PDA

View Full Version : VMC 2008 on Setanta

52Paddy
25th October 2008, 23:24
The Virgin Mobile Cup is being currently aired on Setanta under the programme name of "Natural Born Racers." The show is ok, but a little dramatized or emphasized on personalities, instead of the racing itself. Whatever about that, I've been trying to look up info on the 2008 VMC on the net, to no avail. Is there a website or anything? I can only find info regarding last year's championship, nothing for this year.

leopard
30th October 2008, 09:27
I think until the more appropriate source is found, you can refer to their official website of robmacracing. Provided there is no official announcement has been made about 2008 season, the last conditions Virgin Mobile Yamaha of the last season of 2007 seems to be of no change.

ChrisS
30th October 2008, 10:25
there was no Virgin R6 cup in 2008. Rob McElnea's and Virgin's partnership ended last season and they also didnt sponsor his BSB team.

McElnea ran the Henderson Yamaha R1 Cup in 2008. I dont think the series did that good and the grid was really small.

I'm not sure if the R1 cup will continue for next season either. At Brands KTM launged the RC8 Cup that will replace the KTM Super Duke series. I dont know what Rob Mac is doing but I dont think there is much point in having more than one support series of that level.

http://www.bikesportnews.com/articles/article.html?id=BRANDS_BSB_KTM_LAUNCH_2009_RC8_SER IES_1

leopard
31st October 2008, 03:25
Yeah, currently virgin's involvement can be seen in supersport class. Virgin mobile samsung Yamaha was one of figurative character that will not easily disappear from racing.