PDA

View Full Version : Good news for next years tv coverage

VXRDartford
24th November 2008, 23:23
Good news Ted Kravtiz has been signed by BBC for the F1 pitlane reporting so will not be doing the BTCC coverage!

wedge
24th November 2008, 23:49
Overall I think he did a decent job. I remember the first meeting he did and it was if he picked up a copy of the race programme/Autosport on Sunday morning.

Presenting live is completely different to doing commentary/features/interviews. Brundle did a good job at Fuji replacing Rider but I got the impression he was out of his comfort zone.

Anyone remember Matt Roberts first presenting stint for MotoGP a couple of years ago at the Chinese GP? The poor lad literally looked like he was about to wet himself with stage fright.

Eurotech
25th November 2008, 17:30
Who is presenting then? Steve Rider hopefully

Scuderia ferrari
25th November 2008, 19:30
God no Steve Rider. Who would he suck up to this time?

Just messing, i actually think he did a pretty good job of BTCC as he didn't seem to have any favourites, the way presenters should be.

DazzlaF1
26th November 2008, 19:06
God no Steve Rider. Who would he suck up to this time?

Just messing, i actually think he did a pretty good job of BTCC as he didn't seem to have any favourites, the way presenters should be.

Well he was like a flagship Presenter when the BTCC was on the BBC i know he used to present every round, was there for when the BBC did their live races and i think he narrated the old review videos too, he looked like though he took a more backwards step when they scaled back the live coverage before 2001's farcical offering.

If Rider were to come and do the BTCC full time (which he can be able to now that ITV have lost the F1 coverage) id think of it as him being re-united with an old friend.

Eurotech
26th November 2008, 19:37
GET MURRAY WALKER TO PRESENT IT!

it would be great....

mattie007
26th November 2008, 22:34
Good that he won't Be doing BTCC, Bad news that he will Be doing F1!

Rider and Walker would Be awesome!

thetrooper_uk
27th November 2008, 12:35
That's the best news I've heard this month. No more arrogant Ted, I'm not a violent person but I would so love to smack him one because of the way he talks to the drivers.

Lunaboy
29th November 2008, 11:27
Charlie, where are you when we need you... ;)

Eurotech
29th November 2008, 13:01
Charlie, where are you when we need you... ;)
Presenting Top Gear Australia... :( :( :( :(

Azumanga Davo
29th November 2008, 14:26
Presenting Top Gear Australia... :( :( :( :(

Ha, can't see that lasting much longer. Absolutely dire, that show is...

52Paddy
24th December 2008, 08:56
Will the coverage be appearing on ITV4, instead of ITV1 like last year?

We don't get ITV4 on basic cable over here. Hopefully, if this is the case, ITV1 will still air highlights of every round at the small hours of Monday or Tuesday morning.

Anyone know what the story is then?

Iain
24th December 2008, 14:45
It's still on ITV4 next season with the ITV1 highlights according to the 2009 BTCC guide. The ITV deal is in place until at least 2011.

52Paddy
24th December 2008, 22:07
Cheers Iain. If they give us highlights of all the 2009 rounds on ITV1, thats more than I can wish for. Happy Christmas everyone :)