PDA

View Full Version : If I Had All The Money I'd Spent On Drink....

MrJan
12th November 2008, 23:22
....I'd spend it on drink :D :D :beer:

What do you not regret having spent your money on?

I'm fairly happy that I chose to splash out on an iPod and also my PC gets a lot of use but my exercise bike was a pointless purchase, as was the Scaletric car I bought but never use. On the other hand the £15 megaphone really paid off in time as it meant that I could annoy people much easier than when I just used my normal voice :D

BDunnell
12th November 2008, 23:27
I don't regret my laptop and cameras (though I wish that work had bought them). Oh, and my Radio 4 comedy CDs have given me a lot of pleasure.

V12
12th November 2008, 23:30
I'd buy out Bernie and fix F1 :D

But no in all seriousness...I could probably buy myself a half-decent car...

ChrisS
13th November 2008, 09:05
I spend a lot of money buying die-cast models of cars and motorcycles. with the money spent on about 100 models costing from £20 up to £60 each I could have bought a real car or bike. I don't regret buying them though

GridGirl
13th November 2008, 10:41
I bought a set of curling tongs a couple of months ago. After having an initial mess about with them I've still not actually bothered using them properly. As for stuff I don't regret buying I can generally say I use most things I buy. I'm not one to watse money on gadgets and not use them a couple of months later.

Don't they that say footspa's are the gadgets people own the most but never use? :)

turves
13th November 2008, 12:07
I dont regret buying my scooby, what I do regret is taking that road that morning when numpty in his van decided to pull out in front of me...

Sleeper
13th November 2008, 19:52
I dont regret buying my bass, or all of my CD's (up to around 330 at the moment and still growing) or my MP3 player.

J4MIE
13th November 2008, 20:03
All the trips abroad I have taken :up:

leopard
14th November 2008, 04:17
I spent great deal of amount as used to buy various racing suit from Ferrari to Jordan Ford...

If I have another free use of some amount, I will actualize my passion for building up retro exotic old cars. Chevy produced a lot of variant of beautiful cars, for japanese car the choice would be Nissan/Datsun...

Roamy
14th November 2008, 06:16
well if you can:
eat it
fuch it
drive it
fly it
smoke it
drink it
I don't mind spending money on it!!

Daniel
14th November 2008, 12:36
The one way ticket to this silly silly island was the best purchase I ever made although to be fair Caroline paid for half of it :p Followed closely by my PC and all of the bits I've bought for it which are stupidly expensive for what they are but make the house spent in front of my PC quite enjoyable :)

52Paddy
14th November 2008, 19:27
well if you can:
eat it
fuch it
drive it
fly it
smoke it
drink it
I don't mind spending money on it!!

:up: Agreed!

I definitely don't regret buying my latest banjo, mandolin and Irish flute. However I spend a good bit of money of cigarettes and cups of tea and coffee during the week. Though I do enjoy my tea, coffee and cigs so I don't find it wasted money.

I wished I'd have bought a fixie (fixed wheeled bike, rather than a road racing bike) and also would have liked to start saving for college earlier. Meh!

AndySpeed
14th November 2008, 19:35
I don't regret having spent a lot of money on doing some skydiving, but if I hadn't done it then I'd have several hundred of pounds more to spend on other things. I like to not think of it as having thrown all that money out of a plane.

jso1985
15th November 2008, 19:25
any money spent on travelling somewhere new is something I don't regret at all.

I'd say all my 183 CD's, but I sometimes wonder what was I thinking when buying Eminen :s

Simmi
16th November 2008, 19:56
I bought a 46" Sony Bravia telly a couple of months ago. Did I need one that big? Not really no. Looking back I am definately glad I super-sized.

Jag_Warrior
16th November 2008, 22:19
I spend a lot of money buying die-cast models of cars and motorcycles. with the money spent on about 100 models costing from £20 up to £60 each I could have bought a real car or bike. I don't regret buying them though

Yeah, I've also spent silly amounts on diecasts. There are quite a few things that I've blown money on that I could have certainly done without.

But I guess the only thing that I regret buying is an engagement ring for my (ex!) fiance. But then again, compared to a lot of American guys, I guess I got off really cheap. If we'd gotten married, I have a feeling we'd be divorced by now anyway. And I promise you, we'd still be in court to this day fighting over the cat and my Senna diecast collection. :D

gloomyDAY
17th November 2008, 01:56
Last nights strip club and hickies.

I don't regret the 2 drink minimum at all!

schmenke
17th November 2008, 16:55

I too am a die-cast junkie, although the missus has a differing opinion of them :uhoh:

Oh, and no regrets on the purchase of my XM sat radio :up:

Daniel
17th November 2008, 17:15
I too am a die-cast junkie, although the missus has a differing opinion of them :uhoh:

Oh, and no regrets on the purchase of my XM sat radio :up:

Might as well have bought a Sirius sat radio :p

http://www.dailytech.com/Xirius+SM+Former+Competitors+Merge+Channel+Offerin gs/article13420.htm

schmenke
17th November 2008, 18:39
Might as well have bought a Sirius sat radio :p

http://www.dailytech.com/Xirius+SM+Former+Competitors+Merge+Channel+Offerin gs/article13420.htm

I previously had a Sirius radio but returned it because of constant hardware problems :mark: