PDA

View Full Version : Plato to return with Volvo

VXRDartford
12th November 2008, 06:17
According to to touring car times JP might be on his way back to the BTCC with Volvo!!

Loved the look of the C30 when I saw it at Brands. Fingers crossed!!

I am evil Homer
12th November 2008, 09:33
If it happens it would be great although I don't like coupes racing in touring cars and would prefer if it was the small Volvo saloon...however, I also appreciate that the BTCC is a marketing exercise and they want to sell the C30 in bigger numbers.

Wonder if it will be bio-fuel too?

Dickie L'Amour
12th November 2008, 09:35
I just can't trust that site. Ever since I read on there that SEAT were sacking Turner only for SEAT to announce he was staying with them two days later.

rsmith16
12th November 2008, 10:12
Don't Volvo have one of their saloons running in Touring Cars in Sweden just now? Seen a pic of it when it ran in the WTCC in the UK race.

wedge
12th November 2008, 13:34
I also appreciate that the BTCC is a marketing exercise

Couldn't help myself reminiscing :D

http://www.psfk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/volvo_850_btcc.jpg

BDunnell
12th November 2008, 13:37
Couldn't help myself reminiscing :D

http://www.psfk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/volvo_850_btcc.jpg

A great sight - especially when Lammers mixed it with the front-runners on the Brands GP circuit.

Anyway, back to topic - shouldn't the word RUMOUR be inserted into the thread title?

VXRDartford
12th November 2008, 14:02
Sorry was meant to put a question mark in title put pressed post before I could

VX_Rules
12th November 2008, 16:17
Hmmm, I dont think so, Volvo are probably one of the most unstable right now...

Jona
12th November 2008, 16:57
it does say that it could happen without the backing of Volvo as Plato can pull in a big sponsor.

mattie007
12th November 2008, 18:45
I remember John Cleland saying he wanted to enter a C30 with the support of UK Volvo Dealers, a bit like BMW Team Dealer UK.
Would prefer the S40 though.

Eurotech
17th November 2008, 19:44
should Volvo enter, you can kiss goodbye to a Ford entry.....

Allyc85
18th November 2008, 20:38
Aye true, id be happy with either considering the way the car market is at the moment.

VkmSpouge
18th November 2008, 21:32

I guess that would depend on works support. If one of these hypothetical entries was an independent then it wouldn't matter.

VX_Rules
19th November 2008, 20:54
WRONG (According to TCT) Fords entering too, privateer Arena International with Chilton.

Clearly imagination is lacking at TCT and last years rumours are good enough for them...

AndySpeed
20th November 2008, 03:31
WRONG (According to TCT) Fords entering too, privateer Arena International with Chilton.

Clearly imagination is lacking at TCT and last years rumours are good enough for them...

No offense to Johan but the Swedish English really shows in some of those articles. As usual we'll have to see what materialises, but reading with a pinch of salt is certainly required. TCT is certainly driving a big rumour mill this year!

jackmarsh
21st November 2008, 18:16
I wouldn't be so sure that they are just dragging up last years rumours, lets wait and see. hmmmmmmm

TCuns
21st November 2008, 20:47
are you in the know????

PDS
21st November 2008, 21:31
I wouldn't be so sure that they are just dragging up last years rumours, lets wait and see. hmmmmmmm
I agree. There are so many more people so quick to rubbish any stories that they think can't be true where ever they come from!

I too am looking forward to the outcome of this story.

As for the Volvo story... no one has proved that is not happening. So I will keep an open mind.

VkmSpouge
21st November 2008, 21:54
Best thing to do is keep an open mind when reading stories this year. Read all the rumours and remember they are just rumour; some will come to past and some won't. I really hope that both this Volvo and the Arena Ford rumour turn about to be true.

Azumanga Davo
22nd November 2008, 09:49

Didn't Ford sell off Volvo Cars?

MSP
22nd November 2008, 15:48
Didn't Ford sell off Volvo Cars?

Not yet. If Ford could they probably would love to get some $'s in the bank, however, what manufacturer would want to grow its portfolio at the moment by purchasing another manufacturer? & how would they fund the purchase... There wouldn't be a queue of banks/financial institutions wanting to fund that level of borrowing (debt)!!

Volvo, for now, keep an open mind...