PDA

View Full Version : Current Versus home page

SarahFan
29th October 2008, 03:03
http://www.versus.com/

i'm not sure what Tony thinks.....but I'd be pissed!!!

a little blurb 2/3 of the way down the right hand side...

not links...no mentions...heck even click on the sports link across the main bar nothing....

this is not the treatment i was lead to believe

call_me_andrew
29th October 2008, 03:24
I don't see anything. And why would there be? The season doesn't start until March.

Rex Monaco
29th October 2008, 04:02
And whats worse, is there is no mention of the 33rd Americas Cup at all!

This is unacceptable! How am I supposed to plan my 2009 TV viewing? I might as well just turn the thing off until 2010.

Rex Monaco
29th October 2008, 04:06

i'm not sure what Tony thinks.....but I'd be pissed!!!

a little blurb 2/3 of the way down the right hand side...

not links...no mentions...heck even click on the sports link across the main bar nothing....

this is not the treatment i was lead to believe

Setting the sarcasm aside, the blurb 2/3 down is a link (http://www.versus.com/press_center) and following it reveals 2 more IRL related links.

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/73795/?tf=VSPressCenter_articles.tpl&UserDef=true

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/41535/?tf=VSPressCenter_articles.tpl&UserDef=true

Scheckterfan54
29th October 2008, 06:47
With all due respect...go to espn.com and see what is mentioned about the Indycar Series!!!

Dr. Krogshöj
29th October 2008, 11:44
Just waint until March when it will be full of Danica.

SarahFan
29th October 2008, 13:16
With all due respect...go to espn.com and see what is mentioned about the Indycar Series!!!

main bar has a racing link... click it... and bam there is the IRL

dataman1
29th October 2008, 13:41
main bar has a racing link... click it... and bam there is the IRL

The I would say based upon your own posts that Versus gave them front page coverage and ESPN gave a secondary page.

Don't confuse this comment for support of Versus. I won't be able to see it with DISH unless I want to pay more cash.

NickFalzone
29th October 2008, 13:50
Considering that ESPN owned the broadcast rights through the end of this season, IE 3 days ago, I would not expect a whole lot from VS promotions at this point.

SarahFan
29th October 2008, 17:25
is it too much to ask that the IRL be listed across the main bar alonf with the NHL, Bulls and Hunting & Fishing?

is it?

Rex Monaco
29th October 2008, 17:49
is it too much to ask that the IRL be listed across the main bar alonf with the NHL, Bulls and Hunting & Fishing?

is it?

We have 5 months before the first race is even televised, so what would be the point?

If there is nothing there in January, then I'd see it as a valid question.

SarahFan
29th October 2008, 18:01
too little too late

Chamoo
29th October 2008, 19:45
too little too late

Your not serious are you? They probably can't legally do it until the ESPN contract ran out.

SarahFan
29th October 2008, 20:12
Your not serious are you? They probably can't legally do it until the ESPN contract ran out.

I'm absolutely serios

Alfa Fan
29th October 2008, 20:53
Versus do not have the rights to IndyCar until the 2009 season, and that almost certainly means they don't have the rights to it until at least January 1 2009.

garyshell
30th October 2008, 03:29
Versus do not have the rights to IndyCar until the 2009 season, and that almost certainly means they don't have the rights to it until at least January 1 2009.

Oh come on, stop with all these FACTS. You are going to spoil Ken's rant.
"Too little, too late". What a joke. The season just ended less than four days ago, and it's too late to start the 2009 TV ad campaign?

Gary

SarahFan
30th October 2008, 03:34
Oh come on, stop with all these FACTS. You are going to spoil Ken's rant.
"Too little, too late". What a joke. The season just ended less than four days ago, and it's too late to start the 2009 TV ad campaign?

Gary

espn/abc gave up there rights and they would be upset that Vs put a link for the IRL next to Bull riding the NHL and haunting & fishing on there main bar....

especially when you factor in better ratings on vs will translate to better ratings for there 5 races....

seems alot of you are conditioned to accept 'average'

garyshell
30th October 2008, 03:42
espn/abc gave up there rights and they would be upset that Vs put a link for the IRL next to Bull riding the NHL and haunting & fishing on there main bar....

especially when you factor in better ratings on vs will translate to better ratings for there 5 races....

seems alot of you are conditioned to accept 'average'

How the hell does suggesting that since the season was over four days ago, the next season doesn't start until March and questioning the ridiculous notion that it is already "too little, too late" make us "conditioned to accept 'average'"?

Gave up their rights? Do you have any clue when the contract actually expires? I bet the folks at Versus do.

Gary

SarahFan
30th October 2008, 03:48
How the hell does suggesting that since the season was over four days ago, the next season doesn't start until March and questioning the ridiculous notion that it is already "too little, too late" make us "conditioned to accept 'average'"?

Gave up their rights? Do you have any clue when the contract actually expires? I bet the folks at Versus do.

Gary

yep.... it expired after the 2009 schedule

garyshell
30th October 2008, 03:52
yep.... it expired after the 2009 schedule

Oh, no!!!! Four whole days ago. You're right, it's too late. We're doomed, I tell you, doomed. Cancel the 2009 season. :eek:

Gary

Chamoo
30th October 2008, 04:04
Oh, no!!!! Four whole days ago. You're right, it's too late. We're doomed, I tell you, doomed. Cancel the 2009 season. :eek:

Gary

It's Champ Car all over again!

F1boat
30th October 2008, 06:52
yeah. Cause of the CC fans. Constantly whining, ruining the forum, bashing drivers.

Damon
30th October 2008, 10:56
We have 5 months before the first race is even televised, so what would be the point?

Ken doesn't have one, he's just being your typical Racing message board snob. Ignore him.

NickFalzone
30th October 2008, 13:38
Don't feed the troll.

Chamoo
30th October 2008, 14:01
yeah. Cause of the CC fans. Constantly whining, ruining the forum, bashing drivers.

Well considering I was (and still am a CC fan), I was purely making a sarcastic remark. Ken is freaking out about nothing important.

The only time I have ever whined about the IRL is due to the cars, which many IRL fans whine about too.

I don't believe I have ever ruined these forums.

I don't bash the drivers, unless they deserve to be bashed (ie: Danica Patrick after most races).

Rex Monaco
30th October 2008, 14:20

I was a CART fan. I viewed Champcar with the same skeptism that I view the IRL. But none the less, I am constantly being lumped in with the CCF crowd by the IRListas.

And my opposition to Ken's misguided criticsm, whether he be a CCF or not, will be ignored by the Kool-Aid drinkers the next time I call TG an idiot. (Whoops! ;) )

SarahFan
30th October 2008, 14:38
Ken doesn't have one, he's just being your typical Racing message board snob. Ignore him.

that's rich.... Daniel of 12 posts calling me a snob

SarahFan
30th October 2008, 14:39
Ken is freaking out about nothing ).

I am seriosly freaking out... call the wagon and get out the white coats

SarahFan
30th October 2008, 14:40

Gary

are you confused gary?

garyshell
30th October 2008, 14:41

It didn't take him long to figure it out. I wonder why???

Could it be things like:

too little too late

Gary

SarahFan
30th October 2008, 14:46
It didn't take him long to figure it out. I wonder why???

Could it be things like:

Gary

what exactly is snobish about expecting more from the new 10 year television partner than espn and it's sub 1 ratings provided?

garyshell
30th October 2008, 14:53

If there is nothing there in January, then I'd see it as a valid question.

too little too late

are you confused gary?

Since you were the one suggesting that it was "too little too late", I'd hardly say I was the one confused.

gary

SarahFan
30th October 2008, 15:02
Since you were the one suggesting that it was "too little too late", I'd hardly say I was the one confused.

gary

I think your confused about the espn contract gary... it ran through the end of 2009.... yet you suggest it's only been four days...

so i ask again... is it really snobish to expect more from Vs than espn and it's zero.5's?

garyshell
30th October 2008, 16:59
I think your confused about the espn contract gary... it ran through the end of 2009.... yet you suggest it's only been four days...

How could it run through the end of 2009, when the IRL just signed a new deal with Versus starting in the 2009 season? It may have had that as the original termination date, but clearly that is no longer in play. I suggested that the season has only been over for four days and you were already calling for Versus to have an IRL link in their banner.

Gary

dataman1
30th October 2008, 17:17
I believe some races in 2009 will be on ABC/ESPN which I would think would require a contract for 2009. Not taking sides, just pointing out detail.

garyshell
30th October 2008, 17:27
I believe some races in 2009 will be on ABC/ESPN which I would think would require a contract for 2009. Not taking sides, just pointing out detail.

Yeah, I totally forgot about the split season with some of them still on ESPN.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. But that still doesn't explain why Ken's "too little, too late" stance when folks were discussing the lack of an IRL link on the Versus site.

Gary

Damon
30th October 2008, 18:14

It's not just the 12 posts, Ken, it's your posts over at TF as well and you did the same thing there complaining about Versus.

Give it a rest.

NickFalzone
30th October 2008, 23:16
Gary, ABC/ESPN signed a deal to 2013 to air 5 races each season including Indy. And Scott Goodyear even mentioned this on Trackside radio last week. The new deal, and the VS deal, begin with the 2009 season. Considering that we're 5+ months away from next season's start on April 5, and that VS has never aired an IndyCar race, I do not find it strange they would not be hyping or putting links to a series that no one on their channel can even watch anytime soon. As was stated earlier, if it's quiet over there by February, I'd be concerned. But any arguing about this in October of 2008 is just petty and looking for something to complain about IMO.

SarahFan
31st October 2008, 02:49
It's not just the 12 posts, Ken, it's your posts over at TF as well and you did the same thing there complaining about Versus.

Give it a rest.

is pointing out the obvios complaining....

SarahFan
9th November 2008, 17:19
Hmmm....things have changed... I wonder why?

BTW I dropped them a note suggesting they change the IRL to indycar......NFL, NBA, NHL are well known....IRL not so much

NickFalzone
9th November 2008, 22:22
Sure Ken they came to the motorsport forums and said well look at these comments, we need to update our website with an IndyCar tab. Right, it's very unlikely they would have come up with such an idea on their own.

I do agree that IndyCar nomenclature would be better than IRL, although technically IRL is more accurate since VS will be showing with IndyCar and Indy Lights races (both under the "IRL" umbrella). I don't see it there now, but earlier they had an IndyCar background from Chicagoland, now it's rotating football and hunting images.

nigelred5
9th November 2008, 22:35
Sure, there will need to be a link on the VS website, but ESPN is still producing everything for ABC and versus till 2012 IIRC, so they can't exactly diss ESPN in this deal. To be honest, it looks like VS is nothing more than a different broadcast outlet for the same ol deal.

SarahFan
9th November 2008, 23:13
Sure Ken they came to the motorsport forums and said well look at these comments, we need to update our website with an IndyCar tab. Right, it's very unlikely they would have come up with such an idea on their own.

I do agree that IndyCar nomenclature would be better than IRL, although technically IRL is more accurate since VS will be showing with IndyCar and Indy Lights races (both under the "IRL" umbrella). I don't see it there now, but earlier they had an IndyCar background from Chicagoland, now it's rotating football and hunting images.

I agree....I'm sure they didn't come here and read this thread ...... Then again i wasnt bitching and complaining either .....

Remember prior to starting the thread I dropped them a friendly note pointing out the obvios .......and it appears it had nothing to with the contract being up at the end of the year or the season being months away

SarahFan
15th November 2008, 16:53
Hmmm....things have changed... I wonder why?

BTW I dropped them a note suggesting they change the IRL to indycar......NFL, NBA, NHL are well known....IRL not so much

big thumbs up to the folks at Vs for listening and reacting

16th November 2008, 12:05
The BBC have the contract for F1 in the UK next year....but there is nothing on their website!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no, the world is coming to an end!

Help us Obe Ken Kanobe! You're Our Only Hope!

markabilly
16th November 2008, 13:34
The BBC have the contract for F1 in the UK next year....but there is nothing on their website!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke, obscured by the dark side it is, see beyond the dark side, a Jedi must drink :beer:

SarahFan
16th November 2008, 16:36

oh my gosh.... a swipe with a star wars reference....that really hurts... Not

get back to me when you have a point

garyshell
16th November 2008, 18:05
oh my gosh.... a swipe with a star wars reference....that really hurts... Not

get back to me when you have a point

Get back to us when you have a sense of humor. Tamburello's wit can be a bit wry, but then again what would one expect from a Brit? ;)

Gary

Andrewmcm
16th November 2008, 18:40
Tamburello does have a point; The BBC is one of the biggest, most respected broadcasters in the world and even they haven't got off their arses to update their site. Clearly they're as bad as Versus and must be admonished for such slack behaviour and the British license fee payer should have their fee returned......

Alternatively, Versus should be allowed to get on with sorting out their website without fanatical (and I use that word in its truest definition) forum posters criticising them for not having done anything wrong at all. Sure it'll be fine to comment on their site and help them to improve it once it's all up and running, but slating them for not having it up the second the last IRL season ended is just a bit rude really.

SarahFan
16th November 2008, 19:36
Get back to us when you have a sense of humor. Tamburello's wit can be a bit wry, but then again what would one expect from a Brit? ;)

Gary

not funny is just that not funny

SarahFan
16th November 2008, 19:41
Tamburello does have a point; The BBC is one of the biggest, most respected broadcasters in the world and even they haven't got off their arses to update their site. Clearly they're as bad as Versus and must be admonished for such slack behaviour and the British license fee payer should have their fee returned......

Alternatively, Versus should be allowed to get on with sorting out their website without fanatical (and I use that word in its truest definition) forum posters criticising them for not having done anything wrong at all. Sure it'll be fine to comment on their site and help them to improve it once it's all up and running, but slating them for not having it up the second the last IRL season ended is just a bit rude really.

one of the biggest most respected broadcasters televising one of the worlds biggest sports in a market already interested

Vs.

A niche station trying to carve out a name for itself for alternative sports programming televising a niche sport that has had sub one declining ratings for 4 or 5 straight seasons

sorry if you fail to see the difference..... but make no mistake there is a difference....

I give props to Versus for updating and subsequently changeing their site......but the dealing leading up to the new 10 year partnership didn't happen overnite..... I was certainly suprised they didn't hit the ground running

garyshell
17th November 2008, 05:42
not funny is just that not funny

Yeah, like I said, get back to us when you get a sense of humor. I thought it was VERY funny.

Gary

indycool
25th November 2008, 14:13
A new take on the Versus deal from a motorsports marketer.....

http://mmgatl1.wordpress.com/

SarahFan
25th November 2008, 15:35
A new take on the Versus deal from a motorsports marketer.....

http://mmgatl1.wordpress.com/

Without inside knowledge to the “deal”,