PDA

View Full Version : OT-Homestead

Old Stock Nut
22nd October 2008, 19:20
Is anyone else going to the last NASCAR race of the season at Homestead? I will be at the Cup race on Sunday from early on the Sunday if anyone fancies meeting up to swap old tales about the good old days at the Rock.

kjb
22nd October 2008, 20:16
sorry OSN but it looks like i'm gonna have to give it a miss this time round mate! too much else on my plate just now! enjoy yourself, kevin

Reynard
22nd October 2008, 21:14
Have fun out there mate, and enjoy the race! :)

Just think of us while we get soaked and frozen back in dear old blighty. ;)

Forum Buddy
30th October 2008, 13:54
Have a great time OSN.
Don't forget the photos to be posted.

Francis

racing59
1st November 2008, 20:33
He really knows how to make someone jealous, doesn't he.....

Brian - y'all have a great time y'hear!
Bring us back a stick o' rock will ye!

Gasman
8th November 2008, 22:57
Is anyone else going to the last NASCAR race of the season at Homestead? I will be at the Cup race on Sunday from early on the Sunday if anyone fancies meeting up to swap old tales about the good old days at the Rock.

Not to Homestead, but I'll be at Daytona next February as usual (despite the dreadful exchange rate) and I'm stopping off in Charlotte on the way home to visit some of the race shops.

Have a good time!

BTW, while the pound was riding high last February I finally got to drive 8 laps around Daytona with the Richard Petty Driving Experience on the Tueday before the race. [Max. Speed = 144.93 MPH]

Its not exactly "cheap" but, as the locals would say, "AWESOME!!!"

I don't know if the RPDE will be running at Homestead before the races, but if you get the chance to drive a Sprint Cup Car don't miss it...

Old Stock Nut
21st November 2008, 23:34
Ah well, back to the cold and the late trains....
The race was amazing. There was so much to see beforehand and the actual race was superb because most of the top drivers started near the back and had to work their way through the field. Top moments - getting to within a couple of feet of "The King" in the pit area and that burnout of Jimmies where he lit the tyres up between the rows of people just before the presentation (You can see it in the photos on page 7).
I went a bit mad with the wife's point and shoot camera becaue the big one was a bit bulky for the bag search!, but if you want to see the pictures they are at: http://s427.photobucket.com/albums/pp352/brian-hunt/Homestead%202008/
If only we had something like this over here Bernie would be losing much more than his wife....

Forum Buddy
22nd November 2008, 06:54
Great Photos Brian.

Thanks for sharing.

Francis
Forum Buddy