PDA

View Full Version : Doornbos to team with Viso at HVM

NickFalzone
28th November 2008, 18:52
According to Curt Cavin's blog:

E.J. Viso sent me an e-mail this morning from Europe to say he has his program secured with HVM Racing for 2009. He also said he expects to have Robert Doornbos as his teammate, giving team owner Keith Wiggins a two-car team.
None of this is a surprise, of course, as both Viso and Wiggins said at the season-ending race in Chicago that these things will happen. Viso only was non-committal at the time because he wanted to explore his options. Apparently, he's exhausted them.
As a refresher, Viso finished 18th in points as a series rookie, and he missed the Nashville race due to illness. His best race finish was a fourth at St. Petersburg.
As for Doornbos, he drove for Wiggins in the final season of the Champ Car World Series in 2007. The team has not yet confirmed either driver.

DanicaFan
29th November 2008, 00:33
This has been rumored for awhile now. I just wish they would go ahead and make it official.

MDS
29th November 2008, 04:15
It's also been rumored that the reason it has not been announced is because there is a chance Doornbos could end up at NHL next year

SarahFan
29th November 2008, 17:43
doornbos is a welcome addition....too bad he doesn't have a year of ovals under his belt on the ovals....

philipbain
30th November 2008, 08:12
It'll be nice to see Bobby D back, he was mightilly impressive in his rookie year in Champ Car, it'll be interesting how he adapts to ovals, this is one area where I thought Viso was really impressive last season.

seppefan
1st December 2008, 10:57
This has been rumored for awhile now. I just wish they would go ahead and make it official.

I am sure we all agree including Keith Wiggins but it is the usual money problems. Fingers crossed as he will be a big addition to the series.