PDA

View Full Version : Hells Angels

drivacee
25th November 2008, 21:46
Whats the general opinion regarding the guy who was shot at 90mph on his Harley Davidson on the motorway.Why do you need to shoot a guy,just because he is in some club or other,especially when travelling at 90,what other damage or other loss of life could this have caused ?
Anyway they are getting their punishment !

Jag_Warrior
26th November 2008, 00:20
When I was younger, I thought that 1%'er types were kewl and badazz. Bearded, nonconformists... riding iron horses into the sunset. Now, years later, after realizing that they are nothing more than thieving, drug dealing, gun running, scum of the earth, I say, one down, a few thousand to go.

I'm glad no civilians were hurt. But there's no love and no sympathy for any of them from me.

bowler
26th November 2008, 04:17
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/7654901.stm

Azumanga Davo
26th November 2008, 04:31
There was a shooting of one of the Finks members not that long ago here whilst on a ride. And it was alleged there was sniper in the bushes. Makes you think, what if an innocent Harley lover was to decide on having a cruise that day and the gunman made a mistake...? :s

Mark
26th November 2008, 08:56
Totally totally crazy. To be killed just for belonging to a particular group. But lets not think this is an isolated incident, especially in London teenagers are being stabbed all the time just for belonging to a different gang.

leopard
26th November 2008, 10:24
If so, I have to think twice before deciding to settle down in UK in the future, sorry for that... :(

Mark
26th November 2008, 12:38
If so, I have to think twice before deciding to settle down in UK in the future, sorry for that... :(

As long as you are not living in sink council estates in the centre of London, you really don't have anything to worry about :)

Jag_Warrior
26th November 2008, 15:10

This says nothing bad about the UK. But if you move there, don't join the Hell's Angels, Pagans, Outlaws, etc., and you'll have little to worry about. Too bad for this fellow's family. But he knew what he was getting into when he took the oath.

These people don't sell cookies to raise money for weekend runs. They sell drugs. They extort people. They rob. They kill. In the U.S., they've kidnapped girls and sold them into prostitution in Mexico. I didn't say what I said to be insensitive or cruel. But to me, it's no different than a member of the Mafia being snuffed by a rival family. Live by the sword, die by the sword kind of thing.

Hazell B
26th November 2008, 18:26
They aren't all bad.

Generalising about biker gangs is like saying everyone with a horse enjoys ripping foxes to bits - it simply isn't true. Not all Hell's Angels are scum. Some are stupid enough to join without knowing what they're actually in, just as some people vote BNP but aren't racist. The UK chapters may be in the same club, but they aren't on the whole like the US version.

I'm going out with some Wobbly Goolies tonight. Not Hell's Angels, but a biker gang. We'll no doubt be talking about the Christmas present run to a cancer for kids ward :mark:

Drew
26th November 2008, 18:29
This says nothing bad about the UK. But if you move there, don't join the Hell's Angels, Pagans, Outlaws, etc., and you'll have little to worry about. Too bad for this fellow's family. But he knew what he was getting into when he took the oath.

These people don't sell cookies to raise money for weekend runs. They sell drugs. They extort people. They rob. They kill. In the U.S., they've kidnapped girls and sold them into prostitution in Mexico. I didn't say what I said to be insensitive or cruel. But to me, it's no different than a member of the Mafia being snuffed by a rival family. Live by the sword, die by the sword kind of thing.

Exactly, I agree with this 100%. If you join a gang like The Hells Angels and expect not to be injured or killed, you're an idiot!

Jag_Warrior
27th November 2008, 01:47
They aren't all bad.

Generalising about biker gangs is like saying everyone with a horse enjoys ripping foxes to bits - it simply isn't true. Not all Hell's Angels are scum. Some are stupid enough to join without knowing what they're actually in, just as some people vote BNP but aren't racist. The UK chapters may be in the same club, but they aren't on the whole like the US version.

I'm going out with some Wobbly Goolies tonight. Not Hell's Angels, but a biker gang. We'll no doubt be talking about the Christmas present run to a cancer for kids ward :mark:

Maybe the terminology is different, Hazell. I know people in motorcycle clubs, and most of them are just average people who like to get together and ride. Or maybe the Angels over there share little with their brethren over here. But here, if you're in the Hell's Angels or the Pagans or any of the other outlaw biker gangs, by definition, you're not a good person. Any organization that gives you a special patch for your jacket for killing someone is nothing more than a criminal organization, IMO.

I just looked up "Hell's Angels" and "Europe" on Google. You do the same and your opinion of these people may change. Are they ALL bad? Well... hard to say. But I wouldn't press my luck by hanging around any of them.

leopard
27th November 2008, 03:45
As long as you are not living in sink council estates in the centre of London, you really don't have anything to worry about :)

Currently I don't consider to live anywhere other than here, but we never know exactly what future holds, about anything of fordcoming life, thanks. :)

Tazio
27th November 2008, 05:02
Maybe the terminology is different, Hazell. I know people in motorcycle clubs, and most of them are just average people who like to get together and ride. Or maybe the Angels over there share little with their brethren over here. But here, if you're in the Hell's Angels or the Pagans or any of the other outlaw biker gangs, by definition, you're not a good person. Any organization that gives you a special patch for your jacket for killing someone is nothing more than a criminal organization, IMO.

I just looked up "Hell's Angels" and "Europe" on Google. You do the same and your opinion of these people may change. Are they ALL bad? Well... hard to say. But I wouldn't press my luck by hanging around any of them.
Since I started riding again after about 15 years without a Road Bike. The only Bikers groups I see (besides the yuppies and the gays) wear Leather jackets that say things like "Bikers in Recovery" These are the ones, that got out of a stretch in prison, were sober long enough, and before they had a chance to participate in the activity that got them there, (usually through stipulations of the courts) receive help. They get tools that get them to let go of their anti-social behavior. Behavior that was largely the manifestation of not having the kind of guidance when they were young, and impressionable. Who's parents were derelict of their duty, abusive, and, or hostile.
These are the lucky ones. They have lived long enough to see their buddies murdered, doing life, or O D'ed, to clean their act up. I applaud these people who have changed just about everything in their lives with the exception of hopping on a bike, and just "getting into the wind"

That’s a beautiful thing! :up:

Jag_Warrior
27th November 2008, 19:08
I never really caught the bug for bikes, but that is a pleasant thought, Tazio. I have friends who ride, and they have as great a passion for their bikes and "the ride" as anything I consider a hobby. For some of them, it's truly a lifestyle. I admire that. So I wouldn't want to (and I think they wouldn't want us to) confuse these decent people with criminals.

jim mcglinchey
29th November 2008, 12:57
I dont see how the 7 defendants can all get life for murder. Surely one man pulled the trigger- for which the sentence is life- and anyone else involved, and thats a very vague term, would be charged with conspiracy. If the victim was related to me I may feel different, but the 7 life sentences seem harsh.

Tomi
29th November 2008, 14:03
Not all Hell's Angels are scum. Some are stupid enough to join without knowing what they're actually in, just as some people vote BNP but aren't racist. The UK chapters may be in the same club, but they aren't on the whole like the US version.

same sh!t in different wrap, you just dont join the HA like you join the scouts, you have to do something to get respect, and thats nothing so nice you have to do.