PDA

View Full Version : Hey, there's poo in her gelato

Valve Bounce
26th October 2008, 01:42
Sydney Hotel served up free Gelato a la poo to a complaining customer. TRUE!! http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/human-excrement-found-in-free-gelato/2008/10/25/1224351608023.html

Roamy
26th October 2008, 08:16
leave it to the Aussies - Next they will be selling sh!t sandwiches to Finland

gloomyDAY
26th October 2008, 17:11
Don't mess with the people who make your food!
That family seems like a bunch of pricks who had it coming.

At the bottom, there appeared to be chocolate. Greedily, I went for it ahead of the kids. Thank heavens I did. The stench, the taste … I spat the food into a napkin and immediately I was sick.

There was no doubting what it was. The whole family became hysterical. My poor son screamed at one of their staff: 'You made my mum eat poo.' :rotflmao:

Valve Bounce
26th October 2008, 22:52
The only other case I can remember that comes close was in China some years ago. One of the staff was caught urinating in the egg drop soup, and he was jailed for a number of years.

Next time I'm in Sydney, I'll remember to avoid the Coogee Hotel, or whatever name it re-opens in after they are closed down. And I think I'll avoid chocolate gelato and/or ice cream in future.

Azumanga Davo
27th October 2008, 06:11
Don't mess with the people who make your food!
That family seems like a bunch of pricks who had it coming.

:rotflmao:

Funnily enough, that was the opinion I came up with when they appeared on this morning's news. But no one deserves that, no matter how much of a tw[i]t they are.*

*: Vowel substitution for the win.

Daniel
27th October 2008, 13:20
Rugby league lovers. They deserve everything they get and then some :p

306 Cosworth
27th October 2008, 14:21
Mrs Whyte said: "This isn't about money. It's about making sure it never happens again."

Then why do they want to claim up to $1million??

ShiftingGears
29th October 2008, 06:43
Well, less than a week and the national news call it...

Gelatogate.

millencolin
29th October 2008, 09:20
as soon as i saw this on the news, my first throught was 'i bet they deserved it'

From working in the hospitality arena before, some people do deserve to eat poo, spit, something foul, because how they treat the staff is just unacceptable.

I remember spitting in a couple of cokes when i was working in the cinema candy bar, i dont regret it, those people deserve it.

She said that she didnt mention it for a week because she was 'too embarrased', more like 'too busy talking to the lawyers so they can make the most money from it'

Ranger
29th October 2008, 10:38
The whole thing is ironic:

The name Coogee is said to be taken from a local Aboriginal word koojah which means "smelly place"

Pretty poor form that the news keeps displaying the story - as well as detailed descriptions of the event - while people are eating breakfast, lunch and dinner!

You gotta feel sorry for the manager of the Hotel who is probably going to lose the restaurant thanks to someone's (some bored teen, most likely) idea of a witty payback.

Valve Bounce
29th October 2008, 20:47
The latest development is that it was animal poo and not human shyte.

I suspect that some of the above posters wouldn't be that happy if it happened to members of their own family.

Valve Bounce
29th October 2008, 20:52
Sorry, double post.