PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever think about life of future?

leopard
16th October 2008, 08:11
We can easily drive to pay a visit to know more about life, culture or anything of certain places. We can also watch or read from history about life of past time. Supposing time machine are sold in the store I will buy it only to bring me back to my prime life of two decades backwards. There will not be anytime produces life, culture, music or anything as beautiful as that of 80-90s.

Then, Have you ever think of what future holds? What kind of life will exist in the next hundreds and thousands years to go? What model of haircut whether punkologist or long haircut will be found like life of late 70-80s. Perhaps, global warming keeps in effect, water level has increased, some countries lose their land, the remaining land does not suffice for people make the life. Will there be any chance to make another life in the moon, mars or elsewhere? I guess more country compete to build highest towers to show-off their their country and technology? Or even people live in unity so that Palestine and Israel stop their dispute and live together, there is not anymore stressing relationship between US and Iran.

This talk is of course aside of LHR or belief about end of day.

jim mcglinchey
16th October 2008, 08:23
Nope, you lost me after " We..." just kidding Lep, I often dream about going back in time so that I could be the coolest, savviest guy in town ( think a taller Michael J Fox ). It must be an insecurity thing.

Mark
16th October 2008, 08:30
I think the massive technological change we've seen over the past 100-200 years won't be progressing quite as fast and we'll see more of an effort to make our lives more sustainable, beacuse we'll have to.

gadjo_dilo
16th October 2008, 08:45
I'm not interested in technology or fashion changes. But I'm sure that human race will regress. In fact I think we've already did.

leopard
16th October 2008, 10:54
Nope, you lost me after " We..." just kidding Lep, I often dream about going back in time so that I could be the coolest, savviest guy in town ( think a taller Michael J Fox ). It must be an insecurity thing.
Yeah I never take the LHR idea seriously :) .

Daniel
16th October 2008, 11:52
I think the massive technological change we've seen over the past 100-200 years won't be progressing quite as fast and we'll see more of an effort to make our lives more sustainable, beacuse we'll have to.
Ditto. I think medical science has a way to go but everyday things won't change nearly as much in the next 100 years as they did in the past 100 years.

555-04Q2
16th October 2008, 12:10
I've already bought property on Mars and the Moon at rock bottom prices. One day mankind will need more space than Mother Earth can provide and I will be in the pound seat in 500 odd years time. No wait, I'll be dead :(

fizzicist
16th October 2008, 12:54
Well we're all in charge of our own destiny so it's whatever you make of it.

And Simon Cowell will still be a tit in 50 years....

Daniel
16th October 2008, 13:00
Are we really that in charge though? The credit crunch has shown how much external factors can influence our lives.

fizzicist
16th October 2008, 16:45
Are we really that in charge though? The credit crunch has shown how much external factors can influence our lives.

Has it actually directly impacted upon you though?

Economies will always shift, this is a classic case of a successful industry getting fat and getting its commupence. Largely though we seem to be in recession by media.

In a couple of interest rate cuts time, things will pick up for the general consumer - certain areas of the banking sector have had to consolidate, however if you own shares in Barclays or LTSB, you're now sat on shares in some of the most undervalued companies going - these business have doubled in size with no apparent share value change.

My original point though is that how we respond to what life throws at us, is what gives us the control of our destiny.

My immediate destiny is to have some more coffee and a slice of cake for instance :p :

Drew
16th October 2008, 17:26
I think about the future alot. Mainly only about my future and not about society, there's not much I can do about that.

Rollo
16th October 2008, 20:15
I think that despite virtually everyone's view of the future where we'll be wearing funky shiny clothing (go on, I dare you. Find me a sci-fi program where the clothing isn't "cooler"). History has shown that the design if business shirts and jeans have remained virtually identical to when they came out.

The future will be dressed in business shirts and jeans exactly like today!

slinkster
17th October 2008, 12:05
I think about the future alot. Mainly only about my future and not about society, there's not much I can do about that.

It's this sort of thinking that has broken down society in the first place. :( We're all a part of society aren't we?

You're right, an individual alone can't change anything so I know exactly what you mean by this... but I don't know... I'd like to think we can all do our bit to make an impact, and considering other people takes minimal effort.

On another note- I'd like someone to invent a comfortable pair of heels in the future please. :)

veeten
17th October 2008, 12:31
whenever I think about the future, I often listen to 'I G Y' by Steely Dan.

It's not so bad. :)

Drew
17th October 2008, 14:30
It's this sort of thinking that has broken down society in the first place. :( We're all a part of society aren't we?

You're right, an individual alone can't change anything so I know exactly what you mean by this... but I don't know... I'd like to think we can all do our bit to make an impact, and considering other people takes minimal effort.

On another note- I'd like someone to invent a comfortable pair of heels in the future please. :)

I know what you mean. But there are too many outside factors that affect society that I can't control. It's like the government, we have a say but 1 vote in millions counts for very little.