PDA

View Full Version : What would offend you?

Hazell B
11th November 2008, 17:35
This afternoon I was at an auction which included the court drawings (the ones they do for TV news) and some related evidence from the Woodgate and Bowyer Leeds Utd court case. For those who don't remember, it was one of those footballers having better lawyers than the poor slobs they beat up/run over/steal from/rape type cases and they were found not guilty - much to most peoples' disgust.

Anyway, once I'd spotted the items I lost all interest in buying anything at the auction and in fact went home empty handed. It was the first time I'd used that auction house and I won't be going back.

Somehow it bothered me that somebody is making money out of that sort of thing, and that the auctioneers had highlighted it as a star lot among the others (which were 95% dross to be fair). Who'd want a piece of evidence signed with "well done mate" etc by some footballer's mates? It's horrible.

If it had been from 50 years ago, I wouldn't have minded. Don't know why. Maybe it was because it was within spitting distance of the (guilt free) assault, maybe it's because I just hate (not guilty) thugs.

Either way, would it bother you? If not, what would? A McCann family photo from Portugal, a chunk of River Pheonix vomit prised from outside The Viper Rooms or maybe an original Hitler oil?

raphael_2
11th November 2008, 21:19
I don't think that would offend me really. Bowyer and Woodgate are good footballers, but yes - they got off VERY lightly!

BDunnell
11th November 2008, 21:22
I find that a bit distasteful, personally. And I agree about the passage of time making such things seem fine. That's just natural.

MrJan
11th November 2008, 22:11
I don't think that would offend me really. Bowyer and Woodgate are good footballers...

Are they?!!!! ;)

I find it distasteful but it doesn't offend me as such. A lot of people are on some facebook group saying that Ian Huntley should be struck off facebook (although I don't see any evidence that it is 'the' Ian Huntley) but I don't really see why it's disgusting that he should be allowed to use a social networking site on which you have to agree to make someone your friend. Afterall if you are happy to plaster your details all over the internet then you should accept the fact that occassionally they may be looked at by some unstisfactory peoples.

Drew
12th November 2008, 15:10
Are they?!!!! ;)

I find it distasteful but it doesn't offend me as such. A lot of people are on some facebook group saying that Ian Huntley should be struck off facebook (although I don't see any evidence that it is 'the' Ian Huntley) but I don't really see why it's disgusting that he should be allowed to use a social networking site on which you have to agree to make someone your friend. Afterall if you are happy to plaster your details all over the internet then you should accept the fact that occassionally they may be looked at by some unstisfactory peoples.

Isn't the Ian Huntley account on facbeook done by some fanatical woman that visits him in prison and then contacts the world on his behalf?

LeonBrooke
13th November 2008, 06:52
I have to say I think that's greatly in bad taste indeed.

Garry Walker
24th November 2008, 18:32
Doesn`t offend me the slightest.

LotusElise
24th November 2008, 21:24
The court drawings aren't something I'd want to own, and I do find it odd that someone would buy them, but it's not something I'm offended by, as such. Mystified, perhaps.

I never knew that court drawings were saleable. I assumed that they were part of court records and just sat gathering dust in an archive.
Some people collect copies of autopsy reports as well - apparently Alex Ferguson has a copy of JFK's.

BDunnell
24th November 2008, 23:31
The court drawings aren't something I'd want to own, and I do find it odd that someone would buy them, but it's not something I'm offended by, as such. Mystified, perhaps.

For me, it's the fact of their being signed in the way described that's rather off-colour. Otherwise, I suppose court drawings are just another thing that some people might want to collect.

5th December 2008, 18:31
How to buy UGG sheepskin boots?Everyone who wear the UGG sheepskin boots will get many benefits. UGG boots are made to be worn barefoot as they will form to your feet and provide natural arch support. When buying a pair of sheepskin boots or ugg boots (premier brand in luxury and comfort footwear), there are many things to look for:First of all, you must make sure your sheepskin boots are actually made out of 100% authentic sheep skin. Some manufacturers use cheap substitutes such as gluing synthetic wool on to cow hide. These imitation sheepskin boots come at a cheaper price tag, but unfortunately the less expensive alternatives may cause skin irritations, encourage bacteria growth, wear down, tear quickly and noticeably less comfortable. http://www.shoppingugg.com When buying sheepskin boots, make sure they are manufactured from quality Australian Merino wool. Australian Merino sheepskin boots are considered the best material for making sheepskin boots and it also ensures that you will be able to use them for many years. Authentic wool also allows your feet to breathe and help reduce feet sweating. Merino sheep skin is by and large thicker and much more durable than other kinds of sheep skin, which helps your boots keep their shape as well as resist wear and tear. By purchasing sheepskin boots made from merino wool and sheep skin, you will be guaranteed that not only will they be the most comfortable pair of sheepskin boots you'll ever own, but they will also last for a long time to come. I have included some links if you would like to learn more about sheepskin boots or youwant to know where can buy some UGG Boots - Australia markets the premier brand in luxury and comfort. Their many products fit into your every day life offering you products that are fashionable, comfortable, and attainable.Ugg Boots have been made and worn in Australia/China for over 50 years and "Ugg" is not associated with any brand or style of sheepskin boot. So if your looking for real australian made ugg boots look no further than Shopping Ugg See our full range of Cardy UGG Boots (http://www.shoppingugg.com/cardi-ugg-boots), Classic Short UGG Boots (http://www.shoppingugg.com/classic-short-ugg-boots), Classic Tall UGG Boots (http://www.shoppingugg.com/classic-tall-ugg-boots), Metallic UGG Boots (http://www.shoppingugg.com/metallic-ugg-boots), Sundance UGG Boots and now even new Mini UGG Boots (http://www.shoppingugg.com/mini-ugg-boots)then you can find all the love from australia right here.