PDA

View Full Version : Funny incidents in your travels

52Paddy
20th November 2008, 23:10
I'm just wondering if any of you have some funny little moments during your working day; things that you see or hear that are a little out of the ordinary. It's difficult to explain but I'll give you an example.

I'm a pushbike courier for the moment and I was making a delivery to some solicitors office in the city centre (Dublin.) I had bought road bike shoes because I was using SPDs (a type of pedal.) These are good for racing but unsuitable for couriering. It was a mistake because they are very difficult to walk in. Now, there is a courier entrance into the basement of the complex, which involves walking down a metal stairs. And worse still, it was raining. I thought to myself, "That's dangerous, I ought to be very careful in these shoes." And then, I looked at the gate beside the stairs. It had an arrow pointing down saying:

"Courier collections/deliveries downstairs
Caution: May cause death"

That kept me laughing for ages. It really was such a gas thing to have happened. :laugh:

leopard
21st November 2008, 04:35
Two tollroad entrance/exit located at the same place the use of which directed to different destination may be sometimes problem for me. I took the wrong entrance this morning, asked the official can I make turnaround and take the right entrance. She told that I would be fined if insist doing so.

There is no other choice other than driving along the wrong tollroad, get out and take the right one. I am getting used to drive the road, taking notice of the right entrance. Couldn't remember what I was thinking of when choosing the wrong lane. Consequently I had to pay twice the ticket and the most important thing it wastes time.

Her last words I can't forget when her smiling face advised me, "Take the right road and Be careful sir!"

schmenke
21st November 2008, 16:04
I'm just wondering if any of you have some funny little moments during your working day; things that you see or hear that are a little out of the ordinary. It's difficult to explain but I'll give you an example.

I'm a pushbike courier for the moment and I was making a delivery to some solicitors office in the city centre (Dublin.) I had bought road bike shoes because I was using SPDs (a type of pedal.) These are good for racing but unsuitable for couriering. It was a mistake because they are very difficult to walk in. Now, there is a courier entrance into the basement of the complex, which involves walking down a metal stairs. And worse still, it was raining. I thought to myself, "That's dangerous, I ought to be very careful in these shoes." And then, I looked at the gate beside the stairs. It had an arrow pointing down saying:

"Courier collections/deliveries downstairs
Caution: May cause death"

That kept me laughing for ages. It really was such a gas thing to have happened. :laugh:

I cycle with SPD's too, and yes, they can be tricky when walking. I'm surprised that you use them as a courier :mark:

Norwegian Blue
21st November 2008, 16:48
The dangers of cycling shoes on a wet surface...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I3_Yy4d8s9w

52Paddy
21st November 2008, 20:17
I'm surprised that you use them as a courier :mark:

SPDs are fine to use when couriering, its the shoes are the problem. It was road racing shoes I was using initially; they were impossible to walk in. But after 4 or 5 days, I bought some mountain bike shoes, which are fine for walking. I just put the same cleats into the MTB shoes and the jobs done! :)

Nice video NB :laugh:

Hazell B
24th November 2008, 13:33
Almost every day something happens on my stable yard or at market to make me laugh. It's generally one of the animals falling over, doing something gormless (like the cat falling in the water trough) or something similar.

Few days ago the farmer next door asked me to do something about frogs from my land slowing down his machinery by leaping about all over his fields. No idea what he wanted me to do, I'm not a ruddy frog wrangler and they wouldn't take much notice of signs saying 'keep off the plough' would they? :rolleyes:

leopard
25th November 2008, 04:43
The dangers of cycling shoes on a wet surface...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I3_Yy4d8s9w

lol poor mark ...