PDA

View Full Version : ARROWS A22 Monaco GRAND PRIX

goodf1fun
20th November 2008, 19:37
Hello,

i read somewhere about the Arrows team introducing a very big front wing, similar to the rear, but on the front nose!!! it was used in practice of the monaco 2001 and after it was dropped from FIA.

Someone knows more informations?
I found a 1/43 car on ebay!!! and it was at a very low price, with this grand prix wing. I bought it and i am waiting for it!! must be collectible.!!

goodf1fun
20th November 2008, 19:39
Hello,

i read somewhere about the Arrows team introducing a very big front wing, similar to the rear, but on the front nose!!! it was used in practice of the monaco 2001 and after it was dropped from FIA.

I found a 1/43 car on ebay!!! and it was at a very low price, with this grand prix wing. I bought it and i am waiting for it!! must be collectible.!!
here it is!!!

jso1985
21st November 2008, 03:16
talk about ugly cars... :s

Azumanga Davo
21st November 2008, 06:10
But the big question is, which one out of the two is faster?

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/Tram-Barcelona/Tram06-02-Diagonal.jpg

The A22 would have been a perfect candidate for KERS, but there isn't many circuits in the world that have overhead catenary wires...

:p :

ChrisS
21st November 2008, 07:13
Hello,

Jordan and Arrows had extra wings in Monaco that season, Jordan in front of the cockpit and Arrows on the nosecone.

They used them in Thursday practice and the FIA banned them as dangerous.

This is what Jordan's wing looked like
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1345000/images/_1349933_trulli_jord300.jpg

AJP
22nd November 2008, 07:25
But the big question is, which one out of the two is faster?

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/Tram-Barcelona/Tram06-02-Diagonal.jpg

The A22 would have been a perfect candidate for KERS, but there isn't many circuits in the world that have overhead catenary wires...

:p :

Im sure in Singapore this system was frowned upon by Red Bull ;)

goodf1fun
22nd November 2008, 08:17
that wing was used to produce extra downforce for the slow monaco?

Azumanga Davo
22nd November 2008, 09:53
Im sure in Singapore this system was frowned upon by Red Bull ;)

Hehe, I did have that in mind when posted. :D

There would have been more downforce produced, but whether it worked on the Arrows or Jordan was another matter...

Marshall
22nd November 2008, 12:48
The Arrows wasn't too bad that year if I recall - wasn't Monaco 2001 the one where DC was stuck behind Enrique Bernoldi for what seemed like an eternity?

Azumanga Davo
22nd November 2008, 16:40
The Arrows wasn't too bad that year if I recall - wasn't Monaco 2001 the one where DC was stuck behind Enrique Bernoldi for what seemed like an eternity?

Wrong, that car was poor, not because of it's chassis, but it's engine (being Asiatech powered). Not on the same level as the 2001 car at all...

Marshall
24th November 2008, 06:45
Wait aren't we talking about the 2001 car though?

goodf1fun
24th November 2008, 09:46
yes