PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Day ?

Knock-on
19th October 2008, 09:51
Obviously a perfect drive from LH but Timo gets my vote for a very strong race.

ShiftingGears
19th October 2008, 09:59
Hamilton was flawless, Raikkonen and Alonso are also worth noting.

Knock-on
19th October 2008, 10:02
Hamilton was flawless, Raikkonen and Alonso are also worth noting.

Alonso had a good race and Kimi certainly deserves some credit for taking it up the rear for the team. Must be galling to race your heart out and get demoted for no good reason. (now he knows how Lewis feels :) )

yodasarmpit
19th October 2008, 10:04
It's got to go to Lewis, just did everything right all weekend.
Did what he should have done last weekend.

Dave B
19th October 2008, 10:05
Hamilton, easily. Pole, win and fastest lap.

I felt sorry for Kimi, he was clearly the quicker Ferrari and on any other day may even have had a shot at the win. Massa really wasn't on his level today.

Knock-on
19th October 2008, 10:22
Hamilton, easily. Pole, win and fastest lap.

I felt sorry for Kimi, he was clearly the quicker Ferrari and on any other day may even have had a shot at the win. Massa really wasn't on his level today.

It was a faultless race under huge pressure but we just get used to those sorts of performances.

Like to spread it about a bit :D

truefan72
19th October 2008, 10:29
Hamilton

we all knew what was at stake, the pressure, etc.
That was the ultimate way to respond to critics, competitors and pressure.

F1boat
19th October 2008, 10:35
Hamilton. Just like in Great Britain, he responded to criticism in the best possible way.

ArrowsFA1
19th October 2008, 11:00
Hamilton. Just like in Great Britain, he responded to criticism in the best possible way.
Well said :up:

jens
19th October 2008, 11:10
Hamilton, Räikkönen, Alonso, Glock and... Barrichello. ;) That Honda was placing incredibly highly during the race, while Button was nowhere.

christophulus
19th October 2008, 11:44
I've got to agree with Barrichello, how that Honda got so far up is a mystery. Glock with a good job and Kubica dragging his car up to 6th is impressive given how badly it was handling.

These are all second to Hamilton though who had a flawless weekend.

gm99
19th October 2008, 11:48
Hamilto for performing faultlessly under pressure.

Kubica also did well to get into the top six from his lowly grid position.

Valve Bounce
19th October 2008, 12:34
It's got to be Felipe Massa. With a Herculean effort, he managed to claw back the almost impossible gap to current WDC Kimi, and after a Titanic struggle he managed to pass Kimi, thus reducing his points gap by two valuable points.

A stunning effort, n'est ce pas?

Robinho
19th October 2008, 12:51
i'd have to say Lewis, he never looked like being beaten all weekend, and after last week made a great job of the start and just went away from there.

Alondso looked to be driving the wheels off the Renault, Kubica did a great job from a lowly starting position and Webber always seemed to be overtaking someone

VkmSpouge
19th October 2008, 13:51
Lewis Hamilton who was unbeatable all weekend.
Strong showing by Kimi Raikkonen.

BeansBeansBeans
19th October 2008, 14:23
I'd say Hamilton.

Converted his dominance into a triple-crown.

Tazio
19th October 2008, 15:13
Lewis is gets my vote for driver of the day.
In two weeks it will be Driver of the year. :up:
It appears to be a mortal lock. ;)
Fred gets an honorable mention, as he easily outpaced
everyone not driving a Ferrari, or McLaren :up:

DazzlaF1
19th October 2008, 17:04
Has to be Hamilton, a full house from him, fastest in every session, the race win and the fastest lap as well, a perfect weekend for him.

I agree though, Glock had another strong drive and Heidfeld as well i think deserves a mention, up from 9th to a top 5 finish

Nikki Katz
19th October 2008, 17:16
Bit of a dull race really. It's hard to give it to anyone but Hamilton as he was dominant, but not exactly exciting.

Big Ben
19th October 2008, 18:03
Hamilton, Raikkonen, Alonso

wedge
19th October 2008, 23:04
Standard win for Hamilton after criticism from last weekend

My vote goes to Kimi for a solid weekend in the wake of poor season.

Valve Bounce
20th October 2008, 01:32
Standard win for Hamilton after criticism from last weekend

My vote goes to Kimi for a solid weekend in the wake of poor season.

yeah!! he fought like hell to keep Massa from passing him!! Solid drive, ...................

well almost - he didn't really make much impression on Lewis tho'; maybe he was thinking of having a shyte.

markabilly
20th October 2008, 04:14
yeah!! he fought like hell to keep Massa from passing him!! Solid drive, ...................

well almost - he didn't really make much impression on Lewis tho'; maybe he was thinking of having a shyte.

Not his fault, he could not help thinking about taking a shyte.....Autosport reports that the team manager on race morning was told the pills was some special go juice, so he put the Ritalin in the fuel tank instead of in Kimi, so poor kimi was left struggling... :(

wmcot
20th October 2008, 07:09
It's got to be Felipe Massa. With a Herculean effort, he managed to claw back the almost impossible gap to current WDC Kimi, and after a Titanic struggle he managed to pass Kimi, thus reducing his points gap by two valuable points.

A stunning effort, n'est ce pas?

You've been listening too much to David Hobbs on SpeedTV, haven't you? :)

Storm
20th October 2008, 08:46
I did not (or rather could not )watch this race. I was disappointed but then when I saw the result and how the race panned out I was not that unhappy!

Anyways from what I read and having seen qualifying I would put driver of the day as Hamilton. Under a lot of pressure, he did a great lap in Q3 and then to lead from pole to flag is a great achievement when any mistake would have meant curtains to his title.

I still don't want him to win the title but if he wins (which should be easy now) he will have deserved it.

Massa was under a lot of pressure to get back the 5 pt gap and just could not deliver, I think he knows it will be very very hard to become champ next year for him, this was his best chance.

Valve Bounce
20th October 2008, 09:01
You've been listening too much to David Hobbs on SpeedTV, haven't you? :)

I was bingeing on Markabilly's Kool Aid :(

aryan
20th October 2008, 10:47
Hamilton.

Honourable mention to Kubica, Glock, Rubens and Alonso.