PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Day - Brazil

edv
2nd November 2008, 19:07
Despite all the attention given to the title contenders, it was young Vettel that had me on the edge of my chair, especially the last few laps. Well done, kid!

harvick#1
2nd November 2008, 19:09
Vettel, 4th in a STR and passing the WDC in the final laps :p :

put this kid in a competitive car and its game over for everyone else

yodasarmpit
2nd November 2008, 19:11
Vettel or Massa for me.

Knock-on
2nd November 2008, 19:12
Massa. Vettel did superb and emphasises the best engine on the grid.

Corny
2nd November 2008, 19:16
Massa..

Robinho
2nd November 2008, 19:19
Massa, Vettel close second, Lewis 3rd, for coping with the pressure - just!

52Paddy
2nd November 2008, 19:25
Massa did exactly what he had to do. He drove a great race. But Vettel gets it for me. He over performed and was chasing down Massa when he had a light car. This boy is going places :up:

VkmSpouge
2nd November 2008, 19:34
I would go for Felipe Massa, he drove quite excellently today. Vettel also did a good job.

Bradley
2nd November 2008, 19:34
Massa by far, Vettel, then Alonso.

markabilly
2nd November 2008, 19:37
massa no question...
As to vettel, the boy don't know his place, so he can cross mac off his list of teams to drive for, atleast as long as RD and LH are there.....Glock OTOH, well, he might make an ecven better lapdog than Kovi who whines about those heavy tanks for Qing...

Tazio
2nd November 2008, 19:38
Vettel, Fred, Massa, Kimi. Take your pick!

gloomyDAY
3rd November 2008, 04:08
Vettel, 4th in a STR and passing the WDC in the final laps :p :

put this kid in a competitive car and its game over for everyone elseVettel. Completely overshadowed the most optimistic predictions over this year's performance and silenced his critics (Garry Walker). What happened in Brazil was just a microcosm of what has happened all year long.

truefan72
3rd November 2008, 04:13
vettel

ShiftingGears
3rd November 2008, 04:46
In no order, Vettel, Massa, and Alonso.

Tazio
3rd November 2008, 04:48
Massa, Vettel close second, Lewis 3rd, for coping with the pressure - just! Lewis won and all props' to him. But, this was not a great performance. IMO I think it exposed a weakness that with experience he will overcome! He seemed twitchey, and tentative having to run a conservative race. He is much more impressive, and comfortable while on the limit. If I had to point to his best move of the race, I would have to say not making a Kamakazi attack on Vettel on the last lap! It won the championship! :up:

Storm
3rd November 2008, 06:28
Vettel and Alonso both were pretty good in this race but the driver of the race can only be Massa. Great drive under a lot of pressure.
Last race, 7 pts gap, crazy home crowd, changing weather and he delivered !
Did all he can and Kubica and Vettel and Lewis himself almost got him the title only for Glock to mess it all up.

F1boat
3rd November 2008, 06:30
Massa, no doubt.
Vettel
Alonso

pino
3rd November 2008, 06:56
Massa & Vettel :up:

wmcot
3rd November 2008, 07:37
Tie between Massa and Vettel:

Massa did what he had to under tremendous pressure by dominating the whole weekend.

Vettel for doing the unexpected and giving us all a thrill/worry (depending on your side) as a climax to the season!

markabilly
3rd November 2008, 09:58
Lewis won and all props' to him. But, this was not a great performance. IMO I think it exposed a weakness that with experience he will overcome! He seemed twitchey, and tentative having to run a conservative race. He is much more impressive, and comfortable while on the limit. If I had to point to his best move of the race, I would have to say not making a Kamakazi attack on Vettel on the last lap! It won the championship! :up:

"It" was lucky, not a "best move"....LH knew and thought he had to beat SV to win a WDC, but SV took him and left him. If Glock had not slowed, got way over, then FM would be WDC.

Several corners and a lap earlier, LH tried to make those attacks but Vettel kept it down and kept going. Then Mac CEO lies to save face and say they were racing Glock, not Vettel....

Yeah, Vettel had a dame good year, although I was a doubter at the beginning...if I ws ferrari (or Mac or anyone else) he would be my choice of the future

N. Jones
3rd November 2008, 10:13
Have to agree - Massa & Vettel were superb.

ValentinoXX
3rd November 2008, 12:27
SV

Areez2006
3rd November 2008, 12:39
"It" was lucky, not a "best move"....LH knew and thought he had to beat SV to win a WDC, but SV took him and left him. If Glock had not slowed, got way over, then FM would be WDC.

Several corners and a lap earlier, LH tried to make those attacks but Vettel kept it down and kept going. Then Mac CEO lies to save face and say they were racing Glock, not Vettel....

Yeah, Vettel had a dame good year, although I was a doubter at the beginning...if I ws ferrari (or Mac or anyone else) he would be my choice of the future

Ahh...I love the refreshing "if's"...if only Kimi's McLaren hadn't let him down in 2003, if only Schumacher was healthy in 1999, if Sterling Moss had have won a championship. Truth is, what happened happened, so why not just accept it and move on. Massa drove the race he was supposed to, and Hamilton qualified 4th, and was running 4th until Glock didn't pit. Vettel didn't pass LH, LH ran wide and Vettel took advantage. But hey LH did what he needed.

PolePosition_1
3rd November 2008, 12:51
I'd have to say between Vettel, Massa and Alonso.

Massa, because he dominated the weekend, if you compare him and Kimi pace, he was miles ahead.

Vettel, for being so impressive, but he was put in that position by pitting at right time, same as Alonso, who in same position got more out of it.

So if I have to choose one, Alonso, then Massa and then Vettel.

Nancy YU
3rd November 2008, 13:04
Poor DC,retired at the flying lap,in the last race~

seppefan
3rd November 2008, 13:42
Glock....

Nikki Katz
3rd November 2008, 14:37
This is a tough one. I'd perhaps give it to Massa as he was much better than Raikkonen again, and very nearly won the championship despite a 7 point deficit going in. But Vettel was also very good in the last few laps, and another great result from Alonso.

Dave B
3rd November 2008, 14:38
Vettel was superb, but it's got to be Massa for DotD. In qualifying he was so quick that many (me included) assumed he was running on fumes; on Sunday he simply soaked up the enormous pressure on him and dealt with the variable weather to drive a faultless race.

His dignity and poise in defeat was remarkable, and I think Kimi might have his hands full again next year.

Tazio
3rd November 2008, 18:30
"It" was lucky, not a "best move" Let's not get hung up on semantics here ;)
" but SV took him and left him. And Lewis had the presence of mind not to do anything crazy, as he had 5 cars ahead of him racing in the rain! :dozey:

samuratt
3rd November 2008, 19:02
Massa drove good, Vettel had an impresive performance and Alonso too.

But I am thinking now, that we should praise all of the drivers who kept the title alive till the last lap:
Massa
Alonso
Kimi
Vettel
Hamilton
Glock

Thank you all for an impresive last seasson race!!!!!

Tazio
3rd November 2008, 19:05
Massa drove good, Vettel had an impresive performance and Alonso too.

But I am thinking now, that we should praise all of the drivers who kept the title alive till the last lap:
Massa
Alonso
Kimi
Vettel
Hamilton
Glock

Thank you all for an impresive last seasson race!!!!! :up:

Big Ben
3rd November 2008, 19:09
Massa was more than impressive especially if we take in consideration the pressure he had on his shoulder and his previous races in wet.

Alonso proved once more that he´s probably the best driver around.

Vettel... what can I say? it´s a shame he´s going to RBR

jens
3rd November 2008, 22:02
Especially Alonso and Vettel as they have basically been among driver of the races throughout the second half of the season! Still hard to believe that Alonso has also actually passed Heidfeld and risen to P5 in the WDC - who would have thought that after midseason?

Also Massa being able to win his second rain-affected race in his career (although Belgium GP was more of a statistical win), but he clearly has improved in such conditions.

Tazio
4th November 2008, 18:22
Especially Alonso and Vettel as they have basically been among driver of the races throughout the second half of the season! Still hard to believe that Alonso has also actually passed Heidfeld and risen to P5 in the WDC - who would have thought that after midseason?

Also Massa being able to win his second rain-affected race in his career (although Belgium GP was more of a statistical win), but he clearly has improved in such conditions.
I can’t help but believe that Massa benefited tremendously by having Mike work directly with him!
He probably leaned more in two weeks of "advice"
this season, than the entire time he drove shotgun for the German,
who would be prone to let the lad learn at his own rate while he was still competing ;)