PDA

View Full Version : Delarosa To Test Force India Ferrari!!

goodf1fun
18th November 2008, 13:33
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081118090448.shtml

Thats not a surprise. They want to see where the mercedes lag in comparison with a ferrari engine. Thats a good test for them , as Mallya will provide mclaren all data they want from this test.

Spying all the way :D

I bet luca Dimontezemolo will be angry!!!

BeansBeansBeans
18th November 2008, 13:41
I doubt Luca di Montezemolo will care.

There's little that McLaren will be able to find out from said date that they don't already know.

goodf1fun
18th November 2008, 13:49
they may take the engine with them in mclaren factory :D
or they give them back to ferrari??

Big Ben
18th November 2008, 14:14
they might find out how to build the slowest car. OMG

I am evil Homer
18th November 2008, 14:34
It would also need a decent driver to do the comparison.....

goodf1fun
18th November 2008, 14:43
delarosa is one experienced driver

woody2goody
18th November 2008, 15:34
Anybody think he's got a chance of a race seat?

wedge
18th November 2008, 15:45
It would also need a decent driver to do the comparison.....

PDLR is a decent driver, an excellent test driver. Good feedback and above all, consistency.

In the same way Luca Badoer has worked Ferrari, why would PDLR be valued so highly within the team and work with McLaren for so long?

wedge
18th November 2008, 15:52
I doubt Luca di Montezemolo will care.

There's little that McLaren will be able to find out from said date that they don't already know.

Data, character traits of the engine, torque curve. Will possibly give the boys at Brixworth a baseline to work with.

goodf1fun
18th November 2008, 16:13
Data, character traits of the engine, torque curve. Will possibly give the boys at Brixworth a baseline to work with.

he will tell them how the torque curve look like?he may do it on a paper? :P

ioan
18th November 2008, 19:34
Are Force India still running Ferrari engines?
Also next years engines will be different as they have to run them for 3 races!
Still I'm not sure Ferrari will be happy if any engine data gets to McLaren or Mercedes.
Maybe they just gave them a refurbished version of the engine that Felipe used in Hungary and Kimi in Valencia?! :D

Allyc85
18th November 2008, 20:26
Anybody think he's got a chance of a race seat?

I hope not. Apart from one race his race pace was shocking when he stood in at Mclaren. Id rather they kept on Sutil (for entertainment purposes) or gave Diresta a chance.

18th November 2008, 21:04

Good point. Well, they knew all about the F2007, for example.

why would PDLR be valued so highly within the team and work with McLaren for so long?

Because he's willing to cheat? After all, it was his emails that proved that Mclaren knew a lot more than they admitted.

Valve Bounce
19th November 2008, 03:11
Are Force India still running Ferrari engines?
Also next years engines will be different as they have to run them for 3 races!
Still I'm not sure Ferrari will be happy if any engine data gets to McLaren or Mercedes.
Maybe they just gave them a refurbished version of the engine that Felipe used in Hungary and Kimi in Valencia?! :D

No need to be concerned - the emails have already arrived. :p :

ArrowsFA1
19th November 2008, 08:35
Given the improved relationship between Ferrari and McLaren I wouldn't be surprised if Woking sought approval from Maranello before the test went ahead.

goodf1fun
19th November 2008, 09:01
Given the improved relationship between Ferrari and McLaren I wouldn't be surprised if Woking sought approval from Maranello before the test went ahead.

next you will tell us that they share kers technology :P

ioan
19th November 2008, 12:09

That really should be the case. But remember that at the beginning of 2007 Ron also proposed to Ferrari an armistice, accepted by Todt, and we all know how that turned out in reality.

ArrowsFA1
19th November 2008, 12:30
Things change. People move on (including Todt from Ferrari) and there is no doubt that Ferrari & McLaren have a better working relationship than they did.

I've no idea whether McLaren asked permission from Ferrari to allow Pedro to test the Force India-Ferrari or not, but I'd guess that had there been any objections the test could have waited until a Mercedes engine was fitted.

ioan
19th November 2008, 13:30
Things change. People move on (including Todt from Ferrari) and there is no doubt that Ferrari & McLaren have a better working relationship than they did.

I hope so. BTW Todt is still working for Ferrari and did help Domenicali during the whole season.

I've no idea whether McLaren asked permission from Ferrari to allow Pedro to test the Force India-Ferrari or not, but I'd guess that had there been any objections the test could have waited until a Mercedes engine was fitted.

I think you might be right.

The question is, why does PDLR test the Force India car?
Everyone is saying that it isn't for a race seat. Sutil is quoted saying that he believes that his place in the team isn't in danger.

Did McLaren want to see just how good or bad their car is?

BeansBeansBeans
19th November 2008, 13:40
Did McLaren want to see just how good or bad their car is?

Perhaps they're just giving Force India the benefit of one of F1's most experienced and respected testers as part of their technical partnership.

ioan
19th November 2008, 13:45
Perhaps they're just giving Force India the benefit of one of F1's most experienced and respected testers as part of their technical partnership.

I don't buy it! Fisichella is every bit as good or better as a driver as PDLR is.

Knock-on
19th November 2008, 13:46

I agree.

PdlR can certainly give some great feedback and direction to FI on direction they need to take in developing the 09 chassis.

I love the idea that people think it's to get some "inside knowledge" on the Ferrari engine. I can just imagine him running into Mercedes saying that next years engine needs to advance the timing 0.01 degree to match the Ferrari :laugh:

Still knowledge of engineering has never stopped people putting together vapourware theories on here before :D

ioan
19th November 2008, 13:48
I agree.

PdlR can certainly give some great feedback and direction to FI on direction they need to take in developing the 09 chassis.

I love the idea that people think it's to get some "inside knowledge" on the Ferrari engine. I can just imagine him running into Mercedes saying that next years engine needs to advance the timing 0.01 degree to match the Ferrari :laugh:

Still knowledge of engineering has never stopped people putting together vapourware theories on here before :D

The knowledge on the Ferrari engine wouldn't help them much cause the engines are being developed again.

I believe that McLaren will "help" develop the new FI chassis, and that's why I'm not happy with their previous approach that meant we only have 10 teams in F1 again!

ArrowsFA1
19th November 2008, 13:55
This view is backed up by Sutil's comments (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72182):

"Pedro helped quite a lot with his statements and his comments about the car. It just gave us a little bit of information about where we have to improve."

Knock-on
19th November 2008, 14:23
I believe that McLaren will "help" develop the new FI chassis, and that's why I'm not happy with their previous approach that meant we only have 10 teams in F1 again!

Sorry, I don't understand what you are objecting about.

Do you think that McLaren shouldn't provide technical and consultative services to other teams?

19th November 2008, 16:26
Do you think that McLaren shouldn't provide technical and consultative services to other teams?

No, I do not think that Mclaren shouldn't provide technical & consultative services to other teams.

I reckon a 480-page design document & info on their race strategy would be fair enough.

Knock-on
19th November 2008, 16:33
No, I do not think that Mclaren shouldn't provide technical & consultative services to other teams.

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what this sentence means.

No, you do not think they shouldn't?

:confused:

I reckon a 480-page design document & info on their race strategy would be fair enough.

May I suggest you have a chat with your old friends at Renault. I think they have the necessary floating about.

However, same old discussions going round and round in circles with some people spewing the same old tired arguments is not going to get anywhere :rolleyes:

19th November 2008, 16:42
Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what this sentence means.

Then read it again.

19th November 2008, 17:06
May I suggest you have a chat with your old friends at Renault. I think they have the necessary floating about.

They didn't have up-to-date designs nor did they have live-feed race strategy info, so all-in-all I think the Mclaren deal I proposed is fairer.

Bagwan
19th November 2008, 17:52
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_18919.shtml

So , is this for real ?

CNR
19th November 2008, 22:16
so let see they have

the same engines and gearbox as McLaren.
KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) developed by Mercedes and McLaren and will have access to McLaren's network of suppliers as well as operational support.

The ties with McLaren were further tightened by the appointment of McLaren's former director of operations Simon Roberts as Force India's chief operations officer.

the same test driver with what info he can hold in his head
will he test both cars the same day
---------------------------------------------------------------
keep it fair and let michael test for tour rosso

ArrowsFA1
20th November 2008, 08:26

So , is this for real ?
Apparently not:

Spanish media said on Tuesday that de la Rosa has already signed a deal to race for Force India in 2009, but a McLaren spokesman told autosport.com that the deal was just for the two-day test.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72169

Donney
20th November 2008, 17:44

So , is this for real ?

The moment you see this "Diario ‘As’ report..." you can use the news to wipe your behind.