PDA

View Full Version : How do I find out ....

Hazell B
30th October 2008, 18:52
.... who to complain to at Tesco?

Seriously, they've got millions in the banks, masses of stores, thousands of employees and a website with huge traffic - but no complaints page :mark:

Tried ringing the place in Dundee they call 'customer services' (with irony on Tesco's part, no doubt) but the staff simply read from a series of cards telling them what to say to any given question. It's pointless, they don't know how to help and don't care anyway.

So, anyone know the Tesco boss' home address? Where his kids go the school? What time he walks his dog on a quiet, secluded pathway where nobody would hear him scream? :p :

What was your most successful compaint?

GridGirl
30th October 2008, 19:28
The addresses of directors are easily availabale from Companies House. An annual return costs £1 I think. They just magically appear from admin when I ask for them. :p

Why do you need to complain?

Drew
30th October 2008, 19:43
As they are so big that probably depends on which department you have a problem with. I suppose that would mean ringing up the department's number and then waiting to see if there's a complaint section. However if it's a problem with a certain store then just go in and hassle them Hazell style until they sort things out!

Dave B
30th October 2008, 19:44
If you'd like to post more details we can tell you the best route, eg getting trading standards involved. :)

inimitablestoo
30th October 2008, 19:44
It's quicker if you go through the "6 complaints or fewer" aisle ;)

schmenke
30th October 2008, 21:07
Careful Hazell, you might end up with a turd in your ice cream :mark:

Daniel
30th October 2008, 22:18
Have we got a new Navtheace? :p

A search on google for "tesco complaint" gives the following link :p

http://www.tesco.com/tescotalk/codeofPractice/?page=copComplaints

Daniel
30th October 2008, 22:21
Careful Hazell, you might end up with a turd in your ice cream :mark:
Mmmmmmm chocolate

Mark
31st October 2008, 08:05
The big boss won't care about small complaints, especially if you start it with "You've got millions in the bank"... Best to be very specific and direct it to a very specific person, but it of course depends on the nature of your complaint!

jim mcglinchey
31st October 2008, 08:10
.... who to complain to at Tesco?

What was your most successful compaint?

Surely to God the manager at your nearest SHOP will be able to help.

It really pays to complain in these troubled times. I'd to send Weetabix back to Weetabix because they tasted a bit burnt and they sent us enough vouchers to get 2 x 48 biscuit packs, and I sent a packet of Tayto Spirals back and they kindly sent me a box with 16 packets in it. Result.

Dave B
31st October 2008, 08:45
I've only ever complained twice in about 20 years of shopping at Tesco and both times the customer service desk refunded me without batting an eyelid (without a receipt in one case).

Susy wrote to Purina about a dog chew which the packet claimed would "keep your pet busy for hours" but which our monster polished off within 10 minutes - they sent us enough vouchers to buy loads more treats.

:D

Hazell B
1st November 2008, 19:20
.... both times the customer service desk refunded me without batting an eyelid ....

They'll hand back cash fine, as our bank account can testify about four times within a week, but they can't offer any form of incentive for you to keep buying from them after a good deal of poor customer satisfaction. So, I just thought I'd write and tell somebody at Tesco why we gave up using them and went elsewhere with our almost £800 purchase.

We bought a TV there and it wouldn't work. We asked for help picking another and they simply left us waiting until we got bored and bought the only TV on the shelves (which also didn't work when we got it home). The excuse for leaving us was that the electrical person was on a til and didn't think to simply ask another member of staff to help us. Rubbish. One TV had a smashed screen when we opened the box ..... and another I smashed myself when it stopped working after one day. :mark:

Anyway, we took back our cash eventually and went to another store.

With a thirsty Range Rover, another vehicle and two greedy humans all eating and drinking mainly at Tesco, you think they'd at least consider trying to keep us as customers. But not so much as a "sorry, here's a five pound discount voucher" from them.

ASDA diet cola's nicer, anyway :facelick: