PDA

View Full Version : Off-season F1 testing thread

ShiftingGears
17th November 2008, 22:06
Thought it should be started. Firstly, Sato topped the timesheet. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72165
Which is a step towards securing a race seat.

Also, Sebastien Loeb was less than 1.5 seconds off the pace. Very impressive.

gloomyDAY
17th November 2008, 22:10
Loeb is a waste of talent in the WRC.

Maybe a racing team will take an interest in Loeb.

pino
18th November 2008, 05:49
Loeb is a waste of talent in the WRC.

I totally agree :p :

btw if I were him I would try to move to F1 in 2010, he's nothing to prove in WRC anymore ;)

F1boat
18th November 2008, 06:44
The rumor was that he'd try a DTM in 2010, but I am not so sure now. Compare his time to Bruno Senna... Loeb is very impressive.
Although becoming the most successful driver in WRC ever is hardly a waste of talent ;)

ArrowsFA1
18th November 2008, 08:02
Also, Sebastien Loeb was less than 1.5 seconds off the pace. Very impressive.
Ok, so it's testing and we don't know what teams & drivers were doing, but that said, to end the day ahead of Piquet in the works Renault is very impressive indeed :up:

I am evil Homer
18th November 2008, 10:58
Senna was in a crap car. I think it's more impressive he was only 2/10ths off Kubica in the BMW and beat Klein!

goodf1fun
18th November 2008, 11:40
who said that this times(loeb) are truth? maybe they want to impress us!!!

truefan72
18th November 2008, 12:51
its only testing and each team and car has a different task and goal setup for testing. Some are running heavy, others are testing new bits, many are collecting information, that's why the call it "testing"

The times don't mean that much IMO

But Loeb getting used to the car and F1 style racing as well as doing 81 laps is quite impressive. Regardless of the time's and circumstances, he seems to be able to fit in with the F1 drivers crowd, so good for him

Now if we could just get Valentino Rossi to start testing again

Robinho
18th November 2008, 12:54
Red Bull were so impressed with him, rather than just letting him have a run, that actually used him for some tyre testing, which speaks volumes for how quickly he adapted, and his level of technical ability/knowledge, if he was a useful test driver.

i'd love to see Loeb in a race series, i think he'd be very handy in pretty much anything he drove