1m bellow the road with not only a damage at all... It was near the place where Loeb rolled on the reece.

This is a really bad year to Armindo. An excess of problems and bad luck.

Ghostwalker
5th December 2008, 13:42
ouch another accidnt :( #86 car driver and co-driver to hostpital according to wrr. Collision with another car during transport. The people in the other car are ok.

Brother John
5th December 2008, 13:42

Why you have to spoil all THREADs? :confused:

mdesign
5th December 2008, 13:45
Armindo Araujo came off on the liasion after the SS3. It was a off at 10km/h and the car stuck in the mud 1m bellow the road with not only a damage at all... It was near the place where Loeb rolled on the reece.

This is a really bad year to Armindo. An excess of problems and bad luck.

Sad to know :(

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 13:52
ouch another accidnt :( #86 car driver and co-driver to hostpital according to wrr. Collision with another car during transport. The people in the other car are ok.

:s

:(

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 14:02
SS5 running...Loeb has finished ;)

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 14:04
No time for Hirvonen...catastrophic for Ford M-Sport :s :s

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 14:05
Nearly four minutes slower for Hirvonen

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 14:06
He did not sound confident over the first pass, things must have gotten worse.

Frozzy
5th December 2008, 14:08
where is the best place to get live timings over the stages please?

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 14:11
where is the best place to get live timings over the stages please?

http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/?rz=922&filtr=

Plus Hirvonen rolled on SS5

Ghostwalker
5th December 2008, 14:11
Hirvonen has rolled on SS5 according to WRR

MikeD
5th December 2008, 14:12
Hirvonen has been in the points 17 rallies in a row. Maybe an impressive run is comming to an end.

Micke_VOC
5th December 2008, 14:16
Anyone get the splits working ?

jonkka
5th December 2008, 14:17
Too short stage for splits

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 14:17
Big number of PWRCs already retired(and maybe in superrally tomorrow) :eek:

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 14:23
Ogier still leading YEEEEEAAAAHHHH :bounce: :bounce:

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 14:24
Hirvonen missing front bumper and bad radiator damage, with mud caking it.

Frozzy
P-g Andersonns going great so far hopfully suzuki has fixed the problems with the car

ZequeArgentina
If car is not damage Hirvonen canstill end in the poins, 4 minutes is an usual difference between the first one and the 5th position.

J4MIE
5th December 2008, 14:25
Looks like these few kilometres are still very difficult...... Looking forward to the coverage :)

bt52b
5th December 2008, 14:27
If you're fed up with WRR, Rally FM (aka RLM) is live too
Sara Mills and Matt Burt (MN editor) are on for the afternoon

feed
http://raceradio.octopusmt.com

Frozzy
5th December 2008, 14:31
ostberg is also going better than i expected over these stages

alleskids
5th December 2008, 14:32
This World Rallysprint Championship is brilliant, with youngsters Ostberg and Ogier running the show :)

Daniel
5th December 2008, 14:33

feed
Got to love their music :p

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 14:35
SS6 delayed by 10 minutes :confused:

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 14:39
It may be shortened but there has been not shortage of drama today

Daniel
5th December 2008, 14:39

feed
Mark James!!!! Yay!

WRC1
5th December 2008, 14:45
aigners speed is really impressive, he does everything he can to reach the championship. and häninens bad luck helps him also...

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 14:46
Loeb was 4 seconds slower on the second pass

MikeD
5th December 2008, 14:50
Ogier still leading YEEEEEAAAAHHHH :bounce: :bounce:

I had so high expectations of him ... and he is delivering .... big time :up:

urabus-denoS2000
5th December 2008, 14:55
Wow,interesting results so far!!!!

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 14:59
Petter was on a flyer but his windscreen fogged up after the watersplash.

It is a case of the survival of the fittest.

Micke_VOC
5th December 2008, 15:00
PG out ?? Not any splits after second split )=

Micke_VOC
5th December 2008, 15:04
Ogier +7 on second split...
And a great time from PG again...

Daniel
5th December 2008, 15:09
Petter was on a flyer but his windscreen fogged up after the watersplash.

Petter's middle name should be bad luck :mark:

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 15:10
Ogier has had an off and developed gearbox problems dropping to 7th.

The dream run is over for now

J.Lindstroem
5th December 2008, 15:11
We have a Suzuki on the poduim! :D

J4MIE
Sad for Ogier but it's not a good first event to try to be a hero :(

ttiirika
Ogier has had an off and developed gearbox problems dropping to 7th.

The dream run is over for now

Tactics for tomorrow? Could it be?

Frozzy
5th December 2008, 15:14
Latvala leading but will bad luck strike him yet again?

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 15:15

I think Citreon would have preferred Ogier to be in front for tomorrow's stages to sweep the road for Leob.

Problem is most likely genuine.

Buzz Lightyear
I love conspircy theory's and here is my latest. I feel there has been a decision made to promote Ogier and ditch Sordo. Ogier is very impressive this rally. To be honest, just beating Prokop for pace in JWRC, then going to leading GB, albeit under favorable running order, is impressive.

Daniel
Perhaps but I don't think so. I doubt the stages will be as cold tomorrow and will have thawed out and it's not too bad being first on the road when it's wet.

Daniel
5th December 2008, 15:16
Latvala leading but will bad luck strike him yet again?
I think Latvala will just crash of his own accord ;)

Micke_VOC
5th December 2008, 15:19
Flodin leading PWRC after SS5, but second fastest N4 car, Wilks is fastest of them, but not competing in PWRC i think.

J4MIE
5th December 2008, 15:20
Wilks is competing in the British Championship.

ProRally
5th December 2008, 15:22
Flodin is testing/showing the URT car (Uspensky Rally Team Moscou)

Frozzy
5th December 2008, 15:23
is any one using the new Mitsubish evo X this weekend?

rp
5th December 2008, 15:24
Flodin leading PWRC after SS5, but second fastest N4 car, Wilks is fastest of them, but not competing in PWRC i think.

Wilks and David Higgins are the wild card entries, so they are competing in the PCWRC

MikeD
5th December 2008, 15:26
Hanninen stuck in watersplash. Aigner is currently 3rd. If that result stands they are equal on points but Aigner would win the title due to more victories...

J4MIE
5th December 2008, 15:27
Wilks and David Higgins are the wild card entries, so they are competing in the PCWRC

Ok cheers :up:

jonas_mcrae
5th December 2008, 15:31
it would great if the Suzuki stayed there! (or at least somewhere around 5th) Great work PG!!

jonas_mcrae
5th December 2008, 15:34
by the way any good pics around? ewrc.cz doesnt have any at the moment...

Suzuki guys have a few http://www.suzukisport.com/wrc/e/p-v/index.html

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 15:34
Not a great event conditions for S2000s and their non-turbo engines(traction problems for Sandell) :mark: but result until now isn't too bad neither though

AlfaWRC
5th December 2008, 15:39
Hanninen stuck in watersplash. Aigner is currently 3rd. If that result stands they are equal on points but Aigner would win the title due to more victories...

Come on Andi, come on!!!! The door is wide open. Keep on fighting for the title.
We cross all our fingers here in Austria!!!

N.O.T
5th December 2008, 15:44
I never thought Ogier would be so quick....nice entry in the world championship or sure and a much needed one.

Is sponsor boy trying to be so slow ?? or he is just a natural ??

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 15:48
I hope PG's performance is enough to push the corporate boys back at Suzuki HQ to commit to 2009.

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 15:49
Brynildsen lost 2'22" in third split SS6 :confused:

MikeD
5th December 2008, 15:50
Is sponsor boy trying to be so slow ?? or he is just a natural ??

:rotflmao:

Frozzy
5th December 2008, 15:50
who's sponsor boy?

Lalo
5th December 2008, 15:51
Good morning, everyone!!

What the hell? PG is third, Ogier led the rally... Simpley: WOW!!!

Too bad Mikko rolled. Maybe Jari-Matti can give a good fight for a win, but no more manufacturer's championship in mind.

MikeD
5th December 2008, 15:51
Come on Andi, come on!!!! The door is wide open. Keep on fighting for the title.
We cross all our fingers here in Austria!!!

Fingers crossed :D

jonkka
5th December 2008, 15:53

More victories? Both have three this season...

MikeD
5th December 2008, 15:54
Too bad Mikko rolled. Maybe Jari-Matti can give a good fight for a win, but no more manufacturer's championship in mind.

I think Citroën has put the champagne in the fridge, but since they are only 11 points in front, they cannot afford a double DNF... and since this is a tricky rally nothing is decided yet.

MikeD
5th December 2008, 15:56
More victories? Both have three this season...

Sorry my bad :( ... but Aigner would still take it because Hanninen's 4th best result is a 5th place, whereas Aigner's would be a 3rd place.

Daniel
5th December 2008, 15:58
Sorry my bad :( ... but Aigner would still take it because Hanninen's 4th best result is a 5th place, whereas Aigner's would be a 3rd place.
Doesn't it go off who got the first win?

quimrally
5th December 2008, 15:58
what happened with Valentino Rossi?
He his down on the table. Some kind of problem or just a bad rally?

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 16:02
I can't believe that Wales Rally FM are trying to say that Ssyongyang 4wds are great. That must be a sponsorship deal that they personally would not like to endorse. They are a woeful vehicle, both in looks and performance

jonkka
5th December 2008, 16:03
Doesn't it go off who got the first win?

No, Mike is correct that on equal wins, it'd be down on number of 2nd places, then 3rd places and so on until tie is broken. Only when they'd be equal on all finishes, tiebreaker would come to whoever scored first.

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 16:05
The BRC drivers are furious over the watersplash.

Gwyndaff Evans got stuck saying it is a metre in depth????

alexlake
5th December 2008, 16:51
Im leaving from essex shortly to go to the rally for sat/sun stages, hope none are cancelled, oh, and loeb wins with solberg and ogier on the podium with him!

BDunnell
5th December 2008, 17:03
The BRC drivers are furious over the watersplash.

Gwyndaff Evans got stuck saying it is a metre in depth????

Sorry to witter on about the past again, but this reminds me so much of Weston Park in 1987, when the watersplash was two feet deep after heavy rain and all the British-entered works Vauxhalls, plus several other cars, stalled - on live TV!

FAL
5th December 2008, 17:16
all the British-entered works Vauxhalls, plus several other cars, stalled - on live TV!
Pentti's didn't IIRC, because they were not using the low down air intake the others (stupidly) were. (not just stalled - hydrauliced the engines)

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 17:18
Sorry to witter on about the past again, but this reminds me so much of Weston Park in 1987, when the watersplash was two feet deep after heavy rain and all the British-entered works Vauxhalls, plus several other cars, stalled - on live TV!

Or on the Bunnings stage at Rally Australia a few year ago now. When the drivers were flagging the other drivers not to drive through the ford. All on live tv too.

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 17:24
First SSS should have started now ;)

Ghostwalker
5th December 2008, 17:25
Im leaving from essex shortly to go to the rally for sat/sun stages, hope none are cancelled, oh, and loeb wins with solberg and ogier on the podium with him!

they said on WRR that the weather is expected to be better for tomorrow

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 17:31
Still no results... :mark:

dimviii
5th December 2008, 17:34
here results..http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/?rz=924&filtr=

congrats John :D

Corny
5th December 2008, 17:34
the super specials will start later.. That was announced yesterday already

Langdale Forest
5th December 2008, 17:36
Or on the Bunnings stage at Rally Australia a few year ago now. When the drivers were flagging the other drivers not to drive through the ford. All on live tv too.

That was in 1996.

Langdale Forest
5th December 2008, 17:41
WRR comentry has started again.

Livewireshock
FIV called for Atkinson 1km into stage

nightracer
RallyGB Radio report Atkinson off in SS7 - intervention vehicles into the stage.

Hope everyone's ok.

nightracer
5th December 2008, 17:44
Crew said to be ok, phew - off at first corner

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 17:44
Gone off at the first corner, both driver and co-driver are reportedly ok

Donney
5th December 2008, 17:45
I have never been there, but it has always been my favourite. My first memories come from an old VHS my dad had with all the BBC coverage of RAC rally 82 plus the Vatanen Touch.

Those were the days, and may I say it, those were the cars.

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 17:47
Well, Atko :s

Remind me Hirvonen at Rally Finland SSS when he drove for Subaru :rolleyes:

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 18:10
Atkinsons car caught fire according to spectators at stage

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 18:18
Atkinsons car caught fire according to spectators at stage

Then even no superrally for him tomorrow :(

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 18:29
Atkinson airlifted to hospital for pre-cautionary checks. So definitely no superrally

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 18:39
Now SSSs are running normally...

JAM
5th December 2008, 18:48
Now SSSs are running normally...

Not totally normally... can't see the times

Livewireshock
5th December 2008, 18:58
Not totally normally... can't see the times

No times are available on either site.

Also Rallybuzz has an account suspended notice on their website????

BDunnell
5th December 2008, 18:59
Pentti's didn't IIRC, because they were not using the low down air intake the others (stupidly) were. (not just stalled - hydrauliced the engines)

Pentti's definitely did stop at Weston Park — there was a brief snatch of film of it happening on the BHP review of the event broadcast on Grandstand. He was seeded way down the field that year. The other factory Astras/Kadetts to fall foul of the water were those of Derek Bell (his also stopped at Trentham later in the day), Malcolm Wilson (whose engine seized immediately) and, I think, Dave Metcalfe, whose bonnet had certainly come up earlier in that stage. It was the GM Euro Sport cars of Mats Jonsson and Sepp Haider that got through OK.

Micke_VOC
5th December 2008, 19:17
SS7 and SS8 cancelled ??
Or have they drove it and no times working ?

From wrc.com
"After the stage crews drove the 32km liaison section to the Swansea service park for a 45 minute end-of-day service. We’ll bring you the end of day quotes from the drivers soon..."

Helstar
5th December 2008, 19:18
what happened with Valentino Rossi?
He his down on the table. Some kind of problem or just a bad rally?
Too much mud/ice/snow and also two spare wheels I guess... ^^

I think he's just trying to stay in the road, "if everybody crash I can end up in top 10 !" xD

bt52b
5th December 2008, 19:28
If Rossi makes its to the finish, he should be happy.

Ghostwalker
5th December 2008, 19:28
SS7 and SS8 cancelled ??
Or have they drove it and no times working ?

From wrc.com
"After the stage crews drove the 32km liaison section to the Swansea service park for a 45 minute end-of-day service. We’ll bring you the end of day quotes from the drivers soon..."

looks like flodin won SS8 24 seconds faster then everybody else, but that got to be some error with the timing?

dimviii
5th December 2008, 19:40
http://www.vysledky-rally.cz/vysledky/?rz=925&filtr=

Helstar
5th December 2008, 19:56
Oh I was forgetting .... GO GO PG YOU'RE THE MAN ! :D

N.O.T
5th December 2008, 20:08
PG and Ogier are definately drivers that can mix it with the best in the future given the proper chance.

Helstar
5th December 2008, 20:28
I don't know about Ogier (never seen him in action not even in video ^^) but PG is very spectacular driver, he is my fav when Gigi is not there ;p !

BDunnell
5th December 2008, 20:40
Isn't it interesting how this chaotic excuse for a rally has given some drivers a real chance to shine? Proof that unpredictability and a real challenge is what the WRC ought to be about.

Josti
5th December 2008, 20:54
I don't know about Ogier (never seen him in action not even in video ^^) but PG is very spectacular driver, he is my fav when Gigi is not there ;p !

Saw Ogier at the Condroz last month in a C2 R3. He's a ballsy driver!

pantealex
5th December 2008, 21:01
Östberg was also very good today

306 Cosworth
5th December 2008, 21:07
Ostberg spun by us on the ROAD SECTION between the cancelled Hafren stage and SS2(1) Sweet Lamb :D He was very quick and the most spectacular on the second run through Sweet Lamb :up:

jbmarcus21
5th December 2008, 21:58
Mikko rolled :( ((( http://nettitv.mtv3.fi/maksuttomat/index.shtml/maksuttomat/ralli/ralli?152189#152189

Iskald
5th December 2008, 21:58
Östberg was also very good today

And he is three years younger than Ogier. Two years younger still is Andreas Mikkelsen, regrettably not driving in Wales, but just as talented as Mads Østberg. Very different in style and personality these two youngsters, but very, very good!!! Also true they both have been extremely lucky in choice of fathers (!), but money alone isn`t enough to mix it with the worlds best drivers as Mads has done today.

Tomi
5th December 2008, 22:33
And he is three years younger than Ogier. Two years younger still is Andreas Mikkelsen, regrettably not driving in Wales, but just as talented as Mads Østberg. Very different in style and personality these two youngsters, but very, very good!!! Also true they both have been extremely lucky in choice of fathers (!), but money alone isn`t enough to mix it with the worlds best drivers as Mads has done today.

thats very true, in day 2 it will be interesting to see how well they can keep the positions.

m.lowe
5th December 2008, 22:42
I hope atkinson is ok after roofing his subaru
Come on Citroen

JRodrigues
5th December 2008, 23:35
Atko's car :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kwnI62sFq

Tom206wrc
5th December 2008, 23:45
Let's get ready for tomorrow 2nd leg action :cool:

Go Sandell a PWRC podium :bounce:

By the way, why Andreas Aigner was 1 minute early at control(he got 1 minute penalty) ??? :confused:

Anti-Lag-Rocks
6th December 2008, 00:10
Atko's car :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kwnI62sFq

This link does not seem to work on YouTube... I would like to try and see what happened.

I am gutted Chris ended such a solid season like this. Ideally I wanted to see him fourth in the championship, although against Jari-Matti here that might have been a tall order.

Damn.

Helstar
6th December 2008, 01:39
Ok now I've seen the TV coverage ... Atko car completly destroyed and he also broke the helmet O_o hope he is ok.

Unfortunate roll for Mikko, that watersplash turned the car to the left suddenly, I think if he wouldn't try to correct it could have been a normal spun, instead he ended up in a bank and roll ^^ nice work of the people who immediately put the car on the 4 wheels again and also stopping Sordo who was incoming.

Rossi slow and boring ... the opposite of PG xD what a speed although he doesn't drive a C4 or a Focus ! For me top showman !

Surprise from Mads and Ogier, both very very commited and full flat out, bad error for Ogier in the end (slid offroad) where he lost valuable seconds.

Last but least, apart the deep watersplashes and the 'dark' mood of afternoon stages (bad visibility) the road didn't seem so "impossible" (in Argentina it was much WORSE !).

grugsticles
6th December 2008, 03:38
Ive just jumped online and remember ed that RallyGB was on!
Hence im not up to date with the latest so I have a couple of questions:

Have Suzuki got some more power from somwhere? Is there another reason why PG is flying?

Are there any pics of Atko's car after the crash? My downloads have been capped :(

Is there a reason why Petter is only 20 odd seconds off the lead or has the car finally started to perform reasonably?

Thanks all!

What are the roads like? slippery I assume?

JRodrigues
6th December 2008, 05:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kwnI62sFq8 working now?? Atko's car :(

xspeedy
6th December 2008, 05:42

Wow!!! Reminds me of Solberg's aftermath at Germany:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV9_mZboEC0

Livewireshock
6th December 2008, 07:16

Ouch!!!

duff
6th December 2008, 07:40
That Car is trashed!!!

Has anyone got footage of the accident?

paddocknews
6th December 2008, 07:55
Richards: Tyre rules to blame for WRGB mess.
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/172434-0/richards__tyre_rules_to_blame_for_wrgb_mess.html

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 07:59
Start Resolfen(SS9)in a few minutes... :)

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 08:13
OK SS9 running normally(no shortage/cancellation) ;)

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 08:21
Latvala well slower than Loeb... :mark:

White Sauron
6th December 2008, 08:22
Guess Loeb is gonna win this one. Latvala is helpless when driving first on the road...

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 08:24
Petter Solberg FLYING(-11.8s at 2nd split) :eek:

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 08:25
Dudu even faster than Petter on split 1... ;)

malscar
6th December 2008, 08:26
Blimey, what is Petter on!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 08:28
By the way, where's Sordo ??? He should have started ahead of Duval :confused:

Daniel
6th December 2008, 08:31
Richards: Tyre rules to blame for WRGB mess.
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/172434-0/richards__tyre_rules_to_blame_for_wrgb_mess.html
The man is 100% correct.

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 08:34
Andersson very slow in the end of stage :s

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 08:36
Hirvonen is flying too, but he has nothing to lose anyway :mark:

jonkka
6th December 2008, 08:39
Ostberg says he's gotta retire?

jonkka
6th December 2008, 08:40
Wow, Sordo is fastest and moves 2nd overall?!? :eek:

Livewireshock
6th December 2008, 08:43
A great run by Sordo!!!

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 08:45
Dani Sordo !!!!! :eek: :eek:

Koppomsbo
6th December 2008, 08:47

anymore news on this?

ProRally
Ogier rolled in SS9

Tom206wrc
Ogier didn't arrive at the end of stage ??? :(

jonkka
6th December 2008, 08:48
anymore news on this?

From Vysledky:
ØSTBERG M. / UNNERUD O.-K. (st. č. 18) "V půlce vložky nám odešel motor. Budeme muset odstoupit." / "In middle of stage we lost engine. We have to retire."

Livewireshock
Ogier has rolled close to the finish

John V
Yes, engine blown and seems Ogier rolled

Koppomsbo
6th December 2008, 08:53
From Vysledky:
ØSTBERG M. / UNNERUD O.-K. (st. č. 18) "V půlce vložky nám odešel motor. Budeme muset odstoupit." / "In middle of stage we lost engine. We have to retire."

too bad, :(

pino
6th December 2008, 08:57
Bad news about Østberg and Ogier :(

Tomi
6th December 2008, 08:59
Bad news about Østberg and Ogier :(

Yes, it would have been nice to see how they would have done without huge help of the starting position.

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 09:00
Patrik Sandell fastest PWRC at split1 SS9 :)

Woodeye
6th December 2008, 09:00
Yes, it would have been nice to see how they would have done without huge help of the starting position.

They both did reasonable well anyway.

Tomi
6th December 2008, 09:04

yes quite ok, but anyway

pino
6th December 2008, 09:05

I agree and can't wait to see how both will perform in Norway :)

Brother John
6th December 2008, 09:05
I read this on a Belgium forum!!!! Rallysprint of Prague, Czechia!!

Kuzaj have go off at the first stage & ended up in public. 1 dead and 5 heavily wounded! :confused:

pino
6th December 2008, 09:06
Another finished stage for Valentino :D

Livewireshock
6th December 2008, 09:13
The PWRC guys are struggling with the low morning sun, making it hard to see the ice and the road.

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 09:16
Retirement for Novikov ??? :confused:

ProRally
6th December 2008, 09:20

Kuzaj have go off at the first stage & ended up in public. 1 dead and 5 heavily wounded! :confused:

Sadly very true, just called there and he rented the 307 wrc and went off but the people where in a forbidden zone, but still 1 person died at the spot, 1 very critique and several badly hurt.

Koppomsbo

auch, bad bad bad news if thats correct :(

Micke_VOC
Good morning !

The PWRC top drivers is really fast now, Flodin 12th overall on stage and Aigner 13th.

Were is Wilks?

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 09:21
Why SS10 hasn't started yet :confused:

jonkka
6th December 2008, 09:23
It isn't due for yet another 15 mins

pino
6th December 2008, 09:24
Why SS10 hasn't started yet :confused:

It will start at 10:43

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 09:28
Thanks Pino ;)

Langdale Forest
6th December 2008, 09:28
Was the delay because of ice?

John V
6th December 2008, 09:30

Unfortunatelly, I have to confirm. On first stage of this morning, Leszek slid off the road, hit the pole by rear-end and car was kicked into group of peoples 30 mtrs away of the road. One spectator died, one is in critical state and four injured. :( RIP

Tom206wrc
6th December 2008, 09:30
After Novikov it's Higgins(Mark)and Al Attiyah's turn to meet problem and retired :s

PWRC are more and more touched by casualties :s

ProRally
6th December 2008, 09:32
Unfortunatelly, I have to confirm. On first stage of this morning, Leszek slid off the road, hit the pole by rear-end and car was kicked into group of peoples 30 mtrs away of the road. One spectator died, one is in critical state and four injured. :( RIP

From what I heard is that the people where in forbidden zone, but still .... very very sad news.

Daniel
6th December 2008, 09:36
sh*t :(

Tomi
6th December 2008, 09:36
From what I heard is that the people where in forbidden zone, but still .... very very sad news.

If thats true, hopefully the organiser has good insurance.

Langdale Forest
6th December 2008, 09:38
But you spectate at your own risk.

shaitan
6th December 2008, 09:38
If thats true, hopefully the organiser has good insurance.
i gonna fu*k fia's stupid tyres rules.

John V
6th December 2008, 09:39

It was after area signed as dangerous, but as I know this place and discussed with Pluto who is in Prague (we broadcasted live results as well) and they choosed not good position on T junction :(
On the other hand, I saw deadly accident on my own eyes few years ago in Slovakia, this man was standing at place, I was more than one hundred sure that's safe. But whe car went into air, he made late reaction and ... Since this, I know there is not REALLY safe place to watch rally